Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm stating that he does both but uses rune more than fire.

Sent by Tapatalk
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai

Sorry Zekai but he does have a bit of a point there. The way you labeled Amata's magic makes it seem as though he does have two types of magic. He can have Rune Magic and using fire based rune spells (Elemental Rune spells are not considered to be another type of magic. For example an Ice Rune spell does not make it Ice Magic. Just Runes that use Ice.) Like I said, hard to explain.

Comment

I think it would be like some games where you get all types of elements but your character can only be truly proficient in one element.

I.e. In PSO2 you can choose to be weak but capable of using all elemental types of techs (spells) or you can choose one elemental type and be powerful with it.
        You can still use the other elements but you do chump-change with them compared to your specialized element.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

longest bus ride ever ^^:

Comment

@Trouble

Yeah... I know... I'm working on a post right now to fix it.

Comment

Here goes nothing! ( Still Reworking on Wren's App )
              Spoiler:
              Name: Wren Algo

Race: Human

Bio: Right after Wren's 15th Birthday, his father went on a crazy spree signing him up for any activities he could think of. Wren took part in activities such as Swimming, Cooking and various other activities. What Wren did not know is that his father was trying to get Wren to realize his magic potential. Another year had past since his Birthday and his Father seemed right about to give up.

Wren had spent countless hours doing martial arts and swimming but his father saw no Signs of him possessing any Magic capabilities. No one could express his father's agony when his own son did not posses any magical capabilities. His father continued holding this expression till Wren was about to blow the Candles on the cake. Wren, seeing his father so depressed, exhaled deeply. What he did not expect was that the entire cake to fly to his father's face. One could say that the roles were reversed with the father beaming with delight while Wren's shock robbed him of all speech. That was when Wren's family discovered that Wren had Wind Magic. His father was so delighted that he hugged Wren still with cake on his face. Wren could only continue watching in Horror as the cake dropped from his father's face onto Wren's face. Since that fateful day, Wren spent his time training his to control his Magic. If you watch closely enough, he would still shudder slightly when he sees cake.

What Elemental/ and or type of magic: Wind, is also interested in Rune magic.

Luggage: Rubrik's Cube, Various Books, Basic Necessities( like Clothes )

Appearence: About 1.7m and has White hair. He can be seen wearing a green hoodie usually.

So something like this but with White hair and a Green Hoodie

Why did you come to the University?: His father knew very little about Magic so he sent Wren here to learn more.

Personality: Wren is a happy-go-lucky person who is generally very friendly around everyone. He doesn't mind sharing things since he seldom uses things that he has. Due to his happy-go-lucky attitude, he can be very careless and often ends up misplacing things.
              Last edited by Algoritus; 10-18-2014, 06:10 AM.
              You can't blame me for Everything~

Comment

Originally posted by Algoritus View Post
                Here goes nothing!
                Spoiler:
                Name: Wren Algo
                Race: Human
                Bio: Wren is as Calm as the Wind most of the time but can be very careless. He discovered his abilities during his birthday where he blew the entire cake to his father's face. If you watch closely, he would shudder slightly when he sees cake.
                What Elemental/ and or type of magic: Wind
                Luggage: Rubrik's Cube, Various Books, Basic Necessities( like Clothes )
                Appearence: About 1.7m and has White hair. He can be seen wearing a green hoodie usually.
                Why did you come to the University?: To develop his Knowledge as he only knows basic Spells.
                Personality: Is very friendly around everyone but is very careless...
                You may want to give your character a it more thought than this. I can't say wether the app passes or fails but i think you should write a bit more about your character, give him some history. If you put a lot of effort in your character you'll end up having more fun in the RP.

Comment

Have to agree with Tewi here. In fact, there are to passes an app need to pass. the general rules, and the RP's rules.

