X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@everyone

Ok, here's some more of Reaper's dialogue. Tell me your impressions after reading it. What kind of villain does he strike you as? I want to see if I'm "playing" him as intended.

"Why am I doing this? Because the haughty must be taught a lesson. Unlike PALADIN, I believe that one must be told their sins before being killed. I will teach each and every one of you that the seemingly powerless are just as dangerous as the most powerful of your kind. Do not think for a moment that you two will be spared. I will take away everything you hold dear. I will split you both apart and watch as you slowly crumble while desperately trying to scratch and claw your way back to each other, and when you have nothing left inside, can no longer fight, and.. beg.. for death, I will be merciful and put you out of your misery. When you go to sleep tonight, love and cherish one another, because it won't be long now.", Reaper said to ... Unlike how he was speaking before, what he had just said was done so with an insidious whisper, a dark promise of things to come.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Why does this remind me of Bane?

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Cucoo

Bane? I've actually never watched the Batman movie with Bane in it, but does Bane actually speak like that?

@everyone

Check my above post.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

I like it, it is good being rather mysterious and give the characters this feeling of hope and dread at the same time

The vixen will enjoy the talk she may have with the reaper
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
            @Cucoo

Bane? I've actually never watched the Batman movie with Bane in it, but does Bane actually speak like that?
            In the movie, yes. In the comics, not so much.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

[OOC Board] - All the World's a Game - Season II

@ S1

I pulled this from the movie and I think the similarities are quite apparent.

Bruce Wayne: Why didn't you just... kill me?

Bane: You don't fear death... You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.

Bruce Wayne: Torture?

Bane: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.

Bruce Wayne: Where am I?

Bane: Home, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this prison is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize Gotham, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny... We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-07-2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Holy crap! You weren't kidding! XD

I need to see this movie! It will give me so much inspiration!!!

Also, it's kind of funny how Bane is talking about torturing an entire city. You see... ^^;;

@Kristia

Yep, there is bound to be an idealogical discussion between the two. Now that I think about it, Reaper just might be the exact opposite to Renamon.

@Mima

Ahh, I see.

So how does he act in the comics?

@everyone

Also, when you read Reaper's dialogue, what kind of voice do you think he would have?
                My brother said that he imagines Reaper as sounding like Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road.
                sigpic

Comment

we shall see, heck, if the reaper is what I´m expecting, they could even play a match of chess while talking
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

If one were able to pacify him, then yea.
                    To be honest, Reaper is a somewhat complex character. (Mainly because I keep flip flopping his motives and his personality. On one side, there's this calm, cold, calculating individual, almost like an evil paladin, while there is also this other side to him. His other side is sadistic, greatly enjoys killing, and has a sort of chaotic air about him. Not only that, he also seems to be somewhat unstable, due to him always referencing various children's games like "tag" and "hide and seek", as well as various other things, such as chess. He treats his fights like he's playing these games.

It's like one side has an order about him, while his other side is chaotic. At this rate, I might just make him have two personalities, each with their own methods and strategies.

@everyone

Check my previous post.
                    sigpic

Comment

Name: Kristia

Timezone: UTG (?) -6

NPC Character of Choice: Kyra, the Hunter

Game of Origin: Destiny

Power: As a huntress, Kyra has great abilities in terms of speed and stealth when choosing to attack without being alerted, most of her powers though are only aids for her natural abilities, the most seen abilities are her invisibility for a period of time, triple jumping an electric field covering her body to slash her way through enemies and an ethereal gun of light that can destroy her targets with three shots of such ability.

Weapons: Here is where the huntress is better at aside from the special abilities. She has two weapons at hand as also an assortment of knives and grenades of different types. Here they are:

Main gun is a hand cannon that can shoot 8 bullets per load either in a fan-style quick shooting or making precise shots that can pierce armors, this weapon called "The Last Word" has great speed if fired from the hip.
                      Spoiler:
                      http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/the_last_word.jpg/522916180/the_last_word.jpg

Secondary weapon is a sniper rifle that has electric element on its bullets, this rifle called "The Supremacy" was a gift from a queen on the edge of the asteroid belt to thank the huntress in her requests. Each bullet can cause critical damage, but the last bullet has the ability to deal extra damage.
                      Spoiler:
                      http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/Destiny_20140924203544.jpg/523740412/800x465/Destiny_20140924203544.jpg

The knives that Kyra uses have two uses, either to melee attack her targets or to be used as throwing weapons that, upon contact, start burning the flesh of the wounded, the grenades have two variants, electric and solar, this grenades, upon hitting a surface or body, break into smaller ones that search for their target either electrocuting or burning it.

