X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakumo Estate

"Like I said, you'll need to know it for the next half of the presentation."

Otori walked away and plopped down on the couch. He them pulled out an obviously old PSP system. He turned it on and selected PeaceWalker. He smiled as memories began floating back. He would not take his eyes off of it for any reason.

Comment

Tokyo International Airport - Japan

Ran and John entered the airport without too many people taking notice. Of course, with John's heavy armor slamming the ground and Ran's fox ears visible, of course they would start to take the attention, but they didn't mind... or at least Ran didn't. She only wished that her tails were there. Her back felt... empty.

"Yukari-sama's plane will arrive soon." Ran said to John. Even to a tall Ran, John's size forced her to look up.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

"Ok. Then I suppose we'll wait.", John said to Ran as he looked down and nodded at her.

Truth be told, this entire day was one long chain of running from point A to point B, fighting, emotional turmoil, and a giant surprise to top it all off. It was something John was a little used to, but sometimes he felt as if he was going to lose his mind. After a few seconds of looking out the window to the airstrip, John finally spoke.

"So, how was your day?", John suddenly asked Ran.

To be honest, John was a little exhausted by everything that had happened so far, and hearing how peaceful Ran's day would not only pass the time, but allow him to relax.
        Last edited by S121; 01-17-2014, 12:21 AM.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Banished Library

Renamon looked at the statues and their respective tiles, then she thought about how intrincate the puzzle room was indeed "Patchouli, I got to ask you, what would your father hide in that vault to make each floor a fatal trap to whoever tries to get in?" she asked to the magician
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Well it wasn't too hectic." Ran reminisced her day. "Meeting with the Moriya Shrine... medicine retrieval... it wasn't too busy, but it still kept me without rest for a bit."

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"Probably artifacts long forgotten in the real world." Patchouli hypothesized. "I can think of several... Sword Skofnung, Tarnkappe, Armor of Beowulf... they're all imbued with ancient magic that can shatter the balance of the world if found today."

"What can old items do to devastate the world?" Annie asked in confusion.

Patchouli thought for a second as she flipped through her encyclopedia grimoire. "Isn't there an item in your world called Zhonya's Hourglass?"

"Yeah... that item grants you a stasis effect for 2.5 seconds in the League match..." Annie nodded... "But the League item is a copy of the real one..."

"Exactly. Think about it this way... how strong is Zhonya's Hourglass in real world?" Patchouli asked.

"Well the real item, from what I've heard, gives the user a time stop of 60 seconds- Oooooh." Annie finally understood where Patchouli was getting at.

"Ancient magic is powerful magic. And Elios... is probably hoarding the artifact. Don't know why he's keeping them down here, but he's doing it for a reason, and that reason is probably bad."
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Tokyo International Airport - Japan | Day

"If only we were all so lucky. My day's been a little bit more... hectic.", John said as he lightly smiled in his helmet.

"So far, I was given bad news by The Higher Power that The Auditor has an army of over 100 evil Characters, went to Hank's house, watched it explode, got in a fight with a giant black knight, summoned a group of Heartless, spoke to Jesus, fought through a zombie infested city, got my hands on a weapon capable of killing The Auditor, almost got my eyebrows singed off by a fireball, visited Patchouli, visited Yuuka, visited Patchouli again, went into an underground library, fought a specter that gave me a horrible nightmare, found out I have a daughter, fought a giant acidic slime, learned about 'future Otori', and finally learned about the future.", John said to Ran.

"That was only the first half of the day, and sadly, it's only 4 in the afternoon. I still have yet to get through the second half of the day.", John said with a slight chuckle.

After a moment, John asked Ran another question.

"So what's the medicine for?.. If you don't mind me asking of course.", John said to Ran.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

"I've recently started developing insomnia." Ran answered as the gate opened. People from all over the world came outside, but no Yukari so far. The passengers weren't from the same plane Yukari was in. "So I asked Eirin-san to create a sleeping medicine for me to take nightly so I can sleep better."
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo
                  "Sounds like he has quite the stash, but there's something curious..." Edward looked at the room again. "All this to keep people out is understandable. But...why make it so simple to get into the chambers? It's almost as though it's not keeping people out...but keeping something in..."

