X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

derp derp derp

Ok I just thought of something and realized another.

Right now the Shattered Ice Flower combat system works....for head on battles.

I don't factor in range.

So I'm thinking of a very simple system that allows this.

Thinking Like an RPG you would have the classic options: Run and Fight. However Run will be a bit different. You can either advance [x number of spaces] or retreat [3 or some other number of spaces]. If you retreat so that there is a y number of spaces you flee the battle completely. Other characters can intervene in a battle via the rescue system which means your character could block an enemy from reaching an ally.

Thoughts?

Does this sound like something that exists already?

Comment

Anyone on?

Comment

I have made a decision.

Due to the inactiveness and other shenanigans, I have decided to close down the Pokemon RP.

In exchange, I am going to be adding a (relatively) short RP with a built-in storyline so that no out-of-the-blue arcs happen simultaneously causing confusion and whatnot.

Details? I haven't decided yet. I don't care whether nobody joins or everybody joins. I just want to fill the void that once was AtWaP.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

@SUS

I'm on and posted in TSU

@Wriggle

I saw a post in it like yesterday but it's up to you to close it or not. BTW, I thought of something that would be cool, a Touhoumon hack of X/Y and I figure that the Last Worlds or the Zs would be the mega evolutions.

@Anyone that would like to help me

Can anyone (for the 3rd time today) please link me to the last post for Yuuka's Mansion in AtWaG so I can post?
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai
            Last post...

uh let me find it for you.

And yeah that would be cool, but as long as some talented genius who happens to like Touhou and Pokemon at the same time decides to make one, it won't happen.

Besides, LW and Zs are OP as F**k, and if they made a newer gen Touhoumon, it'll most likely be 4th gen.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@ Zekai

if you want the last post concerning the party...

somewhere in this list of search results is that.

A lot of it is part of wriggs side arc concerning character development of Annie

EDIT: realized I can't link search results =w=;

Go to IC

Thread Tools > Search Thread > Advanced Search > Keyword: Yuuka's

It goes from first to last, and is only ten pages of results. 10th page has last results

EDIT 2

The reason I'm hesitant to post the last post for it is because it's no longer accurate as most of the characters have moved on. So it would be better if you said he "crashed" the party or something. Like fall in and break a table or w/e.
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-24-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

I'm back and goddammit I feel like complete and total crap.

I feel like no one gives a damn about me or anything I do, that if I just leave the forums everything will remain the same. I guess I'm just having one of THOSE days. Not to mention I don't think Neo will be coming anywhere near me for a while...

I... just... fucking hell...
                Last edited by SUSTIC; 03-25-2014, 12:42 AM.

Comment

@ SUS

It seems to be

here

>Good
                  >stagnation
                  >that feeling when
                  >self-destruct
                  >stagnation
                  >things pick up again
                  >Repeat

relevant? I think relevant.
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-25-2014, 01:00 AM.

Comment

@SUS

We care about you on here so don't think that ok? And maybe you did something to upset Neo by accident. I've done things like that a few times myself. I'm still sick so you're not the only one that feels like crap.
                    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Guys, question.

How do you feel about strategy-based RP?

Not like Cuckoo's RP where strategy is calculated and inelastic, but the strategy where a lot of variables exist and is highly volatile. It'll truly bring out the "thinking" part of the RP that won't be affected by Writer's Block we all seems to be afflicted by.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

so D&D like?

Comment

@Cuckoo
                          Partially.

I'll give an example.

Spoiler:

Example

You and a group of three dudes are trapped in a burning 2-story building. You have this and this materials. One of your dude is injured in the arm, and another one is limping.

How will you get out?

Like dat.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

So yours would be forcing the story to have a system with scenarios where mine only forces the battles.

EDIT: I use the terms "forcing" loosely.

Comment

@Cuckoo
                              Well the thing is, RPer(s) can use the materials given however he/she wants, and depending on that, the outcome changes. So instead of forcing, I'm actually widening the choice options.

The only thing I'll be forcing here is storyline.

and pace
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Right
                                what I meant was that your making the situation to have a specific set of starting constraints and therefore causing people to think of ideas that would solve it, brainstorm, refine, and proceed.

....justengineeringthings.

And my point stands, we would have two sides of the RP coin.
                                Mine: Battles
                                Yours: Story
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-25-2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X