Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... That battle could go on forever... Either way, so his energy is useless in this one. You still have to fight the equivalent of the devourer's power cut in half.

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
      Yea. The Nova Beam will be very bad for Zonmari. It's the most overpowered weapon in the game. I think its from the third game, but I can't remember.
      for some stupid reason I thought it was just called the Plasma beam again...which was in the 1st one.
      But yea, Nova was in Corruption.

"The Nova Beam is a high-frequency beam used in the Pirate Homeworld's mining facility. The Space Pirates had developed it as both a weapon system and to be installed in mining operations involving Phazon ore. Samus Aran stole the Beam from the Main Cavern in the Pirate Mines, shutting down the Mining Cannon that was cutting and extracting Phazon deposits in the facility.

The Nova Beam is designed to be used in combination with the X-Ray Visor, another Pirate device. Using the X-Ray Visor allows Samus to see through Phazite, and the Nova Beam allows Samus to pierce it to attack points concealed beneath. The Nova Beam plays a key role in the battle against Omega Ridley, as Samus Aran must use it to shoot through Omega Ridley's Phazite armor to damage his internal joints. It is the last beam Samus obtains in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. The Nova Beam is similar in function to the Wave Beam from the 2-D games, as they are both able to pass through walls (though the Nova beam can only penetrate Phazite). The shape that the Arm Cannon takes as it stacks the Nova Beam is also the Arm Cannon's beam shape when equipped with the Wave Beam in Metroid Prime.

- Damage : Very High (Exceeds the power of the Plasma Beam in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption).
      - Effect(s): Passes through Phazite. Can be used in conjunction with X-Ray Visor.
      - Special uses : Shoot Through Phazite; Open Green Doors; Welding; Melt Ice"

Now if she could only use the hyper beam...but that would mean phazon.........hm...

EDIT: now I know why I was confused, there was a plasma beam in corruption, that's why I remembered the Nova beam as Plasma beam.
      Last edited by Cucoo5; 08-31-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Phazite armor is supposed to be indestructible. Zonmari may be a fallen angel, but that will still do damage. He might want to be careful.

How I see it, both Characters can kill one another.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Phazite is indestructible, the nova beams just says "LOL no" to that anyway.
          And let's not forget the Wave beam~ that was a fun beam ( 'w') homing and ability to pass through glass...though In Other M abilities like that stacked and her plasma beam went through glass.
          so glass and phazite. top it off with super bombs and a grapple beam that can absorb or overload energy of a target. Samus has the arsenal....

Oh and OP screw attack from Other M. Can't forget that.

Comment

How long does it take to charge?

Comment

It fires ever so slightly slower than the Power Beam.

It's the green beam.

It's infamous for being overly OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0YAJWStUw
              Last edited by S121; 08-31-2013, 09:24 PM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

So... It's near instant fire? Seems a bit OP tome...

Comment

Yea, but then again, everyone here is OP, and the beam cannon it is canon.

I suppose everyone has their weaknesses. Isaac is a soft target, but incredibly dangerous. Samus has defense and offence, only that she's never really used even half of her arsenal and that her shields don't recharge unless she sucks energy from a power source.

All I gotta say is, "That's one tough b*tch!"

And you wonder why there are so many debates over John vs Samus fights.

The best I can say is play smart.

Samus's suit is much more advanced and her shields are MUCH more powerful than John's, but the suit's hull is weaker.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                    So... It's near instant fire? Seems a bit OP tome...
                    pfft you think just that part of the Nova beam is OP?

Oh and P.S. if foggy memory serves me right, its fire rate is a smidge slower than power beam, yea...but by like a few fractions of a second. so it fires slightly slower than you can pull the trigger.

And P.S.S. Grapple Voltage is the grapple upgrade that allows Samus to drain and overload enemies of energy.

Now let's not forget the Charge beam and charge beam combos.
                    If you think that the raw power of the Nova beam sounds OP...now charge it to practically double the power in about o say 2-3 seconds.
                    In addition, the Charge Beam can be fired in short bursts unlike the 2-D versions. This means that Samus is not completely vulnerable when charging. The damage with the minor shots is weaker than the full charge but stronger than the standard shots, and travel slightly faster than fully-charged shots.
                    And if that's not enough, throw missiles in it to make a charge combo which can have various effects. Now the Nova beam doesn't have charge combo (anything from corruption doesn't as it just wasn't there cause of hypermode and beam stacking system). But if we were to say she has her other beams available...

