X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinki's Palace - Makai - Gensokyo

Seeing Shou revived, Shinki sighed in relief. Now Byakuren won't have anything to yell at her about.
    "Now that that is over," Shinki announced. "You guys may rest until I take the Keyblader to the Heart of Gensokyo. If you are hungry, there is the dining hall straight down the hallway."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

(Well.. its now the second time)

Renamon was glad everyone was ok, except for X who was still recovering, but going better atleast, yet the fox felt left out as her doubt couldn´t be answered again.

("They are probably too busy for my questions") the fox thought looking at the now ok guard again. ("I wonder how is the one I saved") she thought while leaving again looking at the bullet, its shine was rather frightening as the little piece of metal pierced her back on the battle at the warehouse.

Renamon just walked towards a window and seated on its frame looking at the view of the place called Makai. "Another night with growing doubts.. so much of a good result huh?" she asked to herself still seating on the frame of the window
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

John saw Renamon leave the room. Through all this commotion, nobody on the team really talked to one another. John followed her, to see what she was up to.

"Another night with growing doubts.. so much of a good result huh?"

"What do you mean?", John said, finally revealing his presence.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

(Something for Kristia to chew on when he/she gets back)
          Shinki's Palace - Makai, Gensokyo

Sara was discharged earlier from the infirmary, and was wandering aroun the palace, eating a corn dog and looking for something interesting to do until she saw her formal enemy, the golden vixen, sitting on a window frame looking out to the skies of Makai. Hoping to strike a conversation, Sara approached the vixen.

"Can I join you?" Sara asked the vixen.

[Edit]I promised Nitori, so Im giving Nitori.

US Pentagon, USA

After an extreme amount of security check, Nitori was admitted to the weapon development laboratory of the Pentagon. Sheesh, these guys are even more of a shut-in than the Tengus.

"Step this way, Nitori, and I'll show you our lab." Lt. Trelawney said, and Nitori followed. They reached a large test area where a large mech suit was being tested.
          "This is Mech-Soldier suit, Model Ezekiel." Lt. Trelawney commented. "It is our second manpowered battlesuit designed for ranged fighting. However, one of the function, artillery shell, is not going into the trajectory as planned, so the mass distribution is currently not validated."
          "Artillery shell not hitting the target?" Nitori reiterated, and then observed the battlesuit's artillery cannon at the back. It was supported by a vertically-moving joystick that moved as the wearer controlled. Everything looked fine, but what can be improved?"
          "Why don't you turn the joystick compatibility to touchpad system, and turn the vertical-locomotion into 8-way, like a regular joystick is supposed to be?" Nitori suggested. "That way, the touchpad will sync with the joystick, moving automatically to the location corresponding to the tapped location on the minimap. I can do it in about 3 hours."
          "Creating another suit for experimentation is going to cost the government 20 million dollars, and we can't afford that much to an idea that may or may not work." Lt. Trelawney opposed the plan.
          "Then give me one of the older models. I won't even ask for any tools; all I need is my tools in my backpack."
          Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 05-06-2013, 02:35 AM.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
            (Something for Kristia to chew on when he/she gets back)
            (Hey... im not a dog >_>)

Shinki's Palace - Makai, Gensokyo

Renamon was sitting on the window frame until she heard foot steps from behind, the fox looked back and saw both the soldier and the guard she fought. "Im glad you are ok, Didn´t have the chance to see you and apology for the battle" she said with relief to the guard.

To answer John´s question, Renamon looked at the view again and explained "Well.. in less than 48 hours we changed from a normal police officer and a traveler into warriors against an organization who kidnaps characters and makes them slaves, and in these two days, we have only fought and fought, and what ocurred today was in fact what we wanted to avoid occurred, we fought against people who wanted to protect their lands and we almost killed them"

With that the vixen looked at her digivice thinking on what to do
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Well.. in less than 48 hours we changed from a normal police officer and a traveler into warriors against an organization who kidnaps characters and makes them slaves, and in these two days, we have only fought and fought, and what ocurred today was in fact what we wanted to avoid occurred, we fought against people who wanted to protect their lands and we almost killed them."

