X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back everyone, and I don't know what SUSTIC told you but I would never leave these forums. Especially if I happened to say to him that I wish to never see or speak to him again, and I wish for him to go jump off the Empire State Building. Then into a chasm where he would rot for eternity... Okay it wasn't that harsh, but I apologized to SUSTIC, and vice versa.

Anyways I have an announcement for the YC forums... in the form of an old style spoof action movie trailer!

Coming this Summer to a Forums near you... A RP with action... comedy... romance... and whatever the hell else there is will arrive... and it will be AWESOME!!! (Maybe)

Set in the world of SOMETHING where a certain SOMEONE is doing BAD THINGS, and YOU are the ONLY ONE who can stop him/it!...

Okay all joking aside (do not take any of what I just said seriously) I am going to be making an RP this summer. I don't have any details, but this summer there will be an RP coming out so stay tuned when summer comes out!

Comment

Well... It appears that I got into a lot of sh*t... *sigh* It appears I'm gonna have to word things rather carefully.

@S121
      I understand and I do believe that what I did was rather wrong to certain extents. I do believe that I may have been a bit offensive at times but I couldn't go any other way. Well, from what I could see. I could be completely wrong on that front. But I must ask how exactly did I go wrong...? I'm never good at understanding or getting my way around certain discussions... *sweatdrop*

@Zekai
      *summons Laevateinn*
      An opinion?! You want an opinion from me?! Oh, I can give you another lethal dose right now. Or I could give the opinion which I have on my mind right now. My truest and honest opinion:

*dispels Laevateinn* None.

I am not going fight this fight. If you want to stay, then stay. If you want to go, then go. I will neither fight you nor change your mind. I am not going to argue about the feeling thing and what the heck it's caused. When things turn to sh*t, I stop. Even if I'm a major part of the argument, I stop. If you want to say anymore about the whole thing, don't expect an answer from me. Judging by the level of sh*t that I've caused, I am obviously not qualified to make an argument in this. But I will say something, please just give some time to listen to what we have to say. Nothing annoys me more than someone who does not listen and immediately discards my thoughts and opinions.

So I'll leave you with a choice:
      Stay on these forums with us or leave. I will not judge you for either choice.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Wriggle

Working on it now...

@NeoFox

Welcome back!

He didn't tell us much, only that you were really mad with him, and he felt bad about how it ended.

I don't know what happened, and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I'm glad things are alright between you two.

And about the RP, what do you have in mind? What's the setting?

@Zekai

Learn the definition of bashing. We are not attacking you like you are attacking us. It gets annoying when you violently lash out at us while we try to be nice to you. It's metaphorically like you're slapping us over and over again while we're calmly taking it, never raising our hands against you, yet you still keep hitting us. I don't care what your perspective is, that is wrong. We should calmly talk things out in a rational manner.

as for the sense, if everyone says you're doing something wrong, maybe they're right. You're wrong in this instance. Three people have said that it's a sense. Are we all wrong?

Just answer me this. Are we all truly wrong? Are we simply "bashing" you to be mean? What would you have us do? What will it take for you to listen to us? We are giving you the truth, but you refuse to listen. We are listening to you, but your not making sense. Even Kristia got angry at you. Is she wrong? Are we all wrong? Are all our comments invalid? Are you the only one that's right?

Calmly explain to me your reasoning WITHOUT belittling or screaming at me via text.

P.S.: Cucoo wanted me to post this for you, to show you that you are not the only one we give constructive criticism to, that we also ask him questions and help him refine apps.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
        @ Lunasa

[spoiler =]
        remove the space between the word spoiler and =

you can also add something between the = and ] in the first tag as well.

for the lols

*doesn't care if goes through or not I just want to see reactions

Name: Morpheus
        Spoiler:

Race: Doppelganger

type of magic: ??? (Default is Dark art type - Able to phase into shadows to be unseen as well as drain a person's life force by touch)

Luggage:
        Basic supplies

Appearance:
        N/A

Rarely does he ever appear in his "default" form:
        Spoiler:

Combine this

with this

*Add large bat like wings*

Why did you come to the University?:
        *Tying things together* Drawn to Kiara's Pocket Watch.

Bio: A mysterious entity that exists, by default, as others. His purpose is unknown, let alone his capabilities.
        Well traveled and is actually wise to a certain degree, his cryptic speech tends to leave most confused.

Personality:
        Retains a certain mysterious aspect. Never gives a direct answer.

Other: He's a Doppelganger. Expect him to look like someone else.

Theme:

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
        @Lunasa
        If you don't want to reveal the backstory just yet, you don't have to. I was just saying that you will have to develop it as the RP progresses. Sometimes, hidden backstories that are revealed over time can be the better ones. Or ones that aren't revealed at all until much later. But those that are revealed for no apparent reason other than for the sake of revealing a backstory can be easily dismissed or disliked. *cough* Kyouko! *cough*

@Zekai
        Again. Bleh.

@Cucoo
        An unusual and cryptic shapeshifter. I'm not too sure on the very hazy powers and abilities section. "Default is Dark." Could you clarify what you mean by that? Does that mean that Morpheus adopts different powers or abilities (or just illusions of said abilities) when changing form? Or is it that Morpheus just a couple of sets of abilities like Dark, Shadow, etc.?
        @ TRXD

by the "Default is Dark" I meant the former. He becomes in appearance and ability the person he chooses.

Like if he turned into Kiara, he adopts her appearance, physical traits, and water manipulation.

If he was in his "true form" or "Default form" then his "default ability" is dark arts type magic.

