X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S121 View Post
    Actually, John was planning on just nuking them with a big bomb, kind of like he always does in the games.
    That wouldn't really work for multiple reasons.

1: They have the tech capable of disabling that thing even as it's coming towards them, making it a dud.
    2: They are far too spread for a bomb like that to work, without the bomb being large enough to remove a large chunk of the Earth in the process.
    3:Improbability Drives would probably make the bomb come back at you.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@mima

Because I wont be able to sleep...
      Are improbability drives a device?
      And if so could one counter the other and wipe them from existence?

Comment

@ Mima
        Improbability Drives? Oh, you're going to love Otori's dad...

Anyways, the symphony is pretty cool. I'll watch the rest tomorrow. Who knows? With my career as a violist, I might be able to become a part of the symphony if I'm lucky.

Well, I'm off. Night y'all.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Yuuka Kazami, Seasonal Flower Master
          Name: Yuuka Kazami

Game of Origin: Touhou 4 Gensokyo: Lotus Land Story

Power: Manipulation of Flower, Superb Physical and Magical Abilities.

Weapons: Her parasol is used to fire and block danmaku, or bullets that are ethereal.

Weaknesses: Like all Youkai, Yuuka is weak against weapons and abilities tied to legends and names. She is also susceptible to fire.

Appearance: Again, A picture's worth a thousand words.

Personality: A bit haphazard normally. Right now, she is extremely fragile due to her soul being split into pieces, and therefore she takes on a more cautious nature.

Morality: Chaotic Neutral

Biography: “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” - Max Muller

Yuuka was a strange Youkai, even to the Gensokyo standards. She was extremely hostile to humans, more awfully so than necessary. All she desired was to grow her sunflowers, daisies, pansies, and other flowers at her garden. Any and all oppositions or interruptions would be terminated.

To her, the warp into the real world was a hassle. She would take her flower-filled Garden of the Sun over the skyscrapers of Tokyo any day. But, the warp had some benefits. For one, she met John, a Spartan with a curious mixture of strength and naivete, and Renamon, a golden bipedal fox that spoke wisdom that implied that she is a lot older than how she looks. She met X, a fully humanoid robot with an ability to feel like a sentient being, and Aqua, an enigma wrapped in icy manners and shadowy secrets. She met old acquaintances, like Mima, a ghost that haunts Hakurei Shrine, and completely new faces, like... well, we've already covered them...

Yuuka followed with their journey as if she was being dragged along. She didn't stand out much. After she was captured by her own insanity thanks to Tricky the Clown, Yuuka became even more inclusive.

Her reclusive behavior followed until the invasion of the Devourer, a fallen angel bent on destroying worlds and challenging the Christian God. As soon as she confronted the Devourer, she was dispatched immediately, without a fight. The difference in power shocked her, but what she saw as a spirit was even more shocking. The Youkais that fought the Devourer was able to not only harm Devourer, but foil his plans. She always thought alliance was meaningless.

She now know that, having friends beside her, would make her more powerful.

Especially since her life was returned to her body.

Unfortunately, only halfway.

With her power gone, Yuuka grows weaker by the days. However, she puts her trust in her friends... in hope that her revelation rewards her.

Trauma: Yuuka dreads the day that the world will become fully industrialized, with no room for flowers to grow.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Mima

John was going to manually detonate it, and the bomb was a NOVA Bomb, a nuke capable of destroying an entire moon, along with a large chunk of the planet it's near, so it will get the job done. It has an explosive yield of 1.2 Petatons, and it's purpose reads as, "Destruction of planetary bodies or fleets."

John's only problem would be trying to find a way to get out without dying. His armor MIGHT be able to take the damage, due to the Titus Shield Reinforcements, but I'm not entirely sure, considering how powerful the bomb is.

Here's it's profile.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/NOVA_Bomb
            Originally posted by S121
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

How about we not go overboard with things....
              Again...
              Use SCAE and ACO and Organization and Organization XIII in these schemes instead of god mod super nukes and god mod reality warping drives

WE ARE TRYING TO PREVENT A DEVOURER ARC REPEAT
              Kthx

Also, planning to destroy the world on Christmas (as is in the RP)
              Seriously...I thought we wanted a fun break from this.
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-02-2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well that's the problem. If we want to speed things along with the Auditor Arc without fighting hundreds of special villain Characters and not having it stretch 1,000 pages in IC, then a super nuke would be the best option. It would eliminate most of the enemies and at the very least, postpone the Auditor Arc until they can build a new base.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo
                  If it's Christmas, then the Auditor would simply laugh even more at everyone's death. He's quite the bastard, you know.

Also, S1, their base is at the center of the galaxy, doing something likethat will simply cause the galactic core to be destroyed and for the Auditor to succeed anyways, and besides, the other villans other than The Lords of Hell, Gravemind, The Auditor himself, and my other not yet revealed character are very minor at best, and probably won't appear themselves. Their forces will though.
                  Last edited by Koishi; 12-02-2013, 12:49 AM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well John does too, so a little super nuke would at least postpone things until much later, if not outright kill everything.

Don't worry, the NOVA Bomb is the fastest option without this turning into The Devourer Incident. -_-;
                    sigpic

Comment

@s121
                      did you forget ACO's toxin?
                      And SCAE is supposed to be equiped to suppress this sort of thing with ease anyway.
                      They are the supreme character apprehension organization in a sense.
                      And I think thats what Major wanted SCAE to be. The ultimate means to prevent these things so that characters would be on equal ground under the law of the real world
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-02-2013, 12:52 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

It's a machine, not an ability.

Their base is in the center of the galaxy, so I don't think the ACO can touch them. Even if they could, I would honestly wish them luck against a reality warper, 7-9 lords of Hell, The Gravemind, and hundreds of other Characters that would gang-rape any normal human, or organization with a wonder-toxin for that matter. -_-;
                        Last edited by S121; 12-02-2013, 12:56 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Org XIII could make another improb drive (I would assume they could if they can pull characters)
                          That counters that.
                          ACO takes care of the lords of hell with the toxin that turns em mortal.
                          It would have to be an temp alliance with ACO and Org. XIII.

Comment

@Cucoo

I'm trying to make this Arc as fast as possible without it becoming like The Devourer Arc. I'm really trying to do you a favor... -_-;

Besides, I thought ACO hated Characters, and like I said, there are hundreds of Characters that would gang-rape any normal human or organization with a wonder-toxin. Trying to stop them by actual combat and gunfights would result in miserable failure, even for John.

There are some things a wonder-toxin can't solve, just as there are some things a gun can't solve.
                            sigpic

Comment

...ok do it. Just let that be the only nuke of its kind that made it to the real world so that we can move things to a story less reliant on them.

And think like an assassin and spies with ACO
                              Direct and open confrontation aint there style.
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-02-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Why can't we all be friends
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X