Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Cucoo

What do you have in mind?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@ S1
      Not much...but...
      Considering the fact Morpheus is a Doppelganger...

Of course right now I don't know where I could use it...
      but before I never thought of using it...
      So I'm asking "Where could I use it?"

Comment

well cucoo, I guess that id you would do that, you would have to kill and replace one of your characters

and im back from a good day off
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia
          wb

and ya it is one of those things I would do.
          But the ironic thing is I never considered it.

Morpheus in TSU is already kinda doing it as he's taken on Achlys's form...
          But it's not a "kill, replace, act as though nothing happened."
          With the scenario in TSU, Kiara knows something is wrong.

And a quick question to everyone

First thoughts to describe "Elder Magic"
          or "Ancient Magic"

First thing that comes to mind?

Comment

@Kristia

Welcome back!

@Cucoo

Oh, I see.

EDIT:

Hmm. Well, I'm not entirely sure. To be honest, it reminds me of light and darkness magic, but those are already accounted for.

Anyways, here's a "fan song".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0fT36kwbvU
            Last edited by S121; 03-21-2014, 10:04 PM.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

hm.. elder magic and ancient magic, the origins of how the the elements worked with the humans in harmony

just rwo things about the the doppleganger idea cucoo, golden fox and cerulean jackal :P
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ Kristia

it would be interesting to have a doppelganger in AtWaG...
                ...a real one and not these obvious ones like Shadow Links.
                There was one case of it in Fire Emblem but even then it was...not real doppelgangers.

Is there any characters in games that are the true Doppelganger stereotype?

On the Elder/Ancient magic

...ya it does have that "light and darkness"/"origins of the elements" feel to it.

The reason I ask is because the term was used here

Canas (カナス, Kanasu) is a playable character in Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken. He is a man on a quest to gain knowledge. Canas is a passionate scholar who has a tendency to read on the battlefield and unintentionally neglect the people he cares for, as pointed out by Nino in their supports.

In Canas' supports with Pent, it is revealed that knowledge of the ancient magics has been passed down in his family for generations. He has three brothers, but all of them were taken by the forces of darkness. The elder magic Canas uses, like his brothers before him, is based on the forces of darkness and to use this magic, one must invite the dark forces within him. It is tempting to submit to the darkness, which is why Canas' brothers merely subexist. Canas is afraid of suffering the same fate of his brothers, but as he puts it: "However, I must see the other side. My curiosity pushes me ever deeper. It will be my undoing."
                And I was thinking "That matches what Marc would be using..."

Comment

@Cucoo

Yea, the reason I was thinking light and darkness is because they have a sort of primordial feel to them, as if those were the oldest magic types, ones that are essentially the basis of positive and negative, the very foundations of the universe.
                  sigpic

Comment

@ S1

right, makes sense.
                    It also helps me put it to words cause to me when I hear Elder or Ancient Magic I start thinking massive grand ancient temples and all those strange mgic mechanisms and some sort of summoning
                    But when I saw it in a different context it had me wondering...

And now this is strange...
                    Marc is the first character I've made I can't seem to find a good theme that matches...

Comment

Right. I'm here, but if I don't see activities I'm going to sleep.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I smell a continuity error waiting to happen

Note the fact that Hannah's body and arms are in her office where Kiara and Achlys/Morpheus are.

Comment

@Cucoo

Yes Hannah's body and one of her arms are in the infirmary, but her other arm is still in the library right?

Comment

@Cucoo

Then how does that create a continuity error? That would simply mean that her legs are missing.
                            sigpic

Comment

@Cuckoo
                              Or it could be that they just are at a wrong location.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

@sus
                                Aaron already brought the 2nd arm

@s1
                                No the famous "saying its somewhere else than where it really is"

@wriggs
                                Thats the point
                                Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-22-2014, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X