X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"If you consider harvesting poor lost souls a hinderance to you..." The spectre sighed, his voice mnipulative. "You can pass by me if you wish, as long as you do not disturb my work."

"You're mad, aren't you?" Patchouli raised her eyebrows, to which the spectre chuckled.

"Me, mad?" The spectre laughed. "Haha... Quite likely."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Banished library

Both Renamon and Nera examined the horror inspired place and expected something like a murderer to stop them as the insect guard in the other room

Seeing the skeletal creature made them assure their suspicions and looked at him to see what may happen

"John, no need to fight before knowing what this guard wants" the lucario spoke calmly and then asked to the possible guard

"excuse me, are you the guard of this part of the library?"
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Longsword Runway - Prometheus Labs - London | Night

Raven was knocked back about a foot after the kick. After about a minute Raven shook his head as he came to his senses and readied his sword and his Nasod Arm. After thinking for a moment he thought of a plan.

Without a moments notice Raven dashed towards Lily and leaped into the air above her. He then released a powerful burst of flames from his arm, along with a massive smokescreen as well that seemed to cover the entire field. He knows that Spartan's have a radar thanks to that armor of theirs, and Lily is no exception. However that means Lily still won't be able to see through this thick cloud of smoke, and neither would Raven, but that doesn't mean he still has an advantage. After he delivered the smoke screen he landed on the ground behind Lily and dashed back out of the smoke cloud. Once he was out of the smoke he readied his Nasod Arm and began firing a bunch of fiery bullets from his arm in a spread pattern towards Lily's direction. Thanks to the smoke it would be hard to see where Raven's attacks are coming from. All the while Raven was firing the bullets from his arm he began to run around the smoke cloud in a close circle, slowly closing in on Lily as he kept up his Nasod Arm's "gun" fire.

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

John was a little relieved that the specter didn't seem to want to fight, which meant that they would be able to continue forth unhindered.

"Wasn't thinking of it.", John said to Nera.

John still had his guard up, just in case the specter attacked, but right now he wanted to continue their journey.
          Last edited by S121; 12-14-2013, 05:40 PM.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Banished Library

"We are just coming for some informatoin to help a friend, would you kindly let us pass?" Nera asked to the spectre with honest words and then heard his state of mood

"Why are you mad?
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Lily was submerged in a thick cloud of smoke, but at least she had her radar to see what was going on. Before she could exit the smoke cloud, a large fireball illuminated part of the cloud as it roared towards her. Reacting quickly, Lily sidestepped the fireball, but another one illuminated another part of the smoke cloud. Lily was struck in the shoulder by the fireball, but her shields held with minimal damage. At that point, Lily decided to change her tactics. Lily quickly put away one of her Shock Sticks as she deflected a fireball that was headed towards her. As soon as it was put away, she then jumped as hard as she could and soared out of the smoke cloud. Now that her vision was no longer impaired, she could see Raven closing in on her previous position. While Lily was in the air she pulled out three dummy knives and threw them at Raven like throwing knives.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

As Raven was closing in on Lily's previous location he noticed that she wasn't there. Instead he heard the clank of a dummy knife as it hit the ground next to him. That's when Raven looked up and saw Lily in the air quickly falling down. Raven then attempted to dodge the other knives, but was struck in his right arm, and in his Nasod Arm's shoulder. "Damn!" He yelled as he jumped back. He then prepared for another attack as Lily was coming in for a landing. That's when Raven summoned a large fiery crow above his head. Waiting for Lily to land before he fires the crow. The second she lands the large crow will fly towards Lily at high speeds.

Comment

While Lily fell, she continued to throw the dummy knives at Raven, trying to hit him as many times as she could before hitting the ground. By the time she landed, she had thrown seven more knives at Raven. She saw that he was simply standing there, so he was possibly preparing for something, maybe for her to land. She didn't really know what he was about to do, but she knew he was up to something.
                  sigpic

Comment

Raven took in each knife as Lily fell. He was still charging the Ignition Crow - Incineration attack. After Lily landed he smirked as the attack got done charging. He then lowered his Nasod Arm and pointed his index finger at Lily. "Ignition Crow-Incineration!" He commanded as a giant crow that is covered in flames, and about the same size as Lily flew down towards her at high speeds. If Lily doesn't dodge the attack, then she would be in danger.

