Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This doesn't mean Kalos region is an option in AtWaP until I get more used to it.

Speaking of AtWaP, Neo-sama...
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

@NeoFox

What is Ikaros capable of?

@Wriggle

No worries.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Actually, you don't have to make an IC post, Neo. If you want, you can, but don't expect me to respond cuz I'll be sleeping.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Working on a post right now.

EDIT: Nevermind Wriggle. I'll wait til tomorrow. If I forgot you can lock me in a cupboard and toss it off a cliff.

@S121

Spoiler:
          As a Pet-Class Angeloid, Ikaros carries the powerful Transport Card (a summoning device that delivers whatever she orders to her location from Synapse). The original card she carried at the beginning of the story allowed for her to use only one card to summon items, but after it gets lost when she reverses the wild misadventure of Tomoki, she has to use an older model that only allows for one request per card. As the story progresses, it is revealed that Ikaros is more than just a mere Pet-Class Angeloid, but she is really a mighty Strategic Battle-Class: Type-Alpha Angeloid (the most powerful of the 1st Generation Angeloid models). She has an ultimate battle mode by the name of Uranus Queen, which allows her to unlock her full power potential and grants her access to incredible weapons to use in battle. When she triggers her Uranus Queen mode, her green eyes turn red, her soft, pink wings change into a bright light, and a golden halo appears above her head.

When in Uranus Queen mode, Ikaros has access to four powerful weapons/abilities that make her almost unstoppable on the battlefield. Her shield, the incredible Aegis Shield, can block almost any attack from every direction and make her almost immortal when it is successfully deployed. She gains the use of the might Apollon Bow, a silver bow that creates powerful energy arrows so strong, they could wipe out the entire nation of Japan in one shot when fully charged. The strong and deadly Artemis Launcher allows for her to launch dozens of powerful homing missiles of energy from her wings. And when all else fails, she can summon a colossal space warship by the name of Hephaestus, which is armed with massive energy cannons that when combined into a single shot, fires a beam so powerful that it could literally shatter the Earth on impact. In the manga, Hephaestus is a giant cannon that fires a straight wide laser beam, though seemingly having the power of the warship.

Also this is Ikaros.

Gee wouldn't John be in for a shock if he met Ikaros, and learned what she was capable of. Though he would easily be able to handle things if he met her. I also doubt he would be surprised if he learned about her combat abilities. He would just try to prevent her from doing extremely dangerous.

Good thing ATWAG only allows game characters, and the occasional OC...

Also good thing that Ikaros is a protagonist within the series. Ikaros is usually a calm but resorts to violence if she sees that her master, Tomoki is in danger. She is fiercely loyal to Tomoki and does anything to please him.
          She also has a hard time showing any emotions. As it's said that her combat capabilities, and computational abilities are extremely high, but her emotional control is low. Which is the reason why she usually can come off as emotionless. Though I haven't finished the manga, and the anime ends at the Chaos Arc. The manga is also still ongoing I believe.
          Last edited by NeoFox; 11-07-2013, 03:36 AM.

Comment

@Neo

Hard to defeat, easy to get rid off. Just drop her in the Realm of Darkness and forget about her.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

EASIEST SOLUTION EVER!!!

Like I said though. At least she won't go SUPERMEGADEATHMODE unless you really piss her off, and harm her master Tomoki (or is commanded to do so which I doubt Tomoki would ever do.)

Comment

@NeoFox

Hmmm... That would be an interesting battle.

John could survive all of her attacks by either teleporting out of the way, or by using his Armorlock, but if he uses Armorlock, he leaves himself without shields afterwards.

Ikaros would almost certainly kill Canon John. I try to quantify the haxy power of luck, but I doubt it would save him.