Misty Lake - Gensokyo

No response. The sword had no reaction. Only the aura surrounding it began to dissipate.

Comment

When John heard about Insomnia, it was usually from soldiers back in his universe. Due to what they went through, they would develop insomnia, PTSD, and various other psychological problems. It worried John slightly, especially since Ran suffered the most out of the group, having been tortured, then strained to the point of death. Even the most battle-hardened of soldiers would have a few restless nights if they went through something like that. Perhaps he was overreacting, perhaps it was nothing, but he wanted to make sure without drawing too much attention to the subject, at least for Ran's sake.

"What do you think is causing the Insomnia?", John calmly asked Ran.
                    sigpic

Comment

"...It might be because of that day." Ran averted John's gaze. Even without saying, John knew what Ran meant. "It... I never felt such a permanent death... Yukari-sama, me, other Youkais that fell like Aya-san, Meiling-san... They must've been shocked that their existence would be so easily taken away. That shock... I guess it still lives in me... Eating my fear and growing stronger."
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

John had a grim look underneath his helmet. Her words about the shock eating her fear and growing stronger reminded him of his own fears of loss and having to deal with his own form of shock. John didn't know if Ran knew about what happened to him or not, but he knew what she was feeling, at least to some extent. To John, it sounded like Ran was having a hard time coming to terms with her own mortality. Of course, it was understandable, considering that Youkai never really had to worry about such things, as long as they avoided magic weapons and continued to be believed in. Dying so easily was something Humans always had to deal with since the dawn of time, but for a Youkai, it had to have been a shock.

"Sometimes, we just need another person to talk to and have listen to us when we feel like that burden is too much to carry. I suppose we're all afraid of the fact that we can be killed so easily. I've seen that first hand, and to be honest, even I'm afraid to die. Of course, death is inevitable, and even the strongest of us are bound to die eventually. In the end, what matters is not how or when we die, but how and why we live, accepting that it will happen one day, and enjoying the present. I guess... I guess it's something Humans and Youkai have to deal with on a day-to-day basis, coming to terms with our own mortality. Your brush with death was an experience not many of us have twice. What truly matters is that you're here now, taking care of Chen, helping us around the house, and surrounded by people that care about you, and that's the best-case scenario anyone could hope for.", John said to Ran in a tone one would use for close friends.

"I suppose what I'm saying is that we're here for you, and if you need anything of us, or if you need someone to talk to, just ask.", John said, trying to comfort Ran.
                        sigpic

Comment

"At least I have Yukari-sama, Chen..." Ran smiled softly. "And you."

"Oh, there she is!" Ran glanced at the gate to find the next batch of passengers rolling out of the gate. Amongst those was Yukari, stunning as ever, wearing a fashionable contemporary set of clothes that made her look like a celebrity.

"Ran! John!" Yukari waved and ran towards the two in joy.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

As soon as John heard Yukari's voice, he smiled, looked over to her, and saw her in all her beauty. Without hesitation, John removed his helmet and walked over to her, taking care not to walk into anyone passing by him.

"Hey Yukari! How did it go?", John asked Yukari as he finally approached, and leaned down to embrace her and welcome her back.
                            sigpic

Comment

"Lousy, but it was ok." Yukari returned the favor with a short kiss. "America has far harsher rule about Characters' abilities. Don't use your gaps, don't alter any boundaries. Blah blah blah. At least now I know how you commoners feel like."

"How did the business meeting go, Yukari-sama?" Ran asked.

"That, I have confidence to say, went flawlessly. Millard Drexler Jr. was intrigued and decided to merge Violet into his company. He said he wanted to bring back the old glory of his father's JCrew." Yukari responded.

"That's great!" Ran smiled widely. "We have a pressing manner to discuss, so let's go home at once."

"Indeed." Yukari opened her gap portal. "Shall we, John?"
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Listening to Ran talk about "pressing matters" made John wonder how Yukari would react to such news, about having a daughter, hearing about the future, and Takoizu's plan to change it. In a way, it would be a family reunion for Takoizu, and John could tell that she was excited before they left.

"Yep, let's.", John said to Yukari as he followed suit and created a Corridor of Darkness and entered.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X