When I think "Dark" magic I think of things that would be considered used more for "malicious" purposes. Like Alchemy, life drain, binding spells. That sort of stuff.
        Because his natural appearance is the form of someone else and not his "default" he won't be using it often.
        @Cucoo
        He takes other people's powers and abilities on changing form? Like Ditto? That seems rather OP and against the rules. It's highly debatable on how to actually permit such a thing. If Morpheus didn't actually know how to use said abilities and only used them for show then it's a different story. This is something that'll have to be brought up with SUSTIC because I have no idea on how to deal with this.
        How is it OP when someone has the exact same set of abilities?
        @Cucoo
        Imagine a game of chess. Both players have the exact same pieces and rules at hand. Due to this, both players know what each other's weak points are and what strategies they may take. Due to this, Morpheus can devise clever strategies to easily take down hi- its opponents. If Morpheus knows what it is doing and what its foe is doing, Morpheus could win almost all of its battles.
        Also, you haven't specified a limit to Morpheus' abilities? Who's to say that he will morph into his target? If Morpheus was fighting Trista (assuming Trista is willing to fight and brave enough to stand up for herself), couldn't Morpheus just transform into Cygnus or some other character that Trista cares about and lower her defenses greatly?
        He can turn into your physical appearance and adopt your abilities
        He doesn't know what your thinking.

Think Dark Link.
        Theoretically, what was supposed to be...
        Dark Link fought Link with the same strengths...and the same weaknesses.

Link had to exploit your own weaknesses to win.
        Take the same concept here.

He might have your strengths...but he also has your weaknesses.
        And he does not know how you fight, as its still him that would be fighting.

Yes he would use strategies like what you mentioned with Trista in order to put himself at an advantage...but if you think about it...that's his only way of getting an upper hand. Aside from turning into someone that you would naturally be weak to.

Let me use Fire Emblem examples.

Let's say You are a knight in armor. You have high defense, low agility and resistance. Your natural enemies are mages (Resistance blocks magic...so low resistance means they're effective) and fast units (your low speed means you tend to miss fast units.

Morpheus turns into you, the knight.
        It'll be a stand off of armor vs armor.
        Now he could turn into a mage and deal more damage or turn into like a swordmaster and be able to evade your attacks.

Pro for mage: Damage
        Con for mage: if you get hit, your dead due to mage low def.

Pro for swordmaster: Evade
        Con: can't deal a lot of damage. and if you get hit your screwed.

That's the logic I'm looking at.
        Originally posted by Kristia View Post
        I´ll explain cucoo´s explanation easier

it makes a copy of your current abilities and it will always be an even match, the only way for you to beat the copy is by gaining more power during the battle since the copy only has a static level of power
        @ Kristia

Or know your own limits and exploit it.

His status will be of the time of copying, excluding if the person is dead.
        so for closure

@ SUS check a few pages back, I had a concept for a character that is just a rip from EG and slightly modified

But final thoughts on Morpheus for here?
        Originally posted by SUSTIC View Post
        @Cucoo

Eh... I like the character idea, but I also agree with TRXD in the fact that it's in a sort of grey area for me.

If you make an app and list his abilities, and weaknesses to his power then I will check it out and give you my final opinion. In fact that's kind of what apps are for. Making them, then getting opinions on it.

So just make an app then I will personally see.
        ...I made an app.

but the fact that doppelgangers are so unknown and people think them OP is curious to me.
        I think them quite simplistic and actually balanced because of the fact they become you and therefore are you and thus the playing field is balanced because...your fighting yourself...
        There's nothing OP about that.
        Not even with the strategy of turning into someone else.
        Yes, strategically it may be advantageous, but think about it: In terms of an RP, its someone else that's already been approved and must therefore be NOT OP.
        He inherits all weaknesses and strengths of his current form.

anyway here's the app again and I copied in my discussion with TRXD

Name: Morpheus
        Spoiler:

Race: Doppelganger

type of magic: ??? (Default is Dark art type - Able to phase into shadows to be unseen as well as drain a person's life force by touch)

Luggage:
        Basic supplies

Appearance:
        N/A

Rarely does he ever appear in his "default" form:
        Spoiler:

Combine this

with this

*Add large bat like wings*

Why did you come to the University?:
        *Tying things together* Drawn to Kiara's Pocket Watch.

Bio: A mysterious entity that exists, by default, as others. His purpose is unknown, let alone his capabilities.
        Well traveled and is actually wise to a certain degree, his cryptic speech tends to leave most confused.

Personality:
        Retains a certain mysterious aspect. Never gives a direct answer.

Other: He's a Doppelganger. Expect him to look like someone else.

Theme:

Originally posted by S121 View Post
        @Cucoo

It's because of the fact that if he fights a fire mage, he can easily turn into a water mage. Basically, he would be able to dynamically change his magic type depending on the occasion, removing his need to be careful around certain people. He would be able to counter any magic type, given enough creativity.

That's the reason why selective "doppelganging" is OP. It's like playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, only you're allowed to change your hand after seeing the other person's choice.

Not unless he can only turn into the person he's fighting. At least make it that he's inexperienced with the copied magic. After all, we really were supposed to stick with just one magic type. I swear, people keep trying to find loopholes.

He doesn't have selective doppelganging, does he?
        @ S121

how about this: he can change only if no one is looking.
        Kinda like Wolf Link in LoZ: TP.

But he can phase into shadows as a scapegoat.
        @Cucoo

Scapegoat?

