Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@S1

ah... yes...that feeling...
    I know what you mean... and the only thing I can say that I can theorize is that most characters are stuck in a "twilight zone" in terms of their full potential. With the Spartans, their full potential is known and quantified by lore. Most character's lore doesn't go to such specifics. Therefore... creative liberty is applied generously by the writers. I think that's what you're noticing.

Comment

For some reason I don't necessarily see a glaring problem.

1. The one reason why you find John coming out short against the bosses is maybe because of the game's origins. John's from HALO universe where everything is explainable by science, while the people he's around are based on magic and occult and arcane stuff. Sure he has the Light and Dark magic in his disposal, but he's still a novice at it and the magic comes out in mixed results.

2. Face it, John's THE main character as far as the amount of attention put into the arcs go. In the end there will always be plot armor, no matter what kind of storytelling you visit. The most that we can do is make sure we make the main character work for that victory.

3. Unrelated, I'm waiting for you in Corrupture.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo and Wriggle

Eh, I guess you're right about that. The creative aspect is perhaps the weakness, as well as him being quite out of place in a world dominated by magic-based Characters. His aspect is more science-based.

@Wriggle

I hate to admit it, but I guess you may also be right about the main character status. I don't know (I have been saying that a lot), but it's like I have thought so much and so deeply about this that I no longer remember why I even focused on this topic in the first place... Does anyone remember why? -.-

I'll get on Corrupture asap.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Utsuh, about what you asked of offering me what to know about the Spartan armor, I´m ok with the knowledge I have from the games, don´t worry^^
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Ok, but I thought what I might have to say might be of interest, especially what AIs do to a SPARTAN's reaction time. (Hint: it's so cool, especially when you consider that they both are essentially linked to work as one. I think it's mainly because it's me geeking out about it.)
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean, you will see about how Melissa and Vala interact as soon as she gets accepted
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Ok.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok another strange train of occurrences...
                  Because of S1's question on John's power level, I was reminded of the battle against Grima at the end of season 1 at the medical camp.
                  Reading through that scene made me realize that I did a decent Grima, better than I was playing out Robin.
                  Due to that, I started questioning my decision to try out all the characters I did and therefore brought me back to me writing out the excess characters and made me ask: Which characters do I actually need to write out anymore? Or have they all been "swept under the rug" due to their minimal consequence to anything even though there would be "loose ends" if one were to read from the beginning...?
                  Which of my characters should I actually worry about in cleaning up the mess I had made with them?

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, there's Shulk, Link...

What other characters did you have, besides the Assassin?

Oh, there was also the "future kid", Eleos, and I think a couple others.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know Link has interactions yet...
                      Shulk... I don't believe there are any...
                      Eleos and Kenway... they are both... eh...

anyway here was the "from the top of my head I think this is complete" list

FE: A
                      Robin (M)
                      Robin (F)
                      Morgan
                      Lucina
                      Grima

LoZ
                      Link

KI
                      Palutena

PSO2
                      Lisa

XC
                      Shulk
                      Alvis
                      Klaus
                      Meyneth

OCs
                      Cicero
                      Nero
                      Eleos
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-15-2015, 01:58 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok, so which ones should be written out?

Also, I'll be a little slow to reply because I am washing the dogs. I May not answer immediately, but know that I am still here.)
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm staying by my original concept of just going back to Robin, Morgan, Grima for a while before I write them out too.

In the end I want to go back to a clean slate and maybe try out a different type of character.
                          And by type of character I mean bad guys. Because I noticed that I managed to pull off a decent Grima when I looked back on the scene... It makes me think I would do better than with the "good guys"

...actually I forgot about the Monados... though not characters... they could be used in a set up for one.
                          So if I do a clean slate deal, what I would probably change out for would be:

Zanza (which I could set up through the Monado and Klaus)
                          and Albedo (which would be a new character).

And the nice thing is... these two would die off at a point so I could keep my character count low while at the same time trying new characters.

Plus... I think I should also raffle off the characters I'm currently dealing with to those that do want them.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok. As for killing them off, would you like me to retract those parts in the arc?

As for the matter of bad guys, I'm a little interested to find out how you play them. What I've found is that they play differently than the good guys. There's a certain aspect to playing a bad guy that I can't quite put my finger on, but you know it when you experience it.

Do you know what I mean?
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll play them out in the arc, but if someone wants them they can have them. I just want to clean out my roster and tie up the mess of loose ends.

But yeah... Bad guys of a certain variety have the personality I can get into easily. Grima and Zanza have it. Albedo...will be an experiment for me because he has a similar personality but hidden behind madness.

I showed Sus and Mima the video that best portrays him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhfTuXc6Gkg
                              To summarize the video:
                              He's masochistic and sadistic and he can dismember himself and regenerate the missing body part nearly instantly if he so chooses. In the scene he rips off his arm and then his head.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

WTF? 0_0

Why does he do that? 0_0
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X