X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

Well, he switches out his inventory for each mission. You see, he is a professional, and as such, he will never go into a situation without knowing everything about the mission, the ins and outs of it.

If he knows that there's a possibility that he'll be fighting a SPARTAN, he'll bring a .50 Beowulf AR-15 with armor piercing rounds, along with anti-tank mines and the like, possibly plasma-based weaponry.

If he knows that he'll possibly fight Renamon, he'll bring weaponry that affects the senses, and if he thinks he'll encounter Nera, he'll bring Phosphorous grenades and incendiary rounds.

If he thinks he'll fight a Youkai, or magic/spiritual-based Character, he'll study them, then bring what they're weak against, like roasted soybeans for Oni. It burns them on contact or something like that. (off the top of my head) For normal Youkai, he would use spiritual attacks, possibly by either getting his hands on a magic weapon, or using sealing charms and talismans, as well as protection charms for himself.

He adapts to his missions, and once he knows what he's up against, he will adapt his fighting style to dispatch his enemies with brutal precision. If he sees unknown variables pop up, such as a new Character, he will most likely retreat and gather intel on them to try and find their weaknesses. He knows that if he slips up or makes a mistake, that he will be killed, so he's vary cautious and is not willing to take unnecessary risks. He's a pretty normal human, but he's very smart, which makes him very dangerous.

EDIT:

Of course, for standard gear, he usually has a set of nano-armor, boosting his abilities and protecting him from extensive damage. It's nowhere near as tough as MJOLNIR armor, but it's definitely tougher than PALADIN's standard issue gear, or even what the elite forces get.

This guy is PALADIN's champion, their go-to guy when they need a Character taken out, and becasue of how important he is to them, they treat him well, giving him all the resources he needs for his missions. They regard him as their "SPARTAN", their hero of sorts.

@TRXD

Well, there are a couple ways to cure the toxin. In fact, I know a pretty easy way. Even Prometheus Labs has the tech to cure it, even study and create antidotes specifically designed for it.

As for their fate, we could always say that they become temporary guests until you feel like RPing them again. Maybe they would help out in The Labs either as a part time job, or simply volunteering.

@Wriggle

Welcome back!

I'll check the RP in a sec. I just gotta post in ATWAG.
    Last edited by S121; 03-26-2014, 03:27 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

I´ll just give you one hint utsuh, tangent and dead
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@S121
        Well, Cole can use his electricity in electrical based experiments and any other field that people could use an electrical conduit. As for Flandre... She can... destroy robots and drones that have rogue AI...? Maybe...? Or just stand around being the lovable Flandre that she is.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I'll be waiting for someone to bring inFamous Second Son's Delsin along...

Comment

@Kristia

I'm sorry, but it's not much of a hint. Remember I don't have the same knowledge of games as you do.

Who are we talking about here? What do you have in mind? Depending on what happens, he may, or may not know of them.

@TRXD

Well, Flandre might like to play with Jack, just as long as she doesn't "kyuu" him.

Then again, she could also help with little odd-jobs here and there. Mainly, people will just think she's cute.

I have a question. What would Flandre say or think when she finds out that Prometheus Labs created an experimental weapon called LAEVATEINN? It's essentially an ionizer laser cannon that can also be used as a giant sword with a "blade" that's usually about 50 feet in length.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm actually tempted to do that Wonder.

I really am.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

....and crap.

uhm could I have the constraint that the Toxin can only be cured by a specific counter toxin and can't just be removed (unless you trans- aaaahh fuuuuuuu....that could work too...)

uhm uhm

ok back to what I was originally thinking: I wanted it so that it couldn't be cured if you didn't have a sample of untainted blood.
                Like it somehow integrates itself into the blood/ DNA...

Something to make it so that it couldn't "just be cured" and needs a specific way of countering it.