Do you mean like a defensive maneuver?
        yea

to just slip away.
        @Cucoo

I have a feeling that he can use that to dynamically change his form, but if you do, at least make it that he's not a master of those abilities.

After all, it's not like he uses fire and water on a daily basis.
        right

because the only way he can know what ability you have is if he experimented anyway. Turning into someone doesn't come with an immediate knowledge of that person's abilities. That's just logic.
        @Cucoo

Ok. I just needed to know whether or not he was able to make himself an almost complete copy.

It seems like it would be okay.

Don't f*ck up too many peoples' relationships with that doppelganging.
        The fact that he won't naturally have their knowledge completely will have slight differences in the way they act.
        He would probably be in the shadows spying on people before he starts to move about as someone.

Besides~ I'm not that good of a troll

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
        @Cucoo

I have a question. What role does he have on a school? Like, what will he do in classes for example?
        Pretend to be a student that goes there...

...maybe kill some NPC student that no one cares about and pretend to be them.
        or go around as Kiara looking for where she really is since he can't maintain his shadow phase ability.
        closure on Morpheus?
        @Cucoo

As long as you don't really abuse it, or fuck with people through his abilities (like fucking with their mind) then I won't mind as long as you are really careful. So...I guess... accepted? Please don't make me regret this dude...
        Probably the most extreme extent would be walking in on yourself or swear you see yourself walking somewhere. Like what the actual mythology of Doppelgangers are.
        Okay Cucoo. As long as that is the most extreme extent, and he doesn't actually do things on purpose then I will be fine. We will also be sure to warn you if you do go too far okay? Morpheus is accepted... for now...
        Aye

I just had a brilliant Idea to delve into Kiara's backstory.

I have to transcribe a character's backstory from EG: Shattered Ice Flower...

but this is awesome...

How to have a character that's dead but NOT reanimated like a zombie...

Answer? Doppelganger.

Instead of making a completely independent character, I'm going to make a character that Morpheus can turn into that isn't alive here.

Morpheus is going to be my swiss army knife of characters so that I don't have to keep track of where each individual character is and can keep track of one.

And this is from me, to give another example. Note that it is messier because it was very spread out, making it more difficult to find all the posts.

Spoiler:
        Okay, I was talking earlier about John's dormant DNA and typed up a list of enhancements that I thought John should get.

This is only a rough idea, so speak up if you think something is too OP, or if you have an idea of your own.

Genesong Enhancements

01. Increased Strength...............................(Can lift up to 100 Metric Tonnes with armor on (110 US Tons). Without armor, he can lift up to 20 Metric Tonnes (22 US Tons).)

02. Increased Speed..................................(Can now run at a maximum of 100 mph, due to his faster reaction time and tougher body. Any faster and he runs the risk of injuring himself.)

03. Increased Reaction Time........................(Can react 100 times faster than the average human.)

04. Increased Intelligence...........................(Better ability to understand complex concepts, better ability to understand machinery operations, mathmatical concepts, scientific concepts, faster learning proccess, faster linguistic capabilities.)

05. Immunity/High Resistance to Disease.......(Self explanitory.)

06. Immunity/High Resistance to Poison.........(Self explanitory.)

07. Dramatically Decreased Aging.................(Self explanitory. Can survive being in Realm of Darkness for longer amounts of time.)

08. Increased Durability..............................(Indestructible bones and increased cellular integrity. Skin is resistant to blades and small caliber ammunition (22., 38., etc.). 40. and above can still pierce his skin. Blades can still pierce his skin, but has to have a larger amount of force behind blade.)

09. Darkness Abilities.................................(Regains use of Darkness Abilities. John was only borrowing Ansem's power.)

10. Proficiency With Light...........................(Less strain when using Light Abilities. Allowed use of defensive Light. More potent light abilities (increased range, increased power, etc.).)

11. Proficiency With Darkness......................(More Potent Darkness abilities (more solid darkness, harder darkness, increased range, increased power, etc.).)

12. Better Eyesight....................................(Increased range, slightly better "night vision".)

13. Better Hearing.....................................(Can hear better than the average human. Able to hear almost unnoticable sounds.)

14. Better Manual Dexterity........................(Faster reloading, better "knife-work", etc.)

15. Faster Healing....................................(Heals much faster than a human. Can heal from injuries within a few minutes.)

16. Better "Spartan Time"..........................(Can react faster than 100 times that of the average human (110 times).)

I was thinking of having most of the combat oriented ones become truly active when John goes into Spartan Time.

As for how they get unlocked, I was thinking of something similar to Halo 4. All of his cells would be affected. I imagine that it would be painful, due to the fact that his body would basically be transforming on a cellular level.

He would need the help of either the doctor in London, help from Yukari, help from Eirin, or help from somebody else.
        Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
        I don't see a problem with that. Just know that whatever you add, HM will make a robot in which is supposed to be stronger than the current John, but is in the end a match for the new John. Basically HM is like ammirror of John in many ways.
        hm.. why don´t you give him Thor´s powers of thunder, wolverine´s immortality and god´s control of life? :P
        @Kristia
        Yea, it's hard trying to significantly improve somebody when they're already super.

I was mainly going with all of the basic human traits (strength, senses, speed, etc.)

That's why I was thinking of having some of the other traits become active only when John goes into "Spartan Time", to sort of balance things out.
        I think I'm going to go to bed.

It's 2:32 AM here.

@Katrix
        Oh, one more thing.

Okay, I was talking earlier about John's dormant DNA and typed up a list of enhancements that I thought John should get.

