X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wonder

I'm going to hear what everyone has to say first before I decide anything.

(You punch me and you will end up on the other side of my DG-X)
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

seriously forte?

I asked you to be calm, not a god damn anger thick skull

but its allright since youwanted it that way

so everyone who responds to him, be blunt and direct as he
      looks to like

Im out of here hoping to have a good make out and vent
      my stress

goodnight
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Zekai

Never once have I actually meant to bash on you Zekai, and I'm sure the others didn't... well at least to my knowledge.

I'm a pretty reasonable guy, and people like S1 and TRXD are pretty reasonable to. I guess we all just got a little carried away, and are too used to certain things.

People can still give out quite a bit of information, while still keep some elements of surprise. It's just kind of hard to do, but I have seen others do it in more... advanced RP's. Which is not what all the RP's here...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry if I ever meant to make you pissed off, or if I ever bashed on you. I never once meant to. Like I said I just guess I got carried away. I can't speak for everyone here that has bashed on you, but I am truthfully sorry Zekai.

If you wish I can easily make a rule for TSU that states that when someone makes an app, that they have to inform you. I can also add a few more rules to make it more fair to everyone in TSU so that you won't be at least bashed for anything you or anyone might end up doing in the future of TSU. I will try to make sure that at the least TSU will be fair towards everyone. Such as EVERYONE making a list of their characters current abilities with their magic, and add them to their app as well as updating the app to be a bit more detailed, while at the same time trying not to put to much information in.

Well anyways dude I'm sorry for anything I have done, and I will try to be as direct with you as possible.

Now if anyone will excuse me I will go think about my life now... I feel like I have to do that...

Comment

@ Zekai
          I'm going to respond tomorrow.

But I will say this right now.

No

You CANNOT wait to explain things in the IC.
          You can build up things, but you have to give fair warning that something exists.
          Like that ability.

That is all I'm saying right now.

Comment

@Kristia

Yes, seriously. I'm thick headed like everyone else in my family and we say what we want to in any way we can.

@SUS

You never really bashed me much like they did, all you did was reject an idea I had (which is fine) and we had to talk so I can use Zero's magic the way I wanted, even though I had to make drawbacks to do it but that's fine.
            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

atleast you are being honest, and im ok with that, but dammit you sometimes push people´s buttons, just a comment when you speak with people

by the way, my night is ruined because of weather so if anyone upsets me more, he or she will receive an emotional response from me
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm back everyone, and I read the sh*tstorm that has been brewing.

@Zekai

Zekai, I'm going to be honest with you, and once I'm done speaking, I want you to know that I am not trying to piss you off.

I'll be honest, you are perhaps the first person in the community that has tried my patience, but despite that, I don't hold any ill will against you. Now for the hard part, the part that might piss you off, even though I'm not trying to do so.

WHY THE HELL AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT GETS BASHED WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT MY APPS?! (Except Ryofu's is the only one that hasn't gotten a bash) Don't say it's "constructive crititism" or whatever the fuck you call it, IT'S FUCKING BASHING especially when you tell me how this should of been done or do this instead. You all make it sound like I HAVE TO HAVE 100% of my character explained and can't have any elements of surprise, which I like to do at times. I noticed that I'm the only one that gets bashed with questions and yet, everyone else doesn't. I don't think that's fair and am sick of it.
                That is constructive criticism! That is the very meaning of constructive criticism, so don't you dare think otherwise! Do you really want to know what bashing is? This is an example, so do NOT think I actually mean this: "You made a mistake, you suck. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. You suck, quit trying. You are incompetent, please die this instant."

See? THAT is bashing. Us giving you suggestions is NOT bashing. We are trying to help you, so stop taking our criticism so personally and lighten up. Stop thinking that we're targeting you. I've given constructive criticism to Cucoo, Mima, Kristia, and many others, and I have received constructive criticism in turn. THAT is how progress is made. THAT is how you improve.

