X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia and Wonder

Your characters are or were already accepted.

Comment

I added a suggestion to my app if you want to read it.

Comment

@Tewi

I really like your suggestion Tewi, but I already had a pretty clear idea on how Vampires work in TSU. Though there are some things that your suggestion covers (things I missed/forgot), so I can still implement part of your idea of how Vampires work.

The Suggestions/Descriptions of races will be listed eventually. I just need to work on some other things, and make the IC first.

Comment

@SUS

Do you want me to do something for Dragons and Phoenixes? Like how Tewi did for Vampires.

Sent by Tapatalk
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai

Maybe. I remember Neo had a dragon character in the past, so when it comes to Dragons I'm a little conflicted as to whether I want to go with her original idea of how Dragons worked (still have her PM explaining such), or go with yours.

As for Phoenixes... go right ahead. No one else in the RP made a Phoenix character yet.

Okay here is a little bit of advice for everyone.

If you have a idea for a race that you have a good, solid description for. Then you should send it to me via a PM so I can check it out. Just a heads up.

Comment

@SUS

Ok, give me some time and I'll have something.

Sent by Tapatalk
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Okay bout time I get to this:

Carina Norwood:
                Spoiler:

Name: Carina Norwood

Race: Human

Bio: At the young age of 8 Carina was a rather rambunctious girl, she was always invading other people's personal space, and always sticking her nose where it didn't belong. She was never a pushover, in fact she was the type that pushed others over. In short during the 2nd grade and onward she was the classroom bully. She had picked on many of her fellow classmates, and she was usually the first to get blamed for any problems or accidents that happened in the class. However it did all end after she graduated from the 2nd grade. Carina left town to go to a different school because of her parents had to get a job somewhere else.

For the rest of her life leading up to today when she finally got into TSU she had lived a normal life. Over the years after the 2nd grade she seemed to die down a bit when it came to her "Mean Girl" attitude, and eventually just became rather calm and tame. Yeah she did and still does occasionally bully others, but only when they do something to annoy her. Like say someone bumping into her when she is in a rush, or various other minor things. Even then she had calmed down quite a bit, and is no longer a flat out bully. However a lot of it changed when she turned 16, as at that age she discovered something that would change her life forever. When she was 16 she was just outside spending some free time with her few friends outside she got in a little accident.

Carina, and her friends were playing some soccer (american soccer) to pass the time. Carina was the goalie, and when she blocked the ball with her right hand she began to scream. She fell over as she grasped her right hand due to the sheer pain that she felt. When she looked down at her hand she noticed something on the back of her hand. An odd... symbol that was never there before. The symbol was that of an odd sword with wings. After she was rushed to the emergency room there were no reports of her suffering from any odd symptoms. With nothing wrong she was sent home, and that is when her parents sat her down and began to talk to her about this odd symbol.

They told Carina about how the symbol was passed down through her father's side of the family, and how it is a indication that her magic was finally emerging. They told her about the Symbol of Arcana, an ancient symbol and ability passed down throughout the ages and that with it came the powers of Arcana, the true first member of her family to ever have Light magic. With the power of Arcana in hand she had the power to manifest her "heart into Light Magic, the stronger and more positive her emotions the more potent her Light magic becomes", an ancient skill that not just her ancestor Arcana had used. Almost immediately her parents decided to send her to Trinity Soul University when she reached the proper age. Until then she would attend normal school, during of which she... began to change back to her old ways of bullying. Mostly out of self-defense, as a lot of the people she once knew did not take kindly to her power. Yeah they weren't too harsh, but they did sort of began to pick on her. They called her names now and then, and in turn she got fed up with it. The next day she was walking through the School Hallway, when some guy walked by and called her "Heart Girl". That kind of broke the ice. Carina then quickly retorted with a kick to the face, breaking the guy's nose in the process. Ever since she had become a bit more of a bully again.

Now that she is 19, and is now attending TSU. Hopefully will not have to deal with the same annoyances she suffered at her old school. She is unaware of what awaits her at TSU.

What Element/and or type of magic: Light Magic: Arcana - An ancient style of Light Magic that focuses on using ones own will power, and feelings to turn into power. It is actually a skill that any light magic user can learn, as it is quite simple even though it is named after Arcana, the man who made it more well known. With it Carina can turn her "feelings" into Light Magic to fuel her attacks. Of which she is actually an expert when it comes to fighting with her legs (ya know, in the form of kicks and the like.) Since it usually involves strong positive emotions like happiness, and love. The more happy she is, or the more "In Love" she is with something the stronger her magic. However this means that by default she isn't all too strong with it as she is not usually happy...