I would say that the best strategy to use would be to stay within close range. If you stay close to her, then you wouldn't have to worry about her more powerful attacks. If she tries to use them, she would most likely kill herself too. Depending on her physical capabilities, John might win in a CQC battle, but I can't be certain without knowing her physical capabilities and combat skills. I'm not sure how long the Aegis Shield lasts, but depending on how large it is, John might be able to teleport inside of it. If it's like his, then he will have to try and wait until it wears off, if it does... As for the Hephaestus, the Titus Shield Reinforcements should protect him from a direct hit. They can protect him from overwhelming nuking attacks, but not smaller hits. If she wants to take out his shields, she would need to rely on more conventional attacks, like missiles, blades, etc.. If she's proficient with blades, then she might be able to best him in CQC. John has not mastered melee weapons, so that would be a weakness for John. It all depends on how fast she is. If John is faster, then he would be able to dodge her attacks. Another concern would be her experience vs his. John has over 25 years of experience. As for Ikaros, I'm not sure, but I assume she is skilled and knows her way around the battlefield.

My other concern would be defense. How durable is her armor? Can it survive armor piercing, high-explosive rounds? If not, then is she fast enough to dodge it? If she has low defense, but high agility, then she should be fine on that front. She still might want to be cautious at point-blank range. Spartans can react and move guns away from themselves before they are fired, so she can't quite use any weapons at point-blank range. There's a chance that she's the same way, based on the assumption that she's some kind of machine, which leads me to my next question. How durable is she? Is she tough against physical attacks, or resilient against the elements? Is she a glass cannon, or is she well rounded when it comes to defense and offense? John would actually be considered well rounded, due to his durability, strength, speed, and intelligence.

I'm trying to be as non-biased as possible, but it's hard without detailed info on her physical abilities.

In the end, yes, she would EASILY kill Canon John if he stays in her killzone, but the RP John would be harder, due to his Darkness and Light abilities, along with all the crap he's picked up along the way. That being said, she would not be an easy fight. John can't be careless in this fight. If he slips up, her missiles would quickly destroy his shields. He could supplement his shields with a Darkness and/or Light shield, but that would reduce his offensive capabilities, leaving him with guns. He has anti-tank weaponry, so he won't be completely helpless. It all depends on how resistant she is to damage. She would be a fairly tough opponent, but if John sticks to a well thought out strategy, he should pull through without too many problems, just as long as he keeps his wits about him.

What are your thoughts? Did I leave anything out? Am I unbiased in my evaluation? Is this an accurate evaluation? What else is she capable of? Would you like to add some input?

I ask too many questions.
                Last edited by S121; 11-07-2013, 04:17 AM.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

I believe she's well rounded in offense and defense. Not only does she have the Uranus System, Hephaestus , and the Apollon Bow she can also fire small homing explosive energy blasts from her wings.

This is a full picture of Ikaros.

She's not that strong in CQC, and is more of a ranged fighter/ strategist. She can survive explosions if I recall, so I think even without the Aegis Shield she can survive a beating.

As for what she is... here is a description:

The Angeloids (Angel and Android) are a series of androids built by Synapse. As part of their name implies, they are modeled after Angels and are programmed to serve their masters. They select their masters through the process called Imprinting. The first generation of Angeloids (Ikaros, Nymph, the Harpies, and Astraea) were built by Daedalus, while the second generation of Angeloids (Chaos, Hiyori, Siren, and the Melan) were built (or in Hiyori's case, turned into) by the Master of Synapse. Each Angeloid has a letter from the Greek alphabet, which descends for every new Angeloid built. Ikaros, the first Angeloid built, is a "Type Alpha" Angeloid, while Ikaros Melan, the most recent Angeloid, is a "Type Theta" Angeloid.
                  Every Angeloid has their own unique abilities and powers, which are determined by three factors:

Emotional Control
                  Battle Capability
                  Processing Capability

For example, Nymph has high emotional control, processing capability, but has low battle capability, while Ikaros, on the other hand, has high battle and processing capabilities and low emotional control. The Angeloid's names, weapons, and abilities originate from Greek gods, mythological figures, or, in Chaos's case, words that stem from Greek roots.

