X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voile

Shepard who was used to megalomaniac speeches from the reapers and other criminals wasn´t startled at all "Let´say we all stop fighting and we let you go, but before we think of doing that, what is that so important task you are talking about?" she asked Jack still aiming her vindicator just in case.

"Klling in order for the better good, what an ironic ideal if you ask me, Im a bounty hunter and have killed countless space pirates and criminals, but atleast I have the total evidence of them deserving a trial or, if they attacked first, a duel. But what you are telling me is that this criminal you killed was naïve, there was no other reason for it? in my point of view, that sounds more like a personal reason than strategic one. Yet I´ll ask you, who this person was?" Samus asked as she calmed down her charge beam
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile

"I attacked out of self-defense, as I had mentioned earlier. Not to mention that this is no one ordinary. She... Was known as the 'Overpower Queen.' That 'queen'... Was the natural born child of Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 and Yukari Yakumo. And as far as telling you the mission, I need proof I can trust you. Otherwise I run the risk of the possibility of you obscuring the mission further than it already has been."

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"I couldn't care less about why you came to Gensokyo." Remilia cocked her head. "All I care about is that you get out of my mansion."
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Voile

"Ok, let me get this straight, you killed the natural creation of both John and Yukari? I have to wonder how in the heck would a marked as perfect soldier chief would have raised that badly his own daughter? he has the moral to even rescue a kitten in a tree. Now the blonde gal may be mischevious, but she is one of the people who ovversee this land´s safety." Samus pointed out what was true from her allies

"Unless she was mind controlled, which I think would be higly improbable due to the genes she would have from both those two, that woman should have had an actual reason to come here. Even more, she would have come to warn us in the present of a great danger that would surely come" the bounty hunter spoke knowing thinking of the luminoths messenger or the aurora units.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Voile

"Do you think I understand it any better!?" Jack exclaimed, now frustrated. "I've done one entire year dedicated to my knowledges of how to apprehend someone like that! But one thing I never understood was why?! Why would she go to the past and risk changing everything to a worse state when we could have fixed it?! I was made to do that, my father died for that cause. He may have been in the future, but I could feel it. I could feel it going through my head! My own father committed suicide! Why?! I was going to fix things! That's why he made me! Why?!"

After a while, Jack picked up the machete and sheathed it.

"... But it's not like you would understand. Not like anyone of you would understand. None of you can imagine what it's like. Just imagine that you were created to save the world one day. You dedicated your life to it. Your mentor taught you everything you needed to know. But then imagine someone getting in the way of that! Someone who isn't even an antagonist, not a rival. Then imagine that your mentor gave up on everything he worked so hard on. All of that which he taught you... He decided to just.."

He NT'd to the entrance of Voile.

"... It's like being discarded in your own game. You were shaped to be the protagonist just so that you could witness as all trust fades. And soon... You're wiped off your own game. A plot that was not meant to be. Do as you like. I'm going to complete my mission... While I still exist."

He began walking to the door.

Comment

Voile

"I do know that feeling you know? losing everything and having next to nothing" Samus interrupted him

"I lost my parents and friends in my colony were the space pirates attcked when I was 3 years old, sure the chozo took me by their care, but I still lost those who I loved, but I also learned something during my years as a bounty hunter. Everyone deserves a second chance."

Spoiler:

Comment

Scarlet Devil Mansion

Meta Knight went through the halls carefully and quietly, avoiding the gaze of the many fairies. He always wondered what was in this mansion. Apparently fairies. Though he had not met their master yet, and hoped he wouldn't. Eventually, they thinned out, and Meta Knight heard that distinct noise, the 'poyo'. Even Meta night never understoof what that noise meant, though it was quite the identifying tag.

He rounded the corner to fianlly see the being in question. Kirby. He was seemingly giving lollipops to two strange people. Maybe they helped him. Nevertheless, Meta Knight was extremely cautious. He coudl almsot feel the huge amounts of energy that these two people had. Dangerous. To both him and Kirby. He watched from around the corner, the only visible part being the top half of his mask.

Fiendish City

"It would be best to avoid as many of the Devillites here as possible. Think disgruntled office workers, but able to hurl things with the strength of a truck and quite the durability too." HP explained.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Voile

Jack didn't even turn around.