As for revealing sudden powers, ask first. All of us do the same, so don't you dare think for a second that we are targeting you. For ATWAG, I have asked every single time about John's abilities before implementing them in the RP, and have asked for criticism, asked for people to give their honest opinions on new abilities. In fact, one of them is a future set of abilities that he will gain from the "Genesong", a dormant piece of DNA that was implanted in him by The Librarian during Halo 4. Before you say anything about this, like "but it will ruin surprises I have in store for everyone else", know that there is such a thing as a nasty surprise. That would be like if I had John fight someone in the RP, then suddenly said that John could move like lightning. From there, I could say that he simply auto-dodges and auto-hits every single person in the RP. Do you see the problem? That is not acceptable, and I would expect anyone of the RPers here to call me on my bullsh*t. I may be one of the most active RPers here, and people may or may not hold my opinion in high regard, but that does NOT exempt me from the rules. If we tell you something, stop being stubborn, be patient, and don't take it as a personal attack. That is all I ask of you.

As for the magic sense, read the definition of "sense".

Spoiler:

A faculty by which the body perceives an external stimulus; one of the faculties of sight, smell, hearing, taste, and touch.
                "the bear has a keen sense of smell that enables it to hunt at dusk"
                synonyms: sensory faculty, feeling, sensation, perception

a feeling that something is the case.
                "she had the sense of being a political outsider"
                synonyms: feeling, awareness, sensation, consciousness, recognition More
                an awareness or feeling that one is in a specified state.
                "you can improve your general health and sense of well-being"
                a keen intuitive awareness of or sensitivity to the presence or importance of something.
                "she had a fine sense of comic timing"
                synonyms: appreciation, awareness, understanding, comprehension, discernment

a sane and realistic attitude to situations and problems.
                "he earned respect by the good sense he showed at meetings"
                synonyms: wisdom, common sense, sagacity, discernment, perception; More
                antonyms: stupidity
                a reasonable or comprehensible rationale.
                "I can't see the sense in leaving all the work to you"
                synonyms: purpose, point, reason, object, motive; More

a way in which an expression or a situation can be interpreted; a meaning.
                "it is not clear which sense of the word “characters” is intended in this passage"
                synonyms: meaning, definition, import, signification, significance, purport, implication, nuance; More

MATHEMATICSPHYSICS
                a property, e.g., direction of motion, distinguishing a pair of objects, quantities, effects, etc., that differ only in that each is the reverse of the other.
                GENETICS
                relating to or denoting a coding sequence of nucleotides, complementary to an antisense sequence.
                modifier noun: sense
                verb
                verb: sense; 3rd person present: senses; past tense: sensed; past participle: sensed; gerund or present participle: sensing

perceive by a sense or senses.
                "with the first frost, they could sense a change in the days"
                synonyms: discern, feel, observe, notice, recognize, pick up (on), be aware of, distinguish, make out, identify; More
                be aware of.
                "she could sense her father's anger rising"
                be aware that something is the case without being able to define exactly how one knows.
                "he could sense that he wasn't liked"
                (of a machine or similar device) detect.
                "an optical fiber senses a current flowing in a conductor"

THAT is my evidence. It does not matter if he learned it by years of training or not. It's a sense. I am being completely and utterly honest with you on this. He is perceiving and/or mentally/physically feeling (note how I did not say psychologically feeling) the magic, and because he is perceiving or mentally/physically feeling it, it is a sense by definition. Stop thinking otherwise. If multiple people are telling you that it's a sense, then maybe they're right. As for suddenly giving it to him, ask first. TRXD is not the only one allowed to have sense powers, but what we ask of you is to ask first. From there, we will try to balance it so that it cannot be abused to the point of breaking the RP. We are simply trying to keep the honest people honest, so don't think we don't trust you about it.

