X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Kristia

well if I have Shulk find Alvis, then I would be recreating the result of this cutscene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW3rWz90eNQ

(Also this shows Shulk with the Monado III)

Comment

@Kristia

Well anyways, can you explain the madness cleansing process, the one you mentioned at the beginning of the RP?

What does it require? How fast can it be performed?

I'll tell you this, Renamon WILL be needed in this plan.

@Cucoo

Reyn can be a jerk
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Its a ritual were the ritualist (Sakuyamon), a protector and an an emotional anchor (surely master chef :P) to accompany her into the subject´s (Yukari) mind.

Inside there, the travelers will go to where the madness is being produced in the memory zone to find the subject´s avatar. Dealing with the madness itself is were the ritualist needs the partner to calm the subject because the ritualist will rip the madness causing a heavy turnmoil in the subject´s mind. The partner will have to do anything to calm the avatar by speaking, pleading, hugging, etcetera ways so she eases the process of cleansing.

If the subjects become agressive the second partner will have to protect both the ritualist and the anchor from the subject´s defenses.

When the madness is ripped out of the subject´s mind, it will search for another host in the real world, that is when the cleansing talismans are of use to seal the madness to send it to wherever its safe from reaching another host

the process can be done in a few hours
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121 + Kristia

He's kind of the one to always make light of a situation. He's that stalwart friend that is always got yer back.

But anyway...I might follow through with what happens in that since Shulk is still in that initial room contemplating the book and I could easily have him wander off looking for it. Now it can change dramatically if Renamon and/or Nera follow.

Comment

Cucoo, you can ask them to help Shulk on whatever he needs like searching for a specific smell or reaching for something

just no heavy lifting stuff from the lucario, she is still healing, but im ok to follow you
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Ok. John will be there. As for the energy required, the digivice would still be charged for it.

@Kristia and Cucoo

Now it's just a matter of distracting Yukari long enough for Renamon to get to her. With this, Monado Speed might be needed for everyone. Hear that Cucoo?

I would consider Edward to perform the sneaking up to Yukari part, but this will result in his death. John would be better suited for sneaking up on Yukari and pinning her. Instead, Edward will set traps to initially disorient Yukari, most likely a smoke bomb, or some kind of trap. He will also be a good candidate for setting the traps

As for Jason, I'm sure his expertise with traps will help with Edward's job. Jason will be making the traps. I'm sure he has a few tricks up his sleeve.

As for John, he's going to be the person to sneak up on her while everyone has her attention. He will most likely get injured as he's holding her up in the air, but it's needed. Yukari's not the kind of person to simply let things happen to her, not without a fight. John will wrap his arms around Yukari and lift her off her feet. Once that happens, he will lock his armor, preventing her from moving. If Yukari tries to fly, she will find that John is immovable, especially with his feet anchored to the ground with Darkness.

As soon as that happens, Renamon will be needed, in order to perform the ritual.

This will happen in The Forest of Magic, due to the coverage the trees will give the group. If they try to fight Yukari out in the open, it will be a losing battle, so the forest is the best battlefield for the plan to work. In RP time, it would take about 3-5 seconds for the plan to go through the action phases, so things will be fast, giving the plan the lightning-fast aspect it needs. With six people to worry about, her attention will be diverted too much for her to notice anyone sneaking up on her, especially with the sounds of battle raging on.
              Last edited by S121; 01-31-2014, 10:32 AM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

ok then, but energy won´t be needed much though, it will be a battle of wills actually, madness is something not good for weak minds

Thats why I enjoy so much that the fox is so stubborn XD

Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121

Monado Speed grants allies the ability to auto-dodge (raises evasion to 95%)
                  It's the equivalent of Shulk's "Vision Dodging" Minus the visions
                  Which I can see being it a situation like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg2ufgZVWL4

Also if it's in a forest...
                  ...Anyone got any magic Rope Kenway could make rope darts out of?
                  Rope darts are fun to use when you have higher ground (like tree tops).
                  ...executing guards by hanging them...
                  Of course I can see Kenway just throwing darts to create a web in this case.