"... No you don't. You lost your family, but you had others take care of you. You fought off enemies. You became a hero. Look at me. Trying to do the only thing I have left to do and yet I'm being kicked around the park. I'm seen as some kind of villain. Tell me when your people look at you as the villain. Then you might be able to understand. And as for your second chance... That's something offered to you. And I haven't found one person who would do that. Bot for someone looked down on as a villain."

He opened the doors and began walking. On the floor, he left a book. 'MGSVNB8: Ground Zeroes.' It was already open to a certain page.

The scenery was fire. Nothing but burning construction. The point of view was inside a helicopter passing by. What was burning was Mother Base, the mercenary group led by legendary hero Big Boss or Naked Snake and his second in command, Kazuhira Miller, both of whom were staring in shock at what had become of their creation.

Kaz:... No... No, this isn't fair! Those bastards!!!

Snake: Kaz...

Kaz: This isn't fair!!! We built that!!! That was OURS!!! HOW THE HELL COULD THEY TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US!?!

Comment

Wriggle's House - Gensokyo

"Here we are."

One thing that is notable for the Youkais after the Horizon incident is that they have developed ways to improve their lifestyles by adapting to the outside world. Wriggle in fact was the leading innovator of the modernification of Gensokyo. Her house, unlike the traditional Hakurei Shrine or Scarlet Devil Mansion, was modern to the perfection. The house was overall rectangular and white, with the front wall of the house completely glass. In front of the house sat a well-established front porch with a pool.

sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Hilly Field - Outside Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

As Eve checked her systems, Jack quietly waited and decided to take this opportunity to check his armor's systems as well. After redistributing power across all his systems, Jack then opened up the thruster bays on his back, slowly opening and closing them, then quickly opening and closing them. After ensuring that his thrusters were running smoothly, Jack then depressurized and repressurized his suit's hydrostatic gel layer, then tested the liquid metal crystal layer of the suit by quickly opening and closing his hand, testing not only his grip strength, but his reaction time as well. Much to Jack's satisfaction, his suit was in perfect condition again.

Mess Hall - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

To be honest, Raven had answered all of her questions. There was not much more to ask. Just then, Lily had an idea. Considering that Raven spoke about Eve, perhaps he would also talk about Elsword and Chung and let her familiarize herself with them.

"What about the others?", Lily asked Raven in a curious tone before taking a bite of her pancakes.

Infirmary - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

"We had.. a few.", the SPARTAN doctor said to Birkin.

Based on how the SPARTAN spoke, "a few" was an understatement. In truth, many people had died, mainly the non-augmented personnel. Even if they didn't have augmentations, they still defended The Labs with every fiber of their beings, until their dying breath, just like a true SPARTAN would. To be honest, thinking about the attack struck a nerve in the SPARTAN doctor, but he only showed it a little. He wasn't angry at Birkin, only at Wesker and the Neo-Yakuza. After all, Birkin was just as much a victim as Halsey would have been if Wesker had succeeded. After remaining silent for a moment, the SPARTAN doctor spoke again.

"Most of our casualties were non-SPARTAN personnel. The SPARTANs that died couldn't be cremated, at least not completely. Bones... We only cremated some of them. The rest were decontaminated with strong chemicals. They were already dead, so we didn't need to worry about how strong the chemicals were. After that, we severed their brainstems from the rest of their bodies, preventing them from coming back. As for the smoke from the cremation, nothing would have survived the conditions we put them through. We used a plasma furnace and set it to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

The SPARTANs that were injured didn't seem to have anything wrong with them, but we kept an eye on them and would routinely give them system-purging medicines, all-purpose anti-viral medications. Some of the infected and injured SPARTANs reported having permanent side-affects from being exposed to the virus, but it seems to at least be non-invasive and benign, such as boosted healing factor, small resistances to damage, and slightly boosted strength and reaction time; a favorable outcome for them, much better than being 'turned'.

The good news is that we killed off all his forces during the assault, and Albert Wesker was killed by 'Noble Six', Chris, Claire, Raven, and a man named Gerard. After Wesker was killed, we sent a small group of SPARTANs to Base 7, gathered all the intel we could, and purged the area with an antimatter bomb. The SPARTAN assault team found you while they were in Base 7 and brought you here.", the SPARTAN doctor explained as he leaned up against a nearby wall.