Despite being androids they are shown to have relatively soft, and human like skin. Capable of feeling pain and such. They also have incredible stamina.

Now... another Angeloid that would be interesting to see John fight would be Astrea:

Spoiler:
                  Astraea was originally created for combat, coming equipped with the lethal, overpowered photon sword "Chrysaor", which can cut through almost any material in the world and crackles with raw, untamed power when in use. She also comes armed with the special Aegis L Shield, which can block any frontal attack upon her and make fighting her in face to face combat a nightmare. Combined with her blazing speeds that she can achieve with her powerful wings, Astraea is one formidable opponent in battle that should not be taken lightly. However, there are several key flaws that she suffers from that keeps her from being the most feared Angeloid in Synapse. First, the downside to her powerful shield defense is that it leaves her sides vulnerable to attack and it drains a incredible amount of energy to maintain it for long periods of time, so she is limited in her use of it in battle. The reach of the majority of her attacks with Chrysaor is somewhat limited as well, and it can leave her open to attack if she misses a slash at her opponents. Unfortunately, in what is her biggest flaw and the primary reason that she will never be a dominant Angeloid in Synapse is that as a trade-off for her jaw-dropping levels of strength, combat abilities, and high emotional control, her brain-processing power is extremely low in comparison, often resulting in Astraea suffering major klutz moments and the eventual failure of her assigned missions due to her excessive blunders. In addition, her low processing levels often result in her easily falling victim to many of Tomoki's perverted schemes regarding her massive breasts, and it also leads to her doing some absolutely bizarre things that she considers "normal", while everyone else is blown away at just how stupid she is behaving in their presence.
                  It is not currently known if Astraea was equipped with the advanced PANDORA unit like fellow Angeloids Ikaros or Nymph had installed within their systems. Current speculation suggests that her creator Daedalus might have installed it within Astraea, but it has yet to activate as seen in both Nymph and Ikaros.

Astraea is more dangerous in CQC, but not ranged combat. I think she would be a decent, and more fair match for John despite her weaponry and such... but her stupidity would definitely hinder her in a battle.

Good thing Astraea, and Ikaros are both good.

Just imagine if either one of them were in the RP and Imprinted on John, thus making John their master...

Comment

@NeoFox

If John stays at close range, the bow's effectiveness would be greatly reduced. Arrows travel much more slowly that bullets, which gives John a much better chance of dodging it. Not only that, but it takes time to raw a bow's string back for the shot. Within that amount of time, John would already be out of the way and ready to attack. It would be better for her if she either had a bladed weapon, or if she knows how to use a bow as a melee weapon. If John stays close to her, the explosive energy blasts would also be ineffective. She would run the risk of damaging herself. She could still fire it, but it would be a Pyrrhic attack. If they're powerful enough to take down John, then they would be powerful enough to take her down as well.

If she wants to beat John, she needs to stay far away from him and attack from a distance. If she does that, she should be able to beat him.

Ahh, Astraea would be a little easier, but VERY VERY dangerous. If John gets hit by that sword, he screwed.

The good thing is like they said, her flanks are her weak point. With John's Spartan Time, he should be able to dodge her sword and get a free hit.

What I see is that she's all offense, but little of anything else. She will ruin your day, but if you're quick, she wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Personally, I still would not like to get within striking range. John would have to stick to ranged attacks until she charges him. Once she charges him, he would need to get out of the way, or he would be brutally cut down.

In the end, I have a feeling that her downfall would be her klutziness. You can NOT make mistakes when fighting a Spartan. If you do, then you've lost. I think Ikaros has a much better chance of beating John. If she has a good strategy, then she can beat him. Seeing that she's a good strategist, it shouldn't be too hard for her to come up with a good battle plan. I think the battle between John and Ikaros would be a little bit of a battle of wits. Both are good strategists, and I imagine that they would keep trying to counter each other's strategy, leaving them in an endless cycle of counters.

