Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

How so? What 4 phase shift?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Tapatalk is acting up a bit for me and just now seeing everything and about SUS. Glad everything is alright now and that's he ok.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

RP General Discussion

@s1
        Shifts in their personality.
        Like how Lotus changes from:
        Student -> Corrupt
        Corrupt -> w/e you want to say she's at during the random passage
        That -> post-battle (w/e it is)

The thing is portraying it enough without it being too extreme in it.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-28-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Hmm...

Well, usually when I'm faced with something like this, I try to imagine the characters if they we're real. How would a real person act if put into this situation?

Also, as I type this, I am packing for the move. No more mold, no more cold.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@ s1

yeah that's sort of the problem... because there's so many "options" to choose from for how they could act.
            ... but the more I think about it, the more I think I've already found the central theme for her personality should be...
            The reason why she turned against her mentor to begin with: Control.
            That concept would then spawn out how she would act...
            She's been struggling with the fact she doesn't feel in control, so that would make her slightly rebellious, quick to snap at people that tell her what to do, possible Tsundere style attitude...

...though now I got Joe and Terrisa... two characters with two different sent of ideologies that parallel each other.
            I think what I need is a sort of central concept to serve as a backbone for their personalities...

Comment

Hey guys... God I feel like crap. I had a music performance assessment today and utterly embarrassed myself, had friends over who were watching supernatural, which would be fine if they and my brother weren't on season three while I'm on season one, so I couldn't hang out with them, I punished my brother unjustly for making me angry, and I just feel like this video for my crush who lives further up north now (not that she sings)

And I really need to wake up. Sometimes, I stow away to talk to my other self, hoping that someone would be behind me listening, but my other self is yelling at me, telling me no one would be there because life isn't some movie, and for whatever reason, I deny it until I look behind me and realize I'm all alone. I'm just... I just need to get away from it all.

And sometimes, I fear that the only thing keeping me from killing myself is that I have someone to live for. And if she doesn't like me? I am terrified at the thought that I will either kill myself or worse, hurt others! Now my temper is getting shorter and I'm getting this uneasing feeling of dread following me around. But the worst part is that no one is helping. "Oh, it's just a teenager phase, you'll get over it," well what the hell do you understand?! When was the last teenager whose stress levels got so high his imaginary friend from god knows how many years ago mutated into an alternate life form?!

No one is helping. Not even my closest friend. My brother is making it worse. I feel like I signed a pact with the devil. If I lose and my crush doesn't like me, he gets my body. I just... God I need a drink (of tea).

What am I doing, what do I fear? That my friends will all leave me behind? Because that's just what's happening, all my friends are moving on and I'm still freaking here, wishing I hadn't made the mistakes I made for so long and I've still no freedom! I lost my freedom to keep my grades up and my parents and friends satisfied, and now it's gotten so bad I'm beginning to question if love is hindering me! I mean, what kind of a life is that, thinking that love is holding you back instead of pushing you forward?!

And do you know what I fear the absolute most? Is that this post will end up like all of my others. May as well have never been put up because no one really cares. Call it a guilt inducer to get you to listen to my problems, I don't care anymore! I'm going to invest myself in Lucid dreaming. I'm going to create a world of my own creation, what I want. My freedom. The freedom to do what I want for a change. I held back because I feared a self-induced coma, but now I don't even freaking care anymore! I'm still alive and then maybe someone will bring to light that hey, something's f*cking wrong with this kid and have me FIXED. Then I'll know that they actually give a damn.

I'm sorry for pulling this out on you guys, but you're the only ones I can tell this about. If I try to do this with anyone else in the real world, oh god, the excuses... The fake and generic exposition is too much to bear just thinking of it. UGH. I'm not sure if I even want to see my psychiatrist this Friday anymore. Please... Just say something. It may be pathetic to ask for feedback, but does that even apply to a man whose problems get ignored?!

Comment

Ok Wonder... I have to ask:

What will make you feel accomplished? What will give your life worth? What is your "Endgame?"

Like for me, I want to publish EG, make it a game, get rich from engineering thinfs, and when I die I'll have my fortune go towards some sort of research/development program.

If I don't complete those things, then I will feel like I wasted my time alive.

Do you have anything like that where death is not an option? Where you have to be alive in order to accomplish that goal?
                Because right now it sounds like death is an option, which tells me you have no true goal that you will have to fight for.
                The love of another is not what I consider a true life goal. That's bonus material. Frosting on the cake of life. It's optional.
                You need something only you can accomplish, something that if you die before it's completed, then you failed yourself.

For instance, that's what I made EG into. If I die before it's finished, then I failed life. I will refuse to die before it's finished.

