• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HINA FACE SOLVES ALL
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

@NeoFox

Every time I think of reality warping, I start thinking of possibilities, odds, boundaries, concepts, reality itself, the definition of reality, non-existence, omni-lock, and all this other stuff relating to warping reality.

It's a headache to fully comprehend, but I'm getting it.

@Wriggle

DAT FACE! XD
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

I may as well start plastering Hina Faces everywhere. You know, to cure cancer.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

@S121

Well I don't know why I think of the Cyber Maze Core stages in X5, because they are not necessarily reality warped.

They are just the ruins of the recently (like only a few hours after it crashed) crashed or was destroyed in orbit (with pieces of the colony crashing into the Earth) Eurasia Colony which was chock full of the virus. Whenever Zero flew into it with a Shuttle (which was the last plan of action because the Colony would have crashed either way. Since the Enigma Cannon didn't work they had a spare shuttle that someone would have had to fly it into the colony to destroy it.

Canonically it was destroyed, and Zero was uninfected by the virus (in turn was not Awakened but the Hunters feared he was still infected which resulted in a X vs Zero battle and the most notable in the entire series) yet the virus on the Eurasia Colony had mixed with Zero's data and became the powerful Zero Virus. Which was strong enough to alter the Eurasia Colony ruins to look like Cyber Space but in the real world.

Comment

@NeoFox

Ahh, so it was more like it mutated the city, right?

@Wriggle

Vote Hina for President! Cures cancer, makes derpy faces!
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

Pretty much. It looks like Cyber Space, but in the real world. Things are always happening, and it's like memories of X and Zero, maybe even Sigma are manifesting themselves into the the Cyber Maze Core (AKA as the Zero Virus Stages.)

Example 1: The boss Rangda Bangda from the first X game makes a return in Mega Man X5 as the boss of the 2nd Zero Virus Stage. An incarnation of the Yellow Devil from the classic series also makes a appearance as the Black Devil which serves as the boss of the first Zero Virus Stage. In fact the first Zero Virus stage is full of instant death lasers much like Quick Man's stage from Mega Man 2.

Example 2: It also has Dr. Wily's symbol in the background of most boss fights in the Zero Virus Stage. A further example that showed that Zero was indeed created by Wily.

Did I also mention that it is home to one of the BEST fights in the entire series... well 2. Zero Virus Stage 3: You fight Zero as X or X as Zero. Depending on whether or not the Eurasia Colony was destroyed or not decides on if Zero was Awakened or not.

If he was awakened then the fight just seems symbolic. I mean it was kind of established in I think X4 that X and Zero will have to fight each other at some point. Mind you X5 was supposed to be the final game in the series, which would have made the fight against Zero (or X who I always play as in X5) or X (if you manage to have Zero survive and not be awakened by the Eurasia Colony) far more epic and dramatic (remember Zero was supposed to die in the game. After their fight against each other Sigma comes in, they both go in to fight Sigma after recovering, Zero is incredibly injured [lost the lower half of his body and an arm] while X was holding Zero's damaged body Sigma attacked them with a laser through both X and Zero's chest. X was rendered unconscious, and Zero losing the last of his energy fired a Z-Buster shot at the near dead Sigma. Destroying Sigma, and using the last of his own energy died which would have been a permanent death].)

I swear when Capcom made X6 the series was really starting to go downhill... despite me liking X6, and X8.

Either way here is a good video of X vs Zero:

It's basically a retelling of what happened during the ending moments of X5 before Sigma came in at the last second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McjxO...yer_detailpage

Comment

good day everyone, im finally awake with some energy back

been working overtime because of lack of staff and too much paperworl

Im afraid to ask, but what have I missed? (imagines a mountain of posts)
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Dearest apologies for bringing forth precipitation amongst this festival. However, I must depart, for I have a concert to attend to. I bid thee all ado.

See of we have a literary translator among us.

Comment

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

@NeoFox

Sigma always seems to get in the way and screw everything up.

Someone should just drop a nuke on him. That'll solve all their problems. I would say that Prometheus Labs should drop a Bunker Busting nuke on Sigma's base, but that would be too quick of an ending, and I'm pretty sure the government would be pissed.

@Kristia

Welcome back!

@Wonder

I'll wait. It should only take a couple of hours, right?
                      sigpic

Comment

Close, but not write, Wriggs. Not like I have much dialogue to exchange anyways. Just go on without me.

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                          @Mima

How I see it, the Improbability Drive works almost like Yukari's reality warping abilities, only instead of achieving it through boundary manipulation, it manipulates improbability, odds, the chances of things happening.

Now that I think about it, Reimu might be able to beat the Auditor. You may think it sounds totally insane, but she is able to phase in and out of reality, which would make the Improbability drive ineffective, seeing as how it's a reality warping device. All she would need after that are tools and a plan for killing him. Yes, he could still affect himself, but he is weak to high concentrations of energy, and that is what danmaku is. She has both a resistance to his Drive, as well as his weakness.

Anyways, I'm still reading about some other things. It's a pain to try and do an entire month's research in a couple of days, but it's to make it seem like John has planned the Auditor's demise since the end of the first season.

In the end, it's all a pain in the @$$ to flesh out.
                          The thing is, Reimu technically can't lose a battle anyways, so it's redundant. At least I remember reading that somewhere.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Mima

Well, she is mortal, so she can die, only that it's damn near impossible to kill her anyways, at least in a fight. You would have to go for the assassin's approach when fighting her, the one shot, one kill approach. Of course, this is all rough ideas.

That being said, she's probably going to be revived sooner or later... -_-;
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, for the one shot thing, that's easy. Auditor would kill her in mere seconds in that case.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@S121

Yea, but then you have to worry about Sigma's ghost. As long as a small trace of the Sigma Virus is left, then Sigma can continue to exist as a sort of ghost. You can't destroy a ghostly computer virus with a nuke right?

As long as Sigma lives as a ghost (even with a small bit of the Sigma Virus) he can infect technology until it spreads again and he gets a new body.

Please note that it is said that it is nearly impossible to cure the Sigma Virus. However Dr. Doppler of X3 had developed a Anti-Sigma Virus program that almost deleted Sigma in Viral form, and in turn almost stopped Sigma from ever coming back. Yet Sigma still survived because Doppler wasn't able to successfully get rid of the virus.

Also the events of X6 which was only a few weeks after the end of X5 was the result of Gate finding a piece of Zero's body, and started to analyze it because Gate loves data that is difficult to analyze. As a result of scanning the Zero's parts he went maverick, developed the Nightmare, almost caused another catastrophe, and resurrected Sigma who betrayed him in the last portion of the game when it was revealed that Sigma had just used Gate to build him a new body.

Sigma like Wesker is a manipulative bast*rd that after he got what he needs from you, would simply dispose of you like you were just some sort of toy or something.

Sigma and Wesker are pretty similar in several ways.

Sigma wanted to make a world only for Reploids under his rule, while in RE5 Wesker wanted to infect the world with the Uroboros so he can rule over it.

They are both manipulative as they would use someone, then dispose of them once they served their purpose.

Both are insane, and considers themselves stronger than others (however Sigma does acknowledge X and even Zero's potential. Just watch the final cutscene and battle of Maverick Hunter X. A remake of the first X game. While Wesker thinks pretty much everyone except from a few are weaker than him.)
                                (It also has my favorite lines from X in the entire X series. Remember it does take a lot to piss X off to such levels as shown in the video. Before the final battle in MHX Zero died while trying to stop Vile, and before the events of the game Sigma destroyed an ENTIRE city just to get X to show his true power.)
                                Last edited by NeoFox; 10-27-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X