X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

I'm doing good. Right now, I'm quickly typing up the summary of Jason's backstory in Shinka Knights, then I'll get to ATWAG.

How about you?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

im unfortnately leaving my apartment to do some tests during this week, so I´ll be gone until saturday afternoon possibly

and I shall go to sleep, will need to be at best state for this, good nightt
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Nighty night.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

AaAaAaAaAa mumble y u down
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
            Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
            I'm adding three selected Pokemon trainer to the RP while letting go of Vi and Jinx since TRXD bailed out.
            You make it sound like I wanted to leave AtWaG... I didn't leave because I wanted to outright leave. I left because of the fact that I running extremely low on ideas and I felt like I could not continue on it anymore.

Why hasn't this been the case for TSU? Well... When you have a world that hasn't been fleshed out like AtWaG's has and you have numerous characters who still have plenty of room to grow, it's very easy to come up with ideas and a storyline. For Trista, I have a great story for her and some very interesting directions to take her (given that Wriggle doesn't mess it up). And it also helps that you aren't constrained by the laws applied by your character's games of origin. With TSU, not only do I have some more freedom with my writing but I can also shape how the story and world-building is done. Heck, I've even done some tiny trollish things like make every window in the Female Dorms (assuming all dorms are identical and are laid-out in a corridor-like fashion) to face west and east. And that was just because I wanted Trista to have the ability to see the moon through her bedroom window. With AtWaG, I couldn't do any world-building or anything to shape the story. And don't defend it by saying that I could. I seriously couldn't. Every step my characters took, I was at the mercy of the other RPers and how they had shaped the world. The only little part I got in shaping the world was that rundown suburban area in Seoul, and Cole and Flandre's room in Prometheus Labs. It's hard to try and direct a story that had already been set in place. Get used to a world that had already been fully formed. It may not be hard for an RPer who was in for most of (if not all of) Season I but it's hard as balls for someone who wasn't or wasn't even able to. Like me. And I wouldn't be surprised if other RPers like Zekai fall into the same problem.

Of course, it was not just the world that I had problem with. I had troubles with using my own characters. Ones that I really like (and love in the case of Flandre). I had trouble with Cole because of his karmic system (of which was eventually implemented) and his overall story in inFamous. Along with the fact that I hadn't played inFamous 2 at the time, which didn't do me any favours in terms of Cole's backstory, I couldn't think of much ways to direct his story other than to let the other RPers decide for me. I had troubles with Flandre because her story was too predictable and she wasn't that fun to RP as. Which is very strange considering how much I love her and how much of a fun character I think she is. It goes to show that being a fun character doesn't always equal being a fun character to RP as. As for the CosmoNOTs, their source material wasn't that good to work with. I had a LOT of blanks when it came to abilities and how they behaved. Mint being the worst to work with. You get a good idea of what they are like in Contact, but it wasn't enough. Nowhere near enough. You could see in the initial fight between Lester, Bull, Mint, and Jinx as to how much I was struggling to come up with something. And in fact, Wriggle ended the fight early because of how crappy I was at directing the fight. Trust me, that fight could have gone in many different directions if I wasn't restraining myself (and also if I ever played League).
            Sure, I could have started a new leaf and brought in different characters to replace the others. I could've started a new story and tried again. And in fact, I had some characters in mind. Including the likes of Dust from Dust: An Elysian Tail (pre-ending), Jak from the Jak and Daxter series, Cain from The Binding of Isaac, and a few others. But I couldn't outright replace any of my current characters because they were already meant to have major ties to the Season II story. Cole and Flandre had ties to ACO Wraith and would eventually have some importance to 'The Season I Party'. The CosmoNOTs were already going to be involved in a couple of Wriggle's stories (as partial punishment for what Katrix and I did). So I couldn't just demolish my pre-existing stories and replace my characters.

Trust me, it was a VERY hard decision to leave AtWaG. It had taken me more than a month to come down to such a decision. And I wouldn't have done it to spite people or out of a desire to leave. Because, seriously, I did not want to leave. I really didn't. This RP has a great concept and even its own set of lore and its own world(s) to it. But I couldn't use those to the greatest of my extents. I really couldn't.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TRXD

I don't think Wriggle was actually trying to attack you by saying that. All he said is that you left.
              sigpic

Comment

@S121
                I know. But I felt like I needed to actually get my word across on why I left AtWaG anyway. After all, I did kind of leave with little to no reason given (mostly because I couldn't find the right words to say).
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD

Okay, that's understandable. I kind of knew the reason why you left, but that was only because we talked about it in Mumble, so anyone that wasn't there might not have known.

Also, what do you want us to do with your characters? Should we leave them in standby in the off-chance you decide to return?
                  sigpic

Comment

@S121
                    Well, Cole and Flandre could be kept within Prometheus Labs somewhere. It could be assumed that, if I don't return within the next few IC days, that Cole will have regained consciousness and is working somewhere in the Labs. If I do return before then, I could just have Cole remain unconscious and then reawaken in his room or somewhere similar only to then continue with what little story I had for him. Flandre herself is a tough one considering what we've established about her. We could have her left alone to do a few things around the Labs but mostly keep to herself. She would either be put in areas of high security or spend a good amount of her time in Cole's room meaning that she never encounters any non-Prometheus characters unless I return.

The CosmoNOTs are already walking time paradoxes so it doesn't matter as to what happens with them. Maybe something random like the power went out during the call between Lester and Jinx and the others kept to their own devices.
                    That or just scrap them entirely because I see no reason for them to continue existing other than to keep Wriggle happy. I doubt I would come up for ideas with them as fast as I could ever come up with ideas for Cole and Flandre.

Comment

@TRXD

Ok, I'll have that happen.

About the training room, what outcome do you think happened there? Did you have anything in mind? It could change the mood for better or worse depending on what happened.
                      sigpic

Comment

@S121
                        I'm not sure at all. For the sake of character development, we could say that Flandre lost but still had fun (like EoSD Extra Stage, assuming you win). Or you can be generous and forgiving and let Flandre win.

Comment

@TRXD

Ok. I'll have it that Flandre wins. After all, what I had in mind was that Alice and Flandre would have fought Hardlight-generated enemies, and would have probably had a Danmaku fight after that. Alice would have lost because this was the first time she played Danmaku. (Alice would have used the Hardlight simulator to mimic Danmaku and allow her the ability to use it.)
                          sigpic

Comment

On another note, they relased a few tracks from the reamke of Binding of Isaac they are making. And the music is amazing.

This is for the Basement.

This is for the Womb Boss Fight.

And this is for Sheol.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Bloody hell... Why am I so addicted to this game? Why?! I never thought I'd ever get addicted to a simple casual puzzle game but I did. If you've ever played Threes then you'll get a good idea of what game I'm playing. 2048... Urgh... It's just so addicting! It's like my new Super Hexagon! I can't stop playing it!

I was playing it last night while everyone in the mumble room was talking about knives. Heck, I was even playing it while SUSTIC was sending me image spam of Flandre. And you tell that something's wrong when I'm too busy to look at Flandre image spam.

I pray for anyone's safety should they become addicted to this.

Comment

2048 is so old. Like, a week old.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X