There is one exception though. If one can push her to the extremes of either positive emotions, or negative emotions she will enter a state called "Arcana Extend" in which the symbol on the back of her right hand changes, and her attacks will be temporarily at full power. The only downside to this though is that it is incredibly hard to force this state, and she cannot activate it at will. Only when she is truly in love with something, or truly pissed off beyond all hell will she enter her Extend form. In this form she will be covered in a white or greyish aura depending on what emotions she was experiencing before she initiated Extend mode. There is no difference between these two auras, just different color. One downside though is that when she does ever go into Extend (which is a very slim chance to push her to this point) she would actually go into a coma for a few hours to a day. This is due to the "Strain on her heart." In turn this makes Extend mode useless until she can find a way to actually make properly control it.

It's kind of like Ultima, however not nearly as powerfulor severe. Arcana isn't really even it's own magic, just a passive technique/ability of Light Magic that can be obtained unlike Ultima which is it's own subtype of Light Magic. Arcana isn't as strong as Ultima by far, and as such does not remove the emotions that fuel this ability.

Her attacks with her magic involve infusing her kicks with light magic, meaning her kicks have a bit of an extra punch. Not only that but she can also fire light magic shockwaves by discharging the energy by stomping on the ground, creating a surge of Light Magic going towards her opponent, or just a normal shockwave of light magic. She is not the strongest with her magic as she does not have a good grasp on "being truly happy", but she can still hold her own in a fight without her magic thanks to her nasty kicks.

Luggage: Some basic clothes, a cellphone, textbooks, and various other stuff that is needed to live at the University.

Appearance:
                Spoiler:
                She stands at 5ft 9.

Her symbol on the back of her hand:
                Spoiler:

The symbol in Extend mode:
                Spoiler:

Why did you come to the University?: Because her parents enrolled her into the University.

Personality: She is a rather calm, quiet, and a bit of a "gruff" kind of girl. She does not take bullshit from anyone, and does not tolerate "annoying" people. She is still a bully, but only to those that annoy her. Due to this, the angry look she almost always has on her face, and her the other fact that she is a bit harsh with her words causes other people to avoid her often. She will leave you alone though as long as you don't pester her, or do anything stupid around her. In fact she is willing to help others, though only if they really do need the help. Other than that she keeps to herself, and does not care if she makes friends at TSU or not. She just wants to get her classes done with so she can get on with her life. As such she does actually study when needed to do so.

Charlotte R. Spade
                Spoiler:

Name: Charlotte R. Spade

Race: Vampire

Age: Looks to be of 15, but is actually in her 30's due to being turned into a vampire when she was only 15.

Bio: Charlotte of the Spade family was always a good daughter. She always did what she was told, and has always been well mannered. After all Charlotte always wanted to please her parents, make them proud of her... but the thing is... Her parents were always too busy with other things. They were more focused on their work, treated their servants with more respect, and more importantly... never really wanted a daughter. Yes, her parents always had preferred if they had a son rather than a daughter. This caused them to either treat Charlotte with an indifferent attitude, or flat out ignore her. Charlotte never understood why her parents always wanted a boy instead of a girl, but it made her feel... pointless. The only person who ever seemed to care about her was her butler Jonathan, who no matter what was always there for her and treated her like she was his own daughter.

When Charlotte was of the age of 15 she was having tea outside under the full moon... when the moon suddenly seemed to... be covered by a shadow of some sort... A bat-like shadow. Suddenly down from the sky a strange bat-like monstrosity came down and began to attack the youn girl. Charlotte screamed as her butler Jonathan came running out, seeing what was happening Jonathan sprang into action and tackled the beast off of his dear Charlotte. Jonathan fought the creature off until it finally fled the area. Almost immediately after Jonathan ran over to Charlotte who was covered in wounds, she was torn apart... blood everywhere. Jonathan was distraught by this, thinking that she had been murder when suddenly... Her wounds started to heal.

Turned out that the beast was some sort of vampiric monster, and that when it attacked Charlotte it transferred the curse of the Vampire over to her, turning her into such a beast. For several years Charlotte had not been accustomed to being a vampire, but she is now after 15 years... although she still despises being a vampire. Now at the age of 34 she is attending the Trinity Soul University, using her excuse of being a vampire to leave her past behind her and start anew.