Just as long as she keeps her distance, she will have the advantage.

As for the imprinting, John would probably find it annoying to an extent. He would appreciate their support in battle, but he wouldn't like to be constantly followed around.
                    Last edited by S121; 11-07-2013, 04:58 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

@S121

Ikaros's Apollon Bow fires shots of energy, so they travel far faster than normal arrows. Not only that but for it to have the raw destructive power to destroy a continent like Japan she must also charge to it's max which is bad.

Also Astraea's speed is also near fast enough to keep up with Gensokyo's favorite Tengu Aya.

There's also one other Angeloid that would definitely be an annoying opponent for John to fight...

Nypmh:

Nymph is an Angeloid with high emotional control, processing capability, but has low battle capability. She would be able to hack John's own abilities so he won't be able to use them (except muscle memory would still aid John.)
                      Spoiler:
                      She specializes in her incredible hacking abilities and impressive stealth modes that allow for her to gain the tactical advantage against her enemies in both battle and on special missions. Unlike Ikaros, Nymph can fully conceal her wings by making them invisible to the human eye, so that when among humans, she can blend in their ranks better than Ikaros could ever do with her non-concealable pink wings. Her ultimate attack is the Paradise Song, a powerful beam of rainbow-colored energy that shoots out of her mouth and if struck by it, it deals massive damage to the victim.

Nymph has the most powerful radar of all first generation Angeloids. Nymph has the ability to hack computer systems, other Angeloids and humans, blocking or unblocking memories and abilities (in other words she can make people forget about things. An example is she hacked Tomoki's brain one time so that he forgot to swim... though Tomoki almost immediately got back into the water to swim. Mostly due to muscle memory, and the sheer persistence in trying to do perverted things to the women in the pool. Much to Nymph's surprise.) Nymph can also become immune to hacking herself. She also has the ability to make any man look like the ideal guy for any woman. She also has the ability to upload data and utilize it perfectly. As seen on when she plugs wires into a keyboard connecting it to herself and becomes a master pianist. She can also temporarily upgrade the weapons of other Angeloid's. The biggest example was when she upgraded Astraea's shield, and sword during the fight against Chaos.

Over all I think Nymph and Ikaros would be a better fight against John than Astraea would (mostly due to her klutziness.)

John could probably overcome Nymph's hacking abilities if she ever did hack any of John's skills (like his accuracy with firearms.) Yet it could still give her a slight advantage. The biggest threat Nymph would pose is her radar, hacking abilities, and Paradise Song. All of which John could easily over come... unless she used the Cool-Guy Jammer to make John seem attractive to every woman he comes across. Then that would be incredibly annoying.

Seriously. When she used the Cool-Guy Jammer on Tomoki in an attempt to help him have better luck with women Tomoki was SWARMED with women (something he loved, but due to his perverted personality Nymph cancelled the Jammer.)

Just think about it. Nymph and John fight. At the beginning of the battle she uses the Jammer on him, and every single Youkai in Gensokyo start to chase John. I think John would be a little frightened at that point xP

Anyways that's all I have to say on Nymph.

Comment

Hey guys

OH MY GOD YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT HEAVEN'S LOST PROPERTY!?

It's one of my favorite animes. Damn does it have a lot of fanservice though...

I used to have the main character Tomoki as my avatar for these forums.
                        Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

@Mega

Welcome back.

Yea one of my friends got me into watching it finally, and I'm surprisingly hooked. I like the art style, and the story is pretty fun.

It's not my favorite though, but I do enjoy it.

Comment

@Mega

Welcome back!

@NeoFox

Ahhh, now THAT, I didn't know about Astraea. If that's the case, then John would have a much harder time dodging. Hid best bet would be to use a Corridor of Darkness to avoid her charge. I'm certain that Armorlock would protect him from the blade, but as soon as it wears off, she could easily bring the blade down and end the battle.

