X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Book

Aye that would work for getting him to search for the Shard.
    And in the process of looking for it, they'll find the item or w/e you would want that would work out for your plans

----------
    @ Everyone
    Oh and I just thought about something...

Consider this:
    What would your character(s) do with the near unlimited power of the Shards of Starlight?
    What would they do with the power of Gods?

Also Planets.

There are 12 sectors in each solar system, each sector can have a planet. There can be a general theme based on the element/theme of the System (i.e. Sol Incineron = Fire, Venion = Darkness, Celestora = Stars/Water, Egale = Forest, Helios = Light, Nexion = Divine) or w/e you choose.

Basic template:
    Name of Planet:
    Solar System:
    Sector: (See map list)
    Continent(s):
    Ocean(s):
    Feature(s): (Cities, ruins, other things, etc)

Comment

Well Reaper would try to cleanse the galaxy of all those he considers unjust.

Nova would probably use her powers to run a successful business.

Mima would simply go on as she usually would, using the powers in case of a dangerous situation.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, John would use it to get home, or possibly destroy it in the belief that nobody deserves that much power.

Being the curious type, Cortana might try to study it so that she could understand it.
        Originally posted by S121
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon people.

I don't know what X would do with such power. He would probably use it to try and get his revenge, but that's probably all he would use it for.

Comment

@ S121

Look again with the last IC post at who's talking, it wasn't Aion that spoke up there.

Comment

@Cucoo

Fixed.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Alright

Oh and I realized I fell behind on the summary section... =w= we're now on chapter 5 and I haven't done 2,3 or 4 yet... I should get back on that.

Comment

And I realized I made an boo-boo on the elemental selection: I forgot water.

Also...
                  @ Book and everyone else that cares

What do you think of my little combat dialogue box?
                  First off, it illustrates the importance of the elementals, plus It's something to help guide decisions during a battle.

I'll explain how it reads:

[Enemy name]
                  [Elemental Weakness] - This lists what elements can truly harm the enemy.
                  [Defense] - lists what absolutely cannot harm the enemy
                  [Resistance] - what can very slightly harm the enemy
                  [Threat Rating] - the "how f*cked are you" meter. This will change with the story and characters in the party. I have to work out an actual translation of this.
                  [HP] - I'll work out a system that uses the threat rating and the elemental stats, and say that's how the health will drop. Just alittle something to say "Ok the battle is almost done, not quite done, or not even close to being done." This way there's a slight definitive system for fighting things.

I'll probably leave this for bosses only...

Comment

for me its sounds good for strategy and etceteras of RPGs
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia

Aye...I'm falling back to trying something RPG-ish again...

Maybe I'll just have the threat level and just use that to justify how tough an enemy is, which can help give an idea of how long and hard the battle will be for the characters.

Comment

Spoiler:

Name: Hajime

Race: Biroid

Appearance (I think you should add an APPEARANCE part to the apps): Has the build of a standard 21 year old male. Blue Eyes, Short combed back black hair. He wears an orange short black sleeved shirt, black jeans, and black combat boots. He also has a dark grey trench coat that he can occasionally be seen wearing. He also wears black fingerless leather gloves. Underneath the gloves are symbols. One on each hand. On his left hand is a symbol resembling that of a x shaped scar. On his other hand is the same symbol. He wears the gloves to hide them. The symbols are a light blue in color. He stands at 6ft 1/2.

Profession and/or Talents: Hajime is quite proficient in firearms. Most notably the standard handgun which he uses for self defense more often than his actual abilities. Another thing he is quite proficient in is simple hand to hand combat. He uses a pretty brutal fighting style that involves using strong and powerful blows to knock an opponent out as fast as possible

Inventory: Nothing much. Just a bag containing a spare clothes. That's pretty much it.

Personality: Hajime can come off as cold, and even downright rude at times. Despite this he is actually quite nice to those he has actually managed to befriend. Hajime prefers to stay out of people's business as he claims... "people are responsible for their own actions." This does not mean he won't help people though. If someone is truly in danger he will try his hardest to help them. Even then he will only help someone if there is no one else to handle the situation or if it really comes down to it.
                        Hajime also won't really care about anything unless it is directly pertaining to him.

Elemental preference: Light

History: Hajime is a Bioroid born on a planet within the Helios system. This planet is called Zephyr (I'll post the info for the planet below my app.)

Bio: Not much is known about how Hajime came to be, except that he was created as a Bioroid for military use. However Hajime did not wish to be a tool for the military of Zephyr. As such he rebelled and attempted to leave. Fortunately he did manage to successfully escape his planet using a small military spacecraft. However he had suffered a pretty bad injury to his left leg (he was shot somewhere in his lower knee), and suffered a minor injury to his right shoulder. As well as a few minor scrapes and bruises he was relatively fine. He had managed to use the first aid kit on board the spacecraft he hijacked to patch him up a bit until he finds medical help.