I will admit that TRXD crossed the line when he was being snide earlier, and I have spoken to him about it, as evidenced in my section for him below. I really hope you stay with us, but if you do, please, PLEASE carefully consider what we have to say next time. We try to help each other, even if it means showing tough love every once in a while, okay? It's kind of like a family, a community. When one of us makes a mistake, we tell each other about it. We keep each other in check and try to make things as fair as possible. That is how close we are. We are close enough as a community that we can be honest with each other, not brutally honest or snide, but honest without screaming at each other, without getting overly pissed off at each other. Sure, we may get on each other's nerves every once in a while, but that does not mean that we should take it personally. We stick together, even with all our flaws and mistakes. We genuinely care for one another, and because of that, we care about you. We care about you enough to be honest with you without talking back, being snide, or personally attacking you.

I hope you read this and decide to stay with us, because if you do, we will welcome you back with open arms, as a community should do, okay?

@TRXD

I saw your post in TSU OOC, and also your post here, and all I have to say is this.

Simply put, you crossed the line. Do not do that again. You are a Moderator, and as such, it is not only your job, but your duty to remain neutral. You do not add biting remarks and try to be snide about it, even if it seems clever. Our job is to remain neutral, to take no one's side, and to hand someone the truth without sharpening it. We can be nice, but we must still remain firm when need be. Metaphorically, we hand the offender the truth in brick format, like a bar of gold, not sharpen it and stab them with it. I saw that you were showing some remorse, or second guessed your choice of words, so I'm not too mad or anything, but I ask you not to do that again. I am at least glad that you decided to rethink your decision and thought that you might have made a bad decision.

Know that I'm not trying to be mean. If I ever cross the line, or do something bad, I encourage you to straight-up tell me about it. Call me on my bullsh*t, and do not ever let me make the same mistake again. It's just that people count on us, rely on us to keep things running smoothly, to dole out fair and honest judgement. Our job is important, and because of that, we have to be careful about how we handle situations and with what we say. We must be kind and compassionate, but also firm and just when the situation demands it. Think of it like channeling your inner Shikieiki.
                Originally posted by S121
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

For the last fucking time, STOP CALLING IT A SENSE!! It's like when the wind bows and you feel it, same concept, you feel the wind, not sense it. LAST TIME I'M EXPLAINING THIS SHIT. If I want your help then I'll ask but if I don't ask then don't give it to me. Call it whatever you want, criticism or whatever, if you tell me how something should be done or whatever, I'm classifying it as bashing. Once I hear TRXD's opinion, I'll make my decision on returning or not.

Comment

@Zekai

Alright going to be a bit rushed but who cares.

Zekai, you said that you didn't get the best in English, right? As far as I know at least, feeling is a synonym of sensing. They ate the same thing. When the wind blows you are both feeling it and sensing it.

Secondly as for keeping secrets. Is stayed in the rules of TSU that if you want to have secrets, is okay, bit you have to tell our at some point during the IC AND you have to send a PM to SUSTIC about the secrets and explain them to him.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

Don't mind me I'm just an innocent old man looking for my potato.

@Pringles, SUS, and Cuckoo
                      Continuing on our discussion on Mumble...

Cuckoo, you should join Mumble server more. You're a pleasure.

Pringles, SUS, posterino for Indiarino pleaserino.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Posting this because I got feedback to just go ahead with it.

@ Zekai

You can't leave things until the IC to explain things. It'll throw everyone for a loop and cause the rest of us grief. It's not fun for the rest of us when you go do things like that. We actively try to make sure everything is accounted for. When you introduce something that could throw everything into a tailspin, like that "I sense a disturbance in the Mana" trick that seems to have Metagaming capabilities, it causes us to worry that you could go and use it when it's least convenient for others.

As an example: I've had cases where others seem to know exactly where my characters are, when my characters are supposed to be hiding.

The point of the rule: If it's not written down before hand, you don't have it.
                        Minor things are one thing, but abilities that have Metagaming potential, that's another story.

And yours is not the only one that gets questioned. You're the only one that makes it seem like it's the end of the world if it can't be as is.

Let me bring up Alvis's app. when I brought him in, I didn't have a really solid way of explaining him.
                        His app was...bare...really bare...

