X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus Labs - Sector 2 - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

AS Even spoke, Jack became more and more serious by what she was saying. If this man, Ran, actually had a means to create portals to other worlds, then he was a large threat, one that needed to be eliminated. After Eve spoke, Jack stopped walking and looked over to her.

"If that's true, then we need to warn Halsey, get The Labs prepared for a confrontation. Once we get my armor repaired and after we investigate the area where the portal appeared, we'll warn them.", Jack said to Eve in a serious tone.

Jack may have said all he wanted about the procedure they would follow before telling The Labs, but there was still one thing that lingered on his mind; the El Stone. For all Jack knew, the El Stone was possibly some kind of weapon, maybe even a powerful tool. Jack was not able to figure out what the El Stone was, so he asked Eve about it.

"What's the El Stone?", Jack asked Eve in a slightly calmer, but still somewhat serious tone.
    Last edited by S121; 02-11-2015, 03:58 AM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Eientei - Gensokyo

Max looked at the curtain as it opened. "Oh well a glass of water would be fi-" He said as he saw Eirin dressed in almost nothing but an opened white shirt, and black lingerie. This caused Max's face to blush wildly as he stepped back a bit.

"U-Uh uh uh..." Max mumbled as he found himself speechless. Almost out of sheer instinct he crossed his legs, and covered his mouth at the sight of the... voluptuous Eirin.

Prometheus Labs - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

"The El Stone is a special stone that has been around since the world of Elrios was first made. It's a stone that provides the world with pure El. It was stolen once by the Nasod Race... or the old Nasod Race, but it was retrieved. It's the only thing truly allowing humans to breathe. As you see in Elrios there are a few continents that have pure El flowing throughout. It is what provides life to the lands, and without it plant life would die, wild life will perish, and humans will shortly afterwards. If it is stolen and corrupted then nothing but Dark El will flow throughout the land, with the only things being able to live will be demonic beings. More importantly without the El Stone to supply power to the land, the bridge between the earthly and spiritual realms will cease. All beings from the spiritual realm will in turn vanish completely. Cease to live, cease to exist. They will have left no mark if the El Stone is stolen." She said as she began to looked at Jack.

"Let's get your armor repaired before we talk about anything else though..."
      Last edited by SUSTIC; 03-22-2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Eientei - Gensokyo

Eirin tilted her head in confusion at first, but then quickly realized that the reason for Max's blushing was because of her attire... Or lack of one anyway. She fumbled, using her one arm to try and button up the shirt, to no success. She cursed the lack of her other arm, talking about getting a mechanical arm in replacement soon, and looked back at Max. "I'm so sorry for my obscene behavior. It becomes incredibly difficult for me to dress with only my right arm... Reisen!"

Reisen walked in. Compared to Eirin, Reisen looked less healthy than the doctor, but by no means was she malnourished. With her rabbit ears flopped to the sides, her blazers crisp, and her movement refined and repressed, Reisen was a remnant of a soldier.

"Eirin-sama, let me help you with that." Reisen quickly walked in and buttoned up Eirin's shirt. "You really must get the protheistic arm soon."

"I know, I know. You tend to forget trivial things when you are of this age." Eirin shrugged, not taking things too seriously even though a missing arm isn't anything to take lightly or call 'trivial.' "Oh, get this nice boy something to eat."

"We have potstickers that we haven't cooked yet; I shall bring them in." Reisen said and left.

"Good." Eirin approved as Reisen dismissed herself, turned back to Max and sat down on her black office chair, staring curiously. "I must know, what happened? How did you just fall unconscious?"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Sector 2 - Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

Jack wanted to know more about what they were facing, but Eve was right. They were spending too much time talking about Ran and the El Stone, and were not doing anything to prevent Ran from attacking or succeding in his plan. What they needed to do now was get Jack's armor fixed.

"Right.", Jack said to Eve as he turned back towards Sector 2's exit and continued to lead Eve.

Hilly Field - Outside Prometheus Labs - London | Dawn

After a couple of minutes, Jack and Eve had finally made their way to a field near Prometheus Labs. The grass was somewhat short, standing at only about 3 inches. Out in the distance, Prometheus Labs could be seen, and beyond that was London itself. As soon as Jack and Eve arrived at the hill, Jack looked over to Eve and spoke.

"We're here. What do I need to do?", Jack calmly asked Eve as he waited for instructions.
          Last edited by S121; 02-11-2015, 03:56 AM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Yakumo estate

the beast trio were finishing their discussion as they agreed with the plan they had and Renamon looked for the gap controller

"Yukari, please tell me John is available, I would like to deal with the madness as soon as we can" she asked to the blond

"Air space near Gensokyo

The golden spaceship was going at good speed and had a constant control as it was in autopilot mode. It´s pilot was being healed at the moment from her last battle that she barel managed to escape from

"You know, that rival of your made a great deal to destroy you, I didn´t expect him to blow up that base" a redhead said as she looked at the bounty hunter

The blonde finally detached her brocken blaster from her right arm and moved her fingers glad to see they were ok "Tell me about it, that dinosaur is getting desperate the more time he is alive, by the way thanks for coming the moment I sent the Evac message" she spoke getting on a seating position

"Glad to be of help, so need some help with him?" the commander asked

"Yeah, I´ll just need to check some information with a person with great knowledge in Gensokyo, I hope she has something of possible Phazon mines in this planet" the bounty hunter said

She then noticed that the rehead offered her hand "Jane Shepard" she greeted and the blonde shook it "Samus Aran"
            Last edited by Kristia; 05-06-2015, 11:14 PM.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The Inventory

"You would?" Koishi perked up a little. "Thanks."

