X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient City

"I am pretty fortunate then." Yukari yawned and climbed onto the bed and into the blankets. "So many things happened today... We fought and defeated one of the strongest beings in the universe... I died in the process, but somehow was sent back to the living, party, and now here we are. I wonder if every day is going to be like this."

It was past midnight.

"But I guess that does not matter right now." Yukari corrected herself, gazing through the darkness into John. "Good night, John."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Ancient City

It was dark in the room, but John could see just fine, seeing Yukari staring right back at him.

"Goodnight, Yukari.", John said to Yukari as he gave a smile to her.

John was silent for a moment as he walked over to the corner of the room and began to remove each piece of armor from himself. John was a little hesitant to remove the Darkness shell from his leg, but when he did, he saw that his leg had completely healed. as John disassembled his armor, he decided to speak a little bit more.

"Actually, you fought and defeated him. Sure, we helped here and there, but you were the one that stopped him in the end.", John said as he took out his allen wrench and removed each piece of armor, gently laying them on the ground in the corner of the room.

Once John was finished, he removed his undersuit and placed it on the ground, where he then laid his helmet on top of the black undersuit. He then approached the bed and couldn't help but feel relieved that he was finally going to be able to rest. It had been four days since he last slept. In that amount of time, he helped plan against the Devourer's invasion, fought and killed millions of Nucleoids, destroyed a giant planetary drill, infiltrated the Consumer, watched almost everyone he cared about die, fell to Earth, lost HM, attended a funeral, watched almost everyone he cared about get revived, partied, sparred against Yuuka, planned for another mission, and attended a trial. He had been shot with plasma spears, impaled through the torso by a giant scorpion, poisoned twice, had his leg mutilated, and was punched in the face. Remembering all this only served to make the bed even more inviting.

John was a little nervous about his weight and breaking the bed, but he didn't want to sleep on the floor. John slowly but surely got onto the bed and laid down, taking care not to damage the bed. The bed creaked under the weight of John's 400 pounds, but it held. After John was settled, he let out a quiet, long moan as his body finally relaxed against the surface of the bed, releasing all the tension he gathered up in the past four days.

"I don't think I would mind having every day a chaotic mess, just as long as it ends like this.", John said to Yukari as he turned his head and looked at her.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Ancient City

Yukari chuckled in agreement. "You're right. All's well that ends well."

And as she said that, she closed her eyes and fell into the dreamworld.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Ancient City

"Indeed...", John whispered to Yukari's final words as she fell asleep.

There was still some partying going on beyond the balcony, off into the depths of the Ancient City, but it wasn't enough to deter the rest that awaited John. John felt his eyes grow heavy and his body grow numb as the seconds ticked by. For the first time in a long time, John felt at peace. Sure, there were still things that he felt needed to be done, but for now, John was content with laying next to the person he loved, the one that made him feel human. As John's eyes became heavier, he thought about how drastically his life changed in the past couple of weeks. He went from a super-cop that didn't belong, to a Spartan that found his Humanity.

Just as he did on that fateful morning, John asked himself one question.

(Am I really so lucky?), John thought to himself, recalling the question from memory.

"...Yes.", John whispered, as if to answer the question he asked so long ago.

And with that, John shut his eyes and drifted off to sleep.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Purgatory

The final round went on with much-anticipated tension. The pot grew to 15,000 dollars, eliminating Daiyousei from the play because of her lack of funds.

Mokou peered into her last dealt card.

Queen of Hearts.
            Perfect.

"All in." Mokou slid all her money into the table.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Purgatory

"Raise by 2,000." The Higher Power said in a monotone voice.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Greed smiled. Queen of diamonds.

"All in!"

"Watch it, Greed. You might get bitten in the ass." Lucifer warned.

"Don't worry, boss, I got this. Come on, put down the final card!"

Comment

Purgatory

"Then we will begin the showdown." Isadora announced. "Players who haven't folded, reveal your hands."

