X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Inventory

Winslow lead John to a room, a larger room with Lonestar, Mr. Foster, The Heavy, Barney Calhoun and Koishi playing Poker below.

"Mr. Foster has: A Straight. Mrs. Komeiji has: A Full House. Koishi wins the hand." GLaDOs said.

"Bloody hell." Mr. Foster said.

"Ey, watch your language, you'll need it for later." Koishi teased.

"I like new girl. She has...spunk." The Heavy commented.

"And she ain't a low down, cheatin' witch either." Lonestar said, getting a fresh cigar.

"Let's put it this way, Lone, i'd prefer Marisa any day to your horrible smell." Barney said.

"Oh, I have an idea. Why don't we just send him to the incinerator, and then he'll just smell like burning." GLaDOS suggested.

"That'll just make the sod smell worse." Mr. Foster replied.

"Are we going to sit around, chatting about my manly musk, or get this rodeo moving?" Lonestar grumbled.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Alia's House

"HA! That's how it's done!", Isaac shouted as Lumine disintegrated.

The Inventory

John quickly walked over to the table.

"Koishi, the invasion is starting now, much earlier than we anticipated.", John said.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

"Now then... could you please remove me from this invisible grasp, Christ? It's quite uncomfortable."

Alia's House

I'm glad that's over... I hope Axl is still alright...

Comment

Somewhere in Nevada

"Good." Christoff said, still not releasing her grip.

The Inventory

"Oh, relax John, I haven't a clue what you're talking about, but time passes differently here. Now, you can either go, or watch me beat these suckers at Poker. No offense, guys." Koishi said.

"No problem." everyone else at the table said.

"Now, let us move on to the next hand." GLaDOs said, dealin out new cards to everyone.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

"... Hmph. Be it as you may, I'm not leaving. Keeping me trapped here will accomplish nothing. And if you kill me, you will kill Otori as well, and though he may or may not be expendable to you, there is someone here who holds him dear like a treasure."

Comment

The Inventory

"In other words, an ancient alien race wants to extract the Earth's core and enslave every living thing on the planet. They're doing it as we speak.", John said to Koishi.

Alia's House

"He should be. We did kill Lumine. Of course, something strange happened to Axl.", Isaac said to Yuyuko as he pointed to Axl, showing that he had changed colors.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

The Inventory

"Actually, time outside here is stopped, or slowed to the extent where it's pretty much the same." GLaDOs explained.

"What she mean, is don't get your pants in a bunch just yet, at least in here." Barney continued.

Somewhere in Nevada

"I'm just going to do this." Christoff snapped his fingers, and suddenly, there were two Otoris. One present, one future.

"Problem solved." Christoff released both of the Otoris.

Comment

The Inventory

"Okay. Just make sure to get to Gensokyo when you're done here. In the mean time, I'm going to wait in here for 24 hours, to let my spell cards cool down.", John said.
                  Last edited by S121; 07-14-2013, 10:47 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Inventory

"If ya want to pass some time, head over to the arcade, or come join us, we could use another player." Koishi suggested.

Comment

The Inventory

John knew Koishi's abilities and what she was capable of, so he declined.

"Sorry, but I don't think my luck is going to help me when it comes to this game.", John said.

"Do they have any shops? Weapons, ammo, medicine, utilities?", John asked.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Inventory

"I can lead you to the shadier section of the Inventory, we'll meet my associate there, he knows that place better than anyone. Follow, if you will." Winlow said.

Comment

"What..."

"The..."

I looked on as the two stared eachother down.

"... Are you my future self? You don't seemed to have aged a bit."

"Of course not, blooded fool. My body exists only in you."

"Nice to know that I call myself a blooded fool in the future..."

"Oh well. What are you going to do? Give up your quest and go home?"

"Well... There is no other choice but to-"

"Listen to me: do not treat Hank as a superior!"

"Where the hell did that come from?"

"When he placed the bomb, did you stop him? No. Why? Because you feared the consequences!"

"Of course I would! That guy can kick my ass into next week!"

"And at the time, so could your parents!"

"..."

"Your parents are your superiors, but they always abused you. You knew without a doubt that if you ran away and they caught you, the punishment would be more severe than anything you would have experienced prior to that event. But you left anyways! Now look at you! A full grown man with unrivaled skills!"

"But I was a child, what did I know?!"

"That's not it! The Neo-Yakuza took you in. You followed their every instruction and learned hat if you went out of line, you would be punished! And now you go and assist characters in blowing up Base 3!? Only a madman would do such a thing. But you didn't care about the consequences! And now you stop?!"

"It's gone! It blew up! End of story!"

"Have you even tried looking in the rubble!?!?!"

Otori stood silent.

"... I... Very well."

He walked over to what's left of the buildings. He got on his knees and began digging, with a new determination in his eyes.

Comment

The Inventory

"Okay.", John said as he followed Winslow.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Inventory

Winslow led John down the corridors, reaching a somewhat darker part of the Inventory.

"Stone, where are you?" Winslow called out.

"I'm coming, i'm coming!" came a somewhat deep voice back. Coming out of a side passage was a man with short, black hair, a white T-shirt with a large bomb with a face on the center of it, along with a pair of blue jeans, a pair of Colts in each holster.

"John, meet Sam "Serious" Stone, better known as Serious Sam." WInslow introduced.

"Well, ain't you a big one?" Sam joked.

"I'll leave you to his tender mercies." Winslow then walked off.

Sam held out his hand. "Pleasure to meet a fellow soldier."

Somewhere in Nevada

"What are you looking for? The Drive?" Hank asked.

Comment

The Consumer

"Deployment process ready, sir!"
                                "Deploy!"
                                Countless landing pods resembling a tin capsule were scattered as it landed on the ground. From each of the pod, 4 to 5 Grunts and one of either Wu-Lord, Seneschal, or Exemplar emerged like a squad. They proceeded to shoot anything that moved: mostly animals and inanimate objects bridtled in the wind. Occasionally, a fairy might get shot and killed, but they quickly resurrect at their home, shocked to find that they just died moments ago.

"Think they're setting up a forward base?" A voice asked: Kanako.
                                "4... No, 5 critters. I think they're setting up outposts." Reimu noted. "These invaders are organized: they seem to understand modern warfare like the back of their hand."
                                "Then what do we do?" Rumia inquired.
                                Reimu looked around... No Yukari yet. "Play defensive until Yukari brings the hidden card."
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X