Comment

As soon as Lily landed, she was greeted by a fiery crow screeching towards her. Lliy's eyes widened at the sight, but she remained firmly in the battle. Reacting quickly, Lily dropped her Shockstick, crouched down, and created a Hardlight Shield facing diagonally upward. The indestructible Hardlight protected Lily from the intense attack, but she was now shrouded in smoke from the fiery crow, making her current condition impossible to determine to anyone outside of the smoke.

(That was close.), Lily thought to herself as she deactivated the Hardlight Shield and grabbed her Shock Stick.

She remained crouched in the smoke waiting for either the smoke to pass, or for Raven to go into the black shroud.
                      sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately Raven's attack was a failure. However he could not tell if it was or not due to the smoke. As such Raven had to think of another plan...

"I know what I'll do." He thought as he readied his Nasod Arm. Suddenly Raven was engulfed in a fierce, fiery aura as he charged up his Nasod Arm for his next attack. This next attack would be dangerous for any normal human, even for a Spartan if they were not careful. Raven then drew his Nasod Arm back as he readied an incredibly heavy punch. After he was finished charging he then rushed forward at incredible speeds thanks to the flames being spewed out from the elbow of his Nasod Arm, making Raven seem like a rocket flying towards Lily. This attack is a new attack he had developed during his training. It involves him charging his arm with flames, then delivering a high speed, high impact punch from his Nasod Arm. Last time he used this attack he completely punched right through a few trees.

Comment

Lily saw that Raven was running towards her incredibly fast so she ran out of the smoke and saw Raven charging at her with his Nasod arm. Lily barely had enough time to react and grazed her chestplate's shields as the blow went by. The blow reduced her shields to 4% and caused Lily to be knocked over, onto her back. As she fell, she pulled out her other Shock Stick and readied for the inevitable fight on her back.
                          Last edited by S121; 12-14-2013, 07:18 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"I am only mad if I think I am mad." The spectre said in riddles. "Now if you'll excuse me, I must go back to harvesting souls."

"...Alright." Patchouli rose her eyes again. Quite obvious that Patchouli wasn't disturbed at all. Annie, however, reliving the first time she fought against someone similar to this spectre, shuddered and crept closer to John.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

After the punch Raven was obviously a bit fatigued, and his arm was locked up as it cooled down. Raven looked at Lily while he was breathing heavily. "Crap..." He thought as he saw her laying on the ground ready for his next attack. Luckily he had recovered, but his arm was still cooling off. Meaning he had to defend himself with his blade until his arm did. That's the downside of Overheating his arm. Whenever he did his arm would lock up afterwards as it cooled off. Leaving him open to attack.

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

John could see that Annie was scared of the specter, evidenced by her creeping closer to him, so tried to comfort her.

"It's okay, I don't he's going to attack us.", John calmly said to Annie, trying to ease her apprehension.

John didn't really know why Annie was afraid of the specter, so he decided to ask her about it. At the very least, it would occupy her and remove her feelings of uneasiness.

"Are you afraid of him because he's a specter?", John asked Annie.

Lily could easily see it. She got lucky. While she was lying on her back, Raven was trying to recover from his arm locking up. Lily had five knives left and was on her back, with her head facing Raven's direction. Her next attack could be risky, but she couldn't pass up the chance to exploit Raven being vulnerable to attack.

In a split second, Lily dropped one of her Shock Sticks and grabbed three dummy knives from her thigh. With a quiet "thank you" to James, the person that taught her how to use knives, Lily threw the three dummy knives at Raven, hoping to land a hit before her window of opportunity closed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X