X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

Okay Cucoo. I'm working on a good description of the Warehouse District. It'll be done hopefully by tomorrow.

Comment

@Cuckoo
      You could just follow up on my post. It ain't hard formulating Pokeman battles at all.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

@SUSTIC

Ok, here's the possible music choices for Dust. She was first because I happen to have a large collection of this kind of music.

Now for Dave's music. Much harder to find, but it will be done.

Last edited by S121; 01-05-2014, 12:27 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Alright so I have gotten down a good draft of the new OOC for the new Fight aganist Fantasy and I need opinions. Is there anything that you feel needs to change. Is there any categories of knowledges missing? Am I really placing to much trust into you guys with rule 3? Things like that.

So, Fight against Fantasy take two. The first one was kind of a failure as I acted to fast so I’m going to try to make this one better. So let me tell you what type of RP this is. This is a RP where fighting is not the only important thing. That’s not saying that there won’t be fight, there certainly will, but it means that it’s not what drives the story forwards. This story is driven forward by logic and thinking. You have to find out why this is happening, and what you want to do with it. If Aeterna was a rip-off of Sword Arts Online then this is a rip-off of Log Horizon.

Prologue:
          I won’t give you the actual story as that is kind of what the RP is all about so instead I’ll give a prologue instead, in addition to the setting.

A old man by the man of Grav walked into a a room filled by futuristic devices everywhere. On the walls there were monitors displaying some sort of information. Under them were what looked like control panels filled with buttons that did all sorts of things. In the middle of the room there was a big, circular tube filled with things that would normally be considered beautiful. In this case, though you could also argue that it could be called grotesque. Around the capsule were four persons. The old man walked up to them and spoke “This is the time we have all been waiting for. From this moment on, I commence project Thesis as started.” The man spoke in a very existed manner and was not disturbed by what was in the capsule at all, at the end of his sentence he raised his hands into the air to signify his excitement. “Adene, try take them apart so we can work with them” Grav said. A women then to raise the capsule for a few seconds so she could grab something from the inside. “Eade, try to stabilize so we don’t break anything” Grav said. A strong man then began pressing a few buttons and after a bit, the inside of the capsule began glowing slightly. “Anil, get ready to make them as soon as she put them back in” Grav said. A man then began typing something on a keyboard while looking at a monitor. “Naida, compile all the information we get and tell us” Grav said. A woman then then began looking at a monitor, taking notes now and then.

When Grav was done giving out instructions, Adena had finished her task and placed them inside again, each in their separate corner and one in the middle, forming a hexagon with a midpoint. “Keep an eye on them. Eade, begin splitting them.” Grav instructed. The man then began pressing a few more buttons. As he did, they began to split. “All levels seem normal. No wait, this one isn’t splitting properly” Naida said as she pointed at one of them. “It’s no use. I can’t do anything from over here. It’s about to blow” Eade said in a very frightened tone as he began to move away from the capsule. Before he could run away, Grav grabbed him and pushed him back onto his spot. “You stay there, we might still be able to make it. Anil, try to move one of them over to fill the space. Don’t question it, just do it. We don’t have any other way at the moment” Grav said in a very firm voice. Anil did as he was told and began moving a lever slightly. As he did two of them began moving from their position and headed towards the open space. “That’s two you idiot. It will add way to much instability. Move the other one back” Naida said. One of them then began heading back towards where it had come from, but it went slower and slower until mit stopped to a standstill. “It won’t move any further. This can’t be good. Is this even right to do anyway? I mean just look inside” Eade said as he grew more and more worried. “What is it’s status Naida?” Grav asked. “It’s good. It’s completely stable at the moment” Naida responded. “Then leave it as it is. We don’t need to bother with it. Alright, that should be it. I welcome you all to a new world” Grav yelled out in excitement as he pushed a large button. As he did the inside of the capsule immideatly began glowing brightly white before exploding into energy.