As for the bow, she would still have to keep her distance, or John would move out of the way as she readies the arrow. There's also it's destructive power to worry about. If she fires a powerful shot up close, it could kill her too, based on the assumption that the arrow explodes. The energy would easily pierce John's shields, and the arrow would pierce his armor, considering that it's a piercing energy weapon, like an Energy Sword. In the end, she would need to keep her distance if they fight. She should not fight him up close, but from a distance. If she does that, she'll have an easier time with him.

Nymph would be able to hack his suit, but not his abilities. At best, she could shut it down. The problem lies within the suit's Neural Interface. The suit was designed to integrate an AI, but in the event that the AI went Rampant, the Spartan would have the ability to override anything the AI tries to do. The AI can control all of the suit's movements, but in the end, the Spartan has all the control and can simply shut the AI out. While Nymph would not be able to decrease his accuracy, or force him to move uncontrollably, she would be able to get away with shutting it off, activating Lockdown and immobilizing him, activating his thrusters and sending him flying, etc.. John would fix whatever she did to his armor, but it would take time, and in that frame, he would be vulnerable as he tries to stop it. Another good idea would be to try and install a virus. The only problem with that is that she would need to be fast about analyzing his software and programming a virus for it. He could destroy it with his mind, due to the neural uplink, but it would take his attention away from the fight, allowing Nymph a chance to hit him.

She would most definitely be a pain to fight.

In the end, I am by no means undervaluing their abilities, it's just that I see weaknesses in their attacks and give ways that John could beat them. That being said, they could do the same thing to John and beat him. I gave them countermeasures that they could use against John. In fact, they really would be threats, and if they keep good strategies, they could beat John.

Cool-guy jammer? Uh oh... XD

I guess John... got lucky. (Har! Har! Har! XD) (Too bad he can't anyways.)

It would definitely be a problem, considering how John is basically a prude. He would have a hard time trying to cope with all the attention. He would most likely hide and try to hunt Nymph down so that she could shut it off.
                            Last edited by S121; 11-07-2013, 05:40 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

@S121

Ikaros: A incredibly dangerous opponent at a distance, but get up close and you should be able to deal with her.
                              Ikaros's Apollon Bow: Incredibly dangerous, but also takes a long time to charge.
                              Uranus System and the Hephaestus attack: More dangerous than the Apollon Bow, and would most definitely be a last resort kind of thing. I don't think she would ever use the Apollon Bow or the Hephaestus UNLESS someone she was incredibly close to (or anyone that happens to be her master) would be attacked.
                              Artemis: Most reliable weapon of hers. This weapon basically involves her firing multiple explosive projectiles from her wings that could follow its target forever. Power varies depending on Ikaros' seriousness.

Astraea: Incredibly fast, and strong. Her weapons though make it to where she's a CQC fighter. Stay at a distance, or in fact... don't... Just be fast enough to avoid her attacks, or just hope her klutziness causes her to mess up.
                              Speed, Strength, gear, and CQC capabilities are her biggest factor. Though someone like John could easily counteract if careful enough... or allow her to do herself in with her own stupidity.

Nymph: More of a strategist, and would end up having to deal with using hacking to mess with John to slow him down. Waiting for the perfect chance to strike.

Also her hacking only seems to effect physical (like say someone was a master at Martial Arts, Nymph would use her hacking to place a block on all memories of that person's martial arts skills to prevent him from using them) and mental abilities. Though due to John's suit, and even muscle memory John wouldn't be effected by her hacking completely. Almost anyone could overcome Nymph's hacking abilities through good muscle memory, and even force of will. That John probably has a lot of (especially force of will.)

At least if they were in the RP by ANY CHANCE they would most likely be siding with the good guys which is good.
                              Last edited by NeoFox; 11-07-2013, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Now just think of how that would be if they got into this crazy world too
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                someone is fighting for you.
                                –As long as you remember her,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X