X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This took a long time to research and create this little tid-bit of information. Stuff has obviously been taken from the Wiki. I hope you enjoy...

Shinki's Palace - Makai - Gensokyo

John sat down to read the book that Eirin gave him. He started by reading the cover.

(Danmaku for ⑨s. What's a ⑨? Oh well.)

John continued reading.

(What is Danmaku?

Danmaku (弾幕, literally bullet curtain or curtain fire) is a Japanese term for "barrage", as in a barrage of bullets.
    It consists of various "bullets" (ie. orbs, lasers, kunai, knives, etc.), and usually follows a predetermined pattern. Danmaku plays an important part in ensuring the balance of Gensokyo.
    It is used to solve conflicts between weaker and stronger beings peacefully. Without Danmaku, stronger Youkai would easily be able to subjugate the weak, causing a disruption in the balance of power.

Rules of Danmaku (Draft of Spell Card Rules).

Spell Naming Law - With every spell between youkai, there is the slight fear of Gensokyo's decay. However, if it is not used, a youkai's power will gradually vanish.
    Therefore, I propose the following contract for spell card use.

Concepts - That youkai can easily cause disasters. That humans can easily resolve disasters. That use of one's full abilities is to be denied. That there are no things superior to beauty and thought.

Laws of Danmaku-

- Each spell shall be given a beautiful and meaningful name.

- The number of named spells to be used shall be announced beforehand.

- Attacks relying on physical strength are not to be used.

- Do not attack without reason. Reason becomes its own power.

- If all your named spells are defeated, you are defeated, regardless of your remaining strength.

- If victorious against a human, you may not kill them.

- The name of the spell shall be recorded on paper in the same form as this contract.

- This paper will be called the "spell card".

What is a Spell Card?

A spell card is a piece of paper used to cast danmaku. The spell card must have the name of the danmaku pattern on one of its sides. The spell card is essentially the manifestation of one's belief and reason for fighting.
    If the wielder's reasons are just, and if the wielder's belief in those reasons are absolute, the spell card will be stronger.
    Without belief or a reason, the spell card becomes nothing more than a piece of paper.

Making a Spell Card

Making a spell card can be complicated for beginners, but that is why this book was created. One needs to only have a basic understanding of magic, and a piece of paper.

First, you must have a valid reason for creating the spell card. One can not create a spell card with the intent to harm others, or else it will not work.

Second, you must believe in the reason. Ideas, or beliefs, are powerful tools when creating spell cards. Ideas and beliefs can not be destroyed,therefore, they are eternal.

Third, you must have a pattern planned inside your head. It is recommended that you make it colorful and intricate.

Once you have all these requirements, you are ready to begin.

Grab the piece of paper and focus on it.
    Focus all of your will and spirit into the card. Focus all your reason and belief in that reason into the card. This state of concentration must not be broken, and should be held for at least one hour.
    Once finished, one must focus their will, spirit, reason, and beliefs into the task of writing the name of the card. Words carry meaning.
    Because of that, they serve as a vessel for allowing ideas to manifest into the physical realm.

Once you finish writing the name of the spell card, you are finished.

Conclusion

Congratulations! You now have an understanding of Danmaku. May it serve you well in your adventures!)

John finished reading the book, reflecting on everything he learned from it.
    Last edited by S121; 05-08-2013, 12:16 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Test Chamber - Pentagon

Zero's eyes widen as he sees that the Blitzcrank has left itself open for an attack. Quickly out of sheer instinct Zero dash jumps onto the mechanical golems body again. This time he to defeat the golem once and for all with yet another series of slashes from his Z-Saber, ending it with a stab to the head.

Comment

Shinki's Palace - Makai - Gensokyo

After reading the book, John got up and put the book into one of his storage compartments.

*grrrrrwwlllll*

John looked down.

(Oh yea...Yukari interrupted us before we got to eat. I wonder if they have a place to eat...)

John walked over to Eirin and asked, "Do you know if they have a kind of mess hall in the palace? Yukari brought us here before we got to eat dinner."
        Last edited by S121; 05-08-2013, 04:58 AM.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

(Ahem. Mentlegen.)
          Test Chamber - Pentagon

The final relentless combo cut Blitzcrank's head, revealing a complex of circuits and wires.
          "This time, I am leaking..." Blitzcrank bleeped weakly before unpowering.

"Splendid." Mr. Johanssen said. "Get ready for the next battle."
          The iron gate swung open, and a well-built man with cold, freezing aura.
          "Ah, challenger." The icy ninja uttered as his name was announced.
          "Name: Sub-Zero. Category: Forbidden Project. Danger Level: Medium."
          "Begin." Mr. Johanssen ordered.
          "Let us have a good sparring." Sub-Zero said as he drew his cold katars.

Shinki's Palace - Pandemonium, Gensokyo

"Oh you're done with the book?" Eirin stood up as John approached her. "There is a dining hall right by the hallway."
          "Eirin-san, I'll be leaving now." The pink-haired ghost, Yuyuko, said as she stood up to leave the infirmary.
          "Ah, see you later, Miss Saigyouji." Eirin bid farewell to Yuyuko, who left the infirmary. "So, anything in the booklet you had questions about?"
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Shinki's Palace - Pandemonium - Gensokyo

"So, anything in the booklet you had questions about?"

"Yes. What's a ⑨?"
            Last edited by S121; 05-08-2013, 10:41 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Test Chamber - Pentagon

Zero jumped off the now defeated Blitzcrank, and rubs his neck. He looks at Sub-Zero with a raised eyebrow. "Looks like the real fun is beginning." Zero said as he readied his Z-Saber. Zero can tell that this opponent is going to be a bit more of a challenge than the previous two. A more calmed look comes over Zero's face as he gets into a fighting position. Zero does not utter a word, in fact he just watches his opponent closely waiting for his opponent to strike.