I already got Kristia and Wonder's input.

This is only a rough idea, so speak up if you think something is too OP, or if you have an idea of your own.

The numbers are maximum ranges.

Genesong Enhancements

01. Increased Strength...............................(Can lift up to 100 Metric Tonnes with armor on (110 US Tons). Without armor, he can lift up to 20 Metric Tonnes (22 US Tons).)

02. Increased Speed..................................(Can now run at a maximum of 100 mph, due to his faster reaction time and tougher body. Any faster and he runs the risk of injuring himself.)

03. Increased Reaction Time........................(Can react 100 times faster than the average human.)

04. Increased Intelligence...........................(Better ability to understand complex concepts, better ability to understand machinery operations, mathmatical concepts, scientific concepts, faster learning proccess, faster linguistic capabilities.)

06. Immunity/High Resistance to Poison.........(Self explanitory.)

07. Dramatically Decreased Aging.................(Self explanitory. Can survive being in Realm of Darkness for longer amounts of time.)

08. Increased Durability..............................(Indestructible bones and increased cellular integrity. Skin is resistant to blades and small caliber ammunition (22., 38., etc.). 40. and above can still pierce his skin. Blades can still pierce his skin, but has to have a larger amount of force behind blade.)

09. Darkness Abilities.................................(Regains use of Darkness Abilities. John was only borrowing Ansem's power.)

10. Proficiency With Light...........................(Less strain when using Light Abilities. Allowed use of defensive Light. More potent light abilities (increased range, increased power, etc.).)

11. Proficiency With Darkness......................(More Potent Darkness abilities (more solid darkness, harder darkness, increased range, increased power, etc.).)

12. Better Eyesight....................................(Increased range, slightly better "night vision".)

13. Better Hearing.....................................(Can hear better than the average human. Able to hear almost unnoticable sounds.)

14. Better Manual Dexterity........................(Faster reloading, better "knife-work", etc.)

15. Faster Healing....................................(Heals much faster than a human. Can heal from injuries within a few minutes.)

16. Better "Spartan Time"..........................(Can react faster than 100 times that of the average human (110 times).)

I was thinking of having most of the combat oriented ones become truly active when John goes into Spartan Time.

As for how they get unlocked, I was thinking of something similar to Halo 4. All of his cells would be affected. I imagine that it would be painful, due to the fact that his body would basically be transforming on a cellular level.

He would need the help of either the doctor in London, help from Yukari, help from Eirin, or help from somebody else.

I was thinking of having some of the other traits become active only when John goes into "Spartan Time", to sort of balance things out.
        Originally posted by Katrix View Post
        Looks good to me
        Goodmorning everyone.

If you haven't already seen John's Genesong upgrade list, please do.

I need all the feedback and confirmation I can get.
        Originally posted by NeoFox View Post
        It seems okay.
        I may or may not make one for HM. But otherwise it looks OP'd on a legit side.
        Yea, it really is hard to upgrade somebody that already is super.

Keep in mind that a lot of the enemies are actually more OP'd than John.

So far, I have confirmation from Wonder, Katrix, and NeoFox.

I'm not sure about Kristia's answer.
        More OP'd? Like who?
        The Auditor, The Devourers, The Organization...

Now that I think about it, it really is those three!

Besides, most of John's OP upgrades will only truly show when he goes into Spartan Time.

He can still use them when not in Spartan Time, but they're not as extreme.
        im back, but busy with work

to answer your question utsuh, I think masterchief was already in the grey line between powerful and OP, then you upgraded him with more powers, for me that is extremely close to already pass the line

But with that list you posted, you actually made him too much powerful in every aspect, he wouldn´t be human at all
        What should I do to balance him?

I was thinking of having the more OP'd abilities become active only when he goes into Spartan Time.

What parts are OP?

The main thing is, the dormant DNA would basically make him a Post-human.
        How about if after spartan time, John loses so much energy, it's as if he turned back into a human.
        Not unless I tone down his reaction time. In my opinon, the reaction time is probably the most OP of the abilities.

He'll have the normal 70x reaction time, but Spartan Time would give him 100x.

In truth, that's actually his normal reaction time. They never say how muck Spartan Time increases his reaction time, but they do say that it increases dramatically.
        So that means...?
        I think i might increase only his normal state reaction time.

That means that he'll have his normal reaction time at (80x) until he goes into Spartan Time (100x).

That means, without his armor, his reaction time would be upped from 14x to 16x. Spartan time would send it up to 20x.

(70x = 70 times faster than the average human.)
        Hi there Glados, welcome to the RP

Utsuh try using the adrenaline surge

In many cases of survival, a person´s body increases its stength, speed and endurance when there is an adrenaline surge

This ocurrs when the person´s mind detects extreme danger letting out that animal side of the person out thus increasing those abilities dramatically, but that would last from seconds to 4-5 minutes tops

After that, the body and brain end tired and the person needs to rest because hid/her system needs to cooldown
        @Kristia
        Sounds good.

Do I keep the high powered reaction time, or do I tone it down to 80x?

I was thinking of keeping the modded stats, or at least toning them down slightly, to show that he has been modified.

I'll edit the list and repost it.
        if you want a human, keept it to 80, but the disease resistace and body of steel are exagerated, you could send masterchief naked and he would be invulnerable to almost everything
        @Kristia
        Actually, he's still vulnerable to blunt force, but it has to be from somebody that's stronger than a human. That pretty much counts everybody that's a Character.

