X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Katrix

Ahh, I see. Well, I guess he kind of did it to himself then. It's just a shame that it came to that.

Also, I have a question. If we were to make a Dead Space RP, what would be considered safe content? Kristia and I were talking about it on page 1228 and 1229, talking about what we would have to remove from the DS canon to make it more appropriate.

in the end, you have the final say, so I thought that it's only right to bring it up to you before we suddenly start it out of the blue (when I get back).

What are your thoughts?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

As long as it fairly pg 13 it'll be okay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Ok. I think Krista will be pleased to hear the news.

Oh boy, oh joy, now to talk with Kristia and figure out what the whole plot will be...

Any ideas you want to add? I'm interested to hear, if you feel like sharing.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
          As for Mario, let's just say that he had an outburst some time after he left. I won't tell more.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          For some reason, Im not surprised of this

Hm.. seems that we have a possible path to make a Dead Space story, but how do we tone things down..
          Obvious things would be no explicit stuff like most of the gore in the game, check
          Either calm down unitologists religion or shut it down, check
          Weaponry would be just bullet style (No you can't use the awesome flying saw, too gory), check
          We would need to make a story related to the last game (including DLC) , check
          Characters, I think there can only be human, got to check
          Location, can be Earth, moon and/or a colony in space (insert space core joke)
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Kristia View Post
            For some reason, Im not surprised of this

Hm.. seems that we have a possible path to make a Dead Space story, but how do we tone things down..
            Obvious things would be no explicit stuff like most of the gore in the game, check
            Either calm down unitologists religion or shut it down, check
            Weaponry would be just bullet style (No you can't use the awesome flying saw, too gory), check
            We would need to make a story related to the last game (including DLC) , check
            Characters, I think there can only be human, got to check
            Location, can be Earth, moon and/or a colony in space (insert space core joke)
            The problem is, getting rid of the gore, the unitologists, the makeshift weapons, all of that, removes what makes the game unique.

Most games don't really feel like killing your character, Dead Space, on the other hand, embraces it. Have you seen how many death animations there are? Dozens upon dozens. The makeshift weapons were unique, and added to the thought that you were desperate to survive, and used whatever the hell you could find to stop them.

The unitologists are interesting to the story, and are quite tied into it.

Making a story tied to the last game would be difficult, considering how it's DLC ended.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

To me there is no problem with the makeshift weapons, I loved the javelin gun in DS2 and the three bladed slash weapon in DS3. I would be perfect with the grenade/mine launcher. So weaponry can be ok

The unitologist can actually be a faction on the RP, just got to see the lore about it.

The gore is our main issue, that is the what makes Dead Space such an unique game, how can we balance it with the PG-13 rule?
              .-And about the PG-13, what are the limits for PG-13 content? because I can tell you that kids of that age have
              seen gore/sexual content in this period of time.

For the DLC we got that the moon sized necromorphs are having a feast or controling everything, so we can start with
              lucky survivors who managed to escape the living hell that the Earth and the Moon are facing
              Last edited by Kristia; 11-12-2014, 05:11 PM.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Lucky" is an objective word in that scenario.

I think gore is fine here. We've had it in ATWAG, and nobody gave a damn. Just look at the arc over in California. The enemies there are certainly quite gory and off-putting.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

So what do you think then?

Spoiler:

Comment

Meh. Maybe.

Comment

@Kristia and Mima

Yea, I think that the Unitologists would be safe to keep in the RP. They are a religion in DS, but it is more cult like and has the simple goal of "Convergence", essentially becoming one with one another and the universe. To me, I would treat it the same way as The Covenant from Halo.

As for the gore and sawblades, we could simply be vague with the details, like no intestines spilling out of someone's abdomen and getting eaten by some crazy person. (Man, and I liked the gory horror of the DLC. )

I think all the weapons should be safe, and as Mima said, we did have gore in ATWAG, only we didn't go too into detail, at least not enough to get into trouble.

In that case, I do believe we should be safe for the most part, as long as we don't reference dead babies. We might just use the dog variant.

As for me, I may not be RPing yet, but I will try to work on Isaac's app. All I really need to do is make some slight alterations to Isaac's ATWAG app.

Just a quick question, is anyone planning on using Carver? I just want to know for future reference. I'm not planning on using Carver, so he's up for grabs.
                      Last edited by S121; 11-12-2014, 11:24 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was interested in his back story but..

Spoiler:
                        http://i.imgur.com/X02f9SF.jpg

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Awww sheeeeit. Samus has stopped killing space pirates to start killing space zombies. XD
                          sigpic

Comment

She needs her gun, screw dead space weapons.

Sent by Tapatalk
                            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai

Anyone can kill a zombie with an energy cannon, it takes a real pro to kill with powertools. Samus understands this. XD
                              sigpic

Comment

I actually wouldn´tbe Samus, this blonde would be like either MSF or Corrupture characters (I have great ideas for a character in stories that died too soon)

One of the main weapons she will have is the three bladed slash weapon of DS3 (got to search for its name)

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X