X continues to walk outside the infirmary. Looking at the architecture makes him kind of happy for the first time in a long time. Though the thought that he had done something bad continues to echo through his head. "I can't remember anything... I just blacked out..." He said to himself as he continues walking. He looks at his arm and transforms it into the X-Buster. He does nothing but look at it as he goes deep into thought. He sighs as he slumps up against a wall.

Comment

"Ah, we learned through the shikigami from the outside world (computer) that there are series of informational book called "For Dummies." And what better way to parody that with our local baka, the ⑨?" Eirin cheerfully smiled.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Shinki's Palace - Pandemonium - Gensokyo

"Ah, we learned through the shikigami from the outside world (computer) that there are series of informational book called "For Dummies." And what better way to parody that with our local baka, the ⑨?"

"Ahh. I see."

John saw Yuyuko getting up out of her seat, to go to the dining hall.

"Well Eirin, thank you for everything you have done. I should probably follow her if I want to find the dining hall.", John said, pointing at Yuyuko.

John then proceeded to follow Yuyuko to the dining hall.
                  Last edited by S121; 05-08-2013, 12:37 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Somewhere in the Sea of Japan

The Category G had rose beside the boat again, wailing, summoning lower creatures from holes in it's sides.

"Master Spark!" Mima yelled again, the laser penetrating one of the glowing orbs on the creature's side, almost exploding, revealing it's glowing interior, and spinal cord. The creature moaned in pain, submerging yet again and appearing behind the boat.

"Say hello to Love and Hate, putas!" Salvador said, hefting a rocket launcher in each hand, firing rockets into the creature's mouth, causing it to retreat once more.

Suddenly, the boat shook, almost knocking everyone off balance. It was trying to ram the boat with it's spines.

"We need to deal with that thing, or we'll be nothing but free floating particles!" Kliener said.

The creature rose from the side, charging with it's open maw, almost engulfing the boat.

"TWILIGHT SPARK!" Mima yelled, the laser channeling all of her energy, straight into it's maw. The creature then almost seemingly exploded, showering the boat and sea in the yellow liquid-like substance, and it suddenly getting colder.
                    Last edited by Koishi; 05-08-2013, 12:45 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Test Chamber - Pentagon

Sub-Zero took his stance and lunged at Zero, his cold blades ready at hand. His blades were imbued with body-numbing magic from another Forbidden Project subject that Sub-Zero knew well. This magic spell would cut deeply into the enemy cut by the blade, eventually slwoing the target down to a halt.Sub-Zero brandished his blades, hoping for a strike, as he took a defensive foot stance in case his opponent would pursue aggressive play.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Shinki's Palace (Dining Hall) - Pandemonium - Gensokyo

John followed Yuyuko to the dining hall. The dining hall was a grand room with intricate designs and crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

Unsure of the procedures to get food, he mimicked Yuyuko's actions.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Hello Louise." Yuyuko greeted the server, Louise. "What's today's special?"
                          "Clam chowder." Louise answered. "I got some sweet potato breads from the Aki Sisters, too. They're divine, if you catch my drift."
                          "Ahaha, nice." Yuyuko laughed, "I'll take servings for 3."
                          "Right you are." Louise said, and turned to John. "And how can I help you?"
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Somewhere on the border of New York state

Marisa was travelling south since her earnings at the Inventory, and stopped in a little town on the border of New York, and she lied down in a small, albeit nice hotel room, switching on the television to watch the chaos known as the news.

"Breaking News has just occurred in the Sea of Japan, where one of the Category G Akrid has been killed. This is the first ever Cat G Akrid to be killed, and is a big breakthrough in fighting them, since they have appeared all over the planet. The Cat G, which has been dubbed by many to be known as Red Eye, and was killed by a group of four characters known as Salvador, Kliener, DAR, Pontius, and Mima. The other four claim that Mima did most of the work, and that she should get the reward, though she has rejected these claims." the news reporter said.

Marisa chuckled. "So, that's where Mima's been, ze? Well, I guess I know where i'm going."

"The killing of the Cat G, however has caused mass amounts of energy, dubbed thermal energy, to be released, causing massive climate change around the Sea of Japan, and for it to start to freeze over. The Japanese, Korean, and Chinese governments are dealing with the situation as we speak, and may mean for the moment that Japan may go into a deep freeze if not handled soon." the news reporter continued. "The four have not been seen since the incident, but rumors have been circulating that they may have headed to Russia, to escape the wrath of the three governments."

Marisa switched off the TV, and headed out of the room, checking out and flying across the border on her broomstick.
                            Last edited by Koishi; 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

"I'll take servings for 3."

(3? 3 meals? At least I have a reason for eating a lot, I'm larger and have a higher metabolism due to my augmentations. Maybe she's taking it back to the Infirmary...)

"And how can I help you?"

John's attention snapped right back to reality.

"I'll take 2 servings of clam chowder and sweet potatoes."
                              sigpic

Comment

(Shouldn't Korean Government be worried about it, too? Seeing how Sea of Japan is right next to them... (And I believe the proper name was the East Sea... being used for over 2000 years.)

"I'll take 2 servings of clam chowder and sweet potatoes."
                                "Right you are." Louise happily prepared John's meals expertly, pouring two bowls of clam chowder and placing several sweet potato breads. "Here you go, enjoy your meal."
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X