John is resistant to only small caliber weapons such as .22 and .38 ammunition. .40 and above is actually pretty common, which means that he's still very vulnerable to bullets. Armor piercing, low caliber rounds can still pierce, depending on the circumstances.

Blades can still pierce and cut him, but they have to be from a person with above-average strength. Humans can still easily damage him.

As for the indestructible bones, it's not really much of an upgrade. His bones were already stronger than his armor.

All in all, the durability increase only protects him from "mundane" injuries. It's actually a small increase.

@Glados
        I'll get on that list in a minute.

My characters are...

John-117
        Isaac Clarke
        Jason Stone (Misc. side character. Not an actual video game character.)
        Just a question, do the upgrades count as the Genesong enhancements I recommended?

If not, then I'll probably take the shielding.
        Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
        I thought all the Genesongs were online...

Do remind me again what those are.
        In Halo 4, John had his genetic makeup spliced with something called the Genesong, by The Librarian.

She said that the genes were dormant, but that if unlocked, they had many benefits.

One of them was immunity to The Composer, a weapon that encrypts living beings into digital information.

John had his evolution accelerated, but all the Genes need to be unlocked.

Heck, all they really need is someone with the knowledge to unlock them.

I was planning on eventually having them all unlock through each upgrade module.

That's why I was going to have John go through more campaigns.

Not unless he just gets them all unlocked and tries to figure out what they do.

If you have any questions, I can answer them.
        I remember you gave me a list. WHERE IS IT-
        Right here.

A lot of the abilities are direct consequences of other abilities. His extra speed comes from him having more durability and strength, for example.

It's kind of complex.

Genesong Enhancements

01. Increased Strength........................(Can lift up to 100 Metric Tonnes with armor on (110 US Tons). Without armor, he can lift up to 20 Metric Tonnes (22 US Tons).)

02. Increased Speed...........................(Can now run at a maximum of 100 mph, due to his faster reaction time and tougher body. Any faster and he runs the risk of injuring himself.)

03. Increased Reaction Time...................(Can react 80 times faster than the average human. Without armor, it's 16 times faster than the average human.)

04. Increased Intelligence....................(Better ability to understand complex concepts, better ability to understand machinery operations, mathmatical concepts, scientific concepts, faster learning proccess, faster linguistic capabilities.)

06. Immunity/High Resistance to Poison........(Self explanitory.)

07. Dramatically Decreased Aging..............(Self explanitory. Can survive being in Realm of Darkness for longer amounts of time.)

08. Increased Durability......................(Indestructible bones and increased cellular integrity. Skin is resistant to blades and small caliber ammunition (22., 38., etc.). 40. and above can still pierce his skin. Blades can still pierce his skin, but has to have a larger amount of force behind blade. Humans with above-average strength can pierce his skin.)

09. Darkness Abilities........................(Regains use of Darkness Abilities. John was only borrowing Ansem's power.)

10. Proficency With Light.....................(Less strain when using Light Abilities. Allowed use of defensive Light. More potent light abilities (increased range, increased power, etc.).)

11. Proficency With Darkness..................(More Potent Darkness abilities (more solid darkness, harder darkness, increased range, increased power, etc.).)

12. Better Eyesight...........................(Increased range, slightly better "night vision".)

13. Better Hearing............................(Can hear better than the average human. Able to hear almost unnoticable sounds.)

14. Better Manual Dexterity...................(Faster reloading, better "knife-work", etc.)

15. Faster Healing............................(Heals much faster than a human. Can heal from injuries within a few minutes.)

16. Better "Spartan Time".....................(Can react 100 times faster than the average human. Without armor, it's 20 times faster than the average human.)
        So should I pick one of the Upgrade Modules, or does John get one of his enhancements?

Or are the enhancements for the Extractor Campaign?

How many Campaigns are there?
        I have... 5, last mission included.
        It'll be fine. I promise.
        Maybe.
        AHH! I'm confused.

Not unless John goes on ten other missions, to get all of his enhancements.

I'm thinking that John uses the Upgrade Modules and at the very end, he tells Yukari and Eirin, or somebody that he has an ace-in-the-hole, his Genesong DNA.

They then unlock the Genes and John gets the abilities.

Does that sound right to you?

If that's the case, then John will pick shields.
        Alrighty then.
        I might try something. But I have to get to Voile to do that.
        Brb in few seconds.
        No problem.
        OK I didn't sleep yesterday, but I did dig through a bunch of Genetics books.
        Is my pic broken? Does this image work?

@Wriggle
        For what?
        Talk Bunnett Square and Chi-Analysis to me. Let's discuss freaking DNA splicing and Parkinson's, SHALL WE?

(EVIL EIRIN LAUGH)

@Pringles
        Genesong stuff. Just experimenting.
        @Wriggle
        What did you find?

EDIT:

Ahh, I see.

Yea, in all honesty, I think the whole Genesong thing would work only if they either injected him with something that would activate the genes, or if they do the Forerunner approach.

The injection would take a long time to take effect, due to the fact that it would have to go through his whole system, while the Forerunner approach would be instantaneous because it affects all cells in one surge.

Or they could simply use magic and copy the Forerunner approach to genetic modification; blast him with energy until they activate.
        So, after much review and experimentation, Eirin (master of medicine) Satori (Master of minds) and Yukari (Master of everything) can give you the nerfed version of all the Genebros for the final battle.
        How nerfed? Not by too much, is it?

It's just that I asked everyone else and they seemed to be okay with it.
        Nerfed enough to not make John a God, but not too much so John's still uber.
        @Wriggle
        Ok, sounds good.

