Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ TR

I know that feel

I had to change Aion's name from Arrow to Aion because I discovered that there was a character in H.A.W.X. that pretty much was Arrow.

Wii version[edit]

The game tells the story of Arrow, a mercenary pilot in the employ of DDI, a ruthless private military corporation. Arrow however does not approve of the DDI's lack of morality and eventually leaves the PMC to join H.A.W.X. The player's adversaries in the game are known only as "the enemy" and are largely unknown. The only exception is the mysterious yet extremely dangerous enemy mercenary ace codenamed Major Zeal.
    There were a few other things but...
    ...tbh I think nothing is original anymore.
    It's all in how you use what already exists.

...I actually think I have nothing truly original in EG...

The Nihiliods -> Exactly like Darkers in PSO2 (even though I was originally inspired by the Aparoids of Star Fox Assault)
    The Shards of Starlight -> Exactly like the Fire Emblem in Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, except with the Medallion concept from LoZ: OoT
    Aion -> Link, Shulk, Matthew/Isaac/Felix of Golden Sun, Fox McCloud, Ike/ Marth/ Sothe of Fire Emblem, Chronos and Aion of Greek Mythology, Perseus, and a few billion other things.
    Selene -> Sakuya (Touhouvania version)
    Marc -> Canas of Fire Emblem (Literally...I go in depth and learn that the profile behind the art I used is exactly what I intended.)
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-22-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

double post

Ok I've written myself into a dead end

How would you all classify Light (Holy Arts) and Dark (Dark Arts) Magic?

I'm trying to figure out how to define them so that I can branch of versions of Elementals based upon Light and Dark...

Comment

@Cucoo

I would consider them to be more spiritual based than earthly based.

The main actual elements (Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water including the sub-types of lightning, and ice and such) are Earthly elements. Stemmed from well... the natural energies of the earth.

Light magic was the first magic type to be created in an attempt to bring enlightenment to the world. This was the first brother's creation as with light magic people will be more eager to be more peaceful in order to use it, as it usually requires one to have positive thoughts and emotions and a pure heart to successfully use. However with light, and good there must be a balance. Dark and (not necessarily) evil as one cannot outweigh the other.

Hence the 2nd brother's creation. He created Dark Magic to bring balance against Light Magic. He created the magic to be fueled by negative thoughts and emotions. However this came with a downside. People became greedy over their magic. Greed is a negative thought, a negative emotion, a deadly sin. As such Dark Magic needed to be controlled along with Light Magic.

The two brother's saw the problems with the magic they created. As such the third brother stepped in and used all his might to creation the Four Elemental Guardians by imbuing his magical power, and a bit of his soul into the Earth, the Sky, the Flame, and the Sea. Thus creating the Four Guardians which had helped keep Dark Magic, and Light Magic under control. Afterwards the first two brother's saw this and were amazed. Peace was seemingly brought to the world. Eventually the Light and Dark Guardians were created to help govern all the magic types throughout the world.

With the Four Elemental Guardians the elements of Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water was created. Magic then became widespread. No one person able to compete with the power of the Guardians, or the Trinity (aside from the Demon King, but hey. He's a pretty cool guy.)

Even with all the magic now perfectly balanced humans still wished for more power, and sought out such power. In turn the First Great Magical War broke out.

I hope that helps...

Comment

hmm not really....

If you looked at Marc's app in TSU you would see more what I'm trying to figure out.

The way magic works in my scenario is "Dark is not evil"

My problem is figuring out what Light and Dark magics would be if the elementals are derived from them.
          ...unfortunately I'm staring at one major problem with how I currently have them defined.

- Light magic: The manipulation of Energy. Can be used to create various effects of light as it is. It can also be used to condense the energy to create solid light in the form of crystals (which is the most strenuous task to perform) and use light as "solid/liquid" flowing energy. It is allowing for interesting mechanisms to be created using the crystals as energy sources in addition to the natural energy crystals that can be found. In addition, some believe it might be possible to use the magic to guide souls back to the realm of the living...

- Dark magic: The manipulation of Matter. Can be used to alter any matter by energizing atoms so that they can be manipulated. Typically used for alchemy and various potions. It is possibly to energize matter to the point where it explodes, but this is taxing on the caster. Can also rearrange matter into various shapes, i.e. solid walls of very strong materials that otherwise would be impossible to create. It is through the concept of alchemy that Achlys froze the flower...
          It makes sense...until definitions start to clash and other abilities are drawn out.

The basis of Shattered Ice Flower is that there's two main types: Light and Dark.
          They have different properties which affect the users elementals, such as fire, wind, water, etc.

I know that I would want Dark to have life drain, curse, and various other debuff inflicting statuses while Light has more-

...oh wait...I answered my own question.

=w= give dark debuffs and light buffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
            The way magic works in my scenario is "Dark is not evil"
            It is never implied or stated that Dark magic is an inherently evil magic. It may be fueled by darker thoughts and negative emotions but it's not evil. That's like saying Light mages and guardians of light are good. They're not! Have you ever heard of an overzealous paladin? Those guys are messed up!
            Apply the converse and you get a dark mage that protects and help people. That's what Major Mario's Sarah (Bloody) Hunnigan was about. A joyful and helpful vampire that used darkness. Darkness can be used for good intentions, if used correctly. You just have to break some stereotypes.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@ TR

...yea that's the point.