Mokou flipped her two cards: Queen of Hearts and 10 of Hearts. With three community card, she formed a 5-card hand of Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10 of Hearts.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Purgatory

Luxord flipped both of his cards showing a Queen of Spades and a 10 of Diamond giving him a Straight. "Well I guess you got lucky. The chest of Aztec gold is all yours I guess."
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Greed put down his cards. They were... A queen of diamonds, a king of diamonds, a Jack of diamonds, an ace of diamonds, and a ten of.......

"F*CKING HELL!!!"

Spades.

Lucifer put his hand on greed's shoulder. "No worries. That's how you came to become greed, after all."

"Be lucky," Gluttony remarked. "You're the only one who knows your past."

Then, Lucifer formed into many hell ravens and reformed on the center of the table.

"Quite an entertaining game! Now then..." He pulled out a card. "Let us propose a toast!" He threw down the card. "TO HORIZON AND BEYOND!"

The card depicted a joker card... With John depicted on it. Greed, gluttony and Lucifer took a gulp of wine.

Comment

Purgatory

"Cheers." Mokou contentedly replied, unknowning of what will happen in the future.

"...cheers." Daiyousei fidgeted and replied as well, oblivious to what tragic loss awaits her.

"You upstart." Isadora scoffed, uninformed of the events that will shake the world.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Purgatory

While the other were just looking at the game Luxord was paying close attention to the cards.
                          "Do you know the rules greed? Each player is given 2 cards. In addition there is in total 5 community cards for a total of seven cards. We already have 3 of the community cards which both me and Mokou used. Then there is 5 new cards that you used. 3 + 5 adds up to 8. One more than the total amount of cards you can use. You're a obvious cheater. I tought we agreed to not cheat in these games here?"
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

Purgatory

GlaDOS retracted back through the portal, as Winslow was about to follow suit. "I am afraid I must be going. Good day to you all."

With that, Winslow stepped through the portal, and it closed. The Higher Power was about to put down his hand of cards, when they suddenly burned up in his hand.

"The hell? Okay, who rigged the cards to be spontaneously combustable?" HP asked. If one listened closely, they would hear the Auditor chuckling.
                            Last edited by Koishi; 11-18-2013, 09:54 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Greed took a drink of wine again.

"That's why I hate this god-forbidden game, I can't freaking find a cheat to use. God..."

"That's enough, Greed," Lucifer intervened. "There are unidentifiable ways to cheat. It's your history as a human that prevents you from cheating in this game efficiently."

"*grumble grumble* ... freakin' history..."

"Let's go..."

Lucifer looked over to Maribelle's direction... wait, no, Isadora!

Gluttony put his hand on Lucifer's soulder.

"It's alright, master. That choice you made to avenge her was the best one you've made. Plus...

With that HM guy, your plan is halfway through."

Snake, Otori, Huey and Gerard got off the helicopter where many soldiers were waiting.

"Welcome back, Snake." Kaz said, approaching the group. "And you too, Huey. We... needed some help with the R&D team."

"So my help wasn't enough, was it?" Dr. Strangelove said from behind Kaz.

"That's not it at all. Just that we need more people like you and Huey to finish up the modified version of ZEKE."

"Whoa," Otori said. "Can I see it? Can I see ZEKE?"

A woman said from behind. It was Amanda and her little brother Chico close by. "Hey Snake, who are they? They look like Neo-Yakuza ajentes. Did you recruit them?"

"No no," Snake said reassuringly. "They're defected agents, so they'll hold their own on the combat unit."

"Hey," Otori once again intervened. "You're Amanda, right? You're the FSLN comandante! And you're Amanda's little brother Chico!" He said, now pointing his attention to Chico."

"Yea, that's me. How do you know?"

"He's a fan of the metal gear series," Snake answered. "He pretty much knows everything about us."