In a way, it still is.

NPC Character of Choice:
                        Alvis
                        Spoiler:

Game of Origin: Xenoblade Chronicles

Power: Foresight and the ability to communicate with and control Telethia. I would mention he's actually like the central operating system of the universe as that would put him in a tier above Yukari and all the reality benders...

His only known in game combat abilities are two mediocre physical skills
                        Art List
                        ◾Cross Ray - Deals physical damage
                        ◾Lost Ray - Deals a large amount of physical damage

Weapons:
                        It's called "Claymore" but this is what it looks like
                        Spoiler:

Weaknesses: He displays no apparent weaknesses. At all... Ever.

Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Personality: He's that mysterious person that almost speaks somewhat in a monotone voice. He portrays emotions but...He's a computer

Morality:
                        Neutral

Biography:

Spoiler: Straight from the wiki

Colony 6
                        Alvis' first appearance is at Colony 6, when the group is fighting Metal Face and other Mechon, a Telethia appears and destroys most of the Mechon, distracting Metal Face long enough for Shulk to damage him with the Monado. After this, Metal Face flees with the rest of the Mechon and the Telethia flies away to a distant cliff edge, where Alvis meets and communicates with it.

The Water Crystals
                        Shulk first meets Alvis in Makna Forest while he was collecting some pure water Ether crystals to heal Melia. They are attacked by a group of Telethia, then Alvis teaches Shulk to use the Purge ability, while demonstrating he can use the Monado with great proficiency. For a single fight, he joins Shulk's party. After the fight, Reyn comes looking for Shulk. Before Shulk can introduce Reyn, he looks back to find that Alvis has disappeared. Reyn jokingly dismisses Shulk's insistence that someone was there and the two head back with the water crystals, while Alvis watches them from afar.

The Seer
                        Alvis is revealed to be the "Divine Seer" of Sorean Antiqua, the High Entia Emperor. He explains that, since all of the actions in the universe are ruled by the ether, and that ether is calculable in its changes, then all of the actions in the universe can be predicted.

Eryth Sea
                        Alvis follows the party into the High Entia Tomb, and acts as an adviser.

After a cutscene, it is revealed that Alvis had a vision of the events on Prison Island and the eventual death of the Emperor. He reveals this to the Emperor, who chooses to accept his fate.

After the death of the Emperor, he is seen talking to Zanza, who apparently survived despite his body being destroyed.

When the party leaves Alcamoth for Valak Mountain, Alvis leaves with them, as he is familiar with the region, though he does not say why at the moment.

The Second War
                        Alvis continues to advise and follow the party through their trek to Valak Mountains. He states that is best to search refuge in the Ose Tower, now called the Sealed Tower. Inside, he reveals that this is where the High Entia locked the Monado. The party realises that this is where the Monado and Shulk were found. Alvis states that all seers must touch the Monado in order to receive their powers, in a ceremony of seers, which is the ritual performed by Alvis's family. He talks with Shulk about the reason of their visions, and how they are a fluctuation that are apart of the future. He also speaks that the Monado exists to disrupt the ether, and hence change the future.

After the party reaches Sword Valley, Alvis leaves to Alcamoth with Dickson, to help Kallian with the assembly of the allied front, and to resume his duties as seer.

He is seen advising Kallian in the Battle of Sword Valley, riding in Kallian's Havres. He warns Kallian of Mechonis' reawakening and leaves with Dickson to join the group. He stays behind with Dickson before the final battle with Egil.

The Rebirth of Shulk
                        After Shulk is shot by Dickson and Zanza left his body, he is in the passage of fate or in space if you look at the background. Alvis tells Shulk that he can choose his fate and Shulk comes back to save the others from a group of Telethia attacking Colony 6.

Relationship with Zanza
                        After Shulk defeats Dickson's Telethia, Dickson calls Alvis for help. Alvis is then revealed to be one of Zanza's disciples. He has his own Telethia, just like Dickson. It is called Sani Telethia. When you kill it, he and Dickson escapes with a Telethia.