"Ahh. So that's the problem. It's all too much to take in all at once. I also understand your concern with the battle earlier. You have to realize that sometimes, despite our best intentions, things go wrong. It's not your fault we got into this mess, it's mine. If anything, you were the one trying to mediate the situation. It just happened to be that they either wanted to fight, or that they were bound by duty.
              The good news is that they are all going to be fine. Heck, the girl I fought just laughed at me for sitting on a chair and breaking through it...

If it makes you feel better, I was in your situation right now, when I was on my first mission. I had to fight rebels on my home world. Some of those people, I actually knew as a child.
              They were simply defending their ideals, but both of us were bound by duty and ideals, to fight. It may be hard, but at least you tried to take the higher road.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

"All's well that ends well." Sara added. "All of us are safe, and as a gatekeeper, that's all there is to it."

Pentagon - Washington DC, USA

"Here you go," Lt. Trelawney said as he pressed a red button. A vault door opened in response, revealing a large battlesuit. "Model Ezra. A bit outdated, but it worked fine during the war against China. It's now discontinued because of the Model Ezekiel."

Nitori observed the battlesuit. The helmet covered the top half of the face, with motion-sensor HUD and temperature control pad. The chestplate and the torso area had numerous minor dents, telling the tales of its hard-fought battles. It was a bit outdated, sure, but given time, Nitori could make use of this battlesuit and reclaim its glory once again.

"This is great. Thanks. I just need to clear this area now." Nitori said as she unzipped her backpack and pulled a disc-like object, high-school textbook-sized. She then placed it on the ground, and pressed the top button.

The disc started to whirl and transform. First it developed a small metallic platform. Then it enveloped various computer devices: keyboards, monitors, touchpads. Then, Nitori took out compact mechanical box. The box, when Nitori pressed a similar button on top, de-compacted itself into a storage full of futuristic tools.

"What is-" Lt. Trelawney asked, half-speechless.
                "I wanted to carry my tools everywhere I went, but I couldn't hold all those messy junk around. So I developed a way to nano-compact everything into a portable container that I can fit in my backpack." Nitori explained as she stepped onto the platform. The computer attached to the platform began to run a diagnostic system.

"Initiating Diagnostics System. General Analysis Program, Clear. Development & Test Software, Clear. Emergency Evac Device, Clear. All Systems Normal. EVE-025 operational. Good afternoon, commander." A mechanized voice of a woman began to spoke.

"Good morning, Eve." Nitori greeted back. "Let's get working."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Shinki's Palace Infirmary - Makai, Gensokyo.

As X watches Eirin begin her little operation a look of calmness comes over his face. He goes into sleep mode while she continues to work on him. The color in his eyes go dull. As he does the gem on his head starts to flicker on as though something is going to happen.

Comment

Shinki's Palace - Makai, Gensokyo.

Renamon kept gazing at the view from the window frame. "I know what you mean, I also have had my own wars" she said remembering the Devas and the D-reaper.

"Traveling between worlds is something very few of my people could do, and most of them wanted to destroy both the Digital and the Human world, we were only six at the beginning, three humans and three creatures against armies of digital destructors, some called us traitors since we allied with the humans, there was this group called Devas, it was made of twelve digimon of almost god-like power, they wanted to control both worlds and they almost did if it wasn´t for us. the fox said remembering those lethal battles

"In the end we managed to stop them and a new threat appeared, the D-reapper, it was at first only a computer virus, but as she destroyed more human archives, she obtained more power and slowly reached the Digital world consuming everything on its path. Renamon said and looked at her digivice "She reached the human world and almost destroyed the whole city we were living. We lost many friends while trying to survive that massacre, but finally we erased her from existense"

After that, Renamon caressed the digivice and looked at its strap, there was a red gem attached to it. the vixen touched it and sighed

Spoiler:

Comment

John listened to Renamon's story. After that, he gave some advice.