Spoiler:

26) Everyone is required to make applications for main characters that they will control. This application should give everyone else a basic idea of who you character is and how they act. The application should be a tool for the other RPers to get to know the character

Try to tell a bit more about your character. While you might have a a decent idea of who he is, the others don't have that idea. A general rule is that you should try to make the app as long as possible.
                  Last edited by Katrix; 10-17-2014, 08:46 AM.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  someone is fighting for you.
                  –As long as you remember her,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

@Trouble and Katrix
                    Thanks for your advice! I was thinking that the app cannot be this easy so it will try to rework the app to include more details. Hope you could forgive me since it is my first time trying something like this.
                    You can't blame me for Everything~

Comment

Originally posted by Algoritus View Post
                      @Trouble and Katrix
                      Thanks for your advice! I was thinking that the app cannot be this easy so it will try to rework the app to include more details. Hope you could forgive me since it is my first time trying something like this.
                      You didn't really do anything wrong. I did the same thing the first time i rped way back when. If you just enjoy this rp and learn from it you'll get better in no time.

Comment

Spoiler: Sinuda

Name: Sinuda

Race: Half-Witch

Bio: Sinuda had been living a pretty normal life with her father almost all of her life. She didn't see her mom that much. At first she didn't know why, but after pressuring her father to tell her for years, he told her that she wasn't really meant to be. That she was an accident. He refused to say anything more, only saying that she would have to hear the rest of the story from her mom. At the age of 16, something strange happened. Her pet cat had just died. Sinuda was heartbroken because of it. The next days she just sat beside it wanting it to live again. Then something happened. The cat lifted it's head and started mewing again, just for a few seconds, but it was enough to both scare her dad and her.

For the next few days, her dad was nowhere to bee seen. He had just disappeared hours after the whole incident with the cat. After the second day she began to wonder if he had abandoned her as he was afraid of her. After another two days however, he came back with her mom which proceeded to run up to her and hug her at first sight. Sinuda didn't know what scared her to most, that the cat had lived for a few seconds after it had died, or the fact that her mom, which usually hated her or didn't care about her suddenly loved her so much. The next few minutes went really quickly. Her dad told her that from now on, she was going to live with her mom. She wasn't allowed to bring any of her stuff, not even clothes. After 10 minutes to say goodbye, she and her mom was off. Once they arrived, her mom brought her some clothes which she put on, while at the same time burning her old ones, signaling a new life.

The next few months, her mom told her about the world she didn't know about. About magic, about witches, about what she was, about her magic, about the history of magic, and so on. A few months after that, Sinuda began her training in Necromancy. It took some time, but eventually, she learned to control her powers more, and control basic spirits. At this point, about 18 months had passed and Sinuda had turned 18. As soon as this happened, her mom sent her to TSU to learn more about her magic.

Element: Necromancy

Luggage: A few changes of clothes, some books about magic, some books about witch history, some chalk.

Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Why did you come to the University?: Because her mom made her.

Personality: Sinuda is normally a nice person. Although she only spent 18 months with her mom, that was 18 significant months. She's not embarrassed to talk about herself as an half-witch and her mom as and witch. She might also seem a bit shy to some people, but that depends from person to person. At the same time, she's hiding a bit of annoyance that her mom isn't telling her everything, and is almost looking at her like a tool instead of a person. Thus she have a tendency to get angry at people if she feel that they look at her in any way other than as a person.

Theme:
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler: Kathryn Tetra

Name: Kathryn Tetra

Race: Mermaid

Bio: Kathryn was living a normal life as a child up until the age of 5. Nobody really know how it happened. Kathryn went to sleep like normal, and when she woke up, her legs were replaced with a fishtail. Her parents didn't really know what to do. It wasn't as if they could just go out to someone on the street at ask them what to do either. For some time, nothing happened. Kathryn was kept home at all times. When she turned 6, she was home schooled as her parents still hadn't found an answer to what to do.

At the age of 7, her uncle accidentally heard about what had happened. Luckily both the parents and Kathryn, her uncle actually had a slight idea of what was going on. He went up to Kathryn and said that if she could complete a task he was going to give her, he would help her. A placed a cup of water on the table. Kathryn's task was to make some sort of movement in the water without moving, instead just staring at the water. Kathryn tried as hard as she could each day. After a month of trying, she finally managed to make a single ripple in the water. Her parents called her uncle over as soon as possible, and Kathryn showed him how she could make the ripple.