Setting

You live in a fantasy world filled with mystical creatures and magic. In this world you live in a country called Ryglaga. Ryglaga is a rather small country that is in constant war with their neighbors, but due to their superior technology, they are making advancement each day. A group called SYSTEM leads this war. They are also the de facto leaders of Ryglaga. You most likely don’t know too much about them tough as they are mostly stationed within the capital, a place with technology that can rival magic. Most people stay outside of the capital and live in small villages around the country.
          Last night however you had a very weird dream (the prologue) that seemed more real than a dream, but very distant. Unlike most dreams however, it doesn’t go away. It sits there and bugs you again and again.

Knowledge

This is the different types of knowledge there is and the levels within them. Knowledges are a way to measure how much a character know about a specific field. Do note that this is not something that you level up and get better with. Knowledges are for the most part static, even tough you can study a field, and by doing that after some time expand upon it. Unlike magic, you are free to choose as many knowledges as you want, but try to keep is reasonable. Only pick what would be sensible for your character to have. If you pick a high level, all the information you get on the lower level also belongs to you. What is written here is what your character knows. Books and other items can expand on this. If another character tell you something of a higher level, you gain this bit of knowledge, but not the entire level of knowledge. If you feel that a specific field of knowledge is missing or an existing one needs expansion tell me. The actual information will be in the first few posts in the IC. The last level of all the Knowledges pretty much represent when you could be considered a legend for your amount of knowledge.

Magic
          This is the knowledge related to magic. The higher you have here, the more you know about magic. Magic have several limits. The first limit is the area you can perform a task on. The second limit is the the duration a magic is used. The third is the size of the magic you are trying to use.

Level 7: You know things that are not even written down in any book.

Level 6: You can explain every magical action with the knowledges that you have. You are among the best. Most likely you have written several books already.

Level 5-2: You are skilled in using magic and in addition understand nearly all magic theory.

Level 5-1: You know how to most magic, but you are don't know too much about the theory.

Level 4-2: You are skilled in the use of magic, and also know a most of the theory.

Level 4-1: You are skilled in the use of magic, but you don’t know too much more about the theory of magic.

Level 3: You have read a few books about magic so you know basic theory of how to classify magic.

Level 2: You know the basics of magic and know how to use basic magic, but that’s where it stops.

Level 1: You know nothing about magic at all. You don’t even know how to use it.

History
          This is knowledge related to history. The higher you have the more you know, and the longer back in history you know.

Level 4: You know the past as if you have lived it yourself.

Level 3: You know history back several millennia back.

Level 2: You know history back a few centuries.

Level 1: You know history back a few decades.

Nature
          This is knowledge related to nature. The higher you have the more you know about plants and normal animals.

Level 4: You know every animal and plant there ever is in the world with just a single look.

Level 3: You are a master of the wild and are able to identify most plants and animals.

Level 2: You know general things about nature such as faming and a few herbs.

Level 1: You know next to nothing about nature.

Bestiary
          This is knowledge related to beast. The higher you have the more you know about different types of beasts and mythical creatures.

Level 4: You know all there ever is to know about every single beast and mythical creature.

Level 3: You know a lot about beasts and mythical creatures and can even tame some of them.

Level 2: You know about some creatures, and might even have seen one for yourself

Level 1: You know nothing about beasts and mythical creatures

Geography
          This is knowledge related to Geography. The higher you have, the better your understanding on the world around you is.

Level 6: You know the world as if you have walked it yourself.

Level 5: You know the area outside of Ryglaga pretty well.

Level 4: You know somewhat about the area outside of Ryglaga

Level 3: You are confident in where each location within Ryglaga is.

Level 2: You know a basic map of Ryglaga, and major locations like the capital.

Level 1: You only know your local area and might not even have seen a map of Ryglaga.

Advanced technology
          This is the knowledge related to advanced Technology that you would mostly find within the capital. Most people that live outside of the capital have Level 1 here.

Level 5: You have enough knowledge to make your own machines.

Level 4: You know how to use every type of machine there is.

Level 3: You know how to use most machines, but struggle at the more advanced ones.

