X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

John is going to facepalm so hard that it will crack his visor once he finds out that the whole war could have been averted if they just told the strike fighters why they are fighting the Venturian council.

He's then going to facepalm the visor so hard that it will finally break and shatter when he figures out that the strike fighters had no idea what was going on.

I have a feeling he's still going to kick Revere's @$$, just because of his attitude and ethics.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Actually, the war would still have happened, it would have been just a different faction. I actually get into that in the end where Revere explains what was really happening.
      The war is a byproduct of the curse. The factions are a byproduct of that as well, thus it's inevitable.
      Also look again at the prologue in the OOC's OP :P you'll see what I'm talking about here more. That was the other connection I meant XD (Finally realized it myself just now...man that's sad...)

Prologue | Written in Blood

Upon the revolving cogs of fate does our lives hang. The threads golden with the hue of eternity. The clock turns and the hour hand points to a new time, a new era. Yet we live on, ignorant of the tick of the clock of fate. Nay, our lives are not defined by the clock, rather the events that doth unfold forth from it. As the new age dawns, threads will be cut. Lives will plummet into the abyss of history, forgotten. As they fall, war rises and ravages the hanging threads like a tempest most ferocious. Many lives, many of the golden threads are battered by the onslaught, helpless to change it. War defined their fate. War was the plague that the clock hands brought to help define the new era. But as war storms and thunders and starts the inferno that consumes all that it touches and reduces all to mere ashes...those with a will to change cruel fate stand up from the smoldering embers. With hope and strength of the heart, they force the clock of fate to change again, to move on to a new time, to bring new fortune. And so it does. The war ends and the hands bring peace.

Peace and war, life and death. For every shift in the clock of fate...

Then the lights dimmed, the hologram darkened to a faint blue sphere of light. The face of a young man could partially be seen in the glow of the hologram. The only defining feature that could be seen was the dark star-burst pattern in his hair.
      "Aye, there's the rub. 'The clock turns...' if...and only if...the clock turns does our fate change."
      The man tilted his head slightly, the light shifted on his face.
      "...What if...what if the clock stopped? What if the clock stopped ticking, stopped turning? What if no matter what those gallant heroes did...nothing changed? Nothing changed, and in the final hour before the light faded completely...they realized..."
      With a swipe of his hand, the man snatched the blue light away and plunged everything into darkness.
      "They realized...that the end of eternity...
      ...finally arrived."

Comment

@Cucoo

I know the war would have still happened. It always has been happening. The question is how to stop it without taking the nuclear option. They would have to either convince the godess to stop the curse, or fight her.

I'm wondering, why did she place the curse in the first place?
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Because the people have been fighting the natural destruction and rebirth of the galaxy. The people are causing her pain, so she's trying to wipe out everyone in a semi natural manner: war
          However, she's not the only one that will profit from it.

And despite the spoilers in this video...
          If you think you'll never play Xenoblade after the year or two its been out, watch this video. It has very very similar concepts to what I'm toying with.

Spoiler:

Revere would be like Dickson in a sense...except he would be trying to do the opposite. Dickson shot Shulk in the scene just a moment before this video. Revere would have done something like that in the hope to kill the god.

Zanza would be like both Venturia and ...someone else I have planned for a plot twist later.
          Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-31-2013, 03:44 AM.

Comment

@ S121

Curious, what do ya think of the resolve that I've been toying with in this post? How flawed is it really?

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, the hope of winning by attrition is the only thing I see that's flawed. They have been fighting for centuries, maybe even thousands of years. Both sides are still going strong, so there's no real end in sight for the war if they try and outlast one another.
              sigpic

Comment

@ S121
                But their hope is that their fate/fortune will change and allow them to stop. And it's thousands of years (I keep saying millennia = 1000 years) I was also thinking more like 50,000 or 100,000 years hence why it's been called the War of Eternity.

Comment

@Cucoo

Damn... They don't really have much to hope for, do they?

I suppose I can see the logic behind it. It's kind of like being lost in a forest. You have no clue how long you've been walking, or how and why you got into the forest, but you believe that if you keep walking in a straight line, then you will eventually exit the forest.

Wars are a little bit more complicated, especially since it's a battle of ideologies (Venturian council vs new government). Humans can make conflicts last forever. Just look at most of the fighting over religion (I am sooo not going to get into this topic...).

The problem is, a battle over ideas will never die over time because the idea will always be alive as long as there are people that believe it. The only way to defeat an idea is to prove that it is flawed, and even then, there will still be some that bitterly hold on, either because of spite, ignorance, or because of them being closed-minded.

If the war ends, there will still be a small faction that will hold on to the losing idea and fight their superior enemy until the bitter end, and will either give up or die.
                  Last edited by S121; 10-31-2013, 06:22 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Aye, I personally didn't like that topic in history class =w= primarily because of the dates we had to memorize.

Anyway, there's actually an underlying current behind the war of ideologies and it being a power struggle to replace the governing body of the Galaxy. The NGO and the Guardians are basically trying to stop the Goddess Venturia from destroying the Galaxy, however they need to eliminate the Venturian Council because they're protecting one of the keys to stopping the Goddess without even knowing it.
                    I have Revere explain this towards the end of part I.

Comment

@Cucoo

I have a feeling that John's sort of affiliation with Lady Avonna is going to be important in convincing them that the godess is bad news.
                      sigpic

Comment

@ S121

Actually, Avonna does know, but the mask she's wearing is actually something that suppresses that fact. I have a chapter where that comes up in the Nexion section of the story.
                        Also Navarre is...or was...her personal body guard. However there's a bit more than that.

There's a few other aspects I have...but atm I don't remember x.x;

Comment

Leaving this here for book

Last response

Comment

@ Kristia

Feel free to have Mara respond here before I proceed with the next scene.

I kinda want to have everyone there to at the minimum react to Aion about to perform the rite.

Comment

@ Book

Do ya want me to have Dalia say alittle something more or is it good as it is?

Comment

@cucoo

I just don't know what to do. btw, the video you posted is "private".
                                How many times can you die a day~?
                                How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Working...
                                X