Super Missile is the Charge Combo of the Power Beam, and is a Single Shot Charge Combo. Since both Prime and Echoes include the Power Beam, both games also include the Super Missile (the only Charge Combo to appear in both Prime games). The Super Missile is special, as it is the oldest of the Charge Combos, being a feature of the Metroid series since Super Metroid (though in that and other games it was a separate Missile). It is also, in the Prime games, a required item and the only required Charge Combo.

Wavebuster is the Charge Combo of the Wave Beam, and is a Sustained Fire Charge Combo. The Wavebuster is found in Metroid Prime, in the Chozo Ruins area. It fires a stream of violet electricity, paralyzing enemies. It resembles the Grapple Voltage of Corruption.

Ice Spreader is the Charge Combo of the Ice Beam, and is a Single Shot Charge Combo. Found in the Magmoor Caverns area of Metroid Prime, the Ice Spreader will coat whatever it touches in a thick layer of ice, and can be used to freeze multiple targets.

Flamethrower is the Charge Combo of the Plasma Beam, and is a Sustained Fire Charge Combo. It is found on the first level of Phazon Mines in the original Metroid Prime, and when fired will release a very short-ranged stream of fire, dealing immense damage to all it touches. The Flamethrower is useful against large groups of nearby enemies, as it can be swept quickly over them, burning them to ashes.

Darkburst is found in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the Charge Combo of the Dark Beam. It is a Single Shot Charge Combo, as are all the Charge Combos in Echoes. The Darkburst is a very slow-moving projectile, but on impact will create a black hole, sucking in all nearby enemies to a "dark dimension" unrelated to Dark Aether. The Darkburst needs 5 missiles and 30 dark beam ammo in order to be fired.

Sunburst is the Charge Combo of the Light Beam. Like its complement the Darkburst, this weapon fires a large, slow moving projectile: a sphere of intensely bright, rainbow-tinted light. It will deal immense damage to creatures from Dark Aether. The Sunburst requires 5 missiles and 30 light beam ammo to fire. If the cluster is close to a target it will fire rays of intense heat at an opponent that is within in reach.

Sonic Boom, the Single Shot Charge Combo of the Annihilator Beam, is the final Charge Combo of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. This weapon, unlike the Darkburst and Sunburst, fires an extremely fast projectile, so fast; in fact, that it will instantly appear next to the target. The Sonic Boom tears a rift in space, severely damaging any nearby enemies. This Charge Combo puts the heaviest drain on Samus' resources, consuming 5 missiles, 30 light beam ammo, and 30 dark beam ammo in one blast.

Comment

Oh god I love the Prime series.

That was quite possibly my favorite set of games as a kid.

It made you feel like you were a super powered, insanely dangerous force to be reckoned with, but you were still vulnerable.

Not only that, the enemies were MUCH faster than in other games. You needed reflexes to dodge attacks.
                      sigpic

Comment

aye. Other M makes Samus seem like a Ninja with the sense reflex skill thing...Got 1 billion attacks headed your way? Do a barrel roll. and dodge every shot with ease...

EDIT:

Last edited by Cucoo5; 08-31-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I liked the first person part too. It helped immerse you into the game, especially when you could see rain droplets on your visor and watch as they dripped off.

One part that I thought was really cool was in one of the Primes where those computer enemies would attack you with computer viruses and lag your visor and movement.

Let's not forget exploring.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                            I liked the first person part too. It helped immerse you into the game, especially when you could see rain droplets on your visor and watch as they dripped off.

One part that I thought was really cool was in one of the Primes where those computer enemies would attack you with computer viruses and lag your visor and movement.

Let's not forget exploring.
                            oh god yea, the prime games were massive on that front, specially 1 and 2.

Comment

There was also the parts where you had to find the story by scanning things. It made you investigate instead of just having everything handed to you. It was realistic in that regard.

Also, you know how most video game bosses are slow, lumbering behemoths? In Prime games, they were hell of a lot faster than your usual boss. It made things more intimidating, but more satisfying when you beat them.

I also love the music. It was some of the most unique music I've listened to. Kristia and I actually got into a conversation about the Primes a while back. I think she might know more than I do about it.

I can't really find anything to nitpick at. It was an all around good game series.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh and while I'm thinking it...
                                This guy...in a very later time or if no one takes the 7th slot I might add him instead of Morgan for now...highly unlikely though...
                                Rest in peace DFO...I spent all that money on ya and you close...bah

Male Gunner

Spoiler:

Edit: and ya, Prime was good. I found Other M ok contrary to popular belief. Prime 3 was more straight forward at times...cause ya had that Aurora Unit talkin to ya and guiding ya too much.

Edit 2: And tbh I'm more of a sword guy...Ironic isn't it that in an MMO I played as a gunner over a swordsman...
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 08-31-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X