Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@S121

Lol true.

In the first episode the main character Nagasumi Michishio was on vacation to a small town near the ocean with his parents. Nagasumi can't swim, and his father dragged him to the beach. While there Nagasumi almost drowned but was saved by a mermaid. Later he wakes up on the rocky shores of the beach and is found by his father. He thought he was just seeing things, but then later on that very night while he was at his grandmothers place a young girl named Sun (or San depending on the translation) stopped by. To Nagasumi's surprise she was the girl that saved Nagasumi. She said that she wished to become Nagasumi's bride (much to everyone's surprise.) Then a few scary men (and a rather attractive one according to Nagasumi's mother) stopped by and said their boss wanted to see them.

Guess what? The girl Sun is the daughter of the head of the Seto Gang. A Yakuza group of nothing but Mermaids. Nagasumi and his parents ended up at Sun's place UNDERNEATH THE FREAKING SEA. While there they found out about Mermaids, and by mermaid law if a human were to ever see a Mermaid's true form either:

A: The human that saw the Mermaid's true form would have to die, while the mermaid in question lives

B: Vice versa (Mermaid is killed allowing the human to live)

Or C:... The human and the mermaid get married... which will spare both of their lives. Sun without any hesitation says she wishes to marry Nagasumi, that or she would sacrifice her own life to allow Nagasumi and his family to live. Eventually Nagasumi does agree to marry Sun(much to Sun's father's dismay.) All that happens in the first episode.

Throughout the series Nagasumi and Sun grow closer and eventually do fall in love with. All the while...

Sun's father tries to kill Nagasumi.

Sun's father hires a small (only a few inches tall) assassin named Maki the Conch who is not only a close friend of Sun's, but she also has a conch shell that can fire pressurized water in a fashion similar to bullets. Maki also has a small sword that is coated in a deadly neuro-toxin that can kill a man in seconds.

Other characters get in the way of their relationship.

Like Lunar Edomae the daughter of the head of the Edomae gang rival of the Seto gang, and is also a pop star (with Nagasumi being one of her bigger fans.) Lunar's also a mermaid. Lunar when she is in public acts all nice, but in reality she is actually a bit terrifying.

Kai Mikawa. Who is freaking rich beyond belief, hates wide open spaces (as such he wears a spacesuit outside), is a childhood friend of Sun, he also loves Sun.

Chimp (aka Sarutobi): The crazy and even perverted close friend of Nagasumi who practically BETRAYED Nagasumi when Kai came along. Chimp basically became Kai's personal servant and close friend.

The anime is incredibly crazy at points. In episode 7 (I think) when Lunar started to attend the same school that Sun and Nagasumi were attending all the boys in the school (save for Chimp and Nagasumi) were split under the "Lunar fanclub" and the "Sun fanclub" eventually there was a large concert contest between Sun and Lunar (by this point in the anime Sun was one of the most popular girls in the school.)
    At one point Lunar sang the "Song of Wars" which caused every single boy in the crowd to go ballistic and craving blood. Basically an all out war between the male students formed and was also described as "being to graphic to be seen on television." You see a Mermaid's voice is like a weapon. They can pull of hypersonic screams that can literally flip over a car in mid drive, and their singing can also have odd effects on humans that hear it.

The Song of Wars which literally causes humans who hear it to go into an all out war with each other.

The Song of the Hero:... Well...

Just watch:

In the last episode SO MUCH STUFF IS GOING ON IT'S ABSOLUTELY INSANELY AWESOME.
    Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

@Mega

WTF!? XD

@Cucoo

Eh, it might.

Why do you ask?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

IKR!?

The last episode is even MORE insane.

You just need to watch the entire series for yourself.
        Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

@ S121

I've just been considering Xenoblade a lot these days...
          Despite some of the minor inconsistencies in the story (Which i'll blame to the fact that the story w/o side quests takes 70+ hrs to complete), it's pretty deep.

And in the end, being able to have visions along with the sword of a god that allows you to grant buffs to your entire party that are designed to nullify a specific type of ability, would make him truly capable of standing his own against anything thrown at him.

I mean, ok I'm going to have Link, who could handle most situations, but there's still the grey zone with technology, and I'm gonna have Lisa and the Phantasy Star's Photons, and sure I do have a goddess who seems to have powers that show up when the plot demands it, but in a straight up fight with all the futuristic weapons and what not, Shulk would be able to hold his own.
          Plus he's the scientific/tinkerer type.
          ...and I know who you would relate to that.

Comment

Up, now she dun it.