Comment

@Kristia

Ok.

This plan should keep her from altering a single boundary, but there will be gaps to worry about. With that, Monado Speed will help.

@Cucoo

I have a feeling that the injuries John will sustain will be serious, so Shulk might have a vision before the battle. To be honest, I don't know what method Yukari will try to use, not 100%. Of course, if I had to guess, she would use a piercing attack. If she's spent enough time around John, she would know this. Not only that, I'm sure she's smart enough to know how to quickly dispatch John. Luckily for John, his suit has ways to keep him alive. Of course, these countermeasures will be deactivated while John is in lockdown, but they will reactivate as soon as the lockdown deactivates.

As for the rope, I'm sure Jason has some rope. If not, then he should be able to make some. It's probably not magical, but it could get the job done. Maybe Renamon can strengthen the rope with magic, almost like a buff.
                    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Monado Shield would be more fitting in that case...

If it's a lot of small attacks

Speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfdHEcywkJY

If it's one massive attack

Shield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xvIig9_hxE

If it's a different type of attack...

Armour
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-31-2014, 10:43 AM.

Comment

We shall see what happens people, yet Im thinking wriggle will pimp slap us with either a big no or a greater counter XD

Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

That should actually help. I just hope Kristia doesn't get after me for not having John somehow get injured, like with what she said a couple days ago in RP chat.

We won't exactly know what kind of attack will be used, so Shulk will have to guess. His visions are vague, so perhaps you can explain why Shulk wouldn't use the right one by saying that the vision was vague.

As for Monado speed, that will be used for everyone else. They will need the dodging ability, especially with trains, planes, and automobiles flying at them. Shulk will need to cast Monado Speed as soon as the battle starts, as soon as the action phase of the plan is initiated.

@Kristia

He will try,.. but creativity is rewarded in this RP, and if everything goes according to plan, Yukari won't be able to do a single thing, save for gaps, but even then, she won't be able to hit the group.

I know you wanted John to get injured at some point. Do you want him to get injured in this battle, or be safe with Shulk's shields?
                          Last edited by S121; 01-31-2014, 10:50 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

When it comes to combat visions of the immediate future, well
                            look no further than how it was in the Monado Speed video.

That's not vague.

Even in game mechanics, it's designed to quite literally tell you what the next attack is so you can counter it...if you can.

Normally is shows the attack (and type by font color), the damage dealt, and how long until it happens.
                            It becomes a race against time as you try to think of the best way to counter it before time runs out, and the fun part is when the enemy decides to switch agro for vision reacts

*Shulk sees Sharla dying
                            *Shulk uses Monado art
                            *future changes so that Sharla lives
                            *Riki attacks enemy breaking the agro on Sharla to a low value that goes to Riki and then Shulk attacks automatically and the agro shifts to him
                            *Vision now changes to show Shulk now dying in the next 2 seconds
                            *No party guage left to have the other two revive him...

FUUUUUURRRRRBAAAAAAAALL

True story.

EDIT:

Note the big "if" in that fourth line...
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-31-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

utsuh, its not that I want him injured or that im angry at his almost invulnerability to everything

To be honest im impressed to all the gizmos and jibberish they put in the canon stuff of Halo, and I understand that by cannon stuff, the worst thing he had had is a scratch on his armor so its ok

although when you play, your spartan dies because of a punch on the back or a big fall, seriously? they can make a drop from space :P

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia

the gap between game canon and cutscene/other media canon

Xenoblade's gap is fairly small...with most cutscenes actually simply explaining the true potential of an ability which isn't that far off from game mechanics

@ S121

Oh and remember how I was making custom Monado Arts?
                                I can see this being a scene where Monado Bless can be introduced....

Comment

Working...
                                X