Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Texas hold 'em the one where you have to get 21 amount in cards and if you go so much as 1 over, you lose and whoever gets the closest to 21 without going over wins?

Comment

@Wonder

No, that's 12 Black Jack.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

why do I feel like we've died down again in activeness for some reason o.o;
        Is it a full moon or something?

Comment

@Cucoo

Probably because it's Monday, and that usually means work/homework/school for a lot of us. Usually the weeks start out slow and get more active as they go by.
          Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

Ah. Which one is Texas hold em? How do you play it?

Comment

@Cucoo

That's only because Wonder and Wriggle are posting.

Right now, I'm refining John's profile.

I'll add Six and Isaac's later. The only thing I have to do for them is add an updated Bio and the augmentations Six is going to get, as well as fix them a little. I had him as just a Spartan-III in terms of ability, when he's actually more like a "Super Spartan-III", not as powerful as a Spartan-II, but close.

@Wonder

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Li3SEJEA8

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/games/texas-holdem/
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Texas Hold 'em is basically this

1) Each player gets two cards facedown.
                2) The dealer puts five cards face up. These are the communal cards that anyone can use.
                3) Betting starts with the person left of the blinds. A player can either check, which means not betting, or open, which means betting for the first time.
                4) Each player afterwards can either fold (not bet), call (match the highest bet), or raise (increase the highest bet amount).
                5) After the "pre-flop", the dealer discards the top card to prevent cheating.
                6) The dealer then flips three cards faceup and adds them to the communal cards.
                7) Second round of betting starts.
                8) The dealer repeats 5 and 6 until the cards run out.
                9) The players reveal their hands, forming a five-card hand using the communal cards.
                10) The player with the best hand wins.

@Pringles
                Oh you got em.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

im back with nausea, and the bathroom is my lover tonight

how is everyone around?
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Welcome back!

Hope you feel better soon.

I'm just refining John's profile, but will soon be working on Isaac and Six's profile.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm about to head out for an hour or two. Seems like everyone's not responding, so I'll make an IC and gtfo.

Meanwhile, an IC awaits in the AtWaP.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Wait, we're still allowed to post?
                        sigpic

Comment

Sure.

Did I miss anyone in my recent IC?
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I'm making a post right now.
                            Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

@Wriggle

I think there was still Shikieiki.

She already left though, so do what you think is best.

John will probably try and help Shiki. She did go above and beyond the line of duty by protecting Gensokyo. Perhaps they will overlook the small misstep if someone points that out to them.

Spoiler:
                              Shiki walked over to Yukari.

"... Good to have you back. And Yuuka, Ran, and Meiling. But, as you may know, I have to go... Serve my sentence.You're always causing trouble for me,.aren't you? Just make sure you stay alive. I won't allow you to come back next time."

She turns around. "... If I get my job back, that is."
                              sigpic

Comment

ok, I found the weapons the fox and the jackal will be using in the next season

AND I have the urge to put the character I had in the game >_<
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X