It is hard to upgrade upgrade someone when they're already super.

This might sound like an odd request, but do you have a modified version of my list, so I know the maximum what he's capable of?
        I'll need my pc to do that.
        @Wriggle
        No problem, I can wait.

Here's a little something I found. (Don't look if you're afraid of spiders. I am, but it doesn't bother me.)

Besides, this RP is self-sustaining.

This one is a very lax one.

The other RP is more serious and as such, should be treated that way.
        Kilelicus is the GM of that one, so we do as he instructs.

Over here, we each keep each other in check. Basically, we are all the GMs.

There are many times when I want to give John (Master Chief) a little something extra, so I consult the community.
        If they approve, then John gets a new toy, if not, then back to the drawing board.

It's kind of like when I introduced John's Genesong Enhancements to the game.

In the beginning, it really was overpowered, but with the feedback of my RP friends (TM), we were able to come up with a more balanced version.
        Heck, there have been times when I've gone and told somebody that they should do something differently, but in the end, we all still get along.

I hold everyone's opinion in the highest regard and read as many posts as I can, trying to help people when they need it.
        Even more so to Major Mario. He was the creator of this RP after all.

Of course, (no offence) he dropped out and is now a spectator, a person that checks up on the story every once in a while.

Now back to my video/pic posting frenzy, I mostly stay on track with the RP, so there's no problem with me, is there?

Not unless they want us to stop posting and conversing with each other and take it to "Count to 10,000", but nobody goes there anyways, and we'll get chewed out for polluting the thread with RP stuff.

It always dies after a couple of hours, then Deathly has to bring it back to life.

In the end, I really don't see what I'm doing wrong.

Am I doing something wrong? I am posting things that relate to the RP, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?
        @Wriggle
        A quick question, can you send me John's altered Genesong list, for when he gets his enhancements?

I asked before, but you were busy.

@Wonder
        Yep.

"I do know how to pick em."
        Actually I was looking for a post where I wrote all the Improvised Genesong.
        @Wriggle

I've got it here.

(Click me)

There's just one thing I have to talk to you about though.

(Click Me)
        @Pringles
        Yeah, for reaction time, do as you please.

@Neo
        It sounds fine. Do what you want.
        @Wriggle

Oh yea, almost forgot.

John will have the Titus Shield Reinforcements.
        Titus? Okay. That makes John a literal TANK.

Brb, dinner.
        Okay few things.

1. We might be able to start the fifth and final mission tomorrow.
        Which means REALLY LONG posts from me because I have to manage all the battles for you guys and add some highlights for the 2hus you chose.

2. DO NOT FIND DAIYOUSEI'S ARM! As BS as this sounds, this is going to serve as a trigfer for Cirno's Super Saiyan EX mode.

3. Mima, I agree. Sukusukus are freaking adorable.

4. Pringles I will have the improvised Genesong tomorrow morning maybe.

5. Good night!
        @Wriggle
        Nighty night.

I still have the list if you need ideas.

Looks like Renamon was wrong!

John's light doesn't have to be used for just destruction.
        How am I understanding German all of a sudden?

Here's the improvised Genesong *pack* that I'll be introducing. The Genesong *pack*, researched and created primarily by a Halo fan Shimamura Itou, will grant John the following effects for an hour:

Improvised Genesong Enhancements

01. Increased Strength........................(Previous: Can lift up to 100 Metric Tonnes with armor on (110 US Tons). Without armor, he can lift up to 20 Metric Tonnes (22 US Tons).)

I pondered, whether lifting 100 metric tonnes with armor will be necessary. So I toned it down to 75, 25% decrease. To compensate, he can lift up to 25 without armor, giving him a 25% boost.

02. Increased Speed...........................(Can now run at a maximum of 100 mph, due to his faster reaction time and tougher body. Any faster and he runs the risk of injuring himself.)

I was fine with this, and left it in-tact.

03. Increased Reaction Time...................(Can react 80 times faster than the average human. Without armor, it's 16 times faster than the average human.)

Average human reaction is approximately 150 to 300 milliseconds. (0.15 to 0.3 seconds) 80 times faster would mean that John's reaction time is 12 to 24 seconds, which is ludicrous, considering it's not even Spartan Time.
        Toned this down a lot, from 80 times to 48 times.

04. Increased Intelligence....................(Better ability to understand complex concepts, better ability to understand machinery operations, mathmatical concepts, scientific concepts, faster learning proccess, faster linguistic capabilities.)

This is very vague in term, so I gave a mathematical definition and gave his brain cells 30% capacity boost.

Immunity to diseases would mean John would be pretty much impervious to bacteria and virus, and the only way he could really die is by blood loss or aging, which I find makes him literally immortal. Toned this down like this:
        - John's platelets gain ability to fight bacteria and virus as well.
        - John produces antibodies of the bacteria and virus gene 20% faster than normal humans.

06. Immunity/High Resistance to Poison........(Self explanitory.)

Again, same deal as #5. Fixed this so that the poison travels much slower in John's body. For example, a lethal poison that is inserted into a person's blood vein at the left thigh will reach his heart in 5 minutes. John's blood vein, however, will slow the poison down so that the poison reaches his heart in 7 minutes and a half, a 50% slow.

07. Dramatically Decreased Aging..............(Self explanitory. Can survive being in Realm of Darkness for longer amounts of time.)

This should allow him to live with Yukari longer {Cough} but still very vague. Giving a basic quantitative data and increasing his life span by 500%, up to 400 years old.