Now in case you're wondering, no, it does not affect Yukari in total. She can still gap with control, just not to the court.

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post

@Mima

I don't think I would have enough patience for drawn out battles.

I take it that you beat the game too?
              The only way to get Zygarde is after you beat the game, so yeah. Also got Mewtwo and Moltres. Saddened that there aren't really many legendaries you can get in the game.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Well, I'm off. Night y'all. Btw, happy daylight savings day. SAVE THE DAYLIGHT!!!

Comment

@Wonder

Nighty night.

@Mima

How many are there?

@Cucoo

Just be sure that you want that many Characters.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

@ S121

I'm pretty certain I can handle

I'll whip up an app here for Shulk and that brings my tally up to 6 characters.
                    ...I seem to keep ending up with things in groups of 6...

Comment

Back from a kinda short dinner.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Welcome back!

Just a heads up, John didn't actually hit her, but her blast is coming back at her from a Corridor of Darkness. His Darkness shell is broken though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wonder might know what Kogeki spells are inspired by.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Character:
                            Shulk

Game of Origin:
                            Xenoblade Chronicles

Power:
                            Control over the Monado and thus, future sight.

Weapons:
                            The Monado
                            Spoiler:

Might use the final Monado, which is known as Shulk's Monado or Monado III

Another description of the Monado

Weaknesses:
                            He's still mortal.
                            His visions won't kick in unless someone is about to die or if a paralyzing hit is about to occur.

Appearance:

Personality:
                            He likes to think things through and is very methodical in his approach to most situations. Early details show that he is able to wield the Monado due to the fact that he was one of the only known survivors on a previous expedition to retrieve the sacred weapon. He first acquires the sword when his home, Colony 9, is attacked. His first act upon acquiring the "destined weapon" is to fight for an end to the war with the Mechon and avenge Fiora.

Biography:
                            14 years ago, Shulk was part of an exploration team that went into the Valak Mountains. Shulk was lying around dead exploration members around the Monado within Ose Tower in the Valak Mountains when his body was found by Dickson, who took Shulk to Colony 9.

It is later revealed that Shulk had been killed along with his parents during the Monado expedition and that Zanza had possessed his body and laid dormant within. This allowed Shulk to carry on living without knowing about Zanza. After Zanza leaves Shulk's body he is believed to be dead; however, he is revived by Alvis.

Traumas:
                            Spoiler:

Notes:

Arts
                            Spoiler:

◾Talent Art: Activate Monado - Monado Arts become available. Generates Shulk's Aura while Monado Art is activated. ◾Shulk MonadoEnchant Enchant - Allows allies to damage Mechon for a time and boosts attack power.
                            ◾Buster - Damages enemies in a straight line. Mechon suffer double damage.
                            ◾Shield - Blocks Talent Arts of equal level or lower. Best used when Shulk has a vision.
                            ◾Speed - Improves evasion of a single ally.
                            ◾Purge - Damages single target at a distance. Removes Auras and Spike effects and inflicts Aura Seal.
                            ◾Eater - Damages enemies in front, removes all buffs and inficts Bleed.
                            ◾Armour - Reduces all Physical and Ether damage to the party.
                            ◾Cyclone - Damages all enemies around Shulk. Enemies suffering Break will be Toppled

◾Slit Edge - Damages single target. Attacking the target's side will reduce Physical Defence.
                            ◾Back Slash - Damages single target. Attacking the target's back will cause double damage (also generates aggro).
                            ◾Light Heal - Restores HP to a single ally.
                            ◾Shaker Edge - Damages single target, Dazes if target is Toppled
                            ◾Air Slash - Damage and inflict Break on a single target. A side hit may inflict Slow.
                            ◾Shadow Eye - Reduces aggro and increases damage of next physical arts
                            ◾Battle Soul - Sacrifices half of Shulk's HP to refill a portion of his talent gauge
                            ◾Stream Edge - Damages multiple enemies in front of Shulk, inflicts Break and fills talent gauge
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-07-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

@Wriggle

What are the spells inspired by?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post

@Mima

How many are there?
                                Let's see.

There's the game mascot, which is Xerneas for X, and Yvetal for Y (Which I have)

Then, after the game, you can get Zygarde, Mewtwo, and one of the three legendary brids depending on which starter you chose.

Moltres for Froakie (that's me), Zapdos for Fennekin, and Articuno for Chespin. (By the way, the birds are the longest to get, as you have to randomly encounter them in the wild 12 TIMES before they finally settle down somewhere for you to fight them.

And that's it. That's all the legendaries you get.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X