The next day when her uncle came again, he was carrying a lot of books with him. That day, he told her all about the magical world, and about her magic and his own magic. From that point on, he became her teacher, not just in magic, but in other subjects as well. For the next few years, Kathryn learned all sorts of stuff, both in and outside of magic. At the age of 8 she managed to lift water with her magic for the first time. When she was 9, she managed to summon water (and spray her teacher). One day when she was 10 years old, she began a new practice unlike anything she had done before. For about 3 month, her uncle told her to keep a passive thought of an image of herself, but instead of her tail, she would imagine human legs. In addition to that it had to be as realistic as possible. She had to not only think about how it would look, but also feel, smell and on and on. At first it was hard even keeping the thought there at all, but as the time went on, it became easier and easier. One day, she woke up to find that her fishtail had been turned back into human legs. When she tried to walk on them, she couldn't. She couldn't even move them, but Kathryn didn't really care that much. The following months her uncle continued the training with keeping the passive image of herself in her thoughts. Kathryn have never stopped thanking her uncle for fixing her legs. What Kathryn didn't know was that her uncle hadn't really done too much at all. Instead he had discovered her magical sybtype, morph, and helped her plant a passive spell in her mind.

After this episode, the home schooling didn't stop, but instead moved over to her uncles place. Over the years here, she learned how to properly wield her magic and use it. When she turned 18, her uncle recommended that she would go to TSU as she had learned most of what he knew and there were probably better teachers there. At this point she was pretty good with her magic, and knew the ins and outs of it. Her biggest fear for TSU is that the the first half of the year might be a bit boring for her as she have learned about magic since the age of 7.

Element: Water, and the subtype Morph (mostly dormant)

Luggage: Her wheelchair, some clothes, her smartphone, some makeup, some of her best magic books, message from her uncle to the school saying that she already have some form of education within magic.

Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Why did you come to the University?: Because her uncle recommended her to.

Personality: Kathryn is a quite happy person, that enjoys to talk. She might be perceived to be a bit shy from time to time, but this isn't something that happens often. In battle she might seem a bit arrogant as she have a slight belief that she is better than most other people as she have been training for much longer.

Suggestions: Morph, water subtype

Morph is a rare subtype of water that might seem very much like shape shifting at first, but at a closer look differs quite a bit. Morph a allows the user to liquify a object and change it's properties. This includes shape, hardness, appearance, texture, bounciness, conductivity and so on. For each property that is changed, more magic is used. Unlike other types of magic like this, the magic drains mana as long as it's in effect. This means that a morph user could change the shape and appearance of a bouncy ball into a porcelain tea cup. This however would not be a believable representation unless you were only allowed to look at it and not touch it. The moment you touched it, you would notice that it didn't feel like porcelain at all. If you were to loose it and it would fall down to the ground, it would bounce back up again. Additionally, the person that uses the magic have to know what they want to change. The user can't just think "make it conduct electricity like iron". Instead the user have to know the actual conductivity of iron. Morph is not a type of magic that can safely be cancelled swiftly. Instead the user have to take time to reverse the process.

Theme:
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler: Marius Tetra

NPC Name: Marius Tetra

Abilities: Water magic

Appearance:
                        Spoiler: Don't judge me, it's hard to find a good looking male magicians at that age.

Personality: Normally quite calm. He stands for the family and will do whatever is in interest of the family. He cares a lot about Kathryn, and the others. Having trained Kathryn from when she first got her magic, he have built a strong bond between.

