Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

As for me-Us. -_-;

Oh, right. As for us, we're still up because of an energy drink. I'm just kind of bored right now, so I'm simply passing the time by talking to myself.

Actually, one thing did happen. I went to my brother's track meet, and he got first place in the 100 meter dash. When he won, he was running and jumping all across the field. That was actually the happiest I've seen him, or at least the most active I've seen him.

Also, I managed to make a good equation (*ahem* with Wriggle's help) for the VATS system, and after some tweaking, I managed to even make it similar to how it is in the game, albeit with some differences. I couldn't quite make it exactly like the game, but with the system, the weapons will even have the distances of the enemies calculated.

Here's the equation.

(BWP + Perks + Perks) * (Dmax/Dcurr)/10)

So, a Gauss Rifle will be able to hit someone from 2 kilometers away with a 7.5% chance, due to the equation looking like this.

(100 + 25 + 10) * ((2,000m / 2,000m) / 10) = 7.5%

The Base Weapon Probability is a sort of rating for the weapon. Because of the Gauss Rifle being the most accurate weapon in Fallout 3, it has the highest rating. As for something like a shotgun, it will have a much shorter range with a much smaller chance of hitting as you aim at farther targets.

So far, so good though.

What do you think?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

I can say Im impressed by how accurate you two make things

but dang, how do you manage to do it?
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Trial and error, along with a little bit of mathematical know-how and luck.

To be honest, I only came up with the simpler part of the equation (the first half), and Wriggle inadvertently came up with the second half. The second half is a part of en equation that didn't originally work, and was a part of the very first version of the VATS equation.

Psub = {Pb + [(Dmax/Dcurr)/10]}

Ptotal = ((Psub + Psub*0.25) + (Psub+ Psub*0.25) * 0.1))

Of courses, the equation kept giving me numbers like 4,000%, and .10%, numbers I could not use for a reliable VATS system.

After noticing that there were slots for three perks, I fixed it and added only two.

((Psub + Psub*0.25) + (Psub+ Psub*0.10) * 0.1))

Of course, this still had the same problems as the first equation, so I scrapped it, especially since it would only give me a 30% chance to hit someone.

After some thought, I decided to take the original equation from the original VATS mechanics from Fallout 3, and change it from this: 25 + (.25 + .10), to 25 + 25 + 10.

This would have been good, but we still needed a way to calculate the decrease in accuracy as enemies become farther away.

For this, we tried (25 + 25 + 10) * (maximum distance / current distance), but it yielded poor results.

After an hour of carefully thinking about it, I noticed that Wriggle's original equation had a very crucial, important piece that I needed for the results to be accurate to the game.

With this equation piece, I simply modified it so that it would look like this.

(Base Weapon Probability Rating + Perk + Perk) * ((Maximum Distance / Current Distance) / 10) = Accuracy

This meant that the weapon's probability rating would be added with any perks my character has, which would increase the 100 rating by 25 and 10, which would give him 135. As for maximum distance, it would be 2 kilometers, or 2,000 meters, while the current enemy is 1 kilometer, or 1,000 meters away from Max. When I divide those, I would get 2, and after dividing that by 10, I would get .2. After that, I multiply .2 by 135, which would mean Max would have a 27% chance of hitting a man standing 1 kilometer away.

In other words, this.

(100 + 25 + 10) * ((2,000m / 1,000m) / 10) = 27%

I still have yet to assign his shotgun a Base Weapon Probability Rating (now known as the BWPR), but I think it will be something low, something that will prevent him from killing things from 50 meters away, depending on the weapon spread of the shotgun. Maybe I'll give it a BWPR of 10, something low. Not only that, I'll also need to set it's maximum effective range, setting the final part of the equation.

After that, everything should run smoothly.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

hm.. sounds interesting and acceptable

good job
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Almost got my massive calculator working...
            ...It's just going to be a pain in the absolute a$$ to get the stat growth thing to work properly.

...I need it to NOT update every time something in the sheet is updated...
            ...but I need the sheet to update still...
            ...If only I could isolate those cells...

@ S1

I talk to myself but I like to think I'm talking to my Eternal Galaxy Characters.
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-15-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Dammit I'm sorry about this, but I'm kind of stuck in EG Phoenix! >-<
              BTW The Nevaaras colony soldiers are kind of disposable. Anyone can use them if they wish.

Comment

@Cucoo and SUSTIC

Welcome back!

Anyways, I'll see what I can do in EG, see if I can post. Maybe I can get the ball rolling again, help it build momentum.
                sigpic

Comment

aye

Let me know if there's something I need to do to make it progress at all.

Anyway
                  I'm poundin my head against a wall trying to figure out how to make a spreadsheet function similar to MATLAB...

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

I do have it doing what I want it to do.
                  my problem is I want it to run once...which it does
                  ...but only once...
                  ...and excel is designed to continually update formulas so I can't do a run once concept.

I'm going to have to do a manual "Pencil and Paper" method for transcribing the stat growth calculator results.

...next...
                  transcribing the Item database.

Kill me
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-15-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

cucoo, im imagining you with a desk full of papers with calculations and related

anyways, how are you people?

Spoiler:

Comment

more like 1 excel workbook, 4 sheets in it, 5 different sites, and my brain

I'm thinking about not transcribing the bloody item database and saying we can just manually manage that later...
                      ...blargh....

Comment

Hai gais.

Am ai niided sumwhear?

Comment

Hey guys, games are done and I was muddy as hell but took a shower and feel nuch better now.
                          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai
                            Welcome back.

@Wonder
                            Hai Wondurr

Aer yu steel onlien?
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

howdy humans, im back from work, the kids somehow spent their time calm, possibly the heat

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

You was in nice heat while I was freezing my butt off up here in my games.
                                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Working...
                                X