Weaknesses: As any other living being Kyra has the weaknesses of a human being even though she is far stronger and faster than the average human.

Appearance: You won´t see this huntress without her armor because since the moment of her revival from her ghost, this armor has beccome part of her. Sure she has changed from armor to armor to have better mobility and defense, but the armor is an extension of the guardian. Her armor is a purplish set of alloys in specific places to cover her vulnerable areas while also letting her move freely, the chest area shows the mark of a crown painted on it, (another gift from the queen), while also she has a violet tinted white cloak with a black eagle on its back.
                      Spoiler:
                      http://i.imgur.com/ZaRYlBn.jpg

The chest plate in detail
                      Spoiler:
                      http://i.imgur.com/eRBSOM0.jpg

and the cloak
                      Spoiler:
                      http://i.ytimg.com/vi/-VLuiT1pPqo/hqdefault.jpg

Personality: Mostly silent and objective in her words, but she has a great loyalty in the justice and would do anything to protect those in need, yet she is curious of the world as Kyra could be seen investigating oddities on the different places she has been

Morality: Neutral good, there are times when doing the right thing can be seen as bad, but someone has to do it

Biography: As one of the many guardians fighting the darkness, Kyra was a huntress in the scouting teams to discover, understand and take advatage of the knowledge the guardians could use against their enemy. She was actually investigating the Vault of Glass, a place where the Vex, a faction of robotic devils that would destroy anything on their path to conquer planets, protected as an important treasure. She knew of the protector of the Vault, Atheon, since she had also fought against such monster that could send anyone to either the past and the future at its own will, yet if this Vex was killed, it would come back since the fight was always against an Atheon from a different time period, so they guardians could fight against an infinite number of this creature.

It was this specific raid that made the huntress dread the chances of dying inside the Vault because there had been cases where a guardian was sent to a different time and couldn´t be rescued, thus being forever lost in time. There was also different on this raid because the Vex were more relentless than other times, the Templar used devastating attacks that destroyed the whole place leaving only pieces of the pilars. Even the gorgons were actually eager to find the guardians. They all knew there was something wrong on this journey, but what they faced wasn´t what they expected.

In the Glass throne was Atheon, but it was followed by what looked like the gatekeepers in the Black Garden, but they had Glass armor as their master. The fight was a total disaster, Kyra saw how her comrades fell one by one until only three were left. She couldn´t help but chuckle at her team, a titan, a warlock and a hunter, they even were her two friends from the first time she got on The Tower.

Tyler and Gau-II managed to hold the gatekeepers at bay with their rocket launchers as Kyra was protecting them with the relic, they were going to die, she knew that, but then had an idea. She summoned her ghost and gave it an order that would be her last. The ghost only nodded at that obviously with a sad expression showed by it´s movements as it eyed both the titan and Warlock, they never had the chance to react as they were both sent to the orbit by Kyra´s ghost leaving the huntress alone against her possible death.

She had heard that this relic was made from one of the gorgons and she theorized that the ability to erase a creature from existence would work against Atheon, the huntress took her knife and started stabbing the "eye" of the relic hoping for the absurd idea that would fail in any second until it actually blinked and looked at the gatekeeper closest to them. It just vanished in seconds. With a new hope, Kyra aimed the relic towards the other ones and the same thing happened, but when she aimed at Atheon, nothing happened. Not losing her will, the huntress ran towards the Vex. She felt the burns form the blasts until she reached the gem, it cracked at first when the relic gazed at it until it also vanished. Atheon used its last resource of energy to try to destroy its enemy by using the time travelling move.

At first, she only saw light, probably heaven or its illusion, then she felt grass, Kyra looked at her surroundings and noticed that she was on Earth, but it looked peaceful. She ventured through the forest she was until she saw a city. A new journey started.