"As for the number of casualties on our side, I would need to check. We have security footage of the entire incident. Do you want me to get you the numbers?", the SPARTAN calmly asked.
                      Last edited by S121; 04-05-2014, 08:22 AM.
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Birkin sighed in relief at what the SPARTAN said. He took in everything the man said. From the procedures the Labs took to take care of the infected corpses, and soldiers. What the man said about the infected that were still alive surprised him.

The SPARTAN serum can be spread like the T-Virus... something that Birkin... did not originally plan... The virus was indeed a benign virus, rather than a harmful one. He was specifically asked to make a virus that had similar effects to the SPARTAN creation process. It was to enhance a person's genetic structure to allow them to recover faster from attacks, enhance their strength, and boost reaction times... all that was predicted, but he never was asked to make it 'contagious'. Was it some sort of natural mutation of the SPARTAN virus? Or was it just some minor modification someone made to it in an attempt to easily distribute it?

Then when the SPARTAN asked Birkin if he would like to have the numbers Birkin nodded.

"Yes... I'd like to see the numbers... also if possible mind getting a blood sample of someone who had been infected and lived? You know... someone who had gotten some benign side-effects from the infection? I feel like I need to check something..." He asked as he looked like he went deep into thought. However he stopped as he turned to the SPARTAN. "Oh... sorry if I'm asking too much... I already woke up, and now I'm asking for a blood sample of the infected soldiers... Sorry about that..."

Hakugyokurou

"H-Hey wait what's the rush!?" Axl replied in a startled, panicked tone as he was practically being dragged by Yuyuko. "Seriously what's the matter!?"

Kawashiro Residency - Kappa Village - Gensokyo

Zero sighed at Nitori's response as he sat down on a nearby chair. "Hey Nitori... don't forget I don't really eat. Anyways I need to ask you something Nitori..." Zero replied as he looked up at her. "For one why and how did I end up here? Last I remember I was in the middle of a fight against a Female Reploid that was leading a Maverick attack on Munich. I remember that I lost... but I don't remember informing you about it. All I remember was sending you a small message before I arrived in Munich."

Comment

After Eve got done checking her systems she turned to Jack. "All green." Eve said, referring to the fact that all her systems are in perfect operating condition. "How are the repairs on your armor? Are they of optimal condition?" She asked as she then got prepared for the small flight. Eve's Drones Moby & Remy then flew off her back, and grabbed onto Jack's shoulders. Moby was on his left, and Remy was on the right. They both formed sort of stabilizers just in case Jack needs help with the flight. They they wirelessly hooked themselves to Jack's suit. Now acting as a temporary weak thrusters for Jack to control to help him steer much more easily.

"The others? You want to hear about Elsword and Chung? Very well then. I guess I should start with that little red haired swordsman." Raven asked as he leaned forward.

"Elsword is a... well meaning kid Lily. He honestly is. He... well... he's not the brightest, but he isn't downright idiotic. Well I guess he is... Wow I don't know where I should start with Elsword honestly." He said as he sighed of annoyance.

"Okay Lily what about Elsword would you like to know?"

Comment

Institute of War - Valoran

John lightly smiled in his helmet as Utsuho happily handed him some of the M&M's.

"Thanks, Utsuho.", John said to Utsuho as he pulled the small emergency latch on his helmet.

After the faint hiss of his helmet depressurizing subsided, John removed it and placed it on the table. After that, John looked at the M&M's and simply examined them, seemingly as if he was deeply thinking about whether or not he should eat them. After a moment, John picked one of the M&M's with his free hand and placed the candy in his mouth. All of a sudden, the calm, collected look on John's face, quickly melted away to one of surprise as he tasted the sweet flavor of the M&M.

"Mm... What are these?", John asked Utsuho after eating the M&M.

Fiendish City

Takoizu nodded at The Higher Power after he spoke. Even though they could punch with the force of a speeding truck and could take hits just as forceful, it didn't bother Takoizu. After all, she was much worse. Besides, all they had to do was avoid the Devillites.