Currently he is near the Delta Division Fleet. Trying to send a distress signal.

Abilities: Though nothing spectacular. Hajime is capable of at lifting at least 2 tons if he put all his strength into it. He is also capable of punching holes through solid steel with a heavy punch if he tried hard enough. His speed is equal to that of an Olympic athlete. Capable of performing incredible bursts of speed. Hajime may have decent strength and speed, however that is negated by the fact that he has relatively poor stamina. Hajime tires out quite easily. He can't run at full speed for that long, nor can he use all his strength for that long either. Like most other Bioroids he has nanobots within his "blood". However these nanobots are special in the fact that generate electrical currents that he can expel through his body. Either through physical contact with something, or by dispersing it in short bursts of electricity similar in effect to a EMP. However this ability puts serious strain on his body. Using too much energy can seriously drain him, and if he overcharges his body with energy he will go into a state called Over-Load. In this Over-Load state his nanobots have been charged so much that they have been put into a temporary state where they are putting off as much energy as possible. While Hajime is like this Hajime's electrical attacks are far more potent, but they also deal even more damage to his body. In this state he also temporarily loses his sanity. As such he goes out of control. Attacking friend or foe. Hajime has to use up as much energy as possible while in this state in order to go back to normal. He does not use his electrical abilities much in fear that he might permanently overload the nanobots in his blood. When in this Over-Loaded state the symbols on his body light up a dark electric blue.

Notes: His unofficial theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmASVOWMnWM

Working on an app for the planet Zephyr. I should be done with the details soon.

Comment

@ Sustic

It's good, you could go ahead and post but first I just want to go through a few details before ya get too deep.
                          First: Bioroids

my bad for not really having a detailed thing about them.
                          - Just confirm what Race he is, Bioroid is more of a subcategory as they were something living prior, just they have their blood and certain organs switched out to accommodate the nanobots. I would assume you were aiming for Human but Vatian is still an option.
                          - A pure bioroid has the entirety of their blood replaced with the nanobot system. Hajime would then be a [insert final decision of race here] augmented with bioroid nanobots, which would fall in line with what you would normally seek about being experimented on.

Now this next part is directed more to everyone.
                          - Overcharge. How did I not see this getting abused?
                          I've noticed the preliminary signs of this concept getting overused and I just kinda want to say that....that's not a good thing.
                          It's a coveted concept by characters in my story only mastered by one.

Let's put it this way: Aura Energy is like Phazon in the Metroid Prime Series. Powerful, with severe side effects. Thus, Overcharging is like Hypermode in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [especially when you stay too long in it and it gets really hard to get out of it]. What happenes to prolonged use of Phazon energy in the Metroid games? Corruption. Same basic principle here with Aura Energy. Now this is where I would say it's the two extremes. Normal everyday use and standard combat has zero adverse effects, doing something like Overcharging will lead to rapid Aura Sickness/ Crystal Fusion/ Aurora's Curse.

Crystal Fusion is the crystallization of organic materials. So imagine using Overcharge a lot, suddenly...your heart is beginning to crystalize. Of course, normal crystal fusion simply works its way up the left arm, but the Aura radiation from overcharging ignores this and can crystalize anything.

And again, my bad for not having a solid system for this. I never really thought of having Overcharge be used too much on the personnel level because in my story I had it limited to the attempt to replicate the Nova Engine of the coveted and impossible to replicate Blade Series fighters.

Comment

@Cucoo

Hajime is a pure Human Bioroid. Sorry I should have thought of that myself :P

Also for Hajime it takes a TREMENDOUS amount of energy for him to actually activate Over-Load. He could activate Over-Load on his own, but if he were to try to he would be severely injured after Over-Load wears off. He can activate it more easily if he is in contact with a strong enough power source. I should have also specified that myself...

Comment

@ SUS

don't worry too much about the second part, but the only problem I can see is the fact that the energy source in the galaxy is 99.99% of the time going to be Aura energy. Since bioroids use organic energy like normal people, and because they are organic, they can still be effected by Aurora's Curse. just an FYI.
                              In short, I'm saying the ability is fine, you don't need to put a limit of needing more energy (which would then make it unusable all together as the Crystal Fusion would just kill Hajime outright), just know that it may lead to adverse effects.

And that goes for everyone. use it extremely sparingly because of that. Otherwise everyone will wind up dying...and that's not good.
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-06-2013, 03:02 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

What is Aurora's Curse? Is that the term for crystallizing?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X