Traumas: Memories of her now gone friends haunt the huntress when she has nightmares.

Notes: None that I can think at the moment
                      Last edited by Kristia; 11-19-2014, 05:09 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Here's some apps i've been meaning to put in.

NPC Character of Choice: Magalor

Game of Origin: Kirby: Return to Dreamland

Power: Due to his experiences with the "Master Crown", he has been infused with limitless power, though he's learning how to control it. He can use it to use various spells and other abilities, such as phasing, teleportation, and more.

Weapons: Nothing but his magical spells.

Weaknesses: Though Magalor is powerful in terms of abilities, physically, without magical assistance, he is quite weak.

Appearance:

Personality: Magalor is extremely intelligent, but can be arrogant at times. He speaks and acts very politely. He's generally a nice person after he gave up his evil goals.

Morality: Lawful Neutral

Biography: Magalor suddenly appeared on Kirby's planet, Pop-star, through a star-shaped wormhole inside his ship, the Lor Starcutter. The ship broke apart as it exited the wormhole, and Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee, all offered to help piece the ship back together. Magolor agreed and in exchange, will take them to his home planet Halcandra. The four went on a quest all across Pop-Star to get both th parts, and the energy spheres needed to power the ship.

After the ship was fully functional, he fufilled his part of the bargain, taking them to Halcandra. There, as they arrived, they were attacked by the dragon Landia, forcing the ship to crash-land, and luckily, it didn't fall to pieces this time.

Magolor informed the gang that Landia was on a rampage and needed to be stopped. THe four agreed, and set out to defeat the four-headed dragon. After they defeated it, Magolor appeared, taking the crown the beast was wearing. He revealed it to be the Master Crown, a source of limitless power. Putting it on his head changed his form, making him larger, more menacing, and more powerful. He stated his wishes to take over the universe, and thanked Kirby. He then fled through a portal using the Lor.

Luckily Landia was there, allowing the heroes to follow him into Another Dimension and defeat him as he was corrupted by the Master Crown's influence.
                        Since entering the real world, he has since been trying to make himself up for those horrible actions he caused, doing what he did best, engineering and magic.

Traumas: He's remorseful by what he did to Kirby, and scarred by what the Master Crown did to his body.

Notes: None

NPC Character of Choice: Marx

Game of Origin: Kirby: Super Star

Power: Marx has immense power, both physically and magically, along with the ability of flight.

Weapons: None

Weaknesses: He is not immortal, and can be destroyed with enough damage.

Appearance:

Personality: Marx is a trickster by nature, and a smart one at that, telling lies and fabricating devious plans to get what he wants or needs. He likes messing with people, playing pranks or tricks on people.

Morality: Chaotic Neutral

Biography: There was a time on Pop-Star when the Sun and Moon fought one another. When that occurred, Marx appeared, asking Kirby for help to stop them from fighting, suggesting to get the power of surrounding stars and summoning the wish-granting mechanical comet NOVA.

Kirby did this, gathering the power and summoning NOVA, but just as he was going to make the wish, Marx knocked him out of the way, instead wishing for complete control of Pop-Star. NOVA granted this wish, giving Marx immense power. Kirby was able to defeat him, sending Marx flying into NOVA, causing it to explode.

Marx, nearly dead, was ressurected with even more power after his body came into contact with NOVA's residual energy. But it wasn't Marx anymore, it was a corrupted, twisted version, completely insane. Kirby was able to barely defeat him, but he did, ending Marx's life.

Marx was ressurected when the Horizon incident occurred, and considering all the super-powerful heroes around, he decided not to try to take over the Earth, lest he be killed again. So, eventually he ran into Magolor, and the two found a few things in common with each other. The two have been together since, though Magolor finds him annoying at times.

Traumas: He does not have fond memories of when he was ressurected by NOVA.

Notes:

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Just to let you know Mima that both characters are accepted, Although Marx looks like a rainbow gem bat lol

Spoiler:

Comment

Approved for all.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I agree. Also approved for Kristia's app, and Mima's two apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristia View Post
                                Just to let you know Mima that both characters are accepted, Although Marx looks like a rainbow gem bat lol
                                He usually has the wings retracted. Uses 'em when he needs them.

Comment

Working...
                                X