X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

"That's not logical. Why would she waste time then come and talk with us?", John asked.

John had a feeling that Renamon might have been right about this Otori being a time traveler, so he decided to voice his question. After all, no military organization has the time to keep their eye on Gensokyo for any small activity. They should know by now that Gensokyo does have time travelers. It would be strange if they suddenly knew that this time warp was different. Even if they did somehow scan Gensokyo at just the right time, why would they? They would have to be expecting Takoizu to arrive.

"Otori... are you a time traveler too?", John asked.

Prometheus Labs - London | Night

Just as Cole and Flandre walked into the courtyard, one of the patrolling SPARTANs caught sight of them from one of the wall's guard towers and shouted out to them.

"Hey!", the SPARTAN said as he jumped over the railing on the tower and landed on the ground below. The SPARTAN then quickly approached the two and put his hand on his holstered gun, just in case the intruders were hostile. The SPARTAN was quite tall, at least a head taller than Cole, and towered over Flandre, giving him an appearance that would intimidate some people.

"State your business. What are you doing here?", the SPARTAN said to Flandre and Cole.
    Last edited by S121; 01-12-2014, 02:06 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Cole looked at the person in front of him. He wore a large suit of armour that reminded him of the sci-fi movies that he and Zeke used to watch. Armour of that kind did not exist in Cole's world and Cole didn't expect them to be present in this one either. The only thing similar to the kind of armour that this person wore were the Dustmen. A bunch of rebellious terrorists who wore armour made of scrap metal.
      "The name's Cole and this is Flandre." Cole said to the armoured person whiling gesturing to Flandre. "Is this Prometheus Labs? We were told that we could find some characters here who could help us out." Cole continued. Cole didn't know what this person was or who he worked for but he really did not want to get on his wrong side.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

"Yes, this is Prometheus Labs. Who told you about The Labs?", the guard asked in a calmer tone.

Meanwhile, a second guard walked up to the group and the SPARTAN. Instead of having the same heavy armor as the SPARTAN, this man had what appeared to be black and dark blue riot gear. Not only that, he was about Cole's size.

"Is there a problem here?", the guard asked as he approached.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

This was the place. But from Cole could hear, he wasn't going to get inside so easily. If Cole told these armoured people about ACO, who knows what they would do to the duo. Cole had to come up with a lie.
          "Prometheus Labs? Heh. You see... I work for the government. I was sent here because we located and discovered this girl here, Flandre, and we need to get her back home." Cole sheepishly responded. It might not have been the best of lies but it was all that he could come up with. "We heard that there was a group of individuals within this place who could help us in doing so." Cole continued. Hopefully Cole's lies would get to them and they would be able to speak to whoever ran this place.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

"Which government organization? Can I see a badge?", the SPARTAN calmly asked Cole.

While the SPARTAN talked, the security guard beside him could be seen tapping away on what appeared to be a PDA, as if he was looking for information. After a couple seconds, the security guard aimed the camera on the front of the device towards Cole and Flandre, snapped a picture, and went back to tapping away on the device.
            sigpic

Comment

Of course, Cole wasn't going to get away with his lie that easily. Cole didn't have a badge or any way of pretending to be a government official. The only thing he could do would be to reinforce his lie. Cole pretended to search his jacket and his pockets. After a short while searching himself, Cole spoke up "Damn it, it's not there. We got attacked in the forest earlier. A bunch of people that flew in from a helicopter tried to take the girl away. We held them off but I... lost my badge." Cole responded. As his lies continued, he was gradually losing his composure in front of the armoured person.

"Cole... We're not going to get in, are we?" Flandre innocently asked Cole.

Comment

The SPARTAN stood there and lightly raised an eyebrow as he frowned in his helmet. It was becoming apparent that Cole was lying, and it was beginning to wear on the armored super soldier's patience. Just as the SPARTAN was going to speak again, the guard beside him spoke.

"Ah. Cole MacGrath from inFamous, and Flandre Scarlet from Touhou. I had a feeling she looked familiar. She's one of the defenders from the Devourer Incident.", the security guard said to the SPARTAN as he lightly pointed over to Flandre.

The SPARTAN looked over to the security guard, over to Flandre, then back to the guard before speaking again.

"Does she have anyone that can vouch for her?", the SPARTAN calmly asked the guard.

"Yea. A couple of the SPARTANS were in the battle. I'll call one of them up right now and get them over here.", the guard said to the SPARTAN before walking a few feet away from the group and putting his finger to his earpiece.

As they waited, the SPARTAN turned back to Cole and spoke.

"Next time, don't lie. You'll only dig yourself a deeper grave.", the SPARTAN calmly said as he removed his hand from his holstered gun.
                sigpic

Comment

Cole silently thanked whatever god or supreme being was looking over him. He did not know how it happened but it appeared that he might have a chance to get in. But as he had his moment of celebration, the armoured guard that was speaking to him said something. "Next time, don't lie. You'll only dig yourself a deeper grave."
                  Cole's blood drained from his face. They saw through it... They knew he was lying and they could have killed him for it. Cole was going to have be on his best behaviour if he intended on keeping his life. But out of all the things that they had said. These people apparently knew Flandre because of some Devourer Incident. Suspicious, Cole turned to Flandre.
                  "Defender in the Devourer Incident? Is there something that you aren't telling me, Flandre?" Cole sternly asked Flandre.

