X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

For me, I listen to them and entire scenes unfold in my mind. I have already gotten ideas for fights, just because of the music. Cry of The Ancients is quite possibly my favorite DS3 song. It has this something to it, sadness, yet a little something else. The melody would be the theme for DS3, at least in my opinion. It recurs in a few of the DS3 songs.

Anyways, I already have a couple ideas for weapons the characters can make. One is a corrosive "Gas Thrower" that spews that corrosive gas from DS3. The gas could also be fired on a grenade form, dissolving tissue and softer metals for a couple seconds before dispersing.

Another weapon would be a fully automatic, high powered nailgun. It wouldn't be a powerful weapon, but it would mainly serve as a weapon that can put out a lot of firepower, a dps type weapon. Think of it like the Needler from Halo. The nails can be coated in various poisons, or even acids, maybe even small explosives. Its secondary fire would be either a single, extremely high powered shot fueled by higher air pressure, or perhaps the nail/air canister hybrid can be thrown as a shrapnel explosive. I was also thinking that the gun might be powered by the air canister in the person's suit.

What are your thoughts?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

both guns are great idea, my character would have the Mjölnir weapon because of the chain lightning firing and the hammer styled melee

The second one, I´m mostly going for the detonator from DS2 it is easy to use with the grenade launcher firing those cans of destruction or by making great traps for either ambushes or escape routes.

Also, there can only be a limit of weapon quantity, we are not a super human who can have 4-9 weapons on his back *cough* Serious Sam *cough* so what about only 2 weapons per person, sure they can adapt them and/or replace them when needed though.

I can already use the song you posted for the introduction post of Kara (that will be her name). Just imagine a person escaping a ship filled with Necromorphs only to wander through the solitary space, only having your thoughts as companions.. hoping to reach that colony that was your only escape of the now infected ship. But you know that there will be more of those monsters in that colony station.. but for now, enjoy the silence of space
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

As for Isaac, I might have his post start off immediately after the end of the DLC. He would be in another one of those hallucinations that take place inside his mind, but after he wakes up, he sees that he and Carver are crashing down on Earth.

When Isaac wakes up, he sees that the ship is torn apart and sees that Carver is missing. Isaac then tries to figure out where he is, quickly learning that he is in the middle of an already infested Necromorph city. He then has to try and escape, but unfortunately all his weapons were damaged in the crash, as well as his RIG suit. Just like the Dead Space games. XD

Another weapon would be a variant of the Plasma Cutter, only a better version. You know how each game has a special variant, such as the "Refurbished Plasma Cutter" and the "Planet Cracker"? This one will be called the "Moon Crasher", a perfect homage to the tradition, as well as being a sort of callback to the song from DS3, as well as the last boss of DS3.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

We could do something to start together actually

Let´s say Isaac´s ship is going for Earth while Kara is trying to go away from her ship. They both need something, Isaac needs to deal with his ship, and maybe there is something that needs to be done on the outside. Since his RIG is damaged (as you said), the blonde can help as she gets help by getting into the ship.
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I just had a shocking revelation...

Takoizu... her story is basically Lucina.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Ok, so Isaac does not crash into Earth, right?

How should I explain Carver being missing?

Wait, not unless Kara sees this ship on the edge of Earth's orbit and tries to contact them, but they don't respond. From there, the ship would crash, due to it barreling towards Earth.

The main reason I chose the crash landing was so that I would be able to safely write out Carver without killing him so that anyone could pick him up later. He simply gets split up from Isaac. While that happens, Isaac's suit gets damaged from the crash, along with his weapons, forcing him to start over. I'm perfectly okay with Kara joining, but I just need a way to write Carver out without killing him off.

Basically, she would enter the seemingly empty ship in an attempt to stop it from crashing. That is when she would probably find both Isaac and Carver in a trance, hallucinating. She tries to stop the ship, but it is too late to escape Earth's gravity, forcing her to brace herself for the crash.

What are your thoughts? Should Kara join up before the ship crashes? If not, do you have a way I can write out Carver without killing him?

@Wriggle

Wait what?
              sigpic

Comment

RP General Discussion

@wriggs
                *cough*that's because it is based on it*cough*

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy shit I literally did not see that until now cuz I never played FE:A until like a month ago
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Even though initially I mentioned that the concept was based on the children from the future in FE:A?

Comment

I wasn't paying attention. Besides, I didn't know who that child was since I had absolutely no idea about what that game was at all.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

True... True...

Comment

I´m down for that idea Utsuh, a planetary crash-landing.. meh, they already did that with the half of a cockpit in the last game, surely they can do it again.

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Yea, I hate to pull of something that has already been done, but it seems to be the easiest way to safely write out Carver.

Besides, it will make things a little harder for the group, trying to find weapons. You can allow Kara's armor to remain intact, but Isaac is going to have some bad luck with his.

Also, I am so hyped for the DS RP that I just started to play the first DS. I'm already on chapter 2. XD

@Wrighle and Cucoo

Yea, I kind of forgot that Takoizu's story was based off of FE. ^^;
                            sigpic

Comment

yo know we could make it.. most of the first part would be to understand the mess is happening, Isaac would have information about the Necromorphs moon versions while Kara would have information about the sudden attack and current situation of Earth.

We can know that the Earth had an outbreak in the beginning of DS3 when all the city went to hell. Yet we don´t know what happened since the group left as quickly as possible. What if things went worse with Isaac and Co. without knowing?

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Hm? How so?

Anyways, I find the first part interesting. They both have two different pieces of the puzzle, and can help each other out to figure out what is happening.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X