X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@NeoFox

Anyways, I think I already told you about Chris's upgrades, right?

He's going to be getting them near the very beginning of the second season.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Yea you did. Why?

Comment

@NeoFox

Just wanting to make sure.

I think I covered everything except for the armor's capabilities.

Did I go over what the armor can do?
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@S121

I'm not exactly sure... I can't remember to be honest.

Comment

@ Wriggs

Pretend to be offline and he will appear.
            Walk away for like 10-20 minutes, don't log back on, and then see if he's on.
            Then log in

@ S121

A problem of simple consistence I noticed in EG,
            What would you classify Cortana's Augmentations?
            Primarily answer this:
            In order for them to function, Would they take more energy than that of normal food, or something that would require Aura energy?
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-18-2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

@Cuckoo
              He seems to be back for now. Pretty sure he's preparing the ending and is posting.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Bout that...

Unfortunately the post will be so long that it not be done today. It will be done tomorrow, it may be done today. You guys just sit tight and wait lukewarmly.

Comment

A'ight.

You heard the man folks! Let's have the afterparty in the AtWaP.

...or we would but I have to afk for an hour.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

@NeoFox

Do you want me to get you the information?

@Cucoo

I was thinking more along the lines that they would work sort of like John's augmentations. You see, John can lift at least 17 metric tons without his armor, yet he eats a fairly normal diet, albeit a somewhat sizable one. I was thinking that Cortana would be treated the same way, based on how much force she uses. Despite all this talk about limiters, her artificial muscle works similarly to real muscle, in the sense that it can contract in varying degrees, allowing her to have more control over her strength.

Basically, she would have a fairly normal diet, except for when she begins to lift tanks and such. John uses armor powered by a fusion reactor for that, so I suppose I can imagine a problem stemming from heavier weights. That being said, the fusion reactor only uses the tiniest fraction of its power to power the suit's force multiplying circuits. Most of that power is reserved for the shields.

I guess what I'm saying is that yes, perhaps it would be a good idea for Cortana to incorporate a reactor of some kind into her body, to compensate for the high demand for energy. Perhaps she could have nanoreactors of some kind. I'm pretty sure that EG's tech could do such a thing. If not, then what is the power output of an Aura Crystal reactor?
                    sigpic

Comment

@ Wriggs

Or Eternal Galaxy might have a planet somewhere that could host such a thing.

but I digress.

@ S121

This is where I was kinda wondering...

And it seems like no one saw my post on Bioroid vs Cyborg anyway so this is tricky...

to be brutally honest, exactly what are these augmentations capable of?
                      They're almost too powerful too soon for this story. Though I suppose it'll work out as a sort of character like in Fire emblem, there's always a pre-promoted class that you start out with that can easily carry you through the first chapters, but then you'll hit a dead end because if you let that one OP starter unit take on everything, the others can't progress.
                      Right now, I structured my story almost like a game, and metaphorically speaking, Aion is level 1. He doesn't have his energy diffusion, he doesn't have his swordmaster awakening, he doesn't have his time manipulation, he doesn't have his ability as a God of Time. Right now, all he has are emo-charged sword attacks thanks to Aurora's Curse.

To be honest...I'm thinking about back tracking a bit with John and pulling a Metroid Prime scenario...
                      You know...how every Metroid Prime game starts and all

My storyline is kinda tumbling slightly because this early, things aren't supposed to be so powerful.
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-18-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

@S121

If you want. I don't want to be a burden.

Comment

In time... This world will come to an end. But fear not, for life finds a way to continue on. A new world shall be born, a new chance to live life to the fullest. Do not hold onto your regrets, but hold onto your dreams. Let them guide you as you make the jump into the unknown. Make the choices you would have wanted to make before. Take the opportunities as they arise. Seize the day and strike your name into the annals of history. In the new, coming world, anything goes. Haven't you heard? All the World's a Game, and all the men and women merely players...

But seriously.

Time for another to take its place.

Comment

@ Major

The great one has spoken.

He has handed down the holy and so dearly sought ending.

Comment

oddly it sounds both good and bad
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

I wouldn't really say John got too much of an upgrade. Sure, he has a hybridized suit of armor, but it basically does the same thing, only with slightly upped stats. If you want, we could say that the armor passively upgrades itself as time goes by. It still has all of it's functions, but not many of the enhancements yet, kind of like the GEN 2 MJONIR armor's passive upgrade system.

Just so we're on the same page, what are all the armor's extra features? How much will it boost his strength? I looked up how fast energy travels and instead of having him react at the speed of light, I gave him a 20% boost in reaction time, due to the suit using pure energy instead of electricity.

As for Cortana, she can do almost everything John can physically do.

Here's a list of her augmentations.

Spoiler:
                                Carbide Ceramic Bone Augmentation - Virtually indestructible bones.

Muscular Enhancement - Increased tissue density and lactose recovery time.

Occipital Capillary Reversal - Increased visual perception.

Superconducting Fibrification of Neural Dendrites - 1400% increase in subject reflexes (15x reflexes).

Insulated Aura/Electrical Hybrid Nano Conduits - Allows Cortana to transfer, store, and absorb Aura and electrical energy.

Titanium Alloy Muscle Nanofibers - Allows Cortana to lift about 40 - 50 metric tons.

Artificial Pancreas Implant - Allows her body to extract the maximum amount of nutrients and carbohydrates from food with minimal waste.

Pulmonary Polymer Lining - Greatly increases oxygen intake and retention, helps process toxins from the air and allows her to breathe certain non-oxygen atmospheres for up to an hour.

Muscular Enhancement Lining - Allow muscles to flex and strengthen far more quickly, also allowing the muscles to operate at great speed without the risk of breaking bones.

Cardiac Implants - Strengthens cardio-vascular tissue and increases maximum heartrate to safely allow massive adrenaline flow without the risk of stroke or heart attack. These implants are able to allow her to run at a maximum speed of almost 40 miles (64 km) per hour.

Reactive Metal Liquid Crystal - Increases reaction time by a factor of five.

Nanobots - Silvery blood that can perform various tasks.

Basically, Cortana is weaker than John, can react faster, due to her being a super AI, and has other functions that he can't perform. Despite all this, she has no experience with her augmentations, which means that she's not as effective as John in a combat scenario. She is geared more towards survival than combat, hence some of the SPARTAN-IV implants, like the pancreas implant, and the cardio-vascular implants.

She is basically a hybrid between a Cyborg and Bioroid, considering that Spartans are considered cyborgs.

@NeoFox

Don't worry about being a burden. You're not being one to me.

I'll get you the info in my next post.
                                Last edited by S121; 11-18-2013, 11:05 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X