I don't know...

the more I think on it the more ways to counter it pop up

EDIT: Ok challenge, how could we make something that has very few options for countering it, with the simplest being creating an anti toxin that requires untainted blood?

also I found this randomly.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-26-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

@Wonder
                  I would have brought Delsin in, but there's two things.
                  1. I haven't played Second Son and I don't have a PS4 (T__T)
                  2. That would be a paradox and a mindf*ck. Delsin lives in a world that exists after Cole uses the RFI in inFamous 2. A world where conduits are hunted because of what had happened in the first two inFamous games. The Raysphere, the plague, The Beast, Cole's antics in both Empire City and New Marais... I was already being cautious about not bringing in stuff from inFamous 2 due to the implications that it would have. Bringing in Delsin would add another layer of WTF.

I'm not against bringing in Delsin. In fact, I'm all for bringing in more conduits and inFamous characters. But it just would be confusing considering Cole is in the RP and it would inflict some logical paradoxes.

@S121
                  "LAEVATEINN? But... Laevateinn is right here." Flandre said as she summoned a sword of fire.
                  Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-26-2014, 03:47 PM.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@Cucoo

But if the antitoxin requires their untainted blood/DNA, then there would be no cure. Their blood/DNA is already tainted, which means that it can't be extracted and synthesized into a cure, making the toxin permanent. You would permanently suppress people's abilities. Now, I could tell you a couple other ways about how it could be cured, but I don't think you'll like them. It involves The Inventory, magic, or anything else video game related.

In fact, I think even the Monado could cure it. It has to do with things that cure all status effects/cures all poisons. Cure spells would be its downfall.
                    sigpic

Comment

well utsuh, that iis the challenge I got for you, you somehow manage to obtain information in short time and can understand things almost in moments
                      (that is my point of view)
                      Can
                      And let me tell you that I will put another hint that it is here, but not here at the same time
                      be
                      Also cucoo, that someone might actually be unaffected by your toxin, I´ll just need to check if my theory is possible
                      unsolid
                      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                        @Wonder
                        I would have brought Delsin in, but there's two things.
                        1. I haven't played Second Son and I don't have a PS4 (T__T)
                        2. That would be a paradox and a mindf*ck. Delsin lives in a world that exists after Cole uses the RFI in inFamous 2. A world where conduits are hunted because of what had happened in the first two inFamous games. The Raysphere, the plague, The Beast, Cole's antics in both Empire City and New Marais... I was already being cautious about not bringing in stuff from inFamous 2 due to the implications that it would have. Bringing in Delsin would another layer of WTF.
                        I don't see why not. There's actually a side mission in the limited edition which explains what happened in between the games pretty well, and clears up any of that "the hell?" stuff.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima
                          Hmm... I guess... It definitely helps.
                          But try telling Cole that you're a conduit that exists in a world which has come to be this way because of a device that Cole activated that killed every conduit in the world in an attempt to kill the one being that Cole was forced into killing. And that life pretty much sucks for conduits because the government thinks of conduits as terrorists because of what Cole did in his life.

Cole is not going to like that one bit.

Comment

@Kristia

that it is here, but not here at the same time
                            It's a contradiction. I don't understand contradictions because without context, they follow no logic, making them impossible to solve.

You keep using that hint throughout the RPs, but the truth is that the hint is too vague without context.

As for tangent and death, all I get are mathematical tangents, not any clues.

@TRXD

Yea, the LAEVATEINN was my little way of giving the SPARTANs the ability to kill a lot of enemies at once, mainly intended for the Devourer Arc. You see, it makes atoms lose their bonds, their ability to stick with other atoms, which then scatters the targets atoms into the air. It disintegrates them in a near instant. To be honest, I got a little bit of inspiration from Flandre's Laevateinn.
                            sigpic

Comment

S1...
                              Are you saying you saying that you never solved that?
                              Let me give you a hint
                              Shed some light on the situation
                              Really effective if you're high

Anyway...ya...I think the toxin would be no better than the nuisance.

Comment

ok utsuh the tangent part may have diffwrent definitions because of our languages

but the riddle I love to use may clash with itself but it also gives you the hint that there is something that can't be seen normally

I already gave enough info, enjoy breaking the riddle mwahaha

And finally my theory may work since it is talked about in the official game

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X