X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John's Apartment - Tokyo - Japan

Renamon opted to sleep below the window frame, feeling the moonŽs shine calmed the fox and in moments she fell into the dream world
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

As X runs his scans odd images fill his mind. Visions of him in some sort of capsule in a laboratory. An old man in a lab coat walks up to the capsule X was in.

"I see you are awake X." Said the old man "Who... who are you?" Asked X as the old man looks at X, and gives him a warm smile. "My name is Doctor Thomas Light your creator, you father X." Said the scientist as X looks around the lab. The lab appears to be filled with various offline robots. X turns back to Dr. Light "Dr. Light... can I ask you a question?" Asked X as the Dr. Light pushes a few buttons on X's capsule. "Yes my son. You can ask me anything you wish my son." Replied the kind doctor. X looks down at his body which is still being built. "What am I?" Asked X as he turns to Dr. Light. Dr. Light looks at X "You are a robot X though you are not any ordinary robot. You are the first robot to be able to think, and feel a robot that will change the world for the better one day X." Said the old doctor as X's vision goes blank.

Every time X runs his scans these same images always play in X's mind as though they are dreams. No matter how much X tries to understand them he just can't... He always saw this Dr. Light whenever he got his armor upgrades as well, but even then he does not fully know who this Dr. Light is. Are these 'dreams' just false memories, or are they true? Shortly after the dream ends X's scans stop indicating they are complete. X's body slumps against a wall as he goes into sleep mode for the night.

Comment

Time: 11:30 PM

"Let's see if I can contact her-"
        "Who are you contacting?" It was Yukari, with her whimsical self again. Due to Yukari gapping in front of Yuuka again, Yuuka fell back to her chair, which leaned back too far and fell, carrying Yuuka with it.

"Oh oops, ahehehe." Yukari laughed. Yuuka clenched her fists and gritted her teeth in anger. "So what did you need me for?"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

John could hardly believe his eyes. A hole opened up right in front of Yuuka and knocked her down. The woman from before then slipped out standing on the other side of the table.

"So what did you need me for?"

"Actually, I asked her to bring you here. You see, after getting fed a false set of info on my helmet, I looked further into Yuuka's identity. Eventually, spirit named Mima told me about Yuuka being a Youkai.

After Yuuka told me, she said that knowing this information most likely destroyed the border around Gensokyo or that it may have killed every person there.
          I am not the kind of person to go killing innocents, even if it is by accident... I guess what I'm trying to ask is this. Did I really mess things up by finding out about Youkai?
          Did I really destroy the border, and did I kill anybody?"

John asked this calmly, readying himself for the worst-case scenario.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Renamon woke up with the floristŽs falling down and saw the gap controller floating in front of her. The vixen got up and walked towards them

"IŽll guess that you are Yukari am I right? Im Renamon" The fox said greeting the youkai and then asked I have some questions If you let me do them though"
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Time: 11:35 PM

At the vixen's introduction, Yukari nodded, tipping her hat.

"Did I really mess things up by finding out about Youkai? Did I really destroy the border, and did I kill anybody?"
              Yukari understood this. He was worried. Deep behind his armor and his trained body, his heart was still full of gallantry. Yukari liked people like this, so she decided to help him out.
              "The worst thing that can happen and the best thing that can happen," Yukari answered. "happened."
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

"The worst thing that can happen and the best thing that can happen,...happened."

John was a little taken aback by her answer.

"So you're saying that the border fell AND everyone died?", John asked, barely showing his emotional state, trying to hide it.
                Last edited by S121; 05-01-2013, 11:06 PM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Seeing that Yukari nodded to her request, Renamon asked first "I understand that you are a powerful being and that you have great knowledge so I have two questions. The first one is how did you know where we needed to go to the warehouse? I expect that you are good at spying with that gap controlling power"

After the first question the fox seemed rather frustated with the second question "Im searching for a group of humans who destroyed my village in the forest close to this city, do you.. happen to have any information about that?

Spoiler:

Comment

(For those wondering, Yuuka hit her head on a wall and fell unconscious.)
                    Not like this unconscious:
                    but like this unconscious:

Time: 11:40 PM

Perhaps Miko might've been the right person to bring here. Yukari thought. She decided to answer John first.
                    "Gensokyo is a world that is separated from the real world by a border called Hakurei Barrier, developed by me and the shrine maidens of Hakurei Shrine. Currently, Reimu Hakurei is the shrine maiden, and I, as a Youkai of boundary, aid her in development and management of Hakurei Barrier." Yukari stated. "The fact that the existence of Youkai is known at the outside world means that the Hakurei Barrier crumbles, so yes, the border has been crumbled and Gensokyo is now visible. However, thanks to ample preparation by the smartest minds of Gensokyo, we were able to find a way to preserve every Youkais' lives."

