X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eientei - Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Gensokyo

"Follow me." Reisen said, reclining into the hypnotic hallways of Eientei.

"Who is she?" Annie asked John. "Her eyes... Is it just me that's feeling queasy and crazy inside?"
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Eientei - Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Gensokyo | Dusk

As John followed Reisen through the surreal hallways of Eintei, Annie spoke up and asked John a question.

"Nope. That's Reisen. She's capable of driving people to madness, simply by having people look into her eyes. If you're not careful and stare for too long, you'll begin to see things that aren't there, and will slowly lose your mind.", John calmly explained to Annie as they continued to walk.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Eientei - Bamboo Forest of the Lost

The hallway looked like what seemed like an eternity's worth of walking, but in reality the walk only lasted for 2 minutes at most. Beyond the door Reisen stood in front of was Eirin's personal library.

"You have a visitor." Reisen said to the guest beyond the door.

"Send them in." A low voice boomed like a bass. Reisen jerked her thumb to denote that John and Annie are clear to enter.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Treasure Vault

"Well, Phearium's a substance usually found in the Underworld. A mere whiff of the stuff can send somebody into a panic, hence the phear in the name. Can make some nice biological weapons out of that stuff.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Digital World

Managing to enter through a computer via using the strange device, Mara floated through the fox´s hoomeworld "So this is her home? looks pretty similar too ours.. aside from all that data stuff in the sky, I think I would get insane just by looking at it"

"Many around here happe to feel like that" an male voice spoke behind her

The frosslass quickly spun around and prepared for a battle with ice coming from her arms, but saw what looked like an armored knight with a huge shield and lance

Mara looked at the knight and said "I would guess you are the fox´s friend, aren´t you Guilmon?" she looked at the knight and was thinking of the red dinosaur that Renamon talked about in one of her stories during the tamers adventures

The knight laughed at what she said "It´s been a while since someone called me by my child´s name, but yes Im a friend of Renamon, we had some great fights in the human world and here, the name´s Gallantmon" the knight spoke feeling happy, but then became serious "But I guess you didn´t came here just to say hi, knowing her, Rena must be thinking that something big is coming"

"Unfortunately you are right, there is a dangerous threat preparing to comeback if she manages to get into the world of the living, the fox is serious about this" Mara explained but saw that Gallantmon fidgeted

"If she is serious, then what could.. no, we evaporated that creature, there is no way that the D-reaper is alive" Gallantmon spoke with both fear and confuse.

The frosslas sighed and continued "As I said earlier, that creature is still with the ghosts, so I was sent here to warn your people, actually I need to speak with a blue dragon, but his name is still hazy to remember"

You must be speaking of Qinglongmon, he doesn´t help us mortals unless something is serious, but this is beyond that" The knight said preparing to run "Let´s go" he said as they sped their way towards the dragon´s location
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Eientei - Bamboo Forest of the Lost

After being let into Eirin's personal library, John calmly walked in and readied himself for anything that might be thrown at him. John knew that this would be a diplomatic task, but he very rarely dealt with matters like these. Of course, he did speak with clarity and sound logic, so perhaps that would get him through, along with a little bit of luck.

Treasure Vault

As The Higher Power explained what the Phearium Vial was capable of, Takoizu slowly formed a smile as she stared at the possible bio-weapon in her hand.

"Interesting...", Tskoizu said as she looked at the vial and thought of all the possible scenarios it could come in handy.

Without hesitation, Takoizu placed the vial into her storage compartment and stood back up.

"How many boxes are there?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power.
              Last edited by S121; 02-28-2014, 01:51 AM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Treasure Vault

HP put a hand on Takoizu's shoulder and led her around the corner. All of the floating hallways were filled with boxes.

"A lot." HP said.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Within the library were small bookshelves stuffed with medical notes, novels of past times, and other miscellaneous books. This, of course, was only an insignificant fraction of the vast mind that Eirin has... but there were still a lot to information to absorb.

At the far side of it all, a man... no, a jackal... was reading a book. He was a brown, anthromorphic jackal adorned with beautiful armor of Egyptian fashion. To the wall next to him leaned a jade-colored polearm that seemed to breathe with the jackal-man. His ears twitched as he heard the door open, and looked up with his blue, piercing eyes.

"May I.... help you with anything?" The jackal said leisurely... as if he had all the time in the world to utter his words. His voice was husky, and seemingly touched on the listener's very soul.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

John was a little surprised to see a jackal-humanoid instead of a human, but it didn't bother him. As for how Nasus spoke, John noticed a sort of calming feeling to his voice, as if Nasus's voice had an effect on his soul. It was clear that Nasus had a certain charisma about him in the way he talked. This showed John that Nasus was either an Ambassador, Diplomat, or had some other diplomatic role within his organization.

