X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I just thought of something. Chief vs The Reaper. Now that would be a match for the century.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

They both have very similar abilities.

They are both fast and skilled.

Reaper seems to be more focused on offense, while John is more focused on defense.

Would Reaper be able to break through John's armor, or would John be able to outlast Reaper and eventually defeat him?

It would be a very long fight...
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Aye.

And I'll be honest, my story comes equipped with OP characters that you could challenge and possibly defeat depending on how.

Erebos
        Aetheron
        Aion (when he realizes who he is and obtains the sword Iris. Which is...at the bitter end.)
        And the two unlikely candidates:
        Nero and Cicero.

All of them except Aion are sort of like...antibodies built into the story. They're OP but they only make like...a few appearances. Nero is just a blundering fool that has a sort of alter ego. Cicero is just in the story for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
          @Mima

They both have very similar abilities.

They are both fast and skilled.

Reaper seems to be more focused on offense, while John is more focused on defense.

Would Reaper be able to break through John's armor, or would John be able to outlast Reaper and eventually defeat him?

It would be a very long fight...
          The Reaper's many weapons are actually meant to break through heavy armor and shields, and for non-armored targets, well, they die. John might be able to take a few kunai or an arrow, but once his shields go down, those arrows, kunai, and it's scythe will simply tear through his armor.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

@Mima

Then he'll just have to play on his speed and reaction time.

I can imagine that Reaper is fast, but probably not faster than a Spartan-II in Spartan Time with an AI boosting his speed further.

We also have to take John's versatility into account (strategy, strength, on-board hacker, and a hint of luck).

I wouldn't count him out just yet.

What exactly are the specs for the arrows and scythe?
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

It would be interesting to see what these two powerhouses would do when they meet one of the villains of the story for part I.

@S121

So what do ya think? How would ya want John to start?
              specifically where?

Comment

@Cucoo

I was thinking that he would possibly appear out of a Slipspace portal, near either a fleet, or near one of the planets.

You can decide where he appears. It is supposed to be random for him, so what better way than to let someone else choose a location for him to appear.

Just remember that he has to appear somewhere in space, not nose-first into a planet.
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe he can actually meet The Reaper when he comes in. Honestly, The Reaper probably wouldn't fight John, it would actually somewhat respect him.

Also, normally, in speed factor, John would be faster, though if The Reaper overcharges it's suit, it'd probably be equal, if not faster.

Comment

@Mima

Ahh, I see.

They both seem to have a sort of overcharge factor.

How does Reaper's suit work? Is it organic and fleshy, or synthetic? What's it capable of?

It kind of makes me wonder what method it uses to overcharge and how it speeds up Reaper's reaction time and speed.

If it's organic, then it could be that the suit becomes a part of Reaper. It could have something similar to John's nervous system, super-conductive dendrites, but that also might leave it vulnerable to electricity. If it's organic, then it could have the ability to regenerate, but pound-for-pound, isn't as effective as nano-muscle.

It's all interesting to think about.
                    sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo

I was thinking that he would possibly appear out of a Slipspace portal, near either a fleet, or near one of the planets.

You can decide where he appears. It is supposed to be random for him, so what better way than to let someone else choose a location for him to appear.

Just remember that he has to appear somewhere in space, not nose-first into a planet.

Nexion it is then, near the "planet" (which appears more like a nebula) Nexus.

He'll be able to find the City in the Sky, where Avonna is.

Avonna is the head of the Venturian Council, and is treated as a sort of empress. She's the last living Papillian, a race known for being able to keep the peace of a situation, like a mediator.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, I'll have the App done soon.

Also, just a heads up, he has an armory in the ship. He has a lot of guns, but can only carry about 4 or 5 (based on the armor's page on his magnetic holsters).

The reason why is because the ship is supposed to have 4 living crewmembers and 4 weapon/equipment lockers for them. Each one can hold up to 3 - 4 weapons each (depending on size). John is the only one, so he has 12 weapons stored.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's perfectly fine. His ship will fit in with most transports here anyway. They're pretty diverse so anything in terms of what features they have in that regards is fine.

Comment

@Mima

Ahh, I see.

They both seem to have a sort of overcharge factor.

How does Reaper's suit work? Is it organic and fleshy, or synthetic? What's it capable of?

It kind of makes me wonder what method it uses to overcharge and how it speeds up Reaper's reaction time and speed.

If it's organic, then it could be that the suit becomes a part of Reaper. It could have something similar to John's nervous system, super-conductive dendrites, but that also might leave it vulnerable to electricity. If it's organic, then it could have the ability to regenerate, but pound-for-pound, isn't as effective as nano-muscle.

It's all interesting to think about.
                            Well, this is what the suit looks liek, if you didn't read the bio.
                            250px-Nekros_Portrait.jpg
                            Well, I listed it's powers in the bio, but i'll list them here to add onto it.

Charge: It can charge forwards with blinding speed, crushing or knocking anything out of the way that comes into his path.

Stomp: The Reaper focuses all of it's energy into a single stomp, giving enough force to even disrupt time aorund it, leaving enemies floating in a sort of "stasis" for aorund 10 seconds.

Boost: The Reaper can overcharge his armor for a short amount of time, boosting his speed and reaction time to almost impossible levels. This does leave his shields down during and five seconds afterwords.

Shadows: It's most terrifying ability, and allows it to revive the enemies it has killed as ghostly energy shadows, which will fire upon everything except fellow shadows, and the Reaper itself. This last for about 1 minute, and must recharge afterwords.

For the suit itself, it boosts The Reaper's speed, endurance, and strength by a large amount. It's somewhat like an organic suit, though it does have quite a few synthetic properties to it as well, such as features like night-vision, and being able to tap into electrical systems with just a touch. It's power source is unknown, as The Reaper won't tell, and is probably liable not to tell anybody.

It has regenerative shielding, and if neccesary, cloaking capabilities in exchange for those shields. Even if the shields go down, the armor itself is uite durable, and can block most low to medium caliber projectile and energy based weaponry. If that fails, as a last resort, it can teleport it back to it's ship on a whim.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok.

His ship is pretty big.

I don't think it can carry vehicles, but it's big enough to have oversized guns.

It's more like a bomber/starship. It's a pretty versatile ship.

@Mima

Ahh, so it's an organic/synthetic hybrid.

I think his suit runs on souls. That would explain his Shadow ability.
                              Last edited by S121; 10-05-2013, 03:37 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, the suit can hold souls, which it uses for the Shadow ability.

Comment

Working...
                                X