X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forest of Magic - Gensokyo | Day

This entire time, Takoizu had counted how long the knives were up in the air, ever since Jack threw them. By her calculations, the bowie knives had been suspended in the air for 1 minute, 6 seconds, 387 milliseconds, and 184 microseconds at this very point in time. There was no doubt that the blades were going at terminal velocity by now, and if her calculations of Jack's jumping strength were accurate, then they should be landing right about...

"Now...", Takoizu whispered to herself.

Just as the Bowie Knives hit, they clattered as they bounced off Takoizu's armor. She didn't mind the knives. All she was waiting for was for Jack to finally get lucky and shoot her in the head. Of course, it wouldn't be a very convincing fight if she did nothing while in the air. Reacting quickly, Takoizu opened up a gap below herself and fell into it before the single bullet in Jack's guns could strike her. All of a sudden, Takoizu emerged from a gap behind Jack, and swung her fist forward with enough force that if Jack got hit, it would decapitate him with ease.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Forest of Magic

Even though Jack's reaction speed wasn't as fast as Takoizu's, he saw this coming. He ducked and slipped between Takoizu's legs. He got up and kicked the inside of Takoizu's leg, hit the back of her neck with a knife in hand, and watched as a bowie knife landed straight on her head, piercing her skin. Not quite her skull, but deeply into her skin.

Jack stood silent. Waiting for the next attack.

Kappa Village

Otori stood at the entrance.

"Thank you, Aya. You really helped out. As a token of my thanks..."

He took out a camera.

"Technology like no other. Unbelievable resolution, stores up to 10,000,000 pictures and 10,000 videos, zero blur no matter how fast you move, and you can take picture after picture instantly. Also has built in wi-fi. Aya... Knock yourself out. You only have so much time to do so before they notice you're gone."
      Last edited by wonderweiss; 01-09-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

The Bowie Knife bounced as it hit Takoizu's skull, causing it to hop back out of the newly formed wound. While that happened, Takoizu felt Jack trying to decapitate her with a knife, but the blade only pierced the skin, stopping at the bone and coming back out. Blood spurted out of both wounds, and the wounds seemed to be serious ones, but Takoizu simply gritted her teeth and resisted the pain. She was really hoping that Jack wouldn't drag this fight out to a couple more minutes. She was expecting him to be a more efficient killer, but so far it seemed that he favored theatrics over practicality. He was not as efficient a soldier as she originally thought he was. She was expecting a minute long battle, but it had already been 1 minute, 34 seconds, 483 milliseconds, and 327 microseconds. Either way, she would be killed sooner or later, preferably sooner. So far, Jack was dominating the fight. If Takoizu wanted to make this battle believable, she would need to fight a little bit harder. She thought she wasn't putting up enough of a fight, so she decided to turn it up a notch.

All of a sudden, a gap opened up right beside Jack and a bus came racing out, hitting him and sending him into a nearby tree. As soon as that happened, Takoizu stood back up and decided to go on the offensive. Right after Jack hit the tree, Takoizu opened up a gap and pulled out what appeared to be an assault rifle with a chainsaw attached to it.

As soon as the gun came into contact with her hands, Takoizu raised the gun above her head and revved up the chainsaw, eliciting a terror inspiring roar of bloodlust and pure aggression.

*BRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNRRRRRRRRRRNNNN*

And with that, Takoizu sprinted at Jack, swinging the chainsaw towards his neck as the distance between them shrank to nothing.
        Last edited by S121; 01-09-2014, 11:10 PM.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"Woo-hoo!" The goo man bounced back to his feet, surprising John. The man stood a little smaller than John in a suit, with a small purple tip on his hair-appendage. He had a sinister face, but an amiable attitude. "Thanks buddy! I owe you one!"

"Wait... You are..." Phio shuddered in joy. "Zazz!"

"Nice to meet you again, Phio. It's been 10 years, huh?"

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

"Ohoho man." Aya's eyes glistened at the all new camera. "I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. Thankd Otori, and good luck!"

Aya took off towards the Hakurei Shrine, leaving Otori to Kappa Village.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

John was confused by the sudden situation before him. One minute, they are fighting a large slime, and in the next, the slime man greets Phio as one would with a close friend.