What Element/and or type of magic: Blood Magic - Solidification: Charlotte is capable of using her blood magic in a... slightly common way. She can take any blood that is ALREADY outside of a person's body, and harden it into many different shapes. So far she can only make small beads, star shapes, and small cubes made out of solidified blood that looks like blood red crystals. Once she turns blood into a crystal she cannot change it back no matter what, as such she uses this ability to make special blood colored jewelry made out of well... blood. She cannot use the blood of someone if their blood is inside the body, as the blood has to be OUTSIDE of the body in order for her to use her magic on it. This makes it not a very combatitive form of Blood Magic, which compliments her personality as she is not a fighter at heart.

Luggage: Some clothes, a hair brush, a bat shaped pillow (ironic), and a black parasol she uses outside during the day to protect her from the sun.

Appearance:
                She stands at a short 5ft 3.

Why did you come to the University?: To start a new life in an attempt to forget her parents completely after the many years of neglect from them.

Personality: She is kind, and well mannered, yet Charlotte is deep down... a brat. Yes she is well mannered, as she never speaks unless spoken to, and always tries to keep her calm. Charlotte is the kind of girl that would study her hardest when it comes to her classes. But she does have little patience when it comes to trivial things, and even though she wishes to make friends she has a hard time doing so due to her sheltered childhood. People who have gotten to know her call her a "Freaking Well Mannered Brat". A name she had gotten... accustomed to, yet despises. She also has quite low expectations for certain things, considering that some things like other people to be a bit low-life until she gets to know someone. This can make her come off as a bit rude at times.

Other: N/A other than the fact that I am making the app for her Butler Jonathan.

Suggestions:N/A

NPC Jonathan:
                Spoiler:

NPC Name: Jonathan

Age: Well into his 50's, being about 35 or so when Charlotte first turned into a vampire. Also despite his age he is quite a healthy and well-fit man, one would say he is not even human.

Abilities: Dark Magic: Teleportation/Close Combat: Jonathan is quite a skilled Dark Magic user, using his dark magic to teleport from one location to another if enough energy is used. Although this is highly draining for him, and as such he only uses it to teleport to his mistress or to teleport both himself and Charlotte out of danger. He's also quite adept at using Dark magic in his attacks, embueing each punch and kick of his with a bit of Dark Magic to create a small black shockwave when he strikes someone. Luckily he is quite skilled in the Hapkido fighting style to compliment his magic.

Appearance:
                Spoiler:
                He stands at 6ft 1.

Personality: He is quite sensible, and always remains calm in most situations. Only ever losing his cool whenever someone harms or attempts to do something bad to Charlotte of whom he considers as a daughter. He will go to any lengths to make Charlotte as happy, and comfortable as can be. This compared to Charlotte's original parents makes him seem like a saint. He loves her to the extent that he doesn't care that she is a vampire, deciding to go with her and leaving the rest of the Spade family behind.

When it comes to other matters he is like I said, calm. He respects others, and whenever he is not helping Charlotte he will be helping to help others if he is asked to do something (though he is more likely to help someone with something if they had earned his trust.) This makes him not just loyal to Charlotte, but even to others... as long as they had earned his trust.

Comment

Spoiler:

Name: Cale Trent

Race: Human

Bio: A young man who was born in the outskirts of a small, quiet town. Life growing up in this town was relatively peaceful and quiet when he was younger, in fact it was quite boring for Cale. He always tried to find anything to make living there more interesting, and exciting. Most of the time Cale had gone into the forest to explore, and just do whatever the hell he wanted. After all no one really bothered him when he went into the forest, and he was fine with that. Though even then most of the time he was just causing mayhem and mischief throughout the town... most of his mischief targeted towards the girls in town because he thought that "it is more fun to mess with them." As he grew older though his actions became more... perverted. He would often times sneak into the women's changing room at the local pool, run by a woman while flipping up her skirt/shirt, or just playing simple, mindless pranks on them. Thankfully he was too young to actually get in trouble, and most people just thought it was normal for a kid his age (13 at the time).