"Okay, so we just need to avoid them. How dense would you say the city is? Should we expect trouble to find us?", Takoizu asked The Higher Power.

"It's not problem. I'll get the video footage and one of the SPARTANs.", the SPARTAN doctor calmly said to Birkin.

Just as the SPARTAN was about to call up one of the SPARTANs on his communicator, he decided to ask what Birkin's thoughts on the virus were. After all, he seemed intrigued by it. Was it bad, or were the infected SPARTANs safe?

"What do you think happened with the virus? Is it safe?", the SPARTAN asked Birkin.

After Moby and Remy were ready to fly, Jack knelt down and held his arms in front of him, calmly waiting for Eve to place herself in them.

"Well, I guess I'm just curious about him. He seems to act irrationally, but I don't think he does it without reason, at least I don't think so. Does he? What is he like?", Lily asked Raven.

Reactor Labs - Sector 4 - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

Dr. Neuman almost laughed when Chung hit his head on the table, but he kept silent. Dr. Neuman couldn't help but feel a little guilty for finding it funny, but he couldn't help it. It was clear that Chung was tired, and Chung hitting his head on the table didn't help his case.

"Yeaaaa, I think it's time for you to get some sleep. You really need it.", Dr. Neuman said to Chung as he suppressed a laugh and crossed his arms as he approached.

Central Hub - Prometheus Labs

Daniel sighed in relief as Volgin came to. Volgin may have been too weak to move, but at least he was alive.

"That's because our suits have fusion reactors in them. I'm glad to see that I was right about your tolerance to electricity. Let's just get you to the infirmary.", Daniel calmly said as he grabbed Volgin and helped him back to his feet.
                            Originally posted by S121
                            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                            sigpic

Comment

Birkin looked up at the SPARTAN as he shook his head.

"No no no the virus isn't supposed to be harmful unless it was made to be harmful. Other than that it was just meant to enhance the basic capabilities of a normal human. You know... make Wesker's men stronger. It just seems like it was spread to your soldiers when I didn't design it to spread. I just need a small blood sample, and a sample of the SPARTAN virus that I had. I need to check and see if it was modified without my knowledge, or if it was just a standard mutation of the virus that happened over time. It's just something I'd like to check..." He replied as he tried to stand up, forgetting that his leg that was once broken was healed... albeit numb still and weak from lack of use. In fact Birkin was feeling weak in general. As such he completely fell in a somewhat comedic fashion when he tried to stand up.

Comment

Eve looked at Jack, and for a second it looked like Jack was wanting to give Eve a hug due to his pose. This caused Eve to blush slightly as she turned around, and walked backwards into Jack's arms.

"I'm ready now... care to get started then?"

Raven sighed again as he rubbed his forehead. "No... Elsword doesn't mean to act irrationally... Hell last time I saw him in our world he was a bit more rational after his training to become a Lord Knight. He trained with the best swordsmen of Velder, and Feita. Elsword was even a very skilled swordsman on his own after his training. He was skilled to the point that he was actually able to beat me on several occasions due to actual planning. Something which if you first seen Elsword before his training to become a Lord Knight... would be something you won't expect. It's really odd though. For some reason he still has his skill from his training... but it seems he had forgot about some of his training... Either way Elsword is more than what he seems. He may seem like an idiot, but in a fight... especially a one on one in close combat Elsword is almost an expert. He knows the ins and outs of dodges, and complex counters. He knows about the extent of his power, and he does not ever wish to go all out due to it. It's one thing Elsword never really had full control of. His power is a little too great for him, even with all the advanced training he received. I don't mean physical strength either. Elsword has a lot of pent up magical power, but he was never one to be skilled at controlling his magic. His magic control is poor, either his attacks will be too weak, or they will be too powerful. As such when he is fighting someone like Jack in a sparring duel for the first time he doesn't go all out until he sees what his opponent is capable of."

Reactor Labs - Sector 4 - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

Chung yawned again as he stood up. "Yeah I think you're right... I'm... I'm going to go to my room and sleep now..." He said as he took about 10 steps towards the door, however he had passed out when he was about halfway there... Chung fell almost face first onto the cold hard ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X