Flandre was just as confused as Cole. She did not know of any Devourer Incident.
                  "No. I don't know about any Devourer. All I remember was being in my basement and then waking up to find you." Flandre responded.
                  Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-12-2014, 05:55 PM.

Comment

The SPARTAN became slightly confused by Cole and Flandre's conversation. It seemed that they didn't know about the largest Character incident to date.

"You don't know about The Devourer Incident?", the SPARTAN asked the two in a slightly confused tone.

While they talked, the security guard could be faintly heard in the back, speaking to someone over his communicator. His voice could be heard, but he was too far away for his words to be clear and concise.
                    sigpic

Comment

"No, I don't. I was kept in a prison run by Organisation XIII for a lot of my time outside of my game, inFamous. I know next to nothing about this world." Cole responded in a somber tone. Out of all that he had said so far, that was the truth. Cole knew nothing about this world and had been in Organisation XIII's captivity for a long time. "I found Flandre the same way. She and I were kept in a laboratory run by them and we both escaped." Cole continued.

"I... I don't know! I've never known any Devourer!" Flandre said. Her tone had a mixture of surprise and worry. She honestly did not know about any of this yet the others were saying otherwise.

Comment

The SPARTAN was a little confused by how Flandre knew nothing about The Devourer Incident, and could see that she was beginning to get worried. Seeing this, and not wanting for the little girl to get upset, the SPARTAN changed his demeanor to calm her down.

"Well don't worry. It was a big battle, but everything turned out fine.", the SPARTAN assured Flandre in a calm, friendly tone.

Just then, the security guard walked back to Cole, Flandre, and the SPARTAN and announced what would happen.

"Okay, a SPARTAN will be here shortly. He will vouch for you and be your guide through The Labs. All you'll need to do is sign some paperwork to get access to The Labs... What are you guys talking about?", the security guard asked.
                        sigpic

Comment

"We were talking about the Devourer Incident." Cole responded. Cole then turned to Flandre and noticed that she was not coping that well with what was going on. Whatever was being said about this Devourer Incident, Cole would need to ask more about it and what it had to do with Flandre. "Flandre. Are you ok? Whatever is going on, we'll find out soon enough. Right now, I need you to be strong and to be with me on this one. Ok?" Cole spoke to Flandre in a calm manner.

"I... I will." Flandre spoke. At that moment, she began to hold onto Cole's right arm. Fortunately, Cole did not have his hands charged so Flandre only felt little sparks as she held Cole's arm. The sparks were surprising at first but Flandre quickly got used to the feeling.

Comment

The SPARTAN could see that the girl was getting more and mor enervous by the second, so he decided that they shouldn't speak about the incident until they were inside.

"Well anyway.. just ask someone inside about The Devourer Incident. It's up to you whether or not Flandre hears.", the SPARTAN said to Cole.

"You really don't remember?", the guard asked Flandre in a curious tone as he removed his face mask.

"Don't worry, everything turned out fine. Your sister is fine, and so is your home.", the guard said in a friendly tone, trying to make her feel less worried and a little more at home.

Meanwhile, a SPARTAN in crimson red armor could be seen exiting the front doors of The Labs and began to walk towards the group.
                            sigpic

Comment

As Cole listened to what the guards had to say, he noticed something grabbed onto him. Looking down, he saw Flandre holding his arm. If it were anyone else, Cole would have immediately told them to stop or would have even forced them off. But as it was Flandre, Cole decided that it would be best to leave her as she was.
                              "Does that not hurt you, Flandre? Typically when someone touches me, they tend to get a shock." Cole asked the young girl.

Flandre shook her head and continued to listen to what the others had to say. While she did, she noticed another armoured person approaching them. This one had crimson coloured armour. Flandre continued to hold onto Cole as the crimson armoured person approached them.

Comment

As the crimson SPARTAN approached, it became clear that this one was more slender than the other SPARTAN, meaning that it was a female.

"You called?", the female SPARTAN asked the security guard as she approached the group.

"Yes. We need somebody to vouch for these two.", the guard said to the female SPARTAN as he motioned over to Cole and Flandre.

The female SPARTAN looked over to Cole and Flandre and lightly tilted her head to the side.

"I remember you. You were flying overhead, killing all those aliens.", the female SPARTAN said to Flandre in a friendly tone.

She then looked over to Cole and quickly scanned him over. Cole looked to be human, but she knew better. After all, there were many Characters that looked like humans, but had extraordinary abilities.

"And you must be her friend, correct?", the female SPARTAN asked Cole.
                                Last edited by S121; 01-13-2014, 12:01 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X