However things began to get worse when he became 16, and his magical powers were finally revealed to him. When he became 16 he learned of his prowess in Wind Magic, and began to "test out" some tricks. He learned that he could manipulate the wind, and with enough energy, generate his own wind for him to use his magic on. Cale began to love his Wind Magic powers, so much so that he began to use it for... other things. He began to use his Wind Magic to fuel his dirty pranks. Now he was able to use his magic to flip the skirts of women from a good distance away among other things, and no one ever knew of his Wind Magic until he was caught on the day before his 18th birthday. By this time his parents had learned of his Wind Magic, and the things he was doing with it. As such they signed him up for TSU. They hope that his time at the University will not only allow him to make him learn to use his magic for more good things, but also help improve his behavior in general.

Cale is indifferent to this sudden turn of events, and as such he will try to take his time at the University in stride.

What Element/and or type of magic: Wind Magic. Currently he only knows a few basic tricks with Wind Magic. So far he can use his Wind Magic to form strong gusts of wind to try and blow his opponent away, and if he is outside will use his Wind Magic to kick up a small cloud of dirt/sand. Other than that he can form blades of Wind that can cut through things like cloth, and with enough focus can cut through skin. It would take extreme amounts of focus to cut any further than just the skin. Though the main thing he learned to do with Wind Magic is that he can use his own Wind Magic to increase his movement speed quite significantly. With Wind Magic he can run as fast as an Olympic Runner for extended periods of time until he exhausts himself of Wind Magic.

Luggage: A simple bag full of clothes, toothbrush, a phone, and other things.

Appearance:
                  Spoiler:
                  He stands at 6ft 3.

Why did you come to the University?: Parents had enrolled him into the University on his 18th birthday, so he had little choice in the matter despite him being 18. Besides he thinks it will be fun at the University.

Personality: Cale Tren is the kind of guy who is very laid back, to the point of being outright lazy. Yet is still very confident in his powers and skill, and sometimes even surprisingly smart (he didn't get straight A's back in his old school, but he did get plenty of C's and B's without anyone's help.) A guy that is easy to talk to, and relatively kind. Yet would still react to any aggression directed towards him with even greater aggression. The guy who is by nature cocky, and perverted. The guy who knows how to properly sneak into a woman's room, and steal a pair of panties without the woman even suspecting anything. Yet he is still (oddly) highly kind to those less fortunate than himself, and does not tolerate seeing a woman of any age cry. If he sees a woman crying, he will go out of his way to make them stop crying. Even if it means getting himself injured (if not risk his own life to) severely in the process.

He is the guy who at first glance seems like a total dick, and a rebel. Yet he is a nice guy who does not like seeing others acting depressed or getting injured. (Unlike Drake who acts suave, and nice to the ladies,. Yet is a total bastard of a man who will use you until he considers you worthless.)

Other: None other than the fact that I will not have Cale make other female characters that are owned by someone the target's of his perverted actions. In fact I won't have him do a lot of perverted things without warning.

Finally got this one done...
                  Last edited by SUSTIC; 10-25-2014, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I like it, but this part made me laugh "He is the guy who at first glance seems like a total dick, and a rebel. Yet he is a nice guy who does not like seeing others acting depressed or getting injured"

I can already see the situations with this guy XD
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Lynne Florence Rousseau - Sketcher of Despair
                      Spoiler:

Name: Lynne Florence Rousseau

Race: Human...?

Bio:
                      Spoiler:

An enigmatic, silent girl who is seen in nothing but black clothes, Lynne is an anomaly among the normally cheerful, outgoing group of girls her age. Using the doodles on her sketchpads to communicate, Lynne isn't very sociable. What has turned this otherwise charming girl into such an introvert?

When Lynne was young, she belonged to a french diplomat father and a secret agent mother. While both of them were very busy with their works, they both loved Lynne very much. Lynne loved to draw, and was a prodigal artist, and the parents used their wealth to support Lynne's artistry to the fullest.

However, due to the nature of the jobs Lynne's parents had, disaster was surely to follow.

One day, when Lynne was 8, the father and the mother were both given a dangerous task to perform: infiltrate a terrorist base and assassinate the terrorists' leader in Pakistan. The two were worried about themselves, but more about Lynne. It was the order given to them by the government, and therefore couldn't be disobeyed. However, abroad missions like these usually take several months to complete. Reluctantly, they left Lynne at the care of their neighbor and went to Pakistan.

A few days later, the neighbor in care of Lynne received a letter from the French government, saying that both parents were killed by the Paki insurgents in an ambush.