08. Increased Durability......................(Indestructible bones and increased cellular integrity. Skin is resistant to blades and small caliber ammunition (22., 38., etc.). 40. and above can still pierce his skin. Blades can still pierce his skin, but has to have a larger amount of force behind blade. Humans with above-average strength can pierce his skin.)

What you're saying isn't increased durability: it's elastic skin. Like this guy: http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_Serpent
        I could understand the elastic skin, but indestructible bones seem... imba. Scratched that out.

09. Darkness Abilities........................(Regains use of Darkness Abilities. John was only borrowing Ansem's power.)

Understandable. Left it the same.

10. Proficency With Light.....................(Less strain when using Light Abilities. Allowed use of defensive Light. More potent light abilities (increased range, increased power, etc.).)

Defensive light magic... you need to give solid examples.

11. Proficency With Darkness..................(More Potent Darkness abilities (more solid darkness, harder darkness, increased range, increased power, etc.).)

Combine Ansem's power and Rumia's training for intense darkness power!

12. Better Eyesight...........................(Increased range, slightly better "night vision".)

This should also be given some sort of numerative value. You know how people always say they have 2.0/2.0? Well John has 3.0/3.0.

13. Better Hearing............................(Can hear better than the average human. Able to hear almost unnoticable sounds.)

This is just heightened senses.

14. Better Manual Dexterity...................(Faster reloading, better "knife-work", etc.)

Okay.

15. Faster Healing............................(Heals much faster than a human. Can heal from injuries within a few minutes.)

This, I was kind of contemplative about. John already has the biofoams to sustain him through the battle, and even if it runs out, his armor and his shield upgrade will sustain him through the battle. But if you really want, I can set up something where you "obtain" faster healing abilities.

16. Better "Spartan Time".....................(Can react 100 times faster than the average human. Without armor, it's 20 times faster than the average human.)

"This seems about right." was what I first thought, until I realized how OP this would be. I mean, his reaction time is already going to be increased 48 times already.
        Kinda gave some modifications to Spartan Time so that John can utilize it better. For example, he uses 30% less energy when under Spartan Time, allowing him to keep it on for longer.

Added Choice
        Titus Shield Reinforcements: When John's shield is online, John blocks up to 60% of the damage received by damage that is equal to 2000 lb of TNT or larger..

What I envisioned John was a tanky bruiser (Talking in MOBA perspective) that can take damage and keep going like a juggernaut. This allows him to take a really large blast (say, a large blast of energy or a nuke) without worrying that he will completely ruin his armor. However, it does not work against smaller attacks, such as gatling guns or smaller missiles. Also, sword strikes and other melee bypass this reinforcement.

OR

Kappatech Hydroshield: John's shield recharges when out of combat, and the recharge rate is increased by 1% for every 1% of his shield missing.

Better suited for longer battles, Kappatech Hydroshield literally absorbs water molecules in the atmosphere and recharges his shield slowly. While the rate isn't that impressive, that extra 1% could save John from life-and-death situation.
        I'm back.

Wriggle, did you see my post?
        @Wriggle

I was wondering something.

Does John get his enhancements at the Extractor mission?
        I'm just curious.

That being said, is it okay if I have the modified list of John's enhancements?
        You can just post it here and I'll save it. It's so then I know what he can and can't do.
        He gets the full improvised Genesong at the Final Battle.
        ^Which I can't post right now cuz I'm on my phone.

Also, if Mantis can't fly, Mokou will MAKE IT FLY!
        @Wriggle

Jason:

Okay, sounds good about the Genesong. Just be sure to send the list later.

I don't want to try and guess his abilities and make stuff up along the way.

@Kristia

I edited my post. John is now responding.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................. I'll come back but I will say this, If you have something to say, tell whoever created the RP about it. I don't care if you are a mod or not, if you're not the one that made it, I won't listen. If I ask for help, then give it but if I'm not then don't give. This also goes for your "criticism" as well. I will rework Zero's app and type everything I wanted to keep secret so there won't be any surprises.

Since I'm back, Mima, still waiting on post in IS. I set it up for when you counterattack. Can someone help me find the last post for Yuuka's Mansion in AtWaG? Cucoo, don't tell me to do that search thing because you're asking for help to find a post as well.

@SUS

So you're finally bringing in Elesis to AtWaG I see. I was actually thinking of using that sword for Zero's fire sword after doing something with Raylin (Nothing sexual at all) and I like her jacket as well.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai

I don't care if you are a mod or not, if you're not the one that made it, I won't listen.
            If you don't listen to the Mods, then you will get banned. It's the equivalent of disobeying the police. That is essentially what Mods are. We are the enforcers, the police, and if you don't follow the rules, then you will get banned. No exceptions.

I would hate to ban you, but if you give me no other choice and act on what you just said, I will carry out my duty as a Mod and make you leave TSU. I would hate to possibly upset Kristia by banning one of her friends, but you're really pushing it. Your "stubbornness" is not cool, it's not admirable, and it's not doing you any favors, so stop it.

@TRXD

@Zekai

"I should of gotten a feel for her magic when I saw her." He said as he looked down from above. "Damn, I can't tell with people using magic all around me." Zekai's self insert frustratedly said. Just then, Zero felt something different. "This feeling is different from others, maybe it's her." Zekai's self insert said as he flied towards the source.
            [...]
            Ryofu followed Kris' magic feel and eventually found her at the lake with a girl in a wheelchair.
            Turns out that Trista isn't the only one with a plot-*ahem*-magical sense...