Level 2: You know the basics of electricity and how it can be used to power things. You also know how to use basic machines.

Level 1: You know nothing about advanced technology.

Relegion

Level 6: You know the gods as if you know them in person.

Level 5: You have knowledge about the history of the gods.

Level 4: You know all of the gods.

Level 3: You know the 6 main gods.

Level 2: You know the god that stands for humans, but nothing more.

Level 1: You know nothing about any of the gods.

Known People
          This is knowledge that relates to how much you know about important people. Everyone with the highest level of knowledge is a field except for this one is immediately either a legendary person, or a completely unknown person. Everyone of Level 6 magic are considered know persons.

Level 4: You know most known people in addition to all legendary people.

Level 3: You know a few legendary people and maybe a few known people.

Level 2: You know maybe the most important people is SYSTEM

Level 1: You know no one special

Magic Types

Every person in Ryglaga have magic. There are several different types of magic. Please note the difference between controlling and making. Controlling means to control something that already is. Making is to make something from nothing.

Warmth: You can control temperature over 0 Degrees Celsius (Freezing point of water)

Cold: You can control temperature under 0 Degrees Celsius (Freezing point of water)

Stone: You control stone and it’s properties

Nature: You can control everything related to nature

Humidity: You can control humidity

Shape: You can control the shape and form of everything

Wind: You can control wind (wind is not air)

Electricity: You can control electricity

Sound: You can control, make, distort and remove sound.

Light: You can control light

Gravity: You can control gravity

Void: You can remove anything (Rare. Only 1/200 have it. 1/5 of the, die before the age of 5)

Time: You can control time (Rare. Only found in kids 10 years or less old. 50 known kids have it in the whole country)

Character sheet

Character’s name:

Appearance:

Magic type:

Knowledges:

Weapons and starting gear:

Weakness:

History and personality:

Morality:

Theme: (Optional. So many that like to give a theme to their characters so I'm just going to put this here as well.)

Rules

1. General RP rules apply.

2. You may not give your character knowledge that they do not have unless told otherwise by me.

3. Try to keep the post length consistent.

4. There is no limit on how many characters you may have, but try to keep it reasonable.

5. I trust you guys so please don’t try to work your way around these rules.

6. Although this is not really a rule, please try to always have a reply ready in maximum three days after the last post was made. It's fine if you have told me you will be gone in advance.
          Last edited by Katrix; 01-05-2014, 02:14 PM.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

@katrix

Limits and constraints of magic might be something?
            (And a little bit more clarification on the ones that seem to have them, specially Time...of course you should know who I have in mind...)

Rule 3
            ...I would put a time condition on that like AtWaG Rule...what was it....16?
            Which would tie into your rule 7
            But in turn nixes the concept of being able to avoid the short conversation posts that are back and forth dialogue.
            At that point It might be better to say to have the involved members collaborate to make one big post.
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-05-2014, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Head count so I know where to post.

(I know for a fact Mima Sus and Pringles is online... Who else?)
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Well I'll be here.

Jeez, activity had gone to a halt in AtWaG...

Comment

I'll revive it. Twas the point of my previous post.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Yay! Things are moving again!
                    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

What should we say happened to the skeletal remains of Grima on Youkai Mountain?

Do I need to refresh everyone's memory on how big The Fell Dragon is?

Comment

@Cucoo

We could always say that they either buried it (yes, they could easily do that, especially with some of the Youkai's powers, mainly Suwako's god powers, and yes, I know how big Grima is ), or tossed it into the ocean (a couple Oni could take care of it) in between the seasons.
                        sigpic

Comment

Waiting for Wonder cuz I don't want to double post. Wanna keep it in one post =w=

Meanwhile
                          Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 01-05-2014, 03:30 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Damn I'm tired. I'm out. Hopefully we get some things done tomorrow. Night y'all.

Comment

@Wonder

Nighty night.

@Wriggle

"Dawwww! Isn't she just adorable?"

sigpic

Comment

Tiem to go to bread.

Zzzz
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X