Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@NeoFox

Would magnets destroy the virus?

With electronics, magnets can scramble and even wipe data. I would assume the EMP would fry all electronics in the area, unless they were hardened against EMPs, like John's suit. Even then, all the electronics would be destroyed.

When you say that he lives as a ghost, do you mean that he lives in the air, like a stationary radiowave?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@S121

Magnets could probably stun and halt the virus, but once the virus infects something and does it's work it can't really be cured
      Sort of.

It's hard to say what the Sigma Virus is like. Though here is how it's described on the wiki:

As a virus, the Sigma Virus has the ability to infect and corrupt its targets. The Sigma Virus is however quite diverse; not only does it cause Maverick behavior in Reploids, it also has the ability to make Mechaniloids go berserk. On the flipside, however, the Sigma Virus when exposed to an insane robot (i.e., Zero) would have the opposite effect. Also, on its own it can drive Reploids to insanity, but under Sigma's direct control it has also been shown to become an effective tool in subtly manipulating a Reploid's heart or even controlling them completely like puppets on a string. Once infected, the Sigma Virus is relentless and the infected can not be easily returned to normalcy. Only when the host itself has died, does the Sigma Virus die along with it. Therefore the only option for most infected Reploids is to be retired by the Maverick Hunters. That is, until the production of the cure (Mother Elf which didn't come until the events between the X series, and Zero series took place). The exceptions to the rule that the virus dies with its host are Sigma and Zero. Sigma uses the Sigma Virus as a means to revive himself after each defeat, whereas Zero is constantly spreading the virus even after death.

I would assume that Sigma as a ghost does live in the air as a radiowave of sorts that can be constantly moving or stationary. The Sigma Virus is also said to be impossible to detect until it has actually done something like effect a Mechaniloid or Reploid. Meaning even as a ghost, Sigma would be near impossible to find until he infects something, but by that time Sigma would probably have already spread significantly.

Comment

@NeoFox

The only way that I can see permanently killing Sigma is to use antimatter, or use jammers to scramble his ghost.

Why I say to use antimatter is because electromagnetic energy waves are usually composed of particles (light is, and I'm pretty sure radio, gamma, and the others are as well. I gotta look that up later. I can't believe I forgot. -_-; ). If those particles are destroyed, then the energy wave dies as well.

Anyways, I made a post for you in IC.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

so.. where do i start? everything got fone as I read
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Krispia
            You don't have to post anything particular on AtWaG, just acknowledge that Rena and Nera are present in Human Village.

You do, however, have to post something on AtWaP.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Aw crap, I forgot to catch you up! D8

Did you already read everything?
              sigpic

Comment

@Mima
                What's you favorite fossil pokemon btw?
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Treble:

Bass's trusty robotic wolf companion.

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                    @Mima
                    What's you favorite fossil pokemon btw?
                    That's difficult. I like a few of them, more specifically, Omanyte, Cranidos, and one of the new fossil pokemon, Tyrunt (who i've found to be a quite nice stealth rock setter.)

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Alright.

I'll be back.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

@ S121

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                        You would have to go for the assassin's approach when fighting her, the one shot, one kill approach. Of course, this is all rough ideas.
                        Eleos: "You called?"

hats...boots...and hair....not something I can really draw =w=;
                        Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-27-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

"Yep. We need you to assassinate a minor. Will you take the job?"
                          sigpic

Comment

@ S121

"She a threat?"
                            and quite literally he would if given a good enough reason. Though he might think twice and follow until he makes up his mind then set up for the kill or...interrogate at gun point.

Comment

@Pringles/Cuckoo

Unless the minor can summon godlike flames.

sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I
                                Am
                                Baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X