X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banished Library - Gensokyo

After a few minutes of walking through the swampy sewers, Phio stopped the group with a halt, a hush, and a finger to his lips. He held his other hand out in front of the person right behind him: John, as he snuck around the ledges and looked down.

If one looked down, you would see a large sea of green, slimy liquid. The fluidity of the liquid was like molasses: flowing about slowly through the nooks and crannies of the sewers. The sewer itself was nothing special: lit with bewitching green lanterns that ran off of the potent energy crystal affixed to the walls. Littered in the green goo were bones of the fellow mousefolks of Phio.

"There it is." Phio pointed at the ever-expanding green sea. "The strongest monster of this floor."

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

It took a good 30 minutes of hike down the mountain to reach a small cave entrance to where Kappa Village was. Through the cave, river flowed across the center, creating erosion tunnel that created a large crevice where the Village was built. The village itself was a lot more modern than any other villages in Gensokyo, although to Otori from the future they looked primitive: buildings resembling steampunk era, with gears and cogs and steam machines belching smoke onto the ceiling, which served to form the stalactites. The Kappas also had a well-built water transportation system: one that far outpaced that of Venice.

"Here we are." Aya nodded to the gatekeeper Kappa, who bowed to the Daitengu. Aya's role as a Daitengu granted her respect from the Kappas and other mountain Youkais as well, it seemed. "Come on, let's go find Nitori. Knowing her, she's probably stuck inside her little hole building some sort of mechanized Frankenstein."
    Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 01-08-2014, 10:34 PM.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

John looked at the strange, viscous mass of green and back to Phio. John needed as much intel as he could get on this creature, so he bent down to Phio got close to his ear, and carefully whispered to the mouseman.

"Do you know any of its weaknesses?", John asked Phio in a barely audible whisper.

Forest of Magic - Gensokyo | Day

As soon as the knife whistled through the air, Takoizu turned her upper body towards Jack. Thanks to her incredible reflexes, Takoizu was able to and grab Jack's wrist and stop the attack. As soon as the attack was stopped, Takoizu tightened her grip, quickly snapped her upper body back to its original position, and threw Jack 40 feet away and into a nearby tree.

"I believe my senses are honed enough, wouldn't you say?", Takoizu said to Jack in the same playful, yet sadistic tone as before.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

"No..." Phio denied, his head shaking. "Every single mouse sent to expedite on this monster died... you can see their bones inside that thing, right?"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Sakuyamon took a deep look at the place "Foe what I see, the creature eats flesh and organic objects leaving stuff like the bones like nothing" she spoke and looked at the spartan

"If you were to fall there, maybe your suit would protect you for some time"
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Hmmm...is it the sludge we see?" Shulk asked. "If so...then it would be composed of volatile materials..."
            He pulled out a small yellow gem. "Blaze effect might be effective..."

Comment

Forest of Magic

"I would've been saddened if you took that attack. But be prepared."

He then started appearing from random sides, smacking her armor, then backing out and appearing from a different side.

"Monsoon Style: stealth attack!"

Comment

John was a little disappointed that there was no intel on this creature, but based on the bones around the area, it seemed that the creature was acidic. As long as John's armor kept its energy shield, he should be fine against the monster. As for what this creature was, it seemed to be made of some kind of gel. If that was the case, then it might have been weak to fire and heat based attacks. It was a very large, amorphous creature, but the searing heat of John's Light magic would make short work of it.

Based on what Shulk said, he had a similar idea.

"Exactly my thoughts. Gel loses stability when exposed to large amounts of heat. If that isn't enough to kill the creature, I'll cover you and finish it off with something stronger.", John whispered to Shulk.

"If you were to fall there, maybe your suit would protect you for some time.", Renamon said to John.

John then moved over to Renamon and quietly spoke.

"That's what I'm counting on. The acid won't be able to affect my shields, so I have an advantage. My armor should take a while to dissolve too.", John quietly said to Renamon.

After talking with Shulk and Renamon, John then began to whisper to Phio.

"Do you want us to kill it?", John asked Phio, wanting confirmation before attacking the large monster.

