Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S121 View Post
    @Mima

I wish I could hear it, but Youtube takes up a lot of phone data. There's only 1G left on this phone.

Sorry I can't listen to it. What does it sound like? What genre?
    It's hard to pinpoint. I can't really explain it, it's just one of those things you have to listen to to understand.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Zekai

No, I meant data as in "data plan".
      This phone is allowed a maximum total amount of data it can use per payment cycle. This one's is 3.3Gbs. It shares data with the rest of the family, and 10Gbs were split into 3 parts.

@Mima

Industrial style? Just a wild guess.

What feelings does the song create?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
        @Zekai

No, I meant data as in "data plan".
        This phone is allowed a maximum total amount of data it can use per payment cycle. This one's is 3.3Gbs. It shares data with the rest of the family, and 10Gbs were split into 3 parts.

@Mima

Industrial style? Just a wild guess.

What feelings does the song create?
        Not industrial style, far from it.
        As for feeling, it's sort of a sense of finality. The end is near, and only one more obstacle stands in your path.

It could also be a race against time, your time dwindling, yet still more lies ahead you must face. And fast.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

Hmm... I may not know what's going to happen in the future, but I believe the battle with The Auditor will be interesting.

What instruments are used in the song?
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

guys.. if we ever make a Dead Space RP.. I just got the perfect images for a character, thank you internet for crossovers.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not a Dead Space person so I wouldn't join.

Sent by Tapatalk
              "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

but the suspense, and the survival tactics, and the necromorphs.. (Dead space fan)

lol its fine
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I've been up all night and am extremely tired so I'm hitting the hay. See ya'll later.

Sent by Tapatalk
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

enjoy the rest Zekai

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

OOOH! OOOH! CAN I BE ISAAC!? XD

I have been thinking of Dead space lately, and I just love everything about the games!

Heck, to be honest, Isaac has to be one of my absolute favorite characters. In my opinion, Visceral did a good job on him. If you've played the games, you feel for the guy; from his harrowing first encounter on the Ishimura, to him trying to overcome the grief he feels over Nicole, while fighting off The Marker's influence, to his personal struggles in DS 3. He's a badass, but at the end of the day, he's just a normal guy trying to survive what he's been put into. Unlike every other badass, alien stomping, sci-fi hero, he is actually vulnerable. He's not a supersoldier with superpowered power armor, he's not some grizzled space marine, he's not a lone - wolf bounty hunter, and he's definitely no Shepard. He's just a simple CEC Systems Engineer, but despite that, he used his wits and willpower to survive the worst the galaxy could throw at him. A simple human like you or me, yet he managed to kill a moon. I think what I like about him is that he's not extraordinary, he's just a guy that is put into extraordinary circumstances and rises to the occasion.

As for the creatures, I think they are so cool. Gruesome and disturbing, but cool. The whole "alien parasite" bit is used quite often, but they made the Necromorphs feel fresh. They felt unique, and having to strategically dismember them was even cooler. Heck, they even pushed the limits to how dark they could get and pit you against babies and children-turned Necromorphs. Yea, it doesn't seem like much, but when you really think about it, how MN any other games pushed the envelope that far? How would you feel if you had to kill that what was once children? It's innocence twisted and corrupted into monsters.

Granted, the first game was scarier than the others, but think of it like this. If you were Isaac and encountered these twisted abominations countless times, would you really be scared anymore? In a way, the games transitioning to survival-horror, to survival-thriller was an understandable move. Some people might say, "no, do not change the formula. You had it right.", but I simply enjoy the ride, all the twists and turns before the end of the ride. Besides, it was pretty badass when you fly AT THE MOON. XD

Man, now I feel like playing Dead Space. Anyway, if this RP is made, you can bet that I would join, and would predictably pick Isaac. Trust when I say this, it is extremely hard for Isaac to be OP in an RP. Trust me, I know from experience. XD
                      Last edited by S121; 11-12-2014, 01:52 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

First..

That sudden enthusiasm was perfect, sure you could be Isaac Clarke, he is a badass engineer (in my opinion) you are similar in terms of personality

And you are right about understanding him

It is true that you feel him while playing the games, first you are practically alone in the Ishimura surviving by yourself with whatever you got (or punching your way too) to both keep the ship intact and manage to survive. Then on the second game, you feel how this horrible event traumatized you and you try to come with the fact that your mind is twisted while also trying to find the hope of the one you lost or try to face new people while also surviving in another outbreak, and to make it even better, you go back to the source of your trauma. Then comes the closure, you want to simply end this damn thing and would just do it knowing that you could die with it.

You just know you are Isaac Clarke and understand him, because he is just a human after all.

Actually, you can have a character sheet about him (totally not advertising ) because he is a freaking engineer who has limits and man he doesn´t shows this bravado of the hero, he gets scared, yet faces adversities with a Will of fire.

Spoiler:

Comment

Wait
                          WaitWaitWaitWaitWait
                          Back up
                          Necromorphs
                          Are
                          ...parasites?

Ok I feel stupid now for not putting 2+2 together on this.
                          That explains why you were saying there were some Dead Space vibes coming from the Nihiliods.
                          That explains alot.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dear Cucoo, Necromorphs are like the flood, like the nihiloids..

They are space crazily mutated zombies

Spoiler:

Comment

RP General Discussion

Wait
                              My brain is derping extra hard right now

Ok let me get this straight
                              Necromorphs are still considered zombies, but mutated. Caused by some parasitic thing?
                              The flood is similar?

So my Nihiliods are just mean bugs that keep people alive, grow in them, use them as an exoskeleton, and then eat them... Which finally kills the host.

...Nihiliods seem less scary for some reason now...

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Kristia

*fangasm* XD

Anyways, yes, that is exactly what I like about him. Heck, in the 3rd game, he almost gave up and Carver had to convince him to keep moving. You actually feel bad for Isaac when he finally breaks down and doesn't want to continue. How many other heroes do you feel that connection with?

Anyways, I would be more than happy to play as Isaac. To be honest, I don't know which character is my favorite, John or Isaac. I simply talk about John a,lot because there is a lot of hidden info about him, and his character development is always changing, due to all the comics and games still coming out. I like John because he's a complex character with complex lore, but I like Isaac because he is very relatable.

@Cucoo

Yep. They are like those things off of a movie that I think is called "The Thing". I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Unlike all the other alien space parasites, Necromorphs are just feral and vicious. They give the feel of the Nihilids, only they are not insectoid. Have you seen some videos of Dead Space? I recommend you check the Dead Space wiki for Necromorphs. Some of the entries are just brutal, like one species is a man that isn't fully turned, so he is in constant pain as the "infection" causes tentacles to emerge from his open chest cavity. If you listen closely, you can hear the guy screaming. 0-0

@Kristia

Now that I think about it, would Yukkuricraft.net allow a Dead Space RP? It's not too violent, is it? It's definitely not pg-13, but do you think it might be possible to try and see?

What are your thoughts?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X