Bio:

Marius began his life quite easy. He went to school, did normal stuff, discovered his magical abilities and went to TSU and was praised as having lots of potential. At his second year at TSU he met a girl named Amanda. The to of them quickly got to know each other. At some point Amanda seemed a bit unsure about their relationship, but after about a week everything was back to normal. Marius later got to hear that this week was the week her family was going to decide if she was allowed to stay with him. After TSU, Marius got to meet the Tetra's, Amanda's family. After hearing their goal and thinking about them for a few days, Marius declared that he though they were nice ideals and that he would continue to live together with Amanda. After another two years, they got married. Not long after, they got their first child. Even tough Marius would love to stay with his child, he couldn't and the child was sent away to a couple in the family that was so unfortunate that the one from the family was born without magic. Although they weren't allowed to bear the family name, they were still considered family and were taken care of. To make sure that Marius would see his child at least a bit, he instead posed as the child's uncle. After this, Marius had to more children, the last of which was named Kathryn, but the same procedure was also carried out here. It seemed that Marius was very lucky tough. While his first two kids failed to unlock their magic at an early age due to the low chance of actually managing it, he didn't get to see them that often. Kathryn was another case tough, meaning that he spent a great portion of his life together with Kathryn.

The Tetra family:

The Tetra family is a quite big magic family with the goal of producing magicians as powerful as possible. Their main method of going trough with this is only allowing people with high quality magic (big mana pool, fast regen, etc.) into the family. The family have also developed other techniques to produce more powerful magicians, like awakening their magic earlier so they can train for longer. Not all of these techniques have too high of a success rate tough. Although they are far away from where they would like to be, The Tetra family is considered a family with a decent amount of magical power. They have also gained a bit of fame, not for their power tough, but instead their principles. Turns out that breeding magicians to produce high quality magicians isn't looked on as a good thing in the magic world.

Spoiler: Lisa Tetra
                        Probably an NPC that will be used a bit.

NPC Name: Lisa Tetra

Race: Nymph

Abilities: Water. Subtype ice magic, in addition to some knowledge about rune and illusion magic (mostly rune)

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Personality: Lisa is Kathryn's older sister, although she still do have an older brother. Unlike Kathryn, Lisa have lived a much easier life. A big part of this is that it wasn't that easy to actually see that she wasn't human. Thus, she can be a bit more relaxed than Kathryn. Lisa was also allowed to come back into the family at the age of 11. After this her magic education began quite fast, and she quickly learned quite a bit. It was only talk about the theory of magic tough. Unlike Kathryn, the family didn't manage to awaken Lisa's magic until she was 13 years old by risking her mothers life. At the time she didn't know that this was something that was to be expected in the family, but later at the age of 19 when she heard it was all a setup she grew a bit angry at her family, an anger that have still not completely left her. Other than that, Lisa can be a bit arrogant at times, but she can also loose up and joke around at times. Lisa is currently going to TSU (3rd year).

Theme:
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler: Theresa

NPC Name: Theresa

Race: Witch

Abilities: Dark Magic

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Personality: As Sinuda's mother, she is tense, and does not tolerate failure. She can at times however the caring, and she also encourages Sinuda to go on and try as hard as she can.

Theme:
                        Spoiler:
                        Last edited by Katrix; 11-29-2014, 11:11 PM.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        someone is fighting for you.
                        –As long as you remember her,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix.

I think they look rather fine as of the moment. It also reminds me about something.

I AM ALLOWING THE USE AND CREATION OF Half-Witches (Human/Witch hybrids), and Half-Demons (human/demon hybrids) as races that you can use for characters.

WARNING!!

Just because I'm letting people create Half-Witches, and Half-Demons as characters I strongly urge you to ask me if you can make one of said race beforehand in a PM or on Mumble, along with what you plan to do with them. Katrix had asked me in Mumble about if she can have Sinuda be a Half-Witch, and have Necromancy in Mumble and I approved it. So if you want a human/witch or human/demon hybrid then please ask me in a PM or on Mumble. If you do not do either of those, and you proceed to just flat out make an app for said race without asking me beforehand then I will not look at it. This also goes for NPC apps for characters of said races.

Comment

Hey, what about me? My app was completely ignored.
                            Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 10-17-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

@Lunasa

I didn't even see your app. FYI I have been very distracted with Terraria lately. So if I don't notice some things like your app. Katrix informed me that he had made his app. I'll check out your app when I get a chance.

Comment

@SUS

Mind giving me a list of all accepted apps? I want to start the lists.

@Everyone

I would suggest thinking of room numbers and roommates so I can start managing these lists.

Sent by Tapatalk
                                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Working...
                                X