Forest of Magic - Gensokyo | Day

As the attacks struck the armor, something strange began to happen. The more Jack hit it, the more ineffective his strikes became. After a couple seconds of getting attacked, Takoizu raised her hands up and all of a sudden, turquoise streams of Danmaku bullets began to erupt from her hands, making her a fountain of dangerous Danmaku. There was a chance that Jack might dodge her rain of Danmaku, but at the very least, it would greatly slow him down and allow Takoizu to attack.
                Last edited by S121; 01-08-2014, 11:58 PM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

"I... If you can... sure." Phio gulped and drew his crossbow marked with three deadly poison bolts. "I'll help as much as I can."

"Right. So we want to use fire." Annie smiled. Controlled flames crackled around her. "Good thing that pyrokinesis is my specialty."
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

John nodded at Phio, then looked over to Annie.

"Yep. Go all out on him.", John quietly said to Annie.

After a couple of seconds, John quietly spoke to the entire group.

"When I jump down there, I'm going to create a sheet of Light to protect you guys from attack. Your attacks will pass through, but the slime won't be able to without getting incinerated.", John said.

And with that, John created orbs of light in each of his hands and jumped down into the slime, firing blasts of searing light at the green mass. As soon as John hit the slime, a large sheet of bluish-white light covered up the hole, protecting the group from any chance of the slime retaliating.
                    sigpic

Comment

Before John jumped, Shulk nodded and drew his sword, which then glowed with energy, arcing from it.
                      As John descended, a smooth aura surrounded Shulk. "Monado...lend us your power!" He then addressed the others and John, "Should anything happen, we'll be ready!"
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-09-2014, 12:44 AM.

Comment

"Ashes, ashes, they all fall down." Annie wickedly chuckled, hopping down with John as she began tapping into her pool of arcane power. Flames ablaze danced around her as she fired a huge fireball towards the green goo, crackling through the air as the fireball incinerated even the molecules of air that it passed through.

"Let's see... how to attack a giant slime monster from a safe spot..." Patchouli stood far from the slime, channeling her near infinite power from the Philosopher's Stone. From her magic tome, flames... not of arcane but of radiation, swirled around and set the slime ablaze. Sun Sign - Swirling Corona.

The slimy floor began to lurch in pain as it slid off of John's Light... surfboard. The slime's true form was... gruesome to look at. In its' near PH0 body were bits and pieces of bones, disintegrated by the super acid. The monster had two little appendages that could be best described as arms, and a maw-like hole with jagged rocks that could be considered as... a mouth? Not only was it huge, covering the entire tunnel's width with its' size, but it was also pungent, forcing Annie to cough and gag and Patchouli to set up a defensive ward that cleared the air around her and, eventually, the entire team.

sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Seeing that they had offensive disadvantage, both Sakuyamon and Nera deecided for defence

"Everyone be ready for some buffs" the priestess said charging her gohei and sent energy to everyone who was going for the attacks. The energy was pure and could be used for practically anything that the user would like to either intellectual, magical, or physical

The lucario on the other hand went for her speed and evasive skills "IŽll deal with anything that may come from behind you" she said forming her bone staff and slicing whatever creatur or form that formed from the monsterŽs fluids
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

As soon as John caught sight of the creature's form, he quickly thought up of the best area to hit the monster. considering that they needed to cook the creature from the inside out, as cover as much surface area as possible, John quickly decided that the best place to strike would be straight into the slime-fiend's mouth. After hitting solid ground, John fired two lasers at the creature, aimed straight down the monster's gullet.
                            Last edited by S121; 01-09-2014, 01:18 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

The lasers from John was quickly matched with acidic goo drops that was fired out of The Slime's body, reflecting the laser just enough to miss the target and hit the walls. Annie and Patchouli's fiery magic did not work as well as intended too, with thick insulation of carbon coating.

The Slime retaliated. From its' body, jets of water and poison started banging at John's defenses. Sure, the Light shield protected the team, but it was starting to wear out.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

"That's not good..." Shulk took one step back from the shield. "We need to find a way to distract it. Maybe..." Shulk then began looking about the upper portions of the chamber above it. "Is there something above?"

Comment

Working...
                                X