"Especially your love for UMA's. Well, not to toot my own horn, but as a member of the Neo-Yakuza,I've had my fair share of monster viewing."

"Whoa, did you take pictures?"

"Did I take pictures? I took pictures of nearly a dozen! It was in my office, but I can easily get it in time. The base I used to work at is one of the lower ones, so they might not know I'm a traitor just yet."

Gerard walked up. "And as far as I know, they think I'm dead. Only the London unit knows I'm still alive. I'm Gerard Teranous."

"Gerard Teranous, huh?" Kaz said, intrigued. "So you're the one I've heard so much of. Glad to have you onboard, Gerard. You too, uh..."

"Otori. Otori Inozuka."

"BOSS!" A soldier cried. "WE HAVE A SECURITY BREACH! A GEAR REX IS ONBOARD!"

"Aw f*ck! I didn't want to hear that at all..." Otori complained.

"Everyone, to the main deck!" Snake ordered.

There is was, standing tall, looking like the abomination it is.

"Damn..." Otori said. He had gotten prepared with weapons earlier. He was a little shaken.

But then, Snake walked up by Otori.

"Hey kid," Snake said reassuringly. "We've got your back now. You belong with us now."

(You're on the edge of giving up)

"That's right," Amanda said. "Hasta la victoria siempre."

(You know I feel it too)

Kaz was in an attack chopper. "THIS IS MSF, AN ARMY WITHOUT BORDERS. NO MATTER WHERE WE COME FROM, NO MATTER OUR BELIEFS, WE ARE ALL ONE UNIT."

(It won't be long because...)

"On your mark, kid." Snake said, pointing his gun at Gear Rex, who had finally noticed them.

(I'm with you)

Otori then straightened up. He did have an army backing him up. He could feel the testosterone running. He pointed the gun.

(Bring the fire, bring the smoke, bring the rain)

"Alright... on my mark... get set...

(We will bend, but we will never break...)

FIRE!!!"

(IF WE BELIEVE, we can't lose, even mountains will move, it's our faith, it's our life, this is our battle cry! They can't take us do~own, if we stand our ground! If we live, if we die, we will shout out... OUR BATTLE CRY! Ooooo~ooooo~whoaa, can you hear it, ooooo~ooooo~whoaaa, can you feel it)

[Official AtWaG end theme]

*ring*

*ring*

... it's-a me. I've-a got the update on the boy.

I suppose you-a rest assured. The boy is-a safe.

He is-a currently working in a new organization. The man is-a with him. And of-a course the other is in the hide-out.

I'm confident that the plans will-a go as premeditated.

Oh, I'm-a sure that the green man will-a learn after the example you will-a set for him. By the way, boss, how is it that you are always prepared for these situations?

Right. Sorry for-a stepping out of line.

Right. I will-a not do it again.

Ah yes. The green man seems-a happy. Possibly because of the-a side questing.

You are admirably frightening and cruel, boss.

He cannot. After all... he is your creation... leader.

*hangs up*

End of Season One

Hey all you faithful readers of the AtWaG. Wonderweiss here (lol couldn't guess?) to tell you thank you for sticking with us to the end. We are planning on making more, of course. But I just want to remind you that you can join YukkuriCraft and be a part of not only this rp, but we could really use some help as far as the actual YukkuriCraft builds, which you came here for. If you are an artist, feel free to do some concept art for us. As a matter of fact, we encourage it! If you use DeviantArt, put AtWaG in the title for easy finding. Or you can send it to us directly and we will share it with the actual cast. Thank you all again for sticking with us and good luck and many more to come!

Btw, if you're a game producer in search of the next big thing and you have money to blow in exchange for much more... *cough*...

THANK YOU ALL (/^o^)/ \(^o^\)
                              Last edited by wonderweiss; 11-18-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I have no idea how the fuck you guys managed to end this but closing thread as per request.

Good luck on S2~

-Thread Closed As Per Request-

Comment

Working...
                                X