X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

Man, I used to remember most of the DS3 weapons, but forgot almost all of them. I at least remember the Clearcutter.

As for your character, I take it she will be a soldier or security personnel? (A guess from the armor.)
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Dammit in TSU I forgot to keep track of Dorm Numbers... Hey people in TSU what dorm numbers would you all wish to have? Would any of you wish to have any of my characters as roommates? I'll actually repost this in the OOC of TSU...

Comment

@Sus

Well, I think I would prefer Jason to share a dorm with Andrew. That was how it was in the first TSU, and I think it was good.

What are your thoughts?
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

@S121

I think that is fair enough.

Comment

Ok, I found the weapon, now I remember why I loved it

The Mjölnir: A chain ligthning gun/Hidraulic hammer weapon

Spoiler:
            http://i.ytimg.com/vi/b85EMRLS_mQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler:
            http://i.ytimg.com/vi/b85EMRLS_mQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Here are the details of it
            Spoiler:
            The Mjölnir is named after the Norse mythological weapon, Mjölnir. It is a combination of a Chain Lightning Gun and a Hydraulic Hammer.

The upper tool: The upper tool of Mjölnir consists of a Tesla Core with a Diffraction Torus Tip (Chain Lightning Gun). This produces an electric arc that spreads to nearby targets.

The lower tool: The lower tool of Mjölnir consists of a Hydraulic Engine with a Conic Dispersal Tip (Hydraulic Hammer). Allows tool to be swung like a hammer. Inflicts more damage than the Default Tip.

The armor is the security one if I remember right
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
              @Kristia

Man, I used to remember most of the DS3 weapons, but forgot almost all of them. I at least remember the Clearcutter.
              That's the problem with the game.

TOO MANY WEAPONS. I can only name a few, and that's because those were what I used. Mjolnir for the win.

Also, Kris, you ninja-posted. My Mjolnir's better.
              Last edited by Koishi; 11-13-2014, 12:10 AM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Kristia and Mima

Wait, DS3 had a tesla gun? 0-0

That is so cool. XD

As for me, I have always liked the old weapons the most. They just feel... comfortable to me.

Anyways Kristia, you're right. That is the security armor, but I think that one's skin is a little different from the old one. You're still right though.
                Last edited by S121; 11-13-2014, 12:15 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that is also a great highlight of the game HUGE variety of weapons

and correction in the suit. The one the blonde has is the EarthGov Security Suit

Spoiler:
                  The suit is composed of several armour plates (cuirass, greaves, poleyns, vambraces, brassards), a fully head-encapsulating combat helmet, a thick, hermetically sealed, protective bodysuit, and a military-grade duty belt bearing miscellaneous equipment.

The helmet and armour are covered in a digital camouflage pattern, composed of brown and olive pixels imposed on a tan background, while the bodysuit is predominantly grey/black with a protective tan under-vest and padding. The left brassard bears a white ring with a secantial cross, whereas the right armlet bears a white 6; both bear the words "EARTH GOV" printed directly beneath.

The circular symbol also appears in black on the right upper poleyn, while the number 6 is printed on the back of the combat helmet and, in black, as "EG-6" on the collar of the cuirass. It would appear that "6" is indicative of a military or security forces unit.

Ah, classic weapons like the line gun, flame thrower, Plasma (godly sent) Cutter, the grenade/mine launcher. They never get dull
                  Last edited by Kristia; 11-13-2014, 12:18 AM.
                  Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Heh, with that armor, you could easily make a backstory.

What do you have in mind for your character?

Also yes, those weapons are the tools of the trade. Plasma Cutter ftw! XD
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                      @Kristia and Mima

Wait, DS3 had a tesla gun? 0-0

That is so cool. XD
                      Screw the tesla part. Bashing Necromorph heads in was the best.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

I´m currently reading EarthGov´s page in the wiki and for what I´m getting, and that I have the care the size of an insect about Unitologist.

Possibly, the soldier would be of the Black Ops branch, and (as it is speculated) when EarthGov big guys started researching for Markers, she decided to quit, but oh my, if you look at your window, you might see a moon with tentacles

Mima is right. Bashing your enemies with your weapon, fists, or feet has the greatest feeling of joy, or stress release

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia and Mima

As Isaac would say,...

"AAAH!" *STOMP* "DIE!" *STOMP* MOTHER F*****!" *STOMP* "F***ING STOP!" *STOMPSTOMPSTOMP* XD

Yea, I remember watching this one LP where they were joking around, saying that Dead Space was originally just a stomping simulator game, but that Visceral decided to add a story to it. XD

As for your character Kristia, that already sounds good. The good thing is that it was easy to make, so things should just flow naturally for you. As for me, I'm unoriginal, so if I made a character, it would be EXTREMELY similar to Isaac, so I'd might as well use him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Why not Isaac himself? Who knows what the hell happened to him.

Comment

Mima has a point

also..
                              http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...or-d2xtbs3.jpg

Spoiler:

Comment

@Mima

And Isaac I shall be! XD

To be honest, I have a hard time deciding if I like John or Isaac more. I already talked with Kristia about this, but I feel that Isaac is more relatable, and unlike all the supersoldiers, bounty hunters, and space marines out there, Isaac is just an engineer. He's not invincible and he's not extraordinary, he's just a normal guy put into extraordinary circumstances, and rises to the occasion each time.

@Kristia

ODSTS have nothing on Engineers. ;p

Tell me, why is it that engineers seem to be the most badass characters in Dead Space? There was another engineer in one of the spinoff games, but I forgot her name.

If engineers are so badass, then why don't they use them as soldiers? Get an army of engineers to fight the Necromorphs, and those alien space zombies will be running with their tails between their legs. XD
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X