"You see, the Youkai Mountain that resides within Gensokyo is a massive volcano that has died ever since Hell of Blazing Fire has been replaced with the new Hell." Yukari continued. "And there is a blowhole near the foot of the mountain that leads to the old Hell, now populated by Oni, Satori, and other shunned Youkai species. By coming up with an agreement with the Youkai of the underground, we were able to evacuate all Youkai into the Old Hell, thus preventing an all-out Youkai extinction."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Somewhere on the Japanese Coast

Mima had been flying away from Tokyo for about an hour now, and had surprisingly made it to the coast before dawn as well. She settled down near what seemed to be a fishing town. Just what she needed, a boat. She formed a pair of legs and headed into town, not even receiving slight glances as she did back in Tokyo, which was good, and made her feel a little less perturbed and less out of place here. She headed towards the main dock, which was of sturdy steel construction, and seemingly made for transporting large amounts of people. A large ship came into the port, looking a little worn, with cargo containers neatly lined up on the front of the ship. Ice chips were scattered on the sides of the ship, meaning it had seen a lot of voyages. The nameplate was somewhat scratched, but she could make out the word "Borealis" on the side of it, with an odd logo next to it reading "Aperture Labo-" with the rest being scratched off.

A blad man came down to the dock, looking at Mima with interest. The man seemed to be balding, and wore geeky glasses and a worn lab coat with a pocket protector on the front.

"Ah, you must be a fellow character, I presume?" the man asked.

She cringed at the word "character". She hated that word, made her feel more like an object than anything else.

"I don't like that term, but yes, I am. Why do you ask?" she replied.

"I'm transporting characters back and forth between contenients, as it seems that the governments of the world don't like us travelling that much, so I have this ship, and I ferry people across the oceans. Oh, sorry, I do get ahead of myself at times, I am Isaac Kliener, scientist, and more recently traveler, as I have mentioned. I can get you anywhere you need, for a price of course."

Mima knew exactly what to do at the word scientist.

"Would you take things other than money?" Mima asked.

"Why yes, we do trade a few things throughout several continents, actually." Kliener replied. "Do you have something of value you would give up?"

Mima dug into her bag and pulled out a large glowing stone, a Philosopher's Stone. Kliener's eyes lit up like headlights as he saw it.

"My god, that is a perfect specimen of crystal, i'll take it full heartily!" Kliener said, taking the stone with great care.

"It's a Philosopher's Stone, if you're wondering." she replied.

"Oh yes, I am very interested. Come aboard, i can give you a little tour. We set off in the morning after we refill the ship's fuel." Kliener then went back towards the ship, Mima following right behind him.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Aaaah, Half-Life 2 references. Lovely.

After answering John, Yukari turned to Renamon.
                        "To answer your question," Yukari pointed out. "I'm going to require your help as well. But here's the answer."
                        "Even before the Characters started appearing into the outside world, I've been around, observing changes of events, rise and fall of power, those likes." Yukari said. "Right before you guys made a ruckus in the downtown, I was taking a leisurely walk around Adachi District, and I see a blue-skinned man: Ryze the Rogue Mage from the world called Runeterra. Amongst him was ten to twelve men, most likely Neo-Yakuza members, carrying cargo crates: big and small. From there I knew that they were affiliated with some sort of violent act, and looked for any Characters nearby who can liberate them."
                        "To answer your second question, I would recommend you try to find a were-hakutaku by the name of Keine. Her knowledge in history is beyond me, so she should be able to know about it."
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

"You see, the Youkai Mountain that resides within Gensokyo is a massive volcano that has died ever since Hell of Blazing Fire has been replaced with the new Hell." Yukari continued. "And there is a blowhole near the foot of the mountain that leads to the old Hell, now populated by Oni, Satori, and other shunned Youkai species. By coming up with an agreement with the Youkai of the underground, we were able to evacuate all Youkai into the Old Hell, thus preventing an all-out Youkai extinction."

John was at least relieved that he didn't kill anyone, but there was still the border to worry about.

"Can it be fixed?"
                          sigpic

Comment

Renamon heard the gap controllerŽs explanation and nodded to her request "Allright, what do you need me to do?"

Spoiler:

Comment

*Made-up. I don't know if Hakurei Border is refixed this way.
                              "It is possible that you can reverse the Hakurei Border. However, it is up to Reimu to decide whether she wills it up or not. Recently she's been pouting a lot, and this incident is putting her on-edge." Yukari responded to John, then faced Renamon.
                              "I have a fox shikigami like you, named Ran Yakumo. Ran also has a shikigami named Chen. Recently we couldn't find Chen anywhere, and that's making Ran worry. I want you to see if you can keep an eye out for this nekomata." Yukari answered, handing Renamon a piece of photo. Chen was circled with a red marker.

sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Renamon took the photo and looked at both the cat girl and fox girl, the latter had similar features with the vixen, and the cat girl looked like a child. Renamon then remembered her village, no one survived, it was a total massacre, not even children survived at it. The fox looked at the gap controller with serious eyes and said

"IŽll do everything I can to find your friend and get her back" The fox had a little growl on her tone, but she had good intentions.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X