X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gray Market

They went to a much shadier part of the market, where people were selling illegal items all around. They went to a smaller stand, the words 'Dr. Zed's Shield Emporium and Infirmiry' above the stand. A man in a bloody smock, and a surgeon's mask, with a large saw-blade axe like instrument in his hand.

"Oh, Sam, here for the stims, or shields?" the presumed Dr. Zed said.

"My friend here is looking for something. John, meet Zed." Sam introduced.

M.O.E.B.W.L.L.D.B.A, Nevada

Christoff's shot hit a tank on the side of the drive, causing it to detonate in mid-air, leaving nothing of the birds but blood and feathers, and nothing of the drive but fragments.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

"......... fuck."

Well, this time around, I can't blame you for missing your opportunity.

Yea. But this time I was sure to get it.

I know, and you had reset your mind to once again focus on it. You are free to roam as you please.

Yea, I guess so...

And look on the bright side: there was evidence of more than one drive.

I guess so. But hell, the day I actually make contact with one wil be the day I explore all of Nevada.

... agreed.

I walked back down the mountain.

Comment

The Gray Market

"Nice to meet you.", John said as he nodded to Zed.

"I was wondering if you had something like a dropshield that can heal people and a resuscitating defibrillator, one that you can stick to someone's chest.", John said.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

The Gray Market

"Well, I do have regenerative shields which heal ya when equipped, and as for the deefib, you don't need that thing. I have a Dahl Revive Unit, you just go up to someone you need to revive, wait a few seconds, and they're as fit as a fiddle." Zed explained.

Somewhere in Nevada

"Nice shot." Hank said.

"Thanks." Christoff replied.

Sanford then sighed, and handed a large wad of cash to Deimos, who put it in his pocket.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

The Gray Market

"The Dahl Revive Unit sounds good. As for the regenerative shields, do you have one that can also be configured to cover a wide radius, to support groups?", John asked Zed.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

The Gray Market

"Well, I guess I could modify one of those Scorpio turrets I have around here to do that, but it'll cost you extra." Zed said.

Comment

The Gray Market

"How much?", John asked.
                sigpic

Comment

I reached the foot of the mountain and met up with everyone.

"Pretty smooth shooting, Christoff. Except now, it's kinda... gone."

Shikieiki walked up to me.

"I'm sorry, Otori, but what if you couldn't control it? What if it were too much for you? I couldn't take the risk."

"Nah, it's alright. Just... how the hell am I to help out now? I'm not a character like you, or blood covered assassins like Sanford and Deimos. I'm certainly not Christ nor an expert killer like Hank. I'm just... me."

"Well... I'd rather have you as you than you as someone who cannot remember their friends."

"... right."

Comment

Somewhere in Nevada

"You would have been consumed by the drive's power. It was for your, and everyone's own good." Christoff said. The ground then rumbled, and the sky cracked above them.

"Shit! Normality restoration, run!" Deimos said, hopping in the truck and starting it. Sanford, Hank, and Christoff following suit, dragging Shiki and Otori into the back of the van and drove off as the sky cracked, opening and releasing a huge energy burst where they just were. More cracks in the sky appeared, sending out more bursts, explosions rocking and cracking the ground.

The Gray Market

"I don't know exactly, probably 1000 bucks more. This crap is quite expensive, you know?" Zed said.

Comment

I was dragged to the back of the van, watching as reality was coming back into focus.

"Dammit! So how do you expect us to escape reality?!"

Wow, that sounded a lot better out loud...

Comment

The Gray Market

"Understood.", John said as he nodded.

"How much would all that be?", John asked Zed.
                        sigpic

Comment

Gensokyo

"How many men have we lost...?" Reimu asked a lady with wild brown hair and earmuffs: Toyosatomimi no Miko.
                          "Only a couple thousand fairies... they will resurrect at their own house within hours, but I fear that they will take this advantage to take Nameless Hill." Miko responded.
                          "We need to start sending Youkais down there to be able to take back the ground." Byakuren said as she rose from the ground, finished healing the wounded human volunteers.
                          "No, we need to wait for Yukari-"
                          "And how's Yukari arriving going to help?" Miko argued. "The invaders are taking their positions forward one step at a time. Within hours, the human village might be breached."
                          "We just have to wait and see. She did tell us someone's coming."
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Somewhere in Nevada

"We're not trying to escape reality, we're trying to survive it!" Deimos said.

Suddenly, the sound of static was getting louder and louder, red coming around everyone's vision.

"I don't think someone wants us to survive." Christoff said, reloading his rifle, as a large street sign, with a large exclamation mark on it popped out of the ground, the words 'DANGER!' coming in the middle of everyone's vision.

The Gray Market

"It all comes up to about...2950 bucks. Cash, or credit?" Zed asked.

Comment

"Wait, Danger? In my... FUCK, I HOPE MY GUESSES ARE WRONG!!!"

Comment

The Gray Market

"Cash.", John said as he gave Zed the money and received his Regenerative Dropshield Scorpio Turret and his Dahl Revive Unit.

"Thank you.", John said as he left the store and walked over to Sam.

"Done. I'm ready.", John said as he placed all of his items in the most convenient places possible.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X