I would have to explain everything about Shattered Ice Flower, but the basic gist is the typical "corruption within" and "You're on the wrong side."
              ...which is pretty much what I use for everything.

The problem was though that I couldn't figure out how to describe Light and Dark as being the basis of other elementals.
              Even though what I had would have worked, it wouldn't permit the trademark Dark Arts aspect.

EDIT: I think I'm going to tie it back to Aura Energy...

Aura energy is the basis of the Galaxy and therefore can be manipulated however.
              If I say that the magic works through Crystals it would make sense...
              Energizing the crystal so that it bears one trait, either Light or Dark...
              Each person can turn themselves to be in tune with either trait, hence Light and Dark Mages...
              This restricts what you can use...

Dammit I still can't make it work in my head.
              Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-22-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Double post Edit

this is what I need to make work because this is what I've set up...

EDIT 2:

Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness, the sources of all magic on the planet Alcyon and therefore the continent of Mana.

The Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness are _____(1)______ that can be awakened with specific rituals.

Upon awakening, The ___(1)____ of Eternal Light does ____(2)___, while the ___(1)___ of Ethereal Darkness would plunge all of Mana into darkness, granting the Awakener extraordinary power that bends to their will, however, the power of the Ethereal Darkness tests the soul and if the Awakener is not worthy, will become a puppet of the Ethereal Darkness.

From the Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness, all types of magic are born. ________(3)____________

[insert more blanks here because I still can't figure it out]

I can't connect the dots.

Current ideas:

1: Sentient Entities
                1: Crystals
                2: Exact same thing as the Ethereal Darkness?
                3: However, it is from Nymphs that the elemental properties are derived.(maybe?)
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-22-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

Wait which RP is this even for!?

In TSU I never said that Dark Magic is meant for complete EVIL. It was made to be the counter for Light magic, as if it grows to powerful bad shit can happen and vice versa. Dark Magic is just fueled by negative thoughts and emotions. Meaning things like simple anger, and sorrow could fuel Dark Magic. Doesn't mean Dark Magic is evil. I mean look at the Dark Teacher Ms. Dharc. She's not evil... she is cruel, but not evil. It's just that Dark Magic was created to be the opposite of Light Magic to counter it, and vice versa. The Four Elemental Guardians, and the earthly elements were built to balance everything else out.

Light Magic doesn't mean that something is immediately "Holy" same as how Dark Magic isn't actually "Evil" Holy and Evil magic types are for Demonic Magic (not to be used by actual players in the RP aside from a few important NPC's later on), and actual Holy Magic.

Not meaning to bash on you or anything, seriously I'm not. Just saying, and just asking. Also what RP are you talking about? EG or TSU? Because it's getting quite confusing for me now.

ALSO FYI People. Me and Wriggle will be playing Elsword for a good portion of the day.

Comment

I might check forum every two dungeons or so (after I eat dinner of course), but seeing that both Pringles and Kristia aren't online I don't see any RPs getting much progress.

...Unless Satorix posterino on TSU for Spira of course.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

@ SUS

EG: Shattered Ice Flower which is the origin story for Kiara

And yes I know that but when you first said it I was thinking you meant it to be more malicious.

But the problem still remains unaddressed
                      I need a way to explain how Light and Dark Magic are the origins of all magic instead of having three brothers where light and dark are two of them but are not the origins.

Comment

@Cucoo

Okay well that is cleared up...

I'll try and help you if you need help, but I will be busy today so... yeah...

Comment

aye...

Challenge: Fill in the blanks with something that would make sense.

Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness, the sources of all magic on the planet Alcyon and therefore the continent of Mana.

The Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness are _____(1)______ that can be awakened with specific rituals.

Upon awakening, The ___(1)____ of Eternal Light does ____(2)___, while the ___(1)___ of Ethereal Darkness would plunge all of Mana into darkness, granting the Awakener extraordinary power that bends to their will, however, the power of the Ethereal Darkness tests the soul and if the Awakener is not worthy, will become a puppet of the Ethereal Darkness.

From the Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness, all types of magic are born. ________(3)____________
                          The Elementals are ________________(4)___________________ with their basis derived from the (Light and Dark).

Both Light and Dark are technically neutral where they both have utilitarian purposes.
                          Light magic has the obvious uses of providing Light Crystals and Energy Crystals
                          Dark magic on the other hand seems to benefit the aspects of Alchemy.

I can't connect the dots.

Current ideas:

1: Sentient Entities
                          1: Crystals
                          2: Exact same thing as the Ethereal Darkness?
                          3: However, it is from Nymphs that the elemental properties are derived.

Comment

Here's one that makes sense to me for 1 and 2.

The Eternal Light and Ethereal Darkness are BUNNIES that can be awakened with specific rituals.

Upon awakening, The BUNNY of Eternal Light does BACKFLIPS, while the BUNNY of Ethereal Darkness would plunge all of Mana into darkness, granting the Awakener extraordinary power that bends to their will, however, the power of the Ethereal Darkness tests the soul and if the Awakener is not worthy, will become a puppet of the Ethereal Darkness.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

the sad part is I saw that coming...
                              The Backflips, I didn't.
                              But the bunnies I did...

Comment

Can someone help me find the last post that dealt with Reimu? Yes, I'm going to have him fall on our little miko. I have to go afk for a bit.
                                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Working...
                                X