Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wriggle

I'll wait.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh man I am tired *^*
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Do you want to keep going, or sleep?
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Putting some more change in the meter.
          My little canon of the touhous go off of their powers with most things.

For instance
          Yuuka is a force o' nature so she's strong because of that
          Oni are oni. That's why they're strong

Now Yukari...
          She has boundaries.
          Based off of what S121 was mentioning
          She could be physically weak (dainty and all that) one second then however strong she wants to be the next.
          I mean, she can already gap trains, why would she want to be physically strong all the time when her abilities do all the heavy lifting.

So...with that concept, the children could vary their strength.

Comment

Goodmorning everyone.

@Cucoo

True.

As for my two cents, I've always thought that for standard, non-categorized Youkai, their strength depends on their age/overall power. Because of the fact that Youkai become more powerful as they age, everything about them would increase. All Youkai are are basically spirits, and the stronger their spirit becomes, the stronger they become. It could be by gathering up fear/belief, aging, or by the power of the concept under their control.

For instance, boundaries and nature are fundamental aspects of reality, fundamental aspects of reality and ideas themselves, both concepts, and as such, they are more powerful, while Mamizou has the ability to disguise herself. She is not really a conceptual Youkai, so she would naturally be weaker.

So as a summary, my ideas on Youkai strength is similar to Cucoo's idea on a Youkai's physical strength, but it's a little more complicated and takes things a few steps further.
            Last edited by S121; 12-21-2013, 11:01 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

aye

ok I have a chance to update things before 2 PM EST

so I'ma type up w/e I can right now...

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok.

As for Takoizu's app, it's almost done. I'll have it finished within the hour.
                sigpic

Comment

alright

I'm going to focus right now on EG

When I post, be ready to continue on because I want to get it to a point where even John gets killed.

Would forcing John into Armor Lock and then waiting for right when he comes out of it be a chance to kill him?

Because I want to have Anankerisa come in singing this
                  "Tick-Tock
                  Goes the Clock.
                  The Spartan comes out
                  of Armor Lock.
                  "

And then Revere comes through the debris and uses his sabre to decapitate John.

It's supposed to be a nightmare scenario now (hence the anomaly that happened)

Comment

Well, I already taked about this with S1 in the mumble, but I take Rumia as an average sort of strength for youkai. Considering her diet, I wouldn't be surprised if she could rip someone apart with her bare hands. But, I don't think she would be able to, let's say, lift a car. Now, I ain't good with math, not in the least, so I ain't going to bring all those fancy numbers into it. For balancing purposes, I would only make her only strong enough to maybe lift a car, if she put her back into it. Having her any stronger would probably make her better than both of them. I would say at least keep it to the level where it's still possible for someone like John to defeat her. For balancing purposes, of course, if I just didn't care about the well being of everyone's characters, everyone except maybe people like the Auditor, the Higher Power, or some other various gods, they'd be screwed.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Hello everybody, I've decided to hold off my anime marathon today because I needed to get some work done and my brother is returning home today. (>_<)

Oh boy, did I miss out on some favourite character discussion. I had passed out and went to sleep around the time that Katrix had replied so I wasn't able to say a thing.
                      But, for those who are still curious, here are my 10 favourite Touhou characters:
                      1. Reimu (my true favourite)
                      2. Flandre (my original favourite)
                      3. Remilia
                      4. Patchouli
                      5. Ran
                      6. Aya
                      7. Utsuho
                      8. Eirin
                      9. Cirno
                      10. Suika

The top 4 are consistent and permanent but the other 6 tend to be not so consistent.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Cucoo

I would imagine that he would get overwhelmed and die, but realistically, it would take a while to kill him. I think only Anankerisa would be fast enough to kill him.

The reason I'm saying this is because Spartan-IIIs are said to be able to effortlessly dodge Energy Sword swipes from Elites, and their reflexes are only multiplied by 3 (they wear SPI armor, hence why their reaction time isn't 15x). A Spartan-II not only has a 15x reaction time out of armor, but inside of it, their reaction time shoots up to 75x. I'm not going to factor Spartan Time into the "equation" because there is not a definitive number for it, and is only said to dramatically increase their reaction time above 75x. The situation would have to be so bad, that it also overpowers his uncanny luck.

What I'm getting at is that for John's a sword swipe would be like a sword moving at a slug's pace for a human. I'm only trying to approach this realistically without him having a bout of stupidity or one of those easily preventable deaths.

He's going to die because there is simply no other way, not because of a severe lapse of intelligence or ability. There's a reason he got this far without dying yet.

The situation would have to be so bad, that the only option is death. I'm talking about having an absolute 0% chance that he will survive, to fully negate his luck.

What are your thoughts? Is this okay with you?

Also, did John die in the future of ATWAG, or did Yukari die too?

@Mima

Welcome back!

Actually, I made it so that she could be harmed by mortal weapons and means of damage, and a magic weapon could easily dispose of her afterward. If a person has wards and charms, they can weaken her simply by placing the items near her. She's really powerful, but can be easily killed.

She's a glass cannon.

@TRXD

Welcome back!
                        Last edited by S121; 12-21-2013, 12:07 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good day(evening?) every one. The clock is 5 PM, hut it's the darkest day of years so when I look out the window I think it's something around 9 PM

@TRXD

My favorites are

The first 3 are kind of fluid and may move around a bit

1. Flandre
                          2. Kogasa
                          3. Tenshi
                          4. Koishi
                          5. Keine
                          6. Mokou
                          7. Kagerou
                          8. Okuu
                          9. Seija
                          10. Satori (yes, that far down)
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix
                            Damn it! I forgot Tenshi and I really like her... (T_T)
                            Yeah, it's really dark over here. It's only 4pm and it's very quickly getting dark. I might take what time I have left to quickly go to the nearest convenience store and buy some chocolate and cola. So I'll be back in a bit.
                            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@ S121

Aye, but would he be vulnerable if the swing connected the instant he comes out of Armor Lock?
                              What I had in mind is that Revere would shoot out a tracking dart at the ground where John would be and then the orbiting cruiser would fire on that location. If John didn't realize what the dart was until it was too late, wouldn't he activate Armor lock (which prevents him from moving, correct?) And it has a time duration, correct? so If Revere timed it just right, he could do what I first mentioned, correct?
                              Anankerisa would just be an illusion.

And It's up to you. But we're implying something bad happened to both of them. Not specific.

Comment

@Cucoo

That wouldn't quite work as you intend. John is able to prematurely take himself out of Armorlock, which means that he would be able to remove Revere's advantage.

I think I might have an interesting idea, one that will push the limits of the armor, and also allow us to fully explore the negative effects of Aura overloading. If John had his old MJOLNIR armor, he would have no chance against a second airstrike, but with the AETHER's overdrive, he could instantaneously regenerate his shields. What if they managed to overload his armor's core? Sure, it would take a good barrage of heavy weapon's fire, but it would work. It would also allow us to fully explore what exactly happens when one of these cores overloads, and the cost of such a desperate move to the wearer. Would it crystallize the wearer, blow up like a bomb, or both?

The whole Overdrive subject has been talked about, but never actually explored. Much of it is just us talking about it, but it's still kind of cloudy as to what happens. It would be a chance to solidify the concept, as well as a way to find a sort of cap for the reactor's limits.

What are your thoughts? Was the decapitation central to the plot? Was the Armorlock central to the plot? If so, then I'll adapt my ideas to it and give you the result.

Also, what do you mean by something bad happening to both of them? Who's the second person we're talking about? Do you mean Aion?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X