Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Mima

Then send the robot off to exterminate birds! XD

Ok, probably not. It would be overkill.

Put it on a robot, then transfer herself to the robot.

Just a wild guess...
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@S121

The point is that if he did realize that she's actually dead and all that, and let's say this person killed a few of John's other friends too. And then there is the fact that the person may be urging for him to get angry. Giving John the chance to attack him several times. Another thing to think of is that it does not have to be that instant. If we completely rule out reviving, most people will sink into a state where they want to do something with it. When the person that did it may be walking by you every day and reminding you of how she died it can be quite overwhelming. Or is John really that type of person that just can't want revenge, no matter what?
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

Better yet what if Raven woke up with his arm missing? (Like in a blooper or something.)

Raven: *Wakes up after GlaDOS worked on his arm* "What happened?" *notices arm missing* "GLADOS!!!"

Director: "CUT!"

Comment

Build it anywhere with decent spacing; big enough to build a small town. You do remember the blueprint's location, right?

Comment

@Katrix

From what I gather, John is... odd, due to his indoctrination into the UNSC. He has been trained to sort of lose his sense of self, becoming only the sword and shield of the UNSC and Humanity. It might just cause him to mentally shut down and turn into a robot. John might want revenge on some level, but in the end, he would turn it into his duty to ensure that the person responsible is stopped.

Yes, he would most certainly try to kill the person responsible, but John would most likely be a hollow shell by that point, being driven only by his training.

It would sort of be like he would be programmed to kill the person, due to him having no emotions, sort of like when Cortana died. When she died, he simply dismissed her death as just another casualty to ensure Humanity's survival. It shook him to his core, but by that point, he was a hollow shell.

Think of John as a "Broken Hero". (TV Tropes)

"Halo 4: Dr Halsey's interrogator accuses Master Chief as this, as for all of his Badass abilities, he is considered an empty shell, and Cortana is the only thing that's keeping him from falling apart." -TV Tropes

In a way, it would do the opposite of sparking his hatred and giving him a thirst for revenge. If anything, it would most likely make him lose his will to live.

@Wonder

You never gave me the coordinates/blueprint's location.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

It's located on the thread I made of it.

Comment

@Wonder

I'll find the thread.
                sigpic

Comment

... huh... I swore I put it up...

Time to hunt -w-;

Oh wait.......

WHY THE HELL CAN'T I LOG IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

@Wonder

Is it giving you a message?
                    sigpic

Comment

@S121

Oh. Those people....

Well we have a name for those too. Weak hearted. They can't use either light or darkness effectively. Once he looses Ansem, a Corridor of Darkness may for example become something he can only do outside of battle as he need to focus those emotions he have that beckons the darkness.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

Hmm... I wonder...

Hey, Katrix, based on what you know of HM, Gerard, and 'Sebastian,' Do you think any of them are capable of controlling darkness/light?

Comment

@Katrix

I suppose you could say that. If he has a reason to keep fighting, then he's truly unstoppable, but if he has nothing left to lose, he would become a hollow shell bent on destroying everything and anything he considers a part of his objective.

It's hard for me to explain. He would still continue to fight, perhaps even mercilessly and brutally, but he won't have the inner drive he once did. He would still remain perfectly focused, perhaps even more, but he wouldn't really care if he died or not, he would find no enjoyment in anything he would do, it would be almost impossible to emotionally move him, and he would spend his entire time doing what he was "programmed" to do. It would be like some kind of depression, his form of depression, where he loses all emotion and compassion. He would stop being John and become a weapon of the UNSC.

I suppose you could say that he would make Nobodies look like they have emotions compared to how he would act. In a sense, he would out-Nobody the Nobodies.

@Wonder

Did you get any messages saying what was wrong with your login?
                          sigpic

Comment

No, just... takes forever to log in. It said... something that started with a p...

Comment

@Wonder

Tell me about them

@S121

If that is the case then they would love using him as a vessel. One advantage John have tough, he can't become a nobody.

Oh also, in that case then I think I know some of the tasks Master Eraques will give John and because he have problems with emotions they won't be easy.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

@Wonder

?
                                Last edited by S121; 11-15-2013, 10:55 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X