"Yes. I'm here to talk with you about Annie's fate.", John calmly said to Nasus.

Treasure Vault

Takoizu simply looked at all the boxes and quickly calculated how many boxes there were in the room. First, she calculated the size of each box, then the size of the room. After that, Takozu calculated the volume of the boxes themselves, and after she knew how much room all the boxes took up, she then divided that space by the size of one box, eventually coming up with her answer.

"There are 7,653 boxes... Do you think we should leave, or keep searching?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power.
                    Last edited by S121; 02-28-2014, 01:51 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Treasure Vault

"You could just smash all the boxes, take anything that looks interesting, and then once we get out of here, we can sort it all.

Comment

Treasure Vault

"I might have a better idea...", Takoizu said as she stared at the boxes as she crossed her arms and slightly tilted her head to the side.

Just then, Takoizu focused on all the boxes and altered the boundary of big and small, shrinking them all until they were the size of tiny pebbles. After that, Takoizu altered the boundary of heavy and light, making them light enough to carry without hindering her movement. To ensure that she wouldn't damage the boxes, Takoizu then altered the boundary of indestructible and fragile. Now that all the preparations were made, Takoizu simply walked over to the pile of neatly stacked pebble-boxes and began to grab them by the handful, stuffing them all into her armor's storage compartment. It took a good ten minutes, but after all the boxes were safely tucked away in her armor, Takoizu closed her armor's storage compartment and walked back over to The Higher Power.

"Okay, we can go now.", Takoizu calmly said to The Higher Power.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Annie... Hastur?" Nasus rose from his chair as Annie revealed herself. It seemed that Nasus' body muscle relaxed a bit as he saw that it was indeed Annie Hastur.

"Nasus." Annie addressed the jackal-man.

"Everybody is waiting for you, Annie. Let's go." Nasus requested.

"To get executed? No." Annie defiantly denied, forgetting John's request to stay quiet.

"Death is a harsh mistress." Nasus beckoned. "One must accept the end of fate and start anew in another life."

"Not if the said death is in misery and shame." Annie crossed her arms. "Say what you will but I'm not going anywhere."

"Do NOT try my patience." Nasus growled, the first time he has shown any sort of anger here... And perhaps the first time since Annie met him when she was 8. "What else will you do? Wander out like a fugitive? Soon, the Institute will send a harsher messenger... Someone who will not accept the hospitality of the locals and slay them all. If you value the locals' lives... Come with me... Peacefully."
                          Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-28-2014, 03:27 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Eientei - Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Gensokyo | Dusk

"Both of you, stop it now.", John said in a calm, yet very serious tone.

Despite the fact that John did not raise his voice, he still sounded incredibly serious, due to the harsh, gravely sound of his voice. Thanks to his years beinf in the UNSC, he learned to be clear and deliberate with his words. Perhaps this would get both of their attention and would clearly convey John's message to Nasus.

"Nasus, with all due respect, I am not here to hand Annie over. I am here to convince you not to take her. From what I've heard, she acted without being commanded to and is to be put through Repentance, a process that is used to test a person's innocence, but can cause severe brain damage. Am I correct?", John said, keeping his calm, yet serious, formal demeanor.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Yes. It is a customary test for Champions that have broken the contract and acted on his or her own thoughts and deeds. And only the weak-minded fools will be sustained with grave brain damage." Nasus grimly responded. "You look like a soldier... You must already know what happens when you do not put duty first and act out of line. Annie has done the same thing, and therefore must go through this. There are no alternatives."
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

"You are correct...", John calmly said.

"When I was six, I was drafted to become a SPARTAN-II, the ultimate soldier of my time. What that entails is almost inhumane conditioning, training, and fighting. We were taught to kill, but we were also taught right from wrong. I have served the UNSC for 40 years, so it is clear that I am experienced not only in war, but have also followed countless orders. I would serve the UNSC and humanity until the end of my days and would give my life if it meant that those I protect could live. Of course, through all that, I still know when protocol must be bypassed and when direct orders must be disobeyed. That is why I say that there are other alternatives. What I propose is that we follow through Repentance, only by our terms. We have people here that can look into one's morals without the risk of damaging the person. Of course, she will remain here and will not return to your world, but you will get your Repentance... From what I've been told, Annie did what she did because she is tired of being a champion. She feels as if she's nothing but a slave and wants out. Is there a way out?", John calmly asked Nasus.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X