In Space
                        After Shulk's final battle with Dickson, the group find themselves in outer space. Shulk hears Alvis saying that soon he must make a choice. Shulk recognizes the voice, but he cannot see him.

The "Computer" Alvis
                        "I am Monado. I was here at the beginning. And I will proclaim the end." —Alvis

Once the Monado III was created and after beating Zanza for the last time, a light unites the three Monados (Zanza's Monado, Meyneth's Monado and Shulk's Monado). Alvis begins to talk and says that he is the Monado and that Shulk must make a decision; a world with gods or without them. For this decision, Alvis shows Shulk the past, to see what started it all. In this scene, Alvis reveals that he is "the administrative computer of a phase transition experiment facility A.I" that destroyed the universe for Zanza and Meyneth when they were still humans. Shulk chooses a world without gods. Alvis is last seen in a flashback scene, where he says his final words to the group; that this is an endless new world, and there are many forms of life, and that they will walk towards the future together, hand in hand.

Traumas:
                        N/A

Notes:

Alvis has a symbol, a triangle with circles at each corner, on the back of his clothes that seems to be closely related to Meyneth and her Monado. It is the same symbol found on the triangular chest plate that goes over Fiora's robot body, which seemed to house Meyneth and power Fiora. When Meyneth's double sword Monados combine into one larger sword, the symbol on the hilt of the sword is again this same symbol. When looking at Meyneth herself in her Machina form, she has three large circles in a triangular fashion, which seem to resemble this same symbol and perhaps be the source of it. It is unknown if this symbol is to represent Meyneth, or Meyneth's Monado. However, before at Zanza's death, not only does Alvis speak from both Zanza's Monado and Meyneth's Monado (while both are being held by Zanza), but later on Alvis does state that he is Monado among other things.

But you know what happened when I first had the app?
                        It got questioned...
                        I'll leave out the fact I asked for opinions on how to explain him as I didn't know how to go about it.

Through those questions I went through everything I could think of. What abilities does he have? [Insert some other questions, and so on]
                        Eventually, it took a few days, but I managed to go through what he really was.

Recently I had to ask if it would be fine if I gave him the abilities of the Monado (using the fact that he IS the Monado) and crank up those abilities so that he has the perfect defense.
                        And you know what happened to that? It was green-lighted because the fact that earlier I had explained here what he was and capable of to the point where any additional things like that (that fell within reason of what he is) made sense.

@ Wriggs

aye, I just have a tough time choosing time to get on.

Comment

well then, Im going to sleep, I wonpt get into this thing and hope to have good dreams

night

Spoiler:

Comment

@Katrix

If I have to tell someone before it happens in the IC then it's not a secret anymore. It's only a secret until I reveal it. So now what, I have to explain the real reasoning for him having the contract and why he can't remember much of his past when the witch killed his mother and how he can tell what weapon he has in his inventory and what he can use too?

@Cucoo

He's only going to use it if he can't find someone by looking around. Oh hey, just like I did in the IC, couldn't find Maya by looking so he had to FEEL her magic, since she used it to fly off in front of him, he got a quick FEEL for it but not enough to get a hold of it.

@Kristia

Night.

Comment

@Zekai

Exactly, you nailed it. You have to tell SUSTIC bit hey, it's not like as if he is going to tell everyone else. Here is the rule.

Rule 16: In the app it is possible to make a short bio in the app itself as long as you promise to explain your characters backstory during the events of the RP, as well as sending me a PM about the characters backstory, any plans for the RP (like if you want to have your character or characters family to have connections to the teachers or such) to me so I can help go along with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              someone is fighting for you.
                              –As long as you remember her,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

@anyone that remembers

In TSU, remember when I gave Kiara the Momento Pocket Watch?
                                Could someone find the posts leading up to it being used as a blood compass? (the important part is the time stamps for both the OOC and IC posts concerning it.)

Edit: The Morpheus Discussion....
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-26-2014, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X