This... is treading on some unstable ground here. I don't think that characters should possess a magical sense so early on, if ever. It's seems like a cheap plot sense and it doesn't feel like something that a novice/beginner mage should know. Novices shouldn't be so attuned to magic so early on. Sure, some characters may have little pieces of experience, like Zero Zekai ~ the Nylocke guy, but I don't think it should be to an extent where the mages KNOW what each kind of magic feels like and how to trace it to a source.
            Trista may possess a similar ability, the Umbral Sense, but that only works in proximity and it does not trace magic itself. It instead targets nearby people and looks into what kind of person they are, their personality, and more. Despite this ability, Trista does not know how to control it. She does not know how to use it or is aware of what it can truly do. Trista gets overwhelmed by her Sense and it only stops when the source is at a sufficient distance away from her.

All the parts I bolded and underlined are the parts that could be interpreted as snide. I don't necessarily think that you were trying to be mean, but it could really make the target of your post defensive, making them more likely to get angry and lash out. The rule I generally follow is that I'm usually kind, yet sometimes firm in the initial post, but that depends on whether or not they have dragged the problem for longer than it needs to be. I give them the straight truth without personally attacking them, and try to remain calm and neutral. Of course, I'll admit, even I am susceptible to getting angry and being harsh every once in a while, but I also try and make people understand that I'm not trying to be mean, that they may be making things difficult, but in the end, I'm simply trying to help them. We have to be careful with what we say, and sometimes it's hard to do so, but everyone counts on us to maintain order.

I'm glad that you at least acknowledged that you might have made a mistake, so it's nothing too major. Just try to be a little more gentle next time.
            Last edited by S121; 03-26-2014, 06:36 AM.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

@S121

Sucks for you guys because I don't listen to the police anyways, most of the time it's just BS I get from them. Mods are like Assistant Guild Masters, have some power but not all and it's not like you guys can delete my account and stop me from posting.
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai

@S121

Sucks for you guys because I don't listen to the police anyways, most of the time it's just BS I get from them. Mods are like Assistant Guild Masters, have some power but not all and it's not like you guys can delete my account and stop me from posting.
                (I'm keeping these for later. ^^^)

Sucks for you because we can easily get Keychain here to ban you from the forum, preventing you from posting period. Is that what you want? Is that your attitude? "F*ck tha police?"

We'll see who's tough sh*t then, won't we?

This is your final warning. Stop acting like a whiny 16 year old and act your age, or we will simply get you banned from the RPs altogether.
                Last edited by S121; 03-26-2014, 06:59 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

@Zekai

Zekai for one I have the mods to ENFORCE THE RULES. I'm sorry to get mad, but I am getting a little annoyed by this point.

The mods in TSU are meant to enforce the rules. I gave them permission to tell people to change things if it is necessary. If someone breaks a rule, if someone needs to be banned in TSU the mods can DO SO. If you still won't listen to the mods then well... I will sadly have to temporarily suspend you. I'm truthfully sorry, but this is getting annoying. Remember not every RP is like the other, nor are they like Servers. In my RP I have assigned mods to be able to enforce the rules. If they tell anyone to do something that is against the rules, then that person has to listen to them. If someone breaks enough rules then a Mod can ban a RPer from the RP.

So please Zekai. You can listen to the mods, or you can leave TSU. I'm leaving the choice up to you.

Comment

@S121
                    Oh yeah... That... Eheheheheheheheheheh... My bad...
                    Old habits die hard, it seems. I sometimes just do those kinds of things when something isn't right or when I want to get a point across. I guess it must have been something that I picked up on back at my old school... which is NOT a good thing! Ever! It just proves that my old school actually influenced me and my way of life. This is DEFINITELY something that I need to wean out.

@SUSTIC and S121
                    Man, I am one slow poster for not noticing what's just been posted. I'm not entirely sure whether to just watch, join in, or start a competition of badassery.
                    (I know this is not a time for jokes. But come on, I just had to.)
                    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-26-2014, 07:01 AM.
                    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Oh boo hoo, you're going to cry to the admin just to ban me, wimps.

(Guys better stop ticking me off, I've warned you already not to argue with me when I'm sick. It's just going to get worse)

Comment

@Zekai

Then you can say goodbye to your right to post in TSU. *Banned for a week*

No turning back now, Zekai. You've simply shown us what kind of person you are, and now that we know, we've lost our respect in you. You'll have to earn it back. Of course, I doubt you care. You being sick has no bearings on how you behave so stop thinking that we'll wait on you hand and knee. You're no prince, and we will not treat you as such.

Post in TSU if you like. Personally attack me if it pleases you. Flame me until I literally combust. You're simply tightening the metaphorical noose around your neck.

@TRXD

Yea, we all pick up bad habits. It's just a matter of keeping them in check. No worries though. No major harm done.

As for this little skirmish, you can add whatever you want to the conversation. Contribute however. Zekai crossed the line, and now he's going to be punished. I'm usually the type to feel bad for doing something like this, but not with him. I feel no remorse, or pity.
                        sigpic

Comment

I feel no remorse, or pity.
                          Or comfortable. in. this. costume.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

Welcome back!

What costume? Pics please. XD
                            sigpic

Comment

I was here the entire time. ating for posts. Of which there are none.

Also, I was referencing this.
                              http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/image...20111028121142

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

Yea, just had a long night, had no time to post. I have a post halfway done, and I'll post it soon. I just gotta fuel back up with a quick breakfast.

Also, the clip sounds pretty close to what I was saying.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X