Comment

What I can tell you is that love sometimes becomes a hindrance rather than an aid depending on the situation, when you are busy with something that takes absolutely everything of your mind/time and body, other things become secondary, my gf had something like that with a semester project, she isolated herself from social life for 2 months and only focused on her work. About your crush rejecting you, you have to know that it is a possibility, it is a gamble that can have either good or bad handicaps, but you have to face it whether it ends up good or bad, it isn´t the end of the world, there are billions of people on the planet, so the dating zone isn´t that limited

Now for the embarrassment, we all have done embarrassing things and have been thrown to the hole of shame, but that is normal because we are humans, for the imaginary friend, I can tell you from the perspective of a traumatized person that alter egos can be comprehended if you listen to them, I´m not saying to allow them to take control, but to have a talk, learn what they know and see how you can help them too.

One thing is sure, do NOT bottle your emotions, let them out and express yourself, if you are sad, be sad, if you are angry, be angry, don´t hold the emotions because they will become a pressurized bomb that will explode with too much pressure, you got us here in the forum and can talk to us Wonder, you are not alone
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Oh another thing

Wonder
                    if you ever feel embarrassed about something remember this:
                    I did karaoke once.
                    Once.

Never again.

Ever.

Comment

@Wonder

I'll be honest, you aren't the only one to feel this.

For the longest time, I felt the same way with all the problems I had. For example, I had ADHD, a severe case of Social Anxiety Disorder, struggled with depression, and would have these really twisted nightmares and hallucinations (vivid ones where I could even smell the "things").

What Cucoo says is the truth. In this world, things can truly be complicated and can make you feel lost. It's like being on a lone dirt road with fencing on both sides of it while a heavy fog obscures everything in front of you. You know that life will go on, but to what end? Is it a one-way road? Is there no way to deviate from the path and lay your own tracks, pave your own road? Much like the fog, we cannot see into the future, and the only way to connect the dots is by looking back. You have to trust in something, find a why, find something that drives you. For me, it's just to find happiness. How do I achieve that? By trying to help others and trying to open myself up to the world. What do you want out Of life? Who do you want to be? What will make you happy?

I know that in this time you may feel that the world is tearing away at you and at your identity, but by finding strength within yourself and with the company of friends, you can weather the storm. I fully believe that you can. After all, you've gotten this far, haven't you? What's a little further going to hurt, especially when you have us to urge you further? Find what makes you happy, find what drives you, and once you do, pave your own road towards that endgame. Fog be damned.

Just know that no matter how much it hurts, or how far you think you've fallen, you will always have people here that care about you for the person you are, not the RPer, but the person. You are not alone.

As for love, will it make you happy? I suppose that we need to ask ourselves this, "What aspect of love is it that you desire?" More specifically, what do you feel it will give you?
                      Last edited by S121; 03-01-2015, 03:32 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks you guys. This really means more to me than you think. What do I live for? Three things: to love, to make my love happy, and to do something to contribute to the human species. That's what I live for. I want to play and create music to relieve people of their stress. Write stories to inspire thought.

Thanks again. Now, this doesn't mean I'll postpone the Lucid Dream project. This time, though, it's for research.

Comment

I´m glad we could be of help Wonder ^^

so how is everyone tonight?
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

...Hello. This is my first time making a post in the RP General Discussion thread. Some of you already know me, some of you don't. SuperTouhou64's the name, and being a gamer of...intermediate levels, I never really beaten many games. Only one I've beaten was Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

...A-Anyways...

I may not know how to RP, nor have I ever Role Played in my life... But I hope to join you guys in All the World's a Game. Hopefully. (I still have yet to create an app...)

Comment

Hello there Super

first of all, Thousand-year Door is an awesome game

I hope you have a lot of fun with us in the forum, I suggest you to read ATWAG season I just for the laughs of our randomness XD, but I´m sure you will enjoy Roleplaying with one of your favorite characters^^

Spoiler:

Comment

mmmm...note to self, re-read EGP so I can keep a bunch of concepts fresh in my mind.
                                Should revisit bioroids like the "Lost Princess" and use MIMI as a more current example.
                                Need to explore a possible connection between Bioroids and Arcains... As well as the effect of Nihiliod infection on Bioroids.
                                ...Also need to figure out how Bioroids store their conscious mind a bit more as I need to solidify that in order to figure out how to "Save MIMI" as I had started to write about in my last passage in EGP.

Anyway
                                SuperTouhou, good to see you finally posting in RPG. You can use this as a primary means of communications when others aren't on.

Comment

Working...
                                X