X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@TRXD

Now it's just a matter of finding lunar magic.

I think either Midas Magic, or something else might have what you're looking for. (It's been a long while since I've looked into magic mods.)
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@S121
      Yeah... I'll definitely have to check it out in due time.
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Have you guys watched Bolt yet?
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
          Bolt? As in that Disney movie about a dog who thought he was a superhero? Yeah, I have.
          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD
            It's such a good movie I cried ;_;
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
              I can't remember much of it. From what I remember, I just thought of it as a... meh... movie. It was a typical Disney film with typical Disney morals and clichés. The moral of the story: Don't get too engrossed in your acting. But at the same time, do. It saves lives apparently.

There are so many Disney and/or Pixar movies with some mixed up morals.
              Incredibles: Don't be a dick to children. They'll f*ck you over.
              Monster Inc.: Everyone is evil except you, your best friend, and a random toddler.
              Toy Story: You're a toy. DEAL WITH IT!
              Toy Story 2: You're a toy. DEAL WITH IT SO MORE! Also, prospectors are dicks.
              Beauty and the Beast: Stockholm Syndrome is ok!

There's a lot of them.
              Last edited by Luna Pixu; 03-21-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

@ TR

Monsters inc: Which is more powerful? To be feared, or to be loved?
                Toy Story 3: (because I can't remember the first two) Sometimes you have to let go of the past.
                El Dorado: Being honest and yourself as well as being true to your friends yields the greater reward/adventure.
                Atlantis: Never give up your dreams
                Bolt: Reality is a b*tch. You might not have superpowers but you can still be a hero.

Comment

@Cucoo
                  I know those are the true morals. I'm making a joke by taking them for what the story shows instead of what it is actually trying to teach. That is the actual extent of the Disney story cliché. Personally, I like my harsh and perverse take on the stories than what it's supposed to be.
                  Also, El Dorado is a Warner Bros. movie. Not a Disney movie.

Comment

@ TR

It wasn't a Disney?
                    huh...I always thought it was =w=
                    Probably because I saw DreamWorks and for some reason tied that to Disney...

and ya, the literal translations do kind of seem strange in comparison.

Comment

@TRXD and Cucoo

OH WOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! XD

I was reading your posts while eating some chips and read your posts about that movie El Dorado. I remembered watching that as a kid, and remembered the song, but because I had chips on my mind as well, I thought of the main song like this.

EDIT:

To be honest, I was eating Lays, but noticed that Dorado sounds kind of like Doritos.

Spoiler:

(Sing along with the modified lyrics, kids. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nKatdu9XeI

Our glorious city
                      Was build by the divinities by Gods
                      Who saw fit to bestow
                      The gift of a pardise
                      Peaceful and harmonious upon
                      Us mere mortals below
                      And made El Doritos
                      The magnificent and golden
                      One thousand years ago
                      El Doritos, El Doritos, El Doritos
                      But all this was granted
                      For only one millenium
                      I know my legacy is to fulfill
                      My promise to all my people
                      Who have trusted me, the Gods
                      Will approve of us still
                      Preserve El Doritos
                      And I believe they will
                      The mountains so high and waters deep
                      Are her disguise
                      Her secrets are safe from foreign hands
                      And eyes forever
                      Preserve El Doritos
                      And I believe they will
                      Last edited by S121; 03-21-2014, 08:59 PM.
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

@S121
                        Man... If I wasn't so damn tired, I'd be eating some doritos right now. I have a massive addiction when it comes to doritos.
                        But all that aside, I kind of liked El Dorado. Well, for every part except for the Mad Priest scenes and the Jaguar construct. They seemed very out of place. Only there to bring action to the movie for the sake of bringing action to the movie. Not a wise move... Not a wise move at all.

Comment

@ S1

It took me way too long to realize what was different about the lyrics.

I swear I'm getting stupider ...

Oh and I finally made a connection I can't believe I missed before.

*initial discovery*
                          "...so there's this swordswoman in Fire Emblem named Marisa. Huh..."
                          [a few months later]
                          "WHAT THE?!? THERE'S A FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER ALSO NAMED MARISA?!?"

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS BEFORE?

Comment

@Cucoo
                            What's this Marisa's personality like? If she's like Kirisame, I now have a reason to hate all the Marisa in existence.

Comment

@TR

Nope, nothing like Kirisame
                              More like a Youmu...except the "went through brutal training" type and "Mercenary" Stereotypes

Marisa (マリカ, called Marica in the Japanese version) is a playable character in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. She is a member of Gerik's Mercenaries. She is an aloof and detached beauty, and a master of the blade, earning fame as the "Crimson Flash" because of her great speed. She seeks to surpass her father, who was also a great swordmaster. She is unusually clumsy at everything outside of fighting, as revealed to the player in a Support conversation with Gerik. It is also shown that she secretly has a crush on Gerik, as her supports with her friendly rival Tethys reveal.

Regardless of the route, she is accidently deployed under the hire of Grado, while Gerik and the other Mercenaries were hired by Innes. In Eirika's route, she switches sides after speaking to Gerik, not worried about what this would do to her reputation. In Ephraim's route, she switches sides after learning about the mix up from Ewan.

In her ending, she became the leader of a mercenary force of her own, defeating all who would challenge her to a duel. If she reaches an A support with Gerik, she stays with him and becomes the group's fencing instructor, while if she reaches A support with Joshua, she swears loyalty to him and becomes Jehanna's top swordfighter.

Comment

double post

...this gave me an absolutely evil idea

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...KillAndReplace

Comment

Working...
                                X