"You two know each other?", John calmly asked Phio.
            sigpic

Comment

Forest of Magic

Jack was confused at this strange weapon. But he put that aside and jumped above the saw.

"Gene Style: Bowie Knife Onslaught!"

While in the air, he rapidly threw Bowie Knives at Takoizu, mainly her head.

Kappa Village

"... Hmph. A crazy girl... Too bad this is the last time I see her along with everyone else... I just hope I can get to Takoizu before it's too late."

He headed inside the village, watching all the kappa. He stopped to talk to one of them.

"Uh, excuse me, do you know where Nitori is?"

Comment

Takoizu easily saw the knives as they sped towards her face. Reacting within a near instant, Takoizu positioned the chainsaw between the bowie knives and her face, deflecting them away from her one weak spot. As soon as the knives ceased, Takoizu jumped into the air after Jack and performed a vertical slash in the air, aimed straight for the top of Jack's skull.
                sigpic

Comment

"Know each other?" Phio chuckled. "Zazz was the mousefolks' hero! When we were all starving, he brought us up to our feet and led us into this sewers to live and prosper! And every year he would visit us to give us food and supplies from the magical city above."

"I was caught by that Slime fellow and was eaten up 10 years ago. Good thing that I am completely immune to its' acid." Zazz chuckled, then looked down to his body and found out that his size isn't where it is supposed to be. "Oh, let me refuel my body up."

He fixed himself up with mad mitosis to reach the height twice as tall as John.

"Much better."
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

John simply raised an eyebrow at the sudden increase in size. The slime man, Zazz, was now about as tall as a Mgalekgolo hunter.

"I've heard a lot of people talk about this magic city. What is this magical city like?", John asked in a curious tone.

Prometheus Labs - London | Night

All seemed quiet in the Labs. Spartans were returning from missions, eating, messing around, the usual things. Of course, it was simply the calm before the storm...

"Spartans returning from mission. One casualty confirmed.", the Lab's AI announced.

One casualty didn't seem like too much of a loss, people were injured and died all the time, but what separated this particular casualty from all the rest was that it was Spartan-B312, Noble Six.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Hey, Six is back! Doesn't sound good!", a Spartan said as he knocked on the door to Chris and Claire's temporary sleeping quarters.
                    Last edited by S121; 01-16-2014, 10:51 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

"It's actually pretty horrible." Zazz replied. "Uncontrolled magical experiments... there's always someone that dies to overdose of arcane energy or even worse... becomes a monstrosity, shunned from society. Most of the times anyway. I was a magician once, but too much chemical experiments turned me like this. But the magicians found interest in me and permitted me to stay in their city until, well, 10 years ago."
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

John was a little curious about Zazz's story. From what John could tell, the magic city was more a magical nightmare than an actual city. Perhaps Zazz had information on this city, perhaps even a way to get to the book even faster.

"What happened then?", John asked Zazz.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Every year, I sneak some food from a supply caravan and carry it to the mousefolks' village to feed them. But when I used this sewer to travel to the village, that Slime attacked me. And I've been living inside the Slime for 10 years since then. Good thing I don't need to eat anymore."
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

John was glad to see that they had destroyed the slime and freed Zazz, but now they needed to advancve deeper into the library to grab the book. With that in mind, John asked Zazz a question.

"By the way, is there any advice you can give us about the lower levels of this library? I'm sure you know the area pretty well, maybe even know about some of the creature's we might come across.", John said to Zazz.
                            sigpic

Comment

Kappa Village - Gensokyo

"Nitori is in her house-Kappa." The Kappa answered. "You can find it by travelling through the road marked with blue bricks-Kappa."

"I have only one thing to say." Zazz pointed out. "Don't go there. Farther you get away from Elios the Creator the better. Don't delve into divine authority."
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

John knew the task was dangerous, even life-threatening, but there was no way he was going to turn back and abandon Yuuka to her fate.

"That's not an option for me. There's a very important book down there that could save one of my friends.", John calmly said to Zazz.

"Who is this 'Elios'? Is he here in this library?", John asked Zazz.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X