X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Okay thanks. Also I kind of can't wait until Eve awakens.

Comment

@Cucoo

Just an interesting observation about the shielding system.

Apparently, even normal shielding systems can easily absorb tank shells, portable cannons, and snipers. The only way to efficiently damage shielding would be assault rifles.

That being said, the soldiers with assault rifles would actually be more of a threat for John than the tanks with giant cannons.

Also, because of the fact that his shields are so strong, his teammates would actually be able to use him as cover if there is nothing else to hide behind. John is the team's portable wall.
      Last edited by S121; 11-12-2013, 10:39 AM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
        @Cucoo

Also, because of the fact that his shields are so strong, his teammates would actually be able to use him as cover if there is nothing else to hide behind. John is the team's portable wall.
        That one line...

Made me think of a funny situation...

*Hajime is standing near John while Eve gives out a lecture to them both about how reckless they can be, and Hajime is not all too happy about being lectured.*

Hajime: "Oh come on! Why should I listen to a freaking android that's older than everyone here... Yes I just called you old."

Eve: *Stares blankly at Hajime as she raises her hand as she is about to go berserk on him.*

Hajime: *Instantly hides behind John.*

Comment

@SUSTIC

Oh wow. XD

I wonder how Eve would react to that.

Anyways, I can imagine that if they're out in a field, John could easily raise his shields and stand there for the team to use as cover. He would be able to stand up to tank shells, launcher weapons, and snipers, but assault rifles would be able to whittle away his shields.

1 assault rifle bullet takes 2.222% from his shields, so if he is hit by 10 assault rifle bullets, it will take 22.22% from his shields. Unfortunately, most assault rifles fire about 3 times per second, meaning that after 2 seconds, John would have lost 19.998% of his shields. The only way John would be able to combat that would be if he raised his overshields.

If he is shot 45 times, he will only have .01% of his shields left, so if he had 4x overshields, he would need to be shot 184 times with an assault rifle.

That sounds impressive, but against a squad of assault rifles, he wouldn't last very long. Against one person, he could stand there for about 61.333 seconds, but against 2, it would be 30.666 seconds.

3 would be 20.444 seconds, while 4 would be 15.333 seconds.

Well, his shields may appear to be strong, but he still needs to watch it or he will be gunned down.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

@S121

Oh Eve wouldn't be too happy.

I actually do imagine Hajime doing something or saying something to piss off Eve to the point where she slaps him in the face hard enough to send Hajime flying back a few meters.

Also Eve would probably be able to find a way to enhance John's shields for short periods of time. Probably by reinforcing his shields with a small layer of nanobots, or super charging it with energy particles.

In fact one skill she has as the Code: Nemesis involves her creating a small field of Nasod Nano Drones that will destroy MOST projectiles with in it (like bullets), reducing the damage her allies receive, and increasing the amount of damage enemies receive as well.
            Last edited by SUSTIC; 11-12-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

@SUSTIC

Well the good thing is that John's shields seem to be very adaptable. They can be overcharged up to 4 times, which means that he can have 400% shields, or he can put them into overdrive, otherwise known as Armorlock, where he can become indestructible, but immobile. After the Armorlock ends, his shields will be down though.

As for his shield rating index number, I think I'll lower it from .9 to .8, or .7. I'll probably lower it to .8 until he gets an upgrade or something. Either way, he will still be the group's literal tank.

About Eve and Hajime, I think John would be slightly annoyed as well, but would find the situation funny. He would probably make a wisecrack like, "Come on Hajime, you're a superhuman. Come out and take it like a man."

Of course, that would only be if the slap is warranted. If not, the John would be on Hajime's side.
              sigpic

Comment

I can tell that there will be a lot of interesting situations with Eve, Hajime, John, and Cortana. I also think Hajime would be either... dazed beyond belief from such a slap, or actually be unconscious if he were to be slapped by Eve on such a magnitude. I know one thing though. It would show that Eve is definitely someone that you don't want to piss off.

Remember Hajime might be a super-human, but nowhere on the same level as John is. After all he isn't really a human per say as he is a Bioroid. Yes he is stronger, faster, and has a better reaction time than most humans, but he isn't on the same level as John. He also has relatively low stamina when compared to others due to his abilities, and the nano machines in his body that grant him his ability to generate electricity.

Comment

@SUSTIC

I think slapping John would be like hitting a brick wall. I'm sure it would hurt John, but he's had worse pain. Still... that slap... maybe she should slap the enemies to death.

You know what? Maybe that's what Hajime or one of the others should suggest to her. "Maybe you should slap the enemies to death."
                  sigpic

Comment

@S121

Funny thing is one of Eve's basic combos in Elsword ends her with slapping the target hard enough to turn most enemies around 180 degrees. Which is a reference to how Eve first slapped Elsword right after she woke up in her backstory.

Hajime might recommend Eve to try doing that after he gets slapped, which would probably result in Eve slapping him AGAIN this time hard enough to send him flying into a wall.

Comment

@SUSTIC

Then Hajime says, "See what I mean!? You hit like a man!"

That would probably just piss her off further.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh he would probably be hospitalized if he kept it up. Then Eve goes to visit him and apologize, Hajime accepts her apology, then accidentally says something to piss her off again... the the nurse outside of his room hears a loud SMACK, and goes in and sees Hajime unconscious while Eve leaves the room with an annoyed expression on her face.

Comment

@SUSTIC

I think after that, John might tell her that her slap should be utilized in an attack, that her slaps might be more lethal than guns. Of course, John would not be joking.

That being said, I don't think John or Cortana would allow Eve to get so far as to hospitalize Hajime.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yea. Eve's slaps are dangerous xD Though I think she would only get that powerful if she was in Code: Exotic and got pissed in this RP.

Eve also wouldn't actually DO something like that to Hajime unless he really, really, REALLY pissed her off... and if he did that Hajime would probably have a few large Nasod Spears in his ass and a large bump on his head like the ones you see in manga's and anime.

Comment

Eve used z>z>z>x!
                              It's super effective!

I have a tendency of falling into the rhythm of that combo and just wind up slapping enemies silly with her...

Anyway I thought of what Aion and the Hunters would think of for possibilities

Stand and fight or flee through the buildings to the north

The reason they would stay is because they can't let the facility fall to the enemy as it is a key location and holds a tactical advantage and the databanks hold too many secrets to delete/back up in time.

Comment

@SUSTIC

She's got anger issues. XD

Anyways, I just came up with another good idea. You know how you said that Hajime's overcharge causes his nanobots to generate too much electricity? If that's the case, then John could easily siphon off the excess energy and use it to power his shields, or transfer the energy to power up a machine.

@Cucoo

Welcome back!

Did you see my posts about shield systems and the damage output for tanks and snipers vs assault rifles?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X