Lynne was transferred to St. Roland's Orphanage and was taken to care by the priests there. Ever since that day, however, Lynne's personality flipped upside down. The loss of her parents at such early age sent her into a spiraling madness. She went through traumas at night, often times having to stay up most of the night in fear of the nightmare that followed. She never interacted with any of the staff members, and the fellow orphans abused her. It was until an older boy kicked her in the throat that the government realized that the particular orphanage was not the place for Lynne.

For the next 5 years, Lynne was sent from one orphanage and foster home to another across France, England, Spain, Italy, and America. Sadly, Lynne could not stay in one place for more than a month because of either how badly the staff was treating her, or because of how hostile the orphans were towards her. The years of abuse along with lack of medical care ultimately resulted in Lynne losing her voice permanently. It was until when an elderly woman living alone in Florida heard of Lynne's story and took her in as her foster granddaughter did Lynne's nomadic life stop.

The elderly woman took note of Lynne's fondness to art. Being a former artist herself, the elderly woman taught Lynne all she knew. Lynne's prodigal artistry returned in merely days, although her taste in art became very dark, and within a few weeks she was able to hold her own gallery.

On Lynne's 16th birthday, she and her foster grandmother was painting as always when Lynne's finished drawing: a sketch of a knight in full armor black as night, came into existence, fully under Lynne's control. Lynne immediately went to panic mode, unable to do or say anything in fear of returning back to the abused, wandering life. Instead, Lynne's foster grandmother put her hand on Lynne's shoulders and said the following:

"This is the culmination of your drawing skills, Lynne. I'm very proud of you, and I implore you to continue this path."

Lynne's foster grandmother knew that there was magic in the doing, and contacted those she knew that had delved themselves into this arcane matters, including Mr. Daichi, who happily agreed to take in Lynne to a school where an outcast like her is not only accepted, but welcomed:

Trinity Soul University.

Magic type: Summoning - Sub-type: Drawing Creation

Lynne can willfully summon almost anything that she draws into reality and control the summoned drawings. There is, however, one crippling limitation of her stamina and her "mana" that prevents her from summoning an ancient arcane monster from the past and obliterating anything that stands against her.

For simplicity, summoning an object from drawing costs
                      1) One-time activation mana that is used as the drawing is summoned
                      2) Mana per second that increases over time to sustain the summoned drawing into existence.

These two costs are scaled up and down by the size and, more importantly, the lethality of the object summoned. A small pocketknife may cost more to summon than a large teddy bear.

This magic also comes with Lynne's drawing pace. Lynne can draw most things in full, realistic detail within 5 seconds at most, making her versatile in the heat of the battle.

Luggage:

Lynne mainly carries clothes that are primarily black in color. She is never seen without a drawing pad and her signature pen given to her by her foster grandmother. She was also given a high-end Macintosh laptop by the French government.

Appearance:

Spoiler: Normal

Spoiler: When summoning something

Spoiler: You don't want to get on the bad side of her...

*Huge thanks to my friend, Anisoft, for drawing these for me.

Why did you come to this university:

She won't say.

Personality: It is impossible to gauge how she will act. Some things she does induce cuteness out of her, while sometimes she will look scarier than a horde of demons.

Other: None for now.

Just realized this theme suits Lynne to a T.

Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 02-18-2015, 05:12 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Well, I'm thinking about joining this again. This time, with a different character.

First, a question regarding magic types. I see that you have listed "beam magic" as non-elemental magic. Wouldn't it be better to list it as such? I mean, there are different ways that raw power can be used; for example, creating a spherical shockwave of pure magic resonating outward from the caster. Or would you consider this as its own type of magic?

Comment

@Lunasa

I thought of that, but it was originally a magic type that Zekai had came up with. When someone comes up with a magic type that will be added to the list, I try not to change the name of it to respect the creator.

"Beam Magic" doesn't just involve the use of beams from what I discussed with Zekai. It has a wider range of uses than just Beam Magic.

Not all magic types are as they sound.

For example the seemingly offensive Fire Magic can be used for various defensive/supportive maneuvers, as well as quick first aid (cauterizing a wound), and cooking. All magic types have a very wide range of uses, it just requires some creativity to make full use out of a magic type... and practice...

Comment

can anyone suggest a magic type or concept?

Comment

@tewi
                              Yep

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When is would you stop accepting cause I want to join but I have exam so... \* Brain.exe has Stopped Responding *\
                                You can't blame me for Everything~

Comment

Working...
                                X