X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California

How long has it been since Iku was walking alongside the endlessly reaching desert? She does not know. How long will it be until she finds a town? She does not know. Is that a giant neon sign? She does know.

"Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas." Iku read. "Well, this should be interesting."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Palace

"I do have somewhat of an idea." Mima spoke up. "Me and Seki here have been researching, and we may have some sort of plan. Patchy, have you ever heard of the Peom of the Invincibles?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Yukari's Resort - Voile Library

"Are you talking about the Invictus?" Patchouli said as she pulled a book.

Out of the night that covers me,
        Black as the pit from pole to pole,
        I thank whatever gods may be
        For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
        I have not winced nor cried aloud.
        Under the bludgeonings of chance
        My head is bloody, but unbowed.

"What about this?"
        Last edited by WriggleRid3r; 07-02-2013, 05:27 PM.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

Upon hearing of the Invincibles, john began searching for them on his helmet.

"Invincibles, enemies from the game Borderlands 2. What do you have in mind?", John Asked Mima.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort (I have no idea why I put Palace earlier)

"I was thinking of something else, possibly. Seki, you have it, you tell her." Mima replied.

Sekibanki cleared her throat.

"I only have a part of it, the other pieces were lost to time.

His teeth made them flee in shame,
            His breath was made of fire.
            His hide turned the mightiest tame;
            His blood could inspire.

It's part of an old poem from my family, and it was spilt into many parts. Those were the parts I knew about. The Invincibles were, or are, creatures and people of unimaginable power. Myths and legends of them were created, I don't know where the other pieces are." Sekibanki explained.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Considering that they're "raid bosses", you're planning on killing them for their items, correct?", John asked Mima and Sekibanki.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"What are you talking about?" Sekibanki asked.

Comment

Skies of Vietnam; Snake
                  We had been over Vietnam or a while. Volgin is deciding on a location to land.

All of a sudden, a dog shot up in the air.

"What the-"

The Chrysalis spoke.

"ATTEMPTED ASSAULT DETECTED. TARGET AQUIRED."

It was aiming at a... A... Silver Hedgehog? What the hell is that thing? Then again, we do have a giant monster cat on board as well.

The Chrysalis was charging the railgun.

"Volgin! Aren't you going to stop that thing?!"

"And why should I do that? That thing, as far as I can tell, has psychokinetic powers and shot a projectile at us!"

"It was a dog!"

"All th more reason, Snake. All the more reason."

The Chrysalis then began making a high-pitched whistling sound.

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"My HUD says that they come from another dimension, just like me and all the other video game characters. It says that they come from a video game called 'Borderlands 2', where they are a type of enemy called a 'raid boss'.", John explained to Sekibanki.

"Not unless we're talking about completely different creatures."
                    sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Maybe they are, but, if possibly reasoned with, could prove immense allies." Mima said. "Even if not being able to be reasoned with, consdering the power of simply their parts, if you take the peom to a literal sense."

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"So we try to reason with the intelligent ones and loot the feral ones?", John asked Mima for confirmation.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Exactly." Sekibanki confirmed. "Now, the one problem is, we have no clue where they could be."

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Considering the feral ones' habitat, they are most likely in deserts, wastelands. The only place that I can think of that's similar to their wastelands are near the southwestern region of the US: New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, and Nevada. They could have migrated there. I could try and access GPS satellites and find them, but I'm not the best at that kind of stuff."

Isaac then cut in.

"I could do that. I'm not a hacker, but I am with NASA. I could easily gain access to the GPS satellites and get us the needed information."

John looked over to Isaac and nodded.

"Sounds like a plan. What do you think?", John asked Mima.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yukair's Resort

Marisa then came in, Kliener, DAR, Pontius, and Salvador behind her.

"It could work. I would try looking for enviroments like the places their lairs are described as. Some of the Invincibles are said to live in lush jungles, some even in places like volcanoes and deep caverns." Sekibanki explained.

"Wait, did someone say Invincibles?" Salvador spoke up.

Comment

Yukari's Resort

John looked over to Salvador.

"Lucky us, we have somebody with hands-on experience when it comes to Invincibles.", John said in a calm tone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X