you are not alone.

Comment

Name: Zarem

Timezone: +1 GMT

NPC Character of Choice: Doomguy

Game of Origin: DooM

Power: No overnatural abilities.

Weapons: Mostly just a pistol and a spiked knuckleduster

Weaknesses: He's not an extraordinary person. He's just a normal person.

Appearance:

Personality: As he is in the game you don't really see any personality or emotion from him. But he sets out to fight the hordes of hell by himself so I would assume he is somewhere near the classic hero just with a gun instead of a sword and shiny armor.

Morality: Neutral Good

Biography: From DooM:
      The Doomguy, "one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for action", has been incarcerated on Mars after assaulting a senior officer when ordered to fire upon civilians. There, he works alongside the Union Aerospace Corporation (UAC), a multi-planetary conglomerate and military contractor performing secret experiments on interdimensional travel. Recently, the teleportation has shown signs of anomalies and instability, but the research continues nonetheless.

Suddenly, something goes wrong and creatures from hell swarm out of the teleportation gates on Deimos and Phobos. A defensive response from base security fails to halt the invasion, and the bases are quickly overrun by monsters; all personnel are killed or turned into zombies

A military detachment from Mars travels to Phobos to investigate the incident. The Doomguy is tasked with securing the perimeter, as the assault team and their heavy weapons are brought inside. Radio contact soon ceases and the Doomguy realizes that he is the only survivor. Being unable to pilot the shuttle off of Phobos by himself, the only way to escape is to go inside and fight through the complexes of the moon base.

From DooM II
      The Doomguy, who, after being stranded on Phobos and subsequently fighting his way out of Deimos and Hell itself, returns home to Earth — only to find that it too has fallen victim to the hellish invasion.

With all the major cities in the world in ruins, the remaining leaders plan to use spacecraft to transport the survivors of Earth's population. However, the starport is the only way for the ships to depart and the demons have protected it with a force field. All of humanity's remaining soldiers make a desperate assault on the starport, but eventually they are decimated and only the Doomguy remains.

The Doomguy manages to enter the infested starport, slay all the demons in his way and is able to shut down the force field. Humanity is able to escape, and he sits quietly waiting for death, knowing he saved his species.

Then, the remaining humans have discovered the source of the hellish invasion: the Doomguy's own hometown. He gets back into the fight and exterminates the hellspawn from the town, and finds another entryway into hell.

To close the portal, he must enter hell again to stop the invasion. After journeying through its twisted surface, the Doomguy manages to confront the Icon of Sin, a gigantic demon, and kills it. Its gruesome death causes devastation on Hell, and the portal to Earth has been sealed.

Traumas: I don't think he got any. He has faced several hell legions and survived.

Notes: Pfft, I tried to get the text screens from Doom and Doom 2 in here but it always showed up in "too small to read" size so screw that. If you get too curious there should probably be some gameplay on yourtube where the texts appears (I cba to look for them after having struggled with these text screens for almost 2½ hours now).
      I'm mostly around the evenings of my time except for weekends where I'll be around most of the day.
      What else can I put in here..? Oh yeah, I like cake. I've no idea how that is relevant for this application but now you know.

Comment

@Zarem

Looks good to me. This makes three apps cucoo have to put into the archives. I do understand that you don't have too much information as it's a very old game. Just a question. Are you sure that he doesn't have any traumas? What he have been going trough do sound like traumatic things. Seeing a ggod amount of humanity being killed and all that.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Nah, I said I don't think he got any. But since the game let's the character be as close to be the player itself as possible I guess it really has to depend on thoughts. The ending text in doom II is probably the only time we get into his mind where it says "You wonder where bad folks will go when they die, now." And then there's "one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for action".
          You might be right that going through that might leave something to a normal person, and he is certainly not that special, just highly skilled. (Or lucky)
          Maybe I'll include it as it goes on in the story, but for now I still don't think it would have had that much of a traumatic effect on him

Comment

@ Katrix

Aye, I'll get to that after my only class today.
            Just prep the links to the posts themselves (click the number of the post then copy the resulting URL...this is more for those that don't know how to do it.)
            (primarily the third one ye mentioned cause I see the two here...)

@ Kristia

I think ye have name confusions

if it's the man of the ranch, it's Talon
            Spoiler:

otherwise the "sir" in the first line needs to be changed so it would work for Malon
            Spoiler:

Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-05-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Talon?

:/
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

If Talon was that badass, then he wouldn't have lost his ranch to his D-bag of a brother.

I always hated his brother. I don't know his name, but I hate him.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

@s121

Ingo is the brother

Comment

@Pringles
                    Question, how long will it take for John to come back?
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...5278#post55278
                      http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...6021#post56021
                      http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...6042#post56042
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

@Wriggle

It depends on how long it takes for Mima to get John to his destination.

In other words, I hope it's soon.
                        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                          @s121

Ingo is the brother

You guys are all wrong. It's obvious he's Luigi -w-...

Comment

@Wonder

Welcome back!

Mario and Luigi are Elves. (Ok, more like Hylians, but now you're just splitting hairs. They're basically the same thing. )
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, for reference, this is what the Science Tower looks like.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

One word, Zombies.

I have a feeling that that's what they're going to find in there.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X