"Ey, almost everyone's here." Marisa called out from above, and the people in question came down. There was the bulbous knight Pontius, his Sword and nigh impenetrable shield on his back. To his side was the mercenary simply known as Salvador, his arm muscles bulging. Then, there was the spirit Mima, who looked like she'd just gotten out of bed, and floating around her chest was what looked like a miniature version of herself. Finally, there was the rokurorubi Sekibanki, who looked similar to Mima in terms of grogginess.

"Kliener's at work with something, so he can't be here." Marisa explained. "So what is it?"

"Well, Chief here needs someone to play a support role to help a person." Koishi explained in very simple terms, looking at Mima.

"You want me?" Mima pointed to herself. "I wanted to blast undead into oblivion, not help people who can easily fend for themselves. No offense, John."

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Prometheus Interrogation Room

Volgin sat down.

"I know what this is. Unless this place was an asylum. You really polished up, though. Mine looks... Stained."

In blood, yea.

Comment

The Inventory

"None taken.", John calmly said to Mima as he turned towards her.

"We actually need you because we need someone to fill a support role. We're fighting to fill fulfill the demands of an organization called the 'Institute of War'. They want to put a girl through a process called 'Repentance', which could possibly damage her mind. I managed to talk them into letting us perform the Repentance ritual, but first we need to fill in as replacements for absent and rogue combatants in some kind of deathmatch. If we do that, then we'll be able to keep her in Gensokyo and not have to worry about her being imprisoned.", John explained to Mima.

After speaking, John allowed Mima a couple of seconds to take in what he had said, and after the moment had passed, John spoke again.

"Now that you know the situation, would you be willing to help?", John asked Mima.

Interrogation Room - Sector 2 - Prometheus Labs | Dawn

"We use a different process to extract information. Just don't do anything to set us off, and you'll be fine.", Daniel said to Volgin in a somewhat emotionless tone as Volgin entered the room and sat down.

After Volgin sat down, Daniel walked into the room and sat down in the reinforced steel chair sitting across the table from Volgin. After getting settled in, Daniel turned his attention to Volgin and spoke. Unlike all the other times Daniel spoke, this time he was emotionless, almost like a machine.

"Halsey will be with us in a moment, she has been notified of your presence, and before we can come to any resolution, she will need to be consulted first. In the meantime, I will ask you questions until she arrives. Now, why are you here?", Daniel asked Volgin in an emotionless tone.
                  Last edited by S121; 03-23-2014, 07:27 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Prometheus Interrogation Room

Volgin raised an eyebrow.

"What, again? That's the third time!" He stated.

He let out a sigh and began. "I was sent as a representative of Neo-Yakuza Base 1 Leader of Operations, Alliances and Performance Leads. He would like to apologize for Albert Weskers independent actions and to form an alliance with the Prometheus Labs. I'll explain the details to the chief of the labs."

He sat back. "It's obvious why he sent me here instead of himself. He would be putting himself in a vulnerable position that he can't afford to take. As for why he sent me instead a grunt, well... I am a man of negotiation. Plus, those turrets of yours would shred a man. Luckily, I had a special 'technique' to stop the bullets from reaching me. And, after all... I used to be the leader of Base 2 Mech Technological R&D."

He gave a slight pause.

"... Does that answer your question?"

Comment

After Hearing Volgin speak about his abilities, Daniel lightly tilted his head and raised an eyebrow. Just by reading Volgin's profile, Daniel knew that Volgin was eeither lying, was arrogant, or simply didn't fully understand the base's defense systems.

"I was asking again because now we are officially asking you questions. The first two times was because we needed to know why you were here. As for your 'technique', you highly underestimate the turrets, and I know that you would know about the turrets. To be honest, we let that information leak so that we could deter any future attacks on The Labs.", Daniel calmly said to Volgin.
                      sigpic

Comment

Prometheus Labs Interrogation Room

Volgin smirked.

"A smart move. And either way, the boss didn't want to risk anything, so he set me up with a bullet-proof forcefield. Blocks anything smaller than a finger. Obviously can't stop an entire man from walking up to you, but that is the technology we have. You want a look?"

He took out a rod and placed it on the table. It was thick, around an inch in diameter. It looked smoothe, but inside were many wires and gadgets. On the top was an antennae.

"Search it if you want, I don't care. Just know this: I'm walking into a high tech heavily secured research facility. What can I possibly gain out of hiding anything? If anything, I'd lose some."