"Just remember, sometimes good people have to do bad things. It doesn't make them evil, it just means that they had no other choice."
                      sigpic

Comment

"Run the analysis on the suit's weapon capacity for me, Eve." Nitori asked. The computer attached to the platform, Eve, whirred and scanned the model Ezra, now on the platform.
                        "Running General Analysis Program." Eve beeped. "6 articles of weaponry found."
                        "How many of them are considered heavy?" Nitori inquired again. Eve whirred and displayed two firearms.
                        "Total of two weaponries considered heavy." Eve beeped, and opened the descriptions of each heavy firearms. One of them was called Steyr AMR, a compact shrapnel bazooka that fired a piercing bolt. Another was named M-137 Gatling Gun, a gatling-gun famous for being used by a world-known mercenary known as "Heavy Weapons Guy."
                        "Only two?" Nitori groaned. She took out her pen and paper, and started to sketch her view of the suit.
                        "Those weapons are built by Commodore Gunner from Arad." Lt. Trelawney commented. "His arsenal of weapons are beyond this world and this time, and we can only replicate it to something that is 1/16th of the true destructive capabilities of them."
                        "Is that so?" Nitori contemplated. "Then, I'll recreate those weapons to reach the original's capabilities."
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

As arcane probes fixated the machine-man's wounds, Eirin returned from her leave, bringing with her some sort of a soup.
                          "You must be hungry." Eirin said to X. "I don't know if machine-man like you can eat human food, but here's some clam chowder from the dining hall."
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Shinki's Palace Infirmary - Makai, Gensokyo

As Eirin finishes her wounds X turns to her subconsciously. His currently dull eyes looking straight at her. The cracks in his armor are no longer currently present, and his fuel cells are also repaired. Most of his systems are currently fine. He turns back to look at the ceiling as the gem on his helmet begins glowing. A small hologram appears out of his helmet. The hologram is a prerecorded message from X's creator Dr. Thomas Light.
                            MHXLight.jpg

"Hello my name is Thomas Light. I am the one who designed and built Mega Man X. I granted X special powers that no other machine of this time possesses . I-" The hologram cuts to static, and the message stops. The hologram disappears and X boots back up.

X sits up and holds his head. "I feel like I was just hit by a truck..." He says as he looks around the room before turning to Eirin. He then looks at his body and sees that he is fully healed surprisingly. "D-Did you... do this?" Said X as he slowly stands up. He looks at Eirin and slowly takes a few steps forward. He still feels a little odd, as though he feels something he hasn't before. He can't put his finger on it, but this feeling is familiar. It's a bad feeling as though he did something horrible, but for the life of him he can't remember.

Deep within the Pentagon an odd capsule containing a red machine starts beeping. Scientists quickly surround the capsule examining it. It looks as though the capsule is about to open. Suddenly the capsule begins to send off a sort of alarm.
                            "WARNING! WARNING! EMERGENCE IMMINENT!"
                            Said a prerecorded message as the capsule slowly begins to open. The capsule creaks open, and as it does large cloud of steam escapes the capsule. The capsule stops opening as the sounds of gears moving and grinding can be heard.

(Capsule has locked up completely. Zero is still in his slumber state, but the capsule is halfway open and it is jammed.)
                            Last edited by NeoFox; 05-07-2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Shinki's Palace Infirmary - Makai, Gensokyo

"D-Did you... do this?"
                              "No I did not..." Eirin responded. "It must be an unforeseen side-effect for those with part-machine ligaments. Perhaps if we pry into your minds a little, we could see what that man wanted to tell us."
                              "I could bring Satori over..." Yukari brought an idea hesitantly. "But I doubt she'll help an outsider. She freaked out about Reimu when she entered the Palace of Earth Spirits to find Utsuho."

[Spacefiller until Zero is introduced!]
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Shinki's Palace Infirmary - Makai - Gensokyo

"D-Did you... do this?"

John heard X's voice. His teammate was back to normal condition.

"Renamon, X is back."

John walked over to the room, to see Eirin's handiwork.

What John saw amazed him. X was in perfect condition. No scratches, no dents, no nothing.

"How? What did you use to do that?", John asked Eirin.
                                Last edited by S121; 05-07-2013, 01:05 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X