Comment

The Inventory

"What's in it for me? I ain't abandoning this for nothing important." Mima said.

"Don't you have a heart for people, Mima?" Koishi added in.

"I do have a heart. It just stopped beating a looooong time ago." Mima replied.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Grojyn Grad - Russia

Sniper groaned and put his hat over his face. Rengar gave a haughty laugh.

"Long time no see, lad. Come, have a seat. We were just about to discuss our next plan against the Neo-Yakuza." Rengar chuckled, motioning Snake to sit. "Since you have so much vendetta against them, I can trust you enough to let in on our plan."

The Inventory

"Ew. I have to work with her?" Reimu grunted, inaudible to Mima and John. "Whatever. Her bossiness has gone down past few years anyway."
                            Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 03-23-2014, 01:18 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

The Inventory

John heard Mima say that she didn't have a heart, but what bothered him was her saying that their task was unimportant. Sure, John only knew Annie for a day, but keeping her safe was important to him. Not only did John feel that it was his duty, it was what was right. If Mima couldn't see why saving one life was so important, John would tell her why. After taking a moment to gather his thoughts, John spoke.

"This is important. This girl, Annie, just wants her freedom. She was tired of being in these games where she was controlled by a random summoner, killing people, and getting killed over and over again, just for entertainment, so she wanted out. After demonstrating that the summoners couldn't have complete control over the champions, Annie was hunted down, but she managed to escape. Now that she's here, the Institute of War wants to essentially imprison her, then put her through an excruciating process that could leave her mentally damaged for the rest of her life. Who knows what they will do to her after that? Maybe they'll kill her, make an example of her. This is not for excitement, this is much more important than that. This is to save a person from a terrible fate.", John explained to Mima in a calm, yet serious tone.

As Volgin explained his shielding system to Daniel, Daniel couldn't help but raise an eyebrow and frown inside of his helmet. Daniel knew for a fact that the size of a bullet didn't matter when it came to ballistics, mass and energy did. Daniel knew many cases where a small caliber bullet would pierce through six inches of reinforced steel, simply because it had enough mass and energy. In fact, he had seen some of the scientists even working on tiny caliber-based weaponry in an attempt to perfect Gauss-based weapon systems. After taking a moment to think about what Volgin had just said, as well as spending that time staring at the rod placed on the table, Daniel took the rod and examined it as he began to speak.

"With all due respect, then you don't fully understand your technology, or physics. What it comes down to is not the size of the bullet, but the mass and energy of the bullet. For example, I assure you that your shield system would not protect you from a 5.56 millimeter round traveling at even half the speed of light. For a more precise measurement, that is a .218 caliber round traveling 436,252.121 times faster than the speed of sound, totaling at about..... 451 quadrillion, 350 trillion Joules. I'm not sure even Hardlight could protect against that. Of course, the amount of energy needed to propel a bullet that fast would be obscene, but that could also be said about acquiring enough energy to protect against it. If what you're saying is true, then all I need to do is shoot you with a musket ball, or throw my gun at you, and those methods produce a pretty low amount of energy compared to the bullet traveling at half the speed of light."

"In short, the term 'bullet-proof' simply means 'bullet-resistant', and even if your shielding systems could protect against conventional firearms, it won't protect you against anything with a large enough force, or mass behind it. Even we don't have technology like that, and we're over 500 years ahead of you in that department."
                              , Daniel calmly explained to Volgin as he examined the rod Volgin had placed on the table.

Catacombs - Santa Cruz - California | Night

As Isaac, Rena, Ara, and Shadow continued to walk, Isaac noticed two globs of off-white, clay-like material on each wall beside them. As they passed by the globs of clay, Isaac noticed that each one had a pin sticking out of them.

(Why would anybody stick-), Isaac thought before he realized what it was.

"Hey guys, hang on. I know what this is. These are C-4 explosives.", Isaac said to the group as he approached one of the C-4 bricks stuck to the wall.
                              Last edited by S121; 02-11-2015, 03:55 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Prometheus Labs Interrogation Room

Volgin rested his elbow on the table.

"That's what I'd like to know. Even an idiot knows that. But that's as much as either of us are gonna get. Just read the instructions on the side." He said with a sigh.

The side read, Simply press the button to the left and anything five inches in diameter and five feet in length will not reach five yards of you. Do not ask questions. Simply execute the mission you are assigned.

"I never really liked the man," Volgin said. The tone in his voice proves that this was the honest truth. "But the man is something else. I checked in with the leader of Base 5 Leader of Intelligence and Hacking in Africa who had similar questions towards just what he is. It took months, but we found out...... But I'd rather tell your chief the results. I'll let him decide whether or not to relay that information to you."

Groznyj Grad

Snake smiled at the thought.

"Rengar. Good to see you. We'll be here for a while, so sure. I'll come along. But only if two others can come along," he stated.

Voile

Jack had finally come across the succubus he was looking for. He walked up to her.

"Excuse me, Koakuma, has patchouli returned yet? I